• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

You are forgetting lord Beric who came back to life 6 times and the ShadowBaby.
I don't doubt that there are certainly people with some powers but I doubt this is the doing of a god. More than anything Melisandre seems like she does have powers but is using the story of the Red God to manipulate Stannis.

And I definitely doubt that Melisandre had any kind of hand in the deaths we've seen besides Renly which she directly influenced.

Atlantis

Such a feel good episode.

Cersei name-dropping Catelyn to Brienne then having to watch her son die just like she did minutes later.

Yes.

tumblr_n36mlzvJnW1ryp5oco4_250.gif

Yassssss.

tumblr_n36mlzvJnW1ryp5oco4_250.gif

Plasmid

Amazing to see Joffrey go in a random episode. However, am I the only one disappointed that he was offed via cloak and dagger tactics? This death, while deservedly painful, was too good for him. I'm a bit unsatisfied.

He deserved nothing more than to die of dysentery. He got off easy.

Macattk15

Can you check if it's still intact after Olenna speaks with her?

I just watched the part with Olenna fondling her.

It LOOKED like one of the stones was missing. But it could have just been under a fold of clothing or her hair. It was hard to tell. How could a jewel be poison? If you rewatch it ... the far left stone looks missing.

Was the pie involved in the poisoning?!? Ahhhhhh.

Think you might be onto something with Olenna though. Don't know why she'd be involved though.

It LOOKED like one of the stones was missing. But it could have just been under a fold of clothing or her hair. It was hard to tell. How could a jewel be poison? If you rewatch it ... the far left stone looks missing.

Was the pie involved in the poisoning?!? Ahhhhhh.

Think you might be onto something with Olenna though. Don't know why she'd be involved though.
idk maybe some liquid is in it, isn't it purple too? I'll look for myself but this shit is pretty condemning.

Macattk15

Boom.

Screenshot it.

Stone is definitely missing. JUST before the camera switches to this angle of Sansa it looks like Olenna pulls a stone off.

Damn. Really thought it would have been Varys or Littlefinger.

Olenna doesn't make sense to me. Damnit ... a week to wait and learn more.

Nameless

Nope, I don't buy The Lord of Light. The deaths that have happened have been a culmination of a long line of events leading up to them. Joffrey has had it coming for ages and he has a lot of enemies even within his people. Stannis asking the Red God to kill the usurpers is just coincidental timing imo and it works out for him and his religious fanatics because they'll buy it and eat it up.

I don't know, given what we've seen I'd be weary of chalking up anything dealing with the Red God to coincidence. The will of a deity wouldn't be necessarily be mutually exclusive with our [illusions of] free will.

Boom.

Screenshot it.

Stone is definitely missing. JUST before the camera switches to this angle of Sansa it looks like Olenna pulls a stone off.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I hope this isn't some ambiguous shit that won't ever be revealed BECAUSE I WANT TO BE FUCKING RIGHT

I think you nailed it.

I just checked, along with last weeks, and the left one IS missing, where as last week there weren't any missing jewels.

Olenna was stroking her hair, same spot where the left stone should be, after that part she cups her hand.

Macattk15

I think you nailed it.

I just checked, along with last weeks, and the left one IS missing, where as last week there weren't any missing jewels.

Olenna was stroking her hair, same spot where the left stone should be, after that part she cups her hand.

Yeah.

She definitely did it. She had to of right? That is too damning.

sangreal

Boom.

Screenshot it.

Olenna doesn't make sense to me. Damnit ... a week to wait and learn more.

oh yeah, I see what you guys are talking about now

sansa3.png

Macattk15

oh yeah, I see what you guys are talking about now

sansa3.png

Yep! Clear as day. She is pulling off a stone. Why would she do that?

I thought it was weird when I first watched how she was playing with Sansa's hair and all. Then that Dontos guy ran in to tell her to leave with him ... and the weird necklace scene in the garden last week ...

So that puts it on Olenna and Dontos? Who the fuck is Dontos! Did he have any friends anywhere?

DarkKyo

The one thing that stood out to me was how fast the Knight of Flowers bailed before all the shit went down. That + Oberyn's nod to him earlier on makes me think he is involved.

ok theory

Olenna told the Fool to give Sansa the necklace.

Olenna grabs a stone from the necklace containg secret poison sauce,

Joffs makes fun of tyrion, gets wine tyrion gave him drinks some, gives it to Marg who puts it on table

Olenna somehow gets the poison sauce into Joffs' goblet

she knew that fucking pie was dry as shit

Joffs orders Tyrion to get him some wine(with the poison)

bam!

Fool gets Sansa the fuck outta there.

edit: Call me fucking yeezuz

I think Tyrion may have been in on it.

There is a moment when he takes the cup, he looks at Olenna. Why of all people would he look at her.

Secondly, he wanted to leave. He wanted Sansa out of there, he wanted to be out of there himself.

It just so happened that Joffrey being the prick he is, made him stay, now by chance making it look like he poisoned it himself. Olenna better help Tyrion out.

Macattk15

ok theory

Joffs makes fun of tyrion, gets wine tyrion gave him drinks some, gives it to Marg who puts it on table

bam!

Yeah that is probably what happened.

But why!?! What does Olenna gain by doing this?

Tirion had no idea about the poison ... the way he was picking up the cup and staring at it ... Cersei just fucking hates him. RIP Tirion. I hope they don't kill the Imp!

There is a moment when he takes the cup, he looks at Olenna. Why of all people would he look at her.

Secondly, he wanted to leave. He wanted Sansa out of there, he wanted to be out of there himself.

It just so happened that Joffrey being the prick he is, made him stay, now by chance making it look like he poisoned it himself. Olenna better help Tyrion out.

Damn. Maybe you're right. I don't know. Tirion is one of my favs. I hope he doesn't get the Ned treatment soon.

traveler

Not Wario
Amazing to see Joffrey go in a random episode. However, am I the only one disappointed that he was offed via cloak and dagger tactics? This death, while deservedly painful, was too good for him. I'm a bit unsatisfied.

This was my original gut reaction as well, but I've since come to see it as pretty much perfect. Here's a king who's never lifted a finger in his life, who has always postured as something more- be it a great general, warrior, or ruler. He doesn't get to go out in battle or combat; he doesn't get a blaze of glory. No, he gets to go out like the chump he is, choking and writhing in pathetic agony before a crowd at his own wedding- which is all the more fitting, given that his cause broke the sanctity of weddings in the first place. Poetic justice.

idk, but that scene is the one that made me think it was Olenna, the way the camera had her in the back while Tyrion picked up the Goblet it was classic movie ' she did something'.

kaskade

This was my original gut reaction as well, but I've since come to see it as pretty much perfect. Here's a king who's never lifted a finger in his life, who has always postured as something more- be it a great general, warrior, or ruler. He doesn't get to go out in battle or combat; he doesn't get a blaze of glory. No, he gets to go out like the chump he is, choking and writhing in pathetic agony before a crowd at his own wedding- which is all the more fitting, given that his cause broke the sanctity of weddings in the first place. Why not make him reap what he sows?

I didn't think of it that way. I like this viewpoint.

ok theory

bam!

I don't get why Olenna would plant the stone on Sansas necklace, surely there would be an easier or more certain way to get the poison into the wedding.

I don't understand why Olenna would essentially send the necklace on a little trip before doing the deed herself anyway. Wouldn't it have made more sense for her just to hold onto the poison till the wedding?

Edit: beaten, but I still think Olenna has something to do with it when all is said and done.

Macattk15

I don't get why Olenna would plant the stone on Sansas necklace, surely there would be an easier or more certain way to get the poison into the wedding.

Good point. Why couldn't she just wear a necklace ... or bring a stone in her pocket ... not like they search people at the gates or anything ....

Qvoth

haven't watched the episode, but judging from the comments... seems like that has happened

surprised to hear it happen so soon, i'm not a book reader but i went on a spoiling spree back when 1st season ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom