• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

There's no way it was the wine unless it was Margaery herself who poured something into it.

Just re watched that part and I don't see any signs of there being anything done to the cup, it has to be the pie. He's the only one eating it.

It has to be the pie, they zoomed in on the pie after he cut it open with the sword.

Nameless

-Oberyn
-Margaery
-Olenna
-Red God
-Sansa(wild card)
-Ser Dantos

I like the idea of The Lord of Light answering Stannis' blood and fire sacrifices the best.

Macattk15

I'm thinkin it was one of the sneaky fuckers who did it ... Varys or Littlefinger.

Was Littlefinger even shown at the wedding? Why would he not be there? I don't even remember where they sent him off to.

TheContact

There's no way it was the wine unless it was Margaery herself who poured something into it.

Just re watched that part and I don't see any signs of there being anything done to the cup, it has to be the pie. He's the only one eating it.

Big Weather said Sansa had the cup under the table? I didn't catch that but if so then it was definitely her

It has to be the pie, they zoomed in on the pie after he cut it open with the sword.

I think they zoomed in just to show that he killed a dove while cutting it. But I still think it has to be the pie.

I don't see why people are saying Sansa, she may have had the cup, but it was empty and tipped over. Unless they have some special poison glue like substance she rubbed on the inside of the cup we don't know about then there's no way it was her.

Curufinwe

Another great part - Oberyn reminding Tywin about the rape and murder of women and children, and reminding Cersei that her only daughter is in Dorne.

ramyeon

-Oberyn
-Margaery
-Olenna
-Red God
-Sansa(wild card)
-Ser Dantos

I like the idea of The Lord of Light answering Stannis' blood and fire sacrifices the best.
Really? That is the most unappealing to me. It would be really disappointing if it were supernatural or religious.

Political intrigue is much more interesting.

Curufinwe

I'm thinkin it was one of the sneaky fuckers who did it ... Varys or Littlefinger.

Was Littlefinger even shown at the wedding? Why would he not be there? I don't even remember where they sent him off to.

He sailed off to the Vale at the end of season 3 to bring Lisa Arryn into the fold.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Now how are they gonna top the evilness of Joffrey

yeah, i was thinking the same. there doesn't seem to be any black and white bad guys now that joffery is dead.

maybe the lord of light women or Ramsay but they don't have that new asshole shine that joffrey did.

Big Weather said Sansa had the cup under the table? I didn't catch that but if so then it was definitely her

I think she did, briefly -- Joffrey kicks the cup under the table, Tyrion goes searching for it, Sansa rises on the far side of the table with it and hands it to Tyrion.

However, I am wondering if it was perhaps the pie, I hadn't thought of that. If so then that'd seem to point to the grandmother (Olanna? I'm bad with names). I could understand why she'd do it, just seems like she'd wait until Margery was definitely the queen to strike though.

I know this is fantasy and all that, but if this were real life would they really put Tyrion to death for this? If I were him I would say, "the wine was already in the jar thing, all I did was pour it. Also, why would I just stand around while he's dying?" There's no proof it was him. I know this is fantasy land where royalty can pretty much have you killed for sneezing. I guess Tywin will figure he might as well take the chance to finally get rid of Tyrion regardless of whether he thinks he did it or not.

Macattk15

He sailed off to the Vale at the end of season 3 to bring Lisa Arryn into the fold.

Ah thanks. Forgot.

Still think he or Varys had something to do with it. Littlefinger is such a sneaky sniveling bastard. Varys just creeps me out in different ways ... and has/knows lots of secrets.

Macattk15

Didn't she hand the cup to Tyrion after it rolled under the table? Although Joffrey drank wine out of that cup and seemed to be ok.

Sansa only has one use. And it is to feel sorry for herself and her situation.

I doubt she had any knowing of the poisoning.

Would have liked her to stab Joffrey in the face though ....

ramyeon

I know this is fantasy and all that, but if this were real life would they really put Tyrion to death for this? If I were him I would say, "the wine was already in the jar thing, all I did was pour it. Also, why would I just stand around while he's dying?" There's no proof it was him. I know this is fantasy land where royalty can pretty much have you killed for sneezing. I guess Tywin will figure he might as well take the chance to finally get rid of Tyrion regardless of whether he thinks he did it or not.
People have been executed throughout actual history for far less.

Because Olenna is a badass and not power hungry like the Lannisters and knows that Joffrey is a horrible king? The show has pretty obviously shown her as being an opposite equal to Tywin, who does anything for gain in house/family strength.

Why kill him after spending a ton of gold on their wedding? Maergery's plan has been to run out the clock until she had a baby. Olenna may not be obsessed over power but she definitely has been scheming for it like all the rest.

JoeBoy101

Because Olenna is a badass and not power hungry like the Lannisters and knows that Joffrey is a horrible king? The show has pretty obviously shown her as being an opposite equal to Tywin, who does anything for gain in house/family strength.

There's also the little issue that her beloved granddaughter is marrying one of the worst, most powerful monsters of Westeros.

Remember, fucker loved his crossbow.

Pepiope

IMO it has something to do with the fool and Sansa because they showed their scene from last week before tonight's episode, but that's not much to go off of.

Ah thanks. Forgot.

Still think he or Varys had something to do with it. Littlefinger is such a sneaky sniveling bastard. Varys just creeps me out in different ways ... and has/knows lots of secrets.
makes sense. No where to be found, etc. Still think Olenna had something to do with it.

and the fat guy fool who whisked Sansa away, he gave sansa that necklace. I need to rewatch the episode to see if Sansa was wearing the necklace since Olenna was fuckign around with her offering her condolences and touching all over her.

Nameless

Really? That is the most unappealing to me. It would be really disappointing if it were supernatural or religious.

Political intrigue is much more interesting.

Whether or not an enemy wielding poison or an enemy wielding the blessings of a god killed Joffrey the political ramifications are there.

Let's say someone did poison Joffrey, it's still hard to deny, given the timing, that the fall of another Usurper King was set in motion by a higher force.

There's also the little issue that her beloved granddaughter is marrying one of the worst, most powerful monsters of Westeros.

Remember, fucker loved his crossbow.

Unlike Sansa, Maergery knows how to control Joffrey. That was what got Cersei all up in arms an episode or two ago. She knew Maergery was bending Joffrey to her will and not Cersei's.

Macattk15

makes sense. No where to be found, etc. Still think Olenna had something to do with it.

and the fat guy fool who whisked Sansa away, he gave sansa that necklace. I need to rewatch the episode to see if Sansa was wearing the necklace since Olenna was fuckign around with her offering her condolences and touching all over her.

Sansa was definitely wearing that necklace.

This shit up on HBO Go yet? I need to rewatch something.

Amazing to see Joffrey go in a random episode. However, am I the only one disappointed that he was offed via cloak and dagger tactics? This death, while deservedly painful, was too good for him. I'm a bit unsatisfied.

ramyeon

Whether or not an enemy wielding poison or an enemy wielding the blessings of a god killed Joffrey the political ramifications are there.

Let's say someone did poison Joffrey, it's still hard to deny, given the timing, that the fall of another Usurper King was set in motion by a higher force.
Nope, I don't buy The Lord of Light. The deaths that have happened have been a culmination of a long line of events leading up to them. Joffrey has had it coming for ages and he has a lot of enemies even within his people. Stannis asking the Red God to kill the usurpers is just coincidental timing imo and it works out for him and his religious fanatics because they'll buy it and eat it up.

sangreal

I don't think Margery would do it before having his kids. It would make absolutely no sense given her previous efforts to become queen

She did hold the cup though

VKLE5lz.jpg

Nope, I don't buy The Lord of Light. The deaths that have happened have been a culmination of a long line of events leading up to them. Joffrey has had it coming for ages and he has a lot of enemies even within his people. Stannis asking the Red God to kill the usurpers is just coincidental timing imo and it works out for him and his religious fanatics because they'll buy it and eat it up.

You are forgetting lord Beric who came back to life 6 times and the ShadowBaby.

reKon

Banned
Crazy episode. Had me at the edge of my seat the entire time even before the the grand finale. That whole wedding sense was tense as fuck. I didn't think that Joffrey would go like that. Fuck Joffrey and fuck Cersei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom