• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Olenna would plant the stone on Sansas necklace, surely there would be an easier or more certain way to get the poison into the wedding.

Good point. Why couldn't she just wear a necklace ... or bring a stone in her pocket ... not like they search people at the gates or anything ....
Only thing I can't figure out. Olenna has always been sympathetic to sansa so I don't really know why'd she'd involve her in it but at the same time Sansa could be apart of it or Olenna involved her because she knows how much she hates sansa(remember sansa spilling her guts to Olenna in season 3?)

idk, but that scene is the one that made me think it was Olenna, the way the camera had her in the back while Tyrion picked up the Goblet it was classic movie ' she did something'.

tRUDS5m.png

aanIDU8.png

8pLs1ku.png

Even the look that Olenna's husband is looking at her. I had to make it small because the quality was bad, but he looks at her, just as Joffrey starts drinking.

Either Tyrion was in on it, or he knew she did something to it.

Droplet

I don't know if this was clarified earlier in the thread, but for the shot of the dead doves: was that because some had eaten the pie and died from the poison or because Joffrey had hacked some of them up? It would seem odd to focus on them like that if it was just to show that Joffrey had stuck a sword into the pie.

fuck Joffs. More important shit to discuss.

Holy cow, Bran grew up! How long has he been on the other side? Dude's hair grew like 6 inches, but his warging scenes are soooo goood. I liked when he said he was eating when Summer killed the deer.

And all those visions! was the tree talking to him or the raven? holy shit I'm hyped for Bran.
tRUDS5m.png

aanIDU8.png

8pLs1ku.png

Even the look that Olenna's husband is looking at her. I had to make it small because the quality was bad, but he looks at her, just as Joffrey starts drinking.
YUP

I don't know what he would have to gain from it other than fucking over the son he holds so much disdain for, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tywin was some how involved. This wouldn't be the first wedding he's crashed.

I don't know if this was clarified earlier in the thread, but for the shot of the dead doves: was that because some had eaten the pie and died from the poison or because Joffrey had hacked some of them up? It would seem odd to focus on them like that if it was just to show that Joffrey had stuck a sword into the pie.

I think that was just another way of the show reminding us that he was a complete and utter
cunt.
He must have known that the doves were there, didn't give a damn though.

Yes. Mace.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea to be honest. He looked a little to old to be her son, but a little too young to be her husband but went with husband because he was sitting at the table, yet Loras wasn't.

Why would he be there, but not the new Queens brother.

Didn't Margaery eat the pie too though? She didn't die. And the pie would likely be served to guests ... wine (well Joffrey's goblet) was targetted. Was definitely the wine.

Unless Tyrion did the poisoning how would that glass get specifically targeted. Unless it was sansa under the table? But even then how would they know that would happen

Didn't Margaery eat the pie too though? She didn't die. And the pie would likely be served to guests ... wine (well Joffrey's goblet) was targetted. Was definitely the wine.

I re watched that part several times now and no one is shown eating the pie but Joffrey. It's still possible because his reaction to eating it is not a good one, the moment he puts it in his mouth he has a sour look on his face.

But, the missing stone, the fondling of the hair is a lot more convincing right now, even I was convinced it had to be the pie until I watched it over and over.

iNvid02

mother of god that was satisfying

really wanted the latter half of the wedding and tyrion's humiliation to be over, couldnt have asked for a better way for it to finish.

MG310

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea to be honest. He looked a little to old to be her son, but a little too young to be her husband but went with husband because he was sitting at the table, yet Loras wasn't.

Why would he be there, but not the new Queens brother.

Isn't he still a member of the Kingsguard? He was presumably watching over things like Jaime was.

Angry Fork

I like the theory that the lady watching who paid for the stuff did it, along with the guy who warned the Stark girl. I was fucking cheering when Tyrion refused to kneel, if he dies this show will lose something it can't replace.

I kind of feel like Joffrey was needed in a way though. Like there aren't going to be anymore moments of Tyrion defying and making fun of him =(

antitrop

I legitimately had no clue at all what was gonna go down at the red wedding but I feel like this episode was pretty heavy handed.
I feel the complete opposite. Especially since the Red Wedding was at the end of the season, and the Purple Wedding was at the beginning. You always expect crazier shit to go down towards the end.

Pop

That was a great episode. His time was coming. Was well worth it if you ask me, should have been much worse to be honest.

iNvid02

everytime we've heard the rains of castamere someone has died right? the version in today's episode and during the credits was really good

zomaha

until we find out what the poison specifically was, i don't think it was the pie. joffrey had the first piece in his mouth for like 5 seconds before he urgently asked for the wine. unless they got some fast-ass poisons in westeros, i think it's more likely he was poisoned when he drank from the goblet after tyrion retrieved it from sansa.

there are flaws with every theory, but with the limited information we have i'm going with sansa / the fool

Pepiope

I feel the complete opposite. Especially since the Red Wedding was at the end of the season, and the Purple Wedding was at the beginning. You always expect crazier shit to go down towards the end.
This is known as the Purple Wedding? Is that a hint/spoiler about the necklace? Or a guess?

Tawpgun

So does this mean Margery Tyrell is available now? If so, dibs. Also yeah, who is in line for the throne now?

No more Baratheons...

Isn't he still a member of the Kingsguard? He was presumably watching over things like Jaime was.

Yeah, I think you're right. I totally forgot about that. Thanks

if he dies this show will lose something it can't replace.

I kind of feel like Joffrey was needed in a way though. Like there aren't going to be anymore moments of Tyrion defying and making fun of him =(

I agree. If one or the other had to go, I'd prefer it to be Joffrey (as much as I hated to see him go tonight) but if we lose both of them this season, damn i'll be far more bothered than when the killed off Rob and Cat.

sk3

Banned
Man Joffrey's face was so disturbing. I think the weirdest thing was how his eyes were pointing in different directions. The poison gave him lazy eye? So weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom