• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mugx036ksm1s0jd3ro1_500.gif

Just turned 18...huh

Sophie Turner is significantly more attractive in real lifer compared to GoT. It's the hair mainly.

How old is Sansa btw? Can't tell if its her hair or all the gruesome shit she is going through but they did a good job of making her look old.

:lol
I choked on my water

Sophie is probably somewhere in the middle on the list of beautiful women in GoT.

She has one of the prettiest faces in my opinion. As pretty as the actress who plays Shae and Cersei and the other women are in this show, whenever they have a scene with Sansa I always take note of how much prettier I find Sansa's face, good proportions and all. I'm sure it's just personal preference, but think I really started to notice this during season 3.

Does anyone know how much time has passed in this story since the time Ned Stark chopped off the head of that dude who ran from the wall after witnessing the white walkers and now in the story?

Main reason I wonder is because one of the first things we hear about is how Winter is Coming and how brutal it will be, but then 4 seasons later we go into Kings Landing and it looks like mid-summer at all times and everything is alive and growing.

This latest episode brought it all back with the snow coming down onto the Iron Throne. Made me think ... oh yeah thats right ... winter is supposed to be coming.

Maybe it has only been like a year or so in the actual story though. Dunno.

It's been about a year and half/two story wise, I think. But the winter they're talking about is not like our seasons, it'll last for years. The current summer has been going on for like a decade.

Cyan

Banned
Oh? That's a pity. I liked reading comparisons between the books and the show but didn't want to know exactly what is going to happen next. I guess I'll just stick in here.

It's enough work for the mods (read: Cornballer) just keeping this thread spoiler-free and preventing the two threads from going to war with each other. Add a third one and it becomes a bit much.

We want a place where non-book readers can discuss the show without fear of spoilers, and we want a place where book readers can discuss the show without having to worry about spoiler-tagging everything and/or accidentally spoiling people. Discussion for people who've read some but not all of the books is enough of an edge case that it's just not worth it.

leng jai

GoT seems to have a habit of making their actresses look worse on set than in real life. Sansa, Cersei and Dany all look worse. The minor characters are actually the ones that look the best - namely the red haired assistant that Dany had in S1 & 2 and the new one she picked up in S3.

Arent they all supposed to be like 14 years old in the books? I think they are attempting to keep them younger looking.

She looks much older in RL then in the series, that is probably why.

It's been about a year and half/two story wise, I think. But the winter they're talking about is not like our seasons, it'll last for years. The current summer has been going on for like a decade.

Thats what popped into mind when I started wondering why Winter hasn't come yet. Was thinking it may of just been a few years since the start of the story anyway.

They do a good job with Arya, then. She looks about 12. Maybe she looks like a child in real life too, though, I dunno.

Right I was curious about how they would do it with Arya. She is supposed to be 9 at the start of the books.

Cyan

Banned
They do a good job with Arya, then. She looks about 12. Maybe she looks like a child in real life too, though, I dunno.

Arent they all supposed to be like 14 years old in the books? I think they are attempting to keep them younger looking.

Thats what popped into mind when I started wondering why Winter hasn't come yet. Was thinking it may of just been a few years since the start of the story anyway.

All the children are younger in the books. They were aged for television for obvious reasons.

Nameless

It's enough work for the mods (read: Cornballer) just keeping this thread spoiler-free and preventing the two threads from going to war with each other. Add a third one and it becomes a bit much.

We want a place where non-book readers can discuss the show without fear of spoilers, and we want a place where book readers can discuss the show without having to worry about spoiler-tagging everything and/or accidentally spoiling people. Discussion for people who've read some but not all of the books is enough of an edge case that it's just not worth it.

The North Remembers

But yeah, Corn & co. do a great job weeding out the shit. This is literally the only place online I feel safe discussing the show. Haven't regretted it so far.

StuBurns

Banned
I think it's mostly just a case of the characters not being very happy. Turner and Clarke are both always photographed as being very effervescent personalities, but their characters are just sour, either depressed or distant and obsessive, they're not attractive personalities.

leng jai

I think it's mostly just a case of the characters not being very happy. Turner and Clarke are both always photographed as being very effervescent personalities, but their characters are just sour, either depressed or distant and obsessive, they're not attractive personalities.

Definitely true for Sansa. She looks depressed 24/7 pretty much. Clarke just looks far better as a brunette.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Right I was curious about how they would do it with Arya. She is supposed to be 9 at the start of the books.

As bad as this might sound, seeing Robb die like he did wasn't all that bad because he looks like a grown man, I can't imagine seeing a 15 year old or whatever he's supposed to be go like he did, along with his wife.

Nameless

Ah, I missed all of that. At least there's going to be some form of conflict in Bran's storyline. Finally.

I understand people souring on Bran's story but it's much more interesting now that they're beyond The Wall. The constant threat of Wildlings and White Walkers should at the very least add tension, even if takes a while to get to the meat of Bran's powers/purpose.

StuBurns

Banned
I haven't seen those. Her character isn't depressed though, she just comes across as an alpha which is probably seen as attractive for a lot of people.
Indeed, I was referring to Sansa as depressed, and her as distant and obsessive. Being commanding is an attractive characteristic, but even that's very rare, a little last season like the bathing scene, but most the time she just looks completely absent.

Indeed, I was referring to Sansa as depressed, and her as distant and obsessive. Being commanding is an attractive characteristic, but even that's very rare, a little last season like the bathing scene, but most the time she just looks completely absent.
I think her wolf dying was more than symbolic. Ever since that happened I figured she would be doomed. I don't see a happy ending for her.

Guys, I forgot where Ghost is. Is he still with Jon? Or did he wander off somewhere?

:< I wants to see Ghost. And soon. He's awesome. He's my favourite wolf after Grey Wind.

GorillaJu

The Bran arc is my favorite part of the story, surprised to hear anyone thinks it's boring. Can't wait for him to have a major effect on the story. Same with Jon – that old school honor code, the dire wolves, the ancient religion... I love the Stark lore and with the way the series begins with them you can't help but think they'll be a major part of how it ends too.

Sendero

Which is actually really foolish of Cersei. Does she really think he'd be that sloppy?
She is acting irrational. I mean, from her point of view:

• She is not a man (has lamented that several times).
  • She is no longer the Queen, was this close to kill his young son, and suicide herself in the middle of an uprising/invasion. Alone. His lover "left her"; his oldest son became a sadist.
  • His father pretty much told her (indirectly) that she is less relevant/useful than her drunk-pervert-hideous dwarf brother, that her only worth now is as cattle for political gains. To a pillow-biter.
  • Lost her son to a whore lowly bitch that JUST managed to get loved by her own people in few days.
  • Her lover lost his way to protect her, and his "edge". She seems to blame him for picking on Ned. And turns out a lowly monstrous woman have the guts to try to take him away from her.

When you add the fact that his royal son was putting that pathetic dwarf in his place -something that she never really could- and suddenly drops dead, while the other one remains alive.. of course she will lash her fury on him. She despise Tyrion because life has been kinder to him, despite all the sacrifices she has done for her family. Pure, unadulterated jealously.

So awesome.

I understand people souring on Bran's story but it's much more interesting now that they're beyond The Wall. The constant threat of Wildlings and White Walkers should at the very least add tension, even if takes a while to get to the meat of Bran's powers/purpose.

I've always found white walkers boring, but Locke? There's a guy I can hate.

As bad as this might sound, seeing Robb die like he did wasn't all that bad because he looks like a grown man, I can't imagine seeing a 15 year old or whatever he's supposed to be go like he did, along with his wife.

Yeah I'm sure some of these scenes were far more traumatic in the books considering Sansa is 11, Arya is 9, Robb is 14 in the books at the start ( just googled it ).

Kimaka

Man that War of the 5 Kings thing was brutal on so many people. Poor Margeary looked like she wanted to strangle the little shit.

I thought out of all the people, she would have been the one to keep it together. Joffrey went too far and she let the mask slip in public.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man that War of the 5 Kings thing was brutal on so many people. Poor Margeary looked like she wanted to strangle the little shit.

Prince Oberyn thinking, "stay classy Lannisters"

Even Tywin is having a hard time stomaching what's going down.

And then there's this bitch.

*golf clap*

My friend is telling me that if you rewatch the episode, you can see some background shenanigans with the cup that somehow prove it was the Tyrells that poisoned Joffrey. I have no way of rewatching, can anyone clarify?

Gleeson was the best actor on the show I think, his character was performed extraordinarily well, even better than Tyrion's actor.

So far, I love Olenna, Arya, Sandor, Tywin, Oberyn, Ramsay, Petyr, Tyrion and Maergery's performance on the show. The only actor that really bums me out is Jon Snow's, at least how he is written on the show. Jeor Mormont was great as well.

Gleeson was the best actor on the show I think, his character was performed extraordinarily well, even better than Tyrion's actor.

So far, I love Olenna, Arya, Sandor, Tywin, Oberyn, Ramsay, Petyr, Tyrion and Maergery's performance on the show. The only actor that really bums me out is Jon Snow's, at least how he is written on the show. Jeor Mormont was great as well.

Agree on everything ever.

Brashnir

You forgot Hodor.

And Hot Pie.

Minion101

Banned
My friend is telling me that if you rewatch the episode, you can see some background shenanigans with the cup that somehow prove it was the Tyrells that poisoned Joffrey. I have no way of rewatching, can anyone clarify?

Nope. Just watched it again. Tyrian does look at Olenna Tyrell after grabbing the cup a final time before the poisoning. I don't know how Olenna Tyrell could have done it without getting caught. Margaery Tyrell could have done it though.

Vashetti

Banned

Sansa
Bran
Jorah
Cersei

*shakes violently*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom