• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion101

Banned
Anytime I google anything Game of Thrones related, I squint hard when the autofill pops up so I don't see any potential spoilers. Ain't playin no games here.

I actually disabled autofill because of that incident. It's been off since.

Edit: I'm wrong, it's enabled, you used to be able to turn it off, not sure if the update changed that. I usually just use the chrome address bar to search anyway, so it just shows what I've looked for.

tumblr_n40ewxcbVL1qeybv0o1_250.gif
tumblr_n40ewxcbVL1qeybv0o2_250.gif

I really like that one.

Everything came full circle. Credit to Martin for his writing in this episode.

It was nice to see an episode without mama dragon. I am starting to tire of her story.

Actually I am fascinated by all scenes that don't include Bran and dragon mom.

Sometimes I wish the show took place entirely without them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bran's story sucks because they spend 5 minutes on him per episode so his story goes nowhere over the course of a season.

televator

It was nice to see an episode without mama dragon. I am starting to tire of her story.

Actually I am fascinated by all scenes that don't include Bran and dragon mom.

Sometimes I wish the show took place entirely without them.

You mean just skew towards 100% political assholery? I couldn't stomach poeple being shitty all the time. Its the reason I can't watch stuff like house of cards.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I'd actually like to see a lot more focus on Robb and Catelyn; How much of Robb's skin has rotted off, how many worms are crawling through Catelyn's hair, etcetera.

Vashetti

Banned
I'd actually like to see a lot more focus on Robb and Catelyn; How much of Robb's skin has rotted off, how many worms are crawling through Catelyn's hair, etcetera.

I wonder if Ned's head has degraded enough to fall off the spike it was embedded on?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
After this season I may just become a book reader though. I hate the paranoia of avoiding spoilers. I did it for Harry Potter movies for years!
I was just thinking that today. I might have to read the books after the season ends if only to see if my favorite characters will still be alive in season 6.

Does anyone know how much time has passed in this story since the time Ned Stark chopped off the head of that dude who ran from the wall after witnessing the white walkers and now in the story?

Main reason I wonder is because one of the first things we hear about is how Winter is Coming and how brutal it will be, but then 4 seasons later we go into Kings Landing and it looks like mid-summer at all times and everything is alive and growing.

This latest episode brought it all back with the snow coming down onto the Iron Throne. Made me think ... oh yeah thats right ... winter is supposed to be coming.

Maybe it has only been like a year or so in the actual story though. Dunno.

IceCold

Bran's vision of King's Landing made me think of the illusion in the house of the undying (when Daenerys was searching for her dragons).

Bran's story sucks because they spend 5 minutes on him per episode so his story goes nowhere over the course of a season.

It sucks because it sucks. He is doing absolutely nothing of any worth or drama with a half wit and two terrible characters who by their very nature have absolutely nothing of any worth to say or do. They are undeveloped but all the development in the world won't save them because they are completely removed from the events of the series.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sophie Turner is super pretty and radiates friendliness and fun.

And I'm eight years older than her.

It sucks because it sucks. He is doing absolutely nothing of any worth or drama with a half wit and two terrible characters who by their very nature have absolutely nothing of any worth to say or do. They are undeveloped but all the development in the world won't save them because they are completely removed from the events of the series.

I'm sure it will pay off somewhere down the line. But you are right, there's just no drama in their scenes. Bran's storyline is very much still in exposition where he's discovering his powers - we have no idea what it means for him or how it will affect the other characters.

I'm sure it will pay off somewhere down the line. But you are right, there's just no drama in their scenes. Bran's storyline is very much still in exposition where he's discovering his powers - we have no idea what it means for him or how it will affect the other characters.

Roose and Reek are on their way, that ought to liven things up.

Nameless

Roose and Reek are on their way, that ought to liven things up.

Ramsay and Reek are heading to fight Greyjoy forces holding Northern lands

Locke is leading a party to track down the Stark boys, presumably starting at The Wall.

Roose is holding things down at the Dreadfort.

I suppose it's my own fault, but I've just had what I presume to be the rest of season 4 catastrophically spoiled for me by scrolling down and catching the very first fucking comment on a YouTube review of the last episode.

Some bloody people, ya know?

tbh, i do find most of stannis' arc a bit dull, but in the most recent episode his arc was quite entertaining. the burning and the dynamic between his wife, priestess and daughter was bizarre and fascinating. like peeking into a secretive and self-possessed royal family. I can feel the old blood's pride in Stannis, despite having to live in that gloomy, strange and misshapen form of 'glory'

Bran, yeah, his plotline is slow moving and full with nothing but trudging here and there. But I consider his arc to be the slow burner whilst the current primary story is blossoming in pomp and fanfare. So, I find that I am accepting the slower pace and duller happenings in his arc, because I am expecting that his stuff is more aligned to 'future' things. Sometimes I think he's just told to remind audience that hey, stuffs are being set up here... for later.

Also, whoa, the actor that played Bran grew a fair bit! : O

Cyan

Banned
Oh damn, one of the episode titles suddenly makes a loooot more sense.

Episode 5 title:
First of His Name. The coronation of Tommen Baratheon?

StuBurns

Banned
I found the actual throne pic I was thinking of.

I think there's a direct correlation between how hot the GoT girls are versus how bad their characters are, I might chart it one day.

Ramsay and Reek are heading to fight Greyjoy forces holding Northern lands

Locke is leading a party to track down the Stark boys, presumably starting at The Wall.

Roose is holding things down at the Dreadfort.

Ah, I missed all of that. At least there's going to be some form of conflict in Bran's storyline. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom