• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Surely a large number of people would pledge allegiance to her once she arrives in order to be on the winning side in the upcoming war, with only a few arrogant houses left fighting against her. I suspect by the time she arrives all eyes will be on the North and the whitewalkers, with people flocking to her to save them.

One would imagine that Dorne would be on her side without question, being in laws and all. Not to mention a common hate for the Lannisters.

As someone with a Tyrion avatar I don't see how you could say that, since many of her more sympathetic moments came as she confided in him. Look, I get it, she's a cunt and you don't like her, but she's a cunt with emotional depth.

To back up your argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihhv4PkM4C8

I felt this was a great scene for Cersei's character. The audience has come to loathe her at this point, but moments like this make you feel genuine sympathy for her.

Mr.Mike

One would imagine that Dorne would be on her side without question, being in laws and all. Not to mention a common hate for the Lannisters.

It would also be a good place for her armies to land and stage their invasion. There also seems to be, as mentioned, somewhat of a renaissance in Dorne, and Dany has shown herself to be quite progressive. Together they could conquer Westeros so as to bring about major reforms to benefit the common people. So far in the show everyone has only cared about the games of the lords and ladies, perhaps Dany could seek to change that. She has been do far the only person vying for the throne who seems to really care about common people.

It would also give her a motive other than wanting to take back what was her families.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
In my rewatch I just saw the scene where she said she once felt something for Robert, and asked the same about him. To which he replied "no". So harsh, so good.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A bit off-topic:

I just gotten in my hands all the books released so far for the A Song of Ice and Fire series from A Game of Thrones all the way to A Dance With Dragons.

Never watched the show before, not an avid TV watcher but I do like reading novels.

Don't know what to expect, but I am pretty excited to begin considering how famous this entire series is. I wonder how fast I can go through all the books: seems so many pages to turn and read, hahaha!

Cyan

Banned
A bit off-topic:

I just gotten in my hands all the books released so far for the A Song of Ice and Fire series from A Game of Thrones all the way to A Dance With Dragons.

Never watched the show before, not an avid TV watcher but I do like reading novels.

Don't know what to expect, but I am pretty excited to begin considering how famous this entire series is. I wonder how fast I can go through all the books: seems so many pages to turn and read, hahaha!

Jesus, don't post in this thread, man. Spoilers everywhere. Go to the monthly reading thread.

The only time the people in Westeros have mentioned the Targaryens is in the first season, and they haven't mentioned her since. Surely word would have reached them about the 100,000+ Unsullied army and three fucking dragons that thousands of people have now seen?

They don't live in the same world we do though, imagine if someone told you dragon's and shit were flying around, you wouldn't believe them without video or pictures, so how would they prove it to you?

Most would scoff it off as hyperbole.

I am really going to miss Jack Gleeson on this show. What an incredible performance from that kid. Played a truly despicable character really, really well. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for him to do.

The hounds facial scars have really been toned down.

Ivan-Ooza2.jpg
I don't remember his facial scars being that purple.

Cyan

Banned
:jnc

I'd totally forgotten about that guy! I suppose since we haven't seen him, he presumably got killed in the wildfire blast.

UrbanRats

Finally caught up!

I'm glad that piece of shit is dead, for one thing, because we all wanted him to, of course, but also because i thought his character got really stale in the last few seasons.
Just dickery after dickery uninterrupted, i get that he's a psycho spoiled brat, but every scene he was in, just had nothing less of him being the most annoying little shit possible.
I found it tiring, and his wedding was no exception, going out of his way to be annoying even when there was zero reason to, dude must have had serious brain problems, that's how i'm justifying him being a one trick pony of a character.

Anyhow, the only real problem i have with this show right now is that there are so many characters, that it's forced to advance plots at a snail's pace in some cases (see Bran or whatever his name is, the kid with the super powers, or even Stannis).

But yeah, otherwise, as fun as always.

I'm really liking the new foreign prince character (i'm awful with names, and i'm afraid to google this show).

FTF

Dang. Just subscribe to this one and only access it through your Subscriptions.

Yup, I did this as the two thread titles, at quick glance, are similar to each other. I've almost clicked on the book/spoiler thread a few times myself.

agrajag

Banned
As someone with a Tyrion avatar I don't see how you could say that, since many of her more sympathetic moments came as she confided in him. Look, I get it, she's a cunt and you don't like her, but she's a cunt with emotional depth.

No, you don't get it. I read the books, and she can feel sympathy for the character. But not Leana Heady with 100% cunt-face 100% of the time. She has zero depth. Jesus, it's not like my view on this in anyway unique.

Moofers

No, you don't get it. I read the books, and she can feel sympathy for the character. But not Leana Heady with 100% cunt-face 100% of the time. She has zero depth. Jesus, it's not like my view on this in anyway unique.

Lena does a great job. I think if you can get over that you don't like her face, you will see the character definitely has a lot of depth and inner-conflict going on, but just chooses to commit 100% to being a turbo-bitch on the outside at all times.

I like Lena. I'm not sure about Cersei. I think she's my least favourite major Lannister :< She's sort of written mostly as thirsty and discontent for having been born a woman and nursing a grudge against everything ever that drove her to do irrational deeds. Whilst this is a 'fun' angle, it also makes the character too made-up for me.

Lena's a very enjoyable actor, though. I have enjoyed her performance in other stuff. I think she's a little miscast as Cersei, but she still delivers well, within the confines of the character's parameters....

overcast

Definitely on team Tyrells did it.

Doesn't this put the other son as heir? Therefore Cersei in power? (Esentially). Weird move to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom