• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

This guy had some personality:

FrTCKuKl.jpg

This guy just looks like any other sell-sword:

MUL2NHQ.jpg

That was the one thing that stuck out so much was why did they also add a beard and cut his hair off. It was like they didn't even try to mask him as a recasting. They just said,"new actor, deal with it"

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Using a poisoned stone from the necklace still seems like a ridiculous idea to me. What would've happened if Sansa ended up not wearing it?
It makes more sense now, as it seems the purpose of the necklace was to implicate Sansa, not as some overly complicated method of getting the poison to the wedding.

So Jaime raping Cersei right next to the fresh corpse of their bastard son. This really bothered me. Jaime was growing on me more and more over the past couple seasons but this definitely changed that.

Couldn't he rub one out? Get himself a whore? I think he doesn't really give a fuck about Joffreys death. Nearly everything he does seems to be as a result of his obsession with his sister and that alone.

Ploid 3.0

So Jaime raping Cersei right next to the fresh corpse of their bastard son. This really bothered me. Jaime was growing on me more and more over the past couple seasons but this really changed that.

Couldn't he rub one out? Get himself a whore? I think he could really give a fuck less about Joffreys death. Everything he does is for his obsession with his sister and that alone.

He's probably been doing that for the months Cersei has been denying him after fighting to get back to her. He may feel his time with her is running out, and he probably thought this was the best chance he had at her. Rape is probably nothing to people in this world, just like sex next to your dead son, and incest.

He's probably been doing that for the months Cersei has been denying him after fighting to get back to her. He may feel his time with her is running out, and he probably thought this was the best chance he had at her. Rape is probably nothing to people in this world, just like sex next to your dead son, and incest.

Yeah, I guess sometimes I forget we're in Westeros where pretty much anything goes. But still, it's more than just what he did, it's about him being this simp who's controlled by his obsession with Cersei.

Seems that way at least.

Kimaka

So Jaime raping Cersei right next to the fresh corpse of their bastard son. This really bothered me. Jaime was growing on me more and more over the past couple seasons but this definitely changed that.

Couldn't he rub one out? Get himself a whore? I think he doesn't really give a fuck about Joffreys death. Nearly everything he does seems to be as a result of his obsession with his sister and that alone.

Yeah, that was disgusting. Of all the characters, I thought he would have enough empathy to understand that a mother might not be down to fucking just after her son was murdered. Then he calls her hateful and rapes her for daring to grieve. Jamie is back under the giant asshole list. I hope Cersei never forgives him.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Damn, could Sam be anymore pathetic? Also, new Daario sucks. :/

Sam reminds me of posters in relationship threads.
In fact this whole ep seemed to be some sort of giant metaphor for dating and relationships. maybe I'm looking too deeply into it though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My DVR recording skipped a beat once Sansa got on the ship. Of all the times to screw up...

E92 M3

I actually like the new Dario. This episode went by way too fast (as they all do). Sam's level of cowardice about embracing the situation and truly protecting his women was frustrating, but that's why I love this story -- characters are broken and flawed.

Minion101

Banned
That was the one thing that stuck out so much was why did they also add a beard and cut his hair off. It was like they didn't even try to mask him as a recasting. They just said,"new actor, deal with it"

It's more honest. There was nothing worse then when DBZ changed all their voice actors to new ones trying to imitate the old actors. (sorry for this example)

E92 M3

To be fair to Sam, Castle Black is teeming with rapers.

Castle Black is in a state of disarray - there is so much shit going on that they don't even have time to think about rape. Sam sent a baby and his woman to live in a whore house where she will definitely not be protected. A patron comes with enough money and she will be given up right away.

Who else thought Dany was going to call down one of her Dragons as her champion? Lol.

This episode was full of just dumbasses and assholes. And now littlefinger has Sansa. Yeah that is going to end well HA

royalan

This guy had some personality:

FrTCKuKl.jpg

This guy just looks like any other sell-sword:

MUL2NHQ.jpg

And he was hotter.

I also miss the first dude.

Otherwise, boring episode. I said this last season and I still feel the same: with so many characters and so few episodes, GoT can't afford to waste so much time just setting the pieces. Nothing happened this episode, which is all the more annoying when you know we're now a 3rd through the season.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Who else thought Dany was going to call down one of her Dragons as her champion? Lol.

This episode was full of just dumbasses and assholes. And now littlefinger has Sansa. Yeah that is going to end well HA

He just says that everyone in the kingdom is a liar. Then in the next line he tells her she's gonna be safe. lol love littefinger

I don't know how they make poison Joker face turn back into normal Jack whatever face.

Everything else was superb, especially the camera work with Tywin, Cersei, and Tommen.

Damn, could Sam be anymore pathetic? Also, new Daario sucks. :/

I don't know if it's the actor playing him or what, but Sam has bugged me since season 1. It's just whimper voice all day and long stares since he's too dumb to just communicate his feelings with people and make his life 100x easier. "Gilly, I really like you but if you stay here someone's gonna rape or kill you, and I can't be with you all the time. Believe it or not you'll be much safer in a whorehouse." Instead we get *stare* "ehhhh ..... gilly..... don't do that.. ehhhh... *stare* *leave room*. So frustrating to watch.

Also, yes new Daario sucks big time. The first guy had an exotic, cocky look and attitude. It's like they tried to make this new guy not stand out in any way. He could just as easily be background soldier #12. Even that end fight with the champion sort of fell flat for me.

Great episode otherwise. I guess finding out the details of the poisoning is going to take up a couple episodes.

Yeah, that was disgusting. Of all the characters, I thought he would have enough empathy to understand that a mother might not be down to fucking just after her son was murdered. Then he calls her hateful and rapes her for daring to grieve. Jamie is back under the giant asshole list. I hope Cersei never forgives him.

I think he lost it because she was kissing him fine, but as soon as she realized he was touching her with his metal hand she shuddered and moved away. It seemed liked that's what set him off, atleast to me.

Koodo

Banned
Tywin dragging Joffrey's legacy next to his corpse.

Jamie raping Cersei next to their son's dead corpse.

I'm just screaming at the way Joffrey keeps getting defiled even after death.

iNvid02

new daario is plain but at least I don't want to punch his face every time he's on camera, I'll take it

Felt bad seeing how shitty the hound was acting, at least among all the other shitty behavior.
Yeah but then what he said about "how many more Starks need to be beheaded, I know how things are" struck me. I hope arya learns something from him, I don't want her to die.

yeaaaah fuck jaime and cersei, nasty fucks.

lol jon is like "we;re fuccccckkked" after he learns that the wildings know about castle black's forces

looks like my necklace theory is true. told ya so!

no bran so, lame episode. The Tywin and Joff's bro scene was cool though
also DAT PROMO
what the fuck was that? a white walker? the flash of the voldermort face after bran looks like he wakes up?

demolitio

no bran so, lame episode.
also DAT PROMO
what the fuck was that? a white walker? the flash of the voldermort face after bran looks like he wakes up?
That was Joffrey coming back from the dead to represent The Seven in a fight against The Lord of Light.

...or a white walker. Either one.

Yeah but then what he said about "how many more Starks need to be beheaded, I know how things are" struck me. I hope arya learns something from him, I don't want her to die.

Exactly. Hopefully she learns a lot more from him. I also feel that he's learning something from her as well. He wacked the guy over the head and took his money. If this was last season he would have killed them the moment they let him in their house.

royalan

lol jon is like "we;re fuccccckkked" after he learns that the wildings know about castle black's forces

no bran so, lame episode. The Tywin and Joff's bro scene was cool though
also DAT PROMO

From what I gathered, the wildlings don't yet know that there are only 100 men at Castle Black, that's why Jon wants them to go North and kill the men who took over dude's keep, to keep the Wildlings from eventually torturing that info out of them.

demolitio

I shouldn't have paid attention to the credits since guest star usually isn't a good category to be in. Damn.

Oh well, still pumped about Littlefinger. That evil, cunning bastard.

Why do I have a feeling that Tywin was the head of the plot on Joffrey?

He has the most to gain. Remove a tyrannical king that would surely have the kingdom fall when winter hit, let alone the invasion of Daenerys. Joffrey being king would destroy the kingdom and the family.

He get's to install and groom someone who is clearly easy to manipulate and extremely passive. He will basically be king while Tommen is alive.

Littlefinger was in on it, but what does he have to gain? Nothing that I can think of.

Varys is the only one who I wonder about. He knew about what was going down. He was trying to get Shae out of town before it went down. If I recall correctly he was also trying to get Sansa out too, knowing that she would be the key factor for the set up.

Just look at him during the wedding. He knew what was about to go down, and even though he knew what a cunt Joffrey was, having Sansa be one of the fall guys may not have been doing good things with his conscious.

Tywin knows what's up. While he's doing everything for the sake of the family name he has to get the kingdom together before winter and Daenerys hit. He's getting everything into motion to take control and stabilize the situation that Joffrey created.

EDIT: Also, what the fuck. A whole season of making Jamie sympathetic and they blew it all up. However, we must remember that he's a fucking horrible person. He threw a kid off a tower, he's not a good person, but that doesn't mean we can't witness his struggles and sympathize with them to a degree.

Man, my sympathies for Jamie and Cersei totally reversed in this episode.

I'm surprised my Littlefinger and necklace prediction turned out to be accurate, though, even if the details are still murky and am unsure how the Tyrells are involved. I thought I was crazy, but then I saw other people with similar predictions...yet still felt unsure. That was the prediction I was least sure about, because I was similarly suspecting Tywin.

I wonder if Arya and Sensa will end up reuniting in The Eyrie, eventually.

Folks, just a reminder that we're not comparing the books and the television show in this thread. Please use the other thread for anything like that or if you've read the books. Thank you.

Sajjaja

They spent an entire season making Jamie sympathetic and they threw all that goodwill away in one episode. Huh.

Mans gotta get his rocks off to his sister.......

Hmm.....

Really fucked that he did it RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR DEAD SON'S CORPSE WHILE SHE IS STILL MOURNING.

x-Lundz-x

They spent an entire season making Jamie sympathetic and they threw all that goodwill away in one episode. Huh.

I'm assuming it happened that way in the books, i have not read them except for the first so I don't know mind you but it would only make sense. Still I feel the same way, I was really coming around to Jamie, I thought he was becoming the man we wanted him to be and it just got thrown out the window.

I think maybe he is so obsessed with his sister he simply cannot think straight and he goes into crazy mode around her.

megamerican

Has there been any word on why Daario was recast? Was he problematic on set, or was it just his performance? I liked the new guy on Treme, but he seems seriously miscast in this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom