• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that Jaime / Cersei scene. Nothing creepier than fucking your sister next to the corpse of your inbred child while mourning. Damn.

That Pod / Tyrion scene though. So much feels

oddjobs

Did Littlefinger always talk like that? His accent sounds really off in this new episode, dude reminds me of a fake pirate or something.

Madrin

Did Littlefinger always talk like that? His accent sounds really off in this new episode, dude reminds me of a fake pirate or something.

The actor is terrible at accents. He had a really awkward American accent in The Wire, and now I don't even know what accent he's trying to pull off in this show.

Zyzyxxz

Dam I feel like this was one of those episodes where a lot happens on multiple stories but little progress overall. Would rather them focus on fewer story lines per episode when I watch episodes like this.

Madrin

Yeah, but I'd started liking him... :(

Okay, yes, Jaime did rape his sister next to her recently deceased son's dead body, but he still...... um..... well......... you see, in times of war....... um........

Nah, I got nothing to defend him. He's just a piece of shit again. I was starting to like him too :(

oddjobs

The actor is terrible at accents. He had a really awkward American accent in The Wire, and now I don't even know what accent he's trying to pull off in this show.

Yeah I'm down with Carcetti! So far I don't think I've seen any other Wire alumni appear, hopefully we see Bunk or Lester as a tyrannical slaver or something down the line.

His accents aren't very good as was pointed out but it never previously started bothering me this much.

Ric Flair

Banned
Jaime was always a scumbag, I'm not entirely surprised that he would do something like that. I do agree however that the show was slowly building him into someone who probably wouldn't rape their sister simply out of lust. Seemed kinda out-of-character for him. I know he threw a boy out a window, but funeral rape, man....

Eyeh4wk

It still bothers me that Danny took the time to fill those barrels with collars just to make a statement. She is in no rush to claim her throne is she?

demolitio

Yeah I'm down with Carcetti! So far I don't think I've seen any other Wire alumni appear, hopefully we see Bunk or Lester as a tyrannical slaver or something down the line.

His accents aren't very good as was pointed out but it never previously started bothering me this much.

Same here. It was way too jarring this time, maybe because of his absence? We got used to others with good or REAL accents and haven't been exposed to LF for quite some time making us forget just how awkward he sounds.

Either way, glad he's back. I hate and respect him but I did call him being involved which I won't stop mentioning...bitches. :D

Eyeh4wk

Also I was expecting Jamie to fail at his advance being one armed and all, and thus deserving of some pity, but no such luck.

The old Daario had a douchey face but he stood out a little more. This new one looks like a younger version of Bronn. The lack of beard, boy band looks and Fabio hair at least gave the other guy some character, and made it more convincing that Dany would swoon over him.

Quick questions: The Hound and Arya are headed towards the Tullys right? Is this where Lord Balish is/should be?

Also, Mance, the redhead and their crew (including the creepy cannibals) crossed the wall, right? They are already on the other side of it? Shouldn't they have already passed that crazy old incest dude's house?

This show at times just feels like fucked up people doing fucked up things to each other.

I mean WTH Jaime I was actually starting to warm up to you. :/

The old Daario had a douchey face but he stood out a little more. This new one looks like a younger version of Bronn. The lack of beard, boy band looks and Fabio hair at least gave the other guy some character, and made it more convincing that Dany would swoon over him.

Quick questions: The Hound and Arya are headed towards the Tullys right? Is this where Lord Balish is/should be?

Also, Mance, the redhead and their crew (including the creepy cannibals) crossed the wall, right? They are already on the other side of it? Shouldn't they have already passed that crazy old incest dude's house?

I guess they are just an advance force and didn't bother going there

DarkKyo

Personally, I wasn't that offended by Jamie's actions. I mean it was pretty fucked up, but I guess it didn't change the way I see the character. It just reaffirms that he's at his worst when he's with his scumbag family and he's at his best when he's out in the world and exposed to true evil... like most people!

Edit: Also, on the Game of Thrones scale of morality, what he didn't wasn't that bad by comparison lol

devilhawk

Can we get a third thread? One for the book readers, one for the show only, and one for those that just want to whine about a recast?

Gobias

Banned
Wasn't Catelyn's uncle a Tully? I think he was called Blackfish. Is he even alive?

She was a Tully herself before she married Ned. And he was at the red wedding but he wan't shown being killed I think? I don't really remember.

Also, has Gendry been mentioned t all this season?

Cyan

Banned
She was a Tully herself before she married Ned. And he was at the red wedding but he wan't shown being killed I think? I don't really remember.
He went out for a piss or something right before everyone got killed. I think it was implied he survived.

Also, has Gendry been mentioned t all this season?
Yeah, the Mannis is pissed at Davos for setting him free. He was mentioned in this episode!

Dennis

Banned
Jorah: "Khaleesi, let me be your champion"

Dany: "Jorah, you are my best and oldest friend"

Jorah: ... (internal screaming)

mr2xxx

Banned
My GF hasn't caught up to the new season yet but Lol Joffrey's death just got spoiled for my GF in the worst way. We were watching Naked after Dark, a show which interviews naked survivor contestants and they somehow throw in a joke about Joffrey's death.

Roflobear

My GF hasn't caught up to the new season yet but Lol Joffrey's death just got spoiled for my GF in the worst way. We were watching Naked after Dark, a show which interviews naked survivor contestants and they somehow throw in a joke about Joffrey's death.

I'm still mad about the way I had the Red Wedding spoiled for me. I looked up Walder Frey on Google Images because I forgot what he looked like and came across this dumbass meme:

http://notexactlyhip.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/robbstark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom