• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
daenerys_YAII.jpg

And thank you for proving the point, which is that Daenerys fans are intolerable.

ETA:You're ignoring the fact that what she did in Astapor was disgusting and violent --no matter how morally justified. And she did it without any plan for the aftermath, it seems. And the fact that she has nothing to do with any of the other stories. And two out of three of the reasons you are allowing yourself to ignore these facts are things that I explicitly said to look past in order to see how horrible and useless of a character she is. I said that save for the actress's attractiveness and her dragons, the character sucks. Your response was "HEH DERR I'm pretty and I have dragons, so I don't suck."

And according to snippets I was shown of very old interviews with the author of the books,
she isn't even fireproof
. Spoilered because it's not information in the show, not spoilers in the "lets you know what's coming" sense. Not in my opinion anyway. But hey, different people define spoilers differently.
Sources: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/945/
http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

I doubt there are spoilers in the second one, since when it came out the third book wasn't published. Just to be safe, just ctrl+f and search for "immune."

Nameless

And thank you for proving the point, which is that Daenerys fans are intolerable.

That's why I posted it it!

And you know, I was kinda down on the "Mhysa" ending and parts of the whole abolitionist storyline until I rewatched S1 over Christmas. It's not about freeing slaves just to free them, it's about seeing the thing that cost her everything through to the end. The love of her life, her child destined for greatness, the very future of of the Targaryen line--making the decree that the Dothraki would stop taking slaves destroyed it all. Even if she claims the Iron Throne she'll have no blood heirs, everything dies with her. Bringing a culture of freedom to an entire region will presumably last generations. That will serve as her legacy instead. And when you consider she will never have children, the the freed mass embracing her as mother was quite beautiful and poetic.

Loke13

ETA:You're ignoring the fact that what she did in Astapor was disgusting and violent --no matter how morally justified. And she did it without any plan for the aftermath, it seems. And the fact that she has nothing to do with any of the other stories. And two out of three of the reasons you are allowing yourself to ignore these facts are things that I explicitly said to look past in order to see how horrible and useless of a character she is. I said that save for the actress's attractiveness and her dragons, the character sucks. Your response was "HEH DERR I'm pretty and I have dragons, so I don't suck."
Listen I understand you don't like the character but some people do you can literally come up with a similar argument for almost every character on this show why not just let her fans oh I don't know enjoy her character without raining hate down from above.

And whether you think she's useless is completely a subjective point it is heavily implied that she is integral to the main plot. She is in possession of 3 Dragons and oh look it just so happens to be that be that the White Walker's army is vulnerable to fire. Not to mention the White Walkers themselves are vulnerable to DRAGON glass which can be found in abundance at DRAGONstone which is an ancient Targaryen seat of power (from Histories&Lore DVD features).

1cmanny1

So instead of her coming back and kicking ass by taking the Iron Throne, she will team up with them and destroy the walkers? FML.

TCRS

Banned
Aren't they? Ignore that she doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the characters. Dragons and BOOOOOOOOOBS=best character. She's trash and until she actually has something to do with someone else, I will dread watching her scenes. Doesn't matter how big her dragons get, or how many times we see her nipples, or how many slave owners she has slaughtered like the insane inbred Targaryen she is. Seriously, she only saw the worst of the worst and decides she should kill EVERY SINGLE PERSON who owns a slave? I'm sure there were at least a couple of people in that city who didn't treat their slaves like dirt. No worse than the poor are treated in Westeros, at least. But she killed them all indiscriminately. No chance for repentance. No option to willingly turn away from owning slaves. Nope, I've seen the absolute worst of your society and now you all must die. And all of this with, it would seem so far, no way to take care of the people she's freeing and no system for the survival of their city (for the ones who are horrified by the way she freed them and don't think the sun shines out of her ass). I hope she either goes to Westeros or dies soon, so we can be rid of her sideshow I don't like or care about.

LET'S NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT her annoying, bratty, bullshit from season 2.

tumblr_n3feyv0kOA1r3i2gwo1_500.gif

tumblr_n3feyv0kOA1r3i2gwo2_500.gif

9BR

Neo Member
TOO MUCH GoT FOR MY BRAINCELLSSS. Finished my run of all 3 seasons yesterday, the timing couldn't have been more perfect to start watching the show.

Looking forward to see more of Arya personally. <3

Subitai

Let's do this first episode - even if again it goes way to fast and is over before anything satisfying happens.

I haven't read the books and only have watched the tv show so I apologise for not knowing the names too well. They have been showing the third series on TV in Australia at the moment and so I rewatched it.

There are only two people who I would like to see become king or leader of westeros - the baratheon guy and tyrion lannister.

I dislike dany but I would not be surprised if baratheon and her form an alliance.

I have seen and read on the internet that these dragons can get bloody big, so three dragons should be able to get dany to the throne pretty easy. It's almost unfair.

FootballFan

Re-posting from the GoT book thread in case anyone here is interested.

There's a Joffrey statue here in NZ(of all places lol).

I just went to check it out with my nephew who's also a huge fan, here's a pic I took:

King Joffrey:

It's huge!

I quite like that the only people in Westeros to take Dany seriously as a threat so far are Joffrey and his 'father' Robert. Both of whom otherwise have very questionable judgement

Mario007

I quite like that the only people in Westeros to take Dany seriously as a threat so far are Joffrey and his 'father' Robert. Both of whom otherwise have very questionable judgement

I think that conversation between Varys and Tyrion was spot on. If it's true that Dany has dragons and it's coming for the Iron Throne then really there is nothing that can save them.

So excited about this season. I wonder where it will lead to. Basically it seems we're finished with the North Rebellion plotline which was basically the theme of the past two seasons so I wonder where the story will take us next.

Triple U

Banned

I'd think there are quite a few people who rally behind her. As Robert said, people still very much thought of him as the usurper rather than their true king. Joffrey and Cersei certainly don't inspire any love for this line either . And then there's the dragons.

Does HBO GO stream the episodes the same time they're aired?
More or less - it should be up a few minutes after it starts airing. Keep in mind that there have been some problems with HBO Go in the past, so there's no telling if the servers will hold up. They crashed during the True Detective finale this year and people had trouble viewing the episode for a few hours.

A quick refresh on the spoiler rules for the thread before the premiere:
SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
I can’t stress enough that book readers should use the other thread. A couple bans are incoming, and undoubtedly there are more on the way later if people persist. Please use the other thread if you’ve read the books. Thank you.

Carbonox

Only just got in to this show last week. Bought the boxset containing all 3 seasons and I'm now up to date completely.

Absolutely incredible show and it's mad that I only just got in to it.

#TeamTargaryen
#TeamJaqen
#TeamArya

I still miss Khal Drogo though.

Smokey

This will be the first time I watch Thrones on TV. Previous 3 seasons have been from streaming/Blu-Ray

Dunno if I'll be able to take it :x

Dennis

Banned
A quick refresh on the spoiler rules for the thread before the premiere:I can’t stress enough that book readers should use the other thread. A couple bans are incoming, and undoubtedly there are more on the way later if people persist. Please use the other thread if you’ve read the books. Thank you.

Seems winter really is coming for some.

Qvoth

wait what?
8 more hours to new GoT?
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
i thought it's a few more weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom