• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

There are way too many good/great characters. We'd be better doing a list of character we hate:

- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis
- Stannis

You're so damn boring, die....
Yup. I don't get the love, it comes off as people trying to be unique by liking/favouriting this boring ass character. Maybe he's better in the books.

Monocle

The hype, I'm feeling it. I've read all the books and I still get all worked up about this show. I can't wait to see how it handles everything to come.

dis_gon_b_gud.gif

Nameless

Meh. I'm more an Old Gods person myself. Not into these newfangled deities.

The Old Gods are animistic, spirits represented by the trees and nature. Can't knock people for finding spiritual fulfillment in the natural world, but I haven't been convinced that the old god's were anything beyond the First Men trying to make sense of the world around them.

The Drowned God is similar in origin. Afterall, what would an ocean based people worship other than a sea god? It is more conventional, in that it evolved a clear ideology and standard of living from that basic worship of the sea. Clearly, though, most of the Drowned God faith is the Island Islander giving themselves religious justification for their muderous thieving lifestyle. No reason to think it's the real thing.

The Seven. Not to much to say. Standard mythological pantheon. Philosophy based. A way for 'superiorly cultured' people to explain the world and distinguish themselves from the primitive. But again, I've seen nothing to indicate they're actual gods with actual power.

The Lord of Light is real. Whether it's actually god or a demon or something else, the Red God has interacted with world and intervened on behalf of its followers on countless occasions, demonstrating an ability to sublimate death itself. Prophecy from its holy book has been fufilled. Peaks into the future come to pass. The Faceless Men offer lives to Red God and are blessed with the gift of shape shifting. The truth is starring you in the face friends; believe in R'hllor, He believes in you.

The Old Gods are animistic, spirits represented by the trees and nature. Can't knock people for finding spiritual fulfillment in the natural world, but I haven't been convinced that the old god's were anything beyond the First Men trying to make sense of the world around them.

The Drowned God is similar in origin. Afterall, what would an ocean based people worship other than a sea god? It is more conventional, in that it evolved a clear ideology and standard of living from that basic worship of the sea. Clearly, though, most of the Drowned God faith is the Island Islander giving themselves religious justification for their muderous thieving lifestyle. No reason to think it's the real thing.

The Seven. Not to much to say. Standard mythological pantheon. Philosophy based. A way for 'superiorly cultured' people to explain the world and distinguish themselves from the primitive. But again, I've seen nothing to indicate they're actual gods with actual power.

The Lord of Light is real. Whether it's actually god or a demon or something else, the Red God has interacted with world and intervened on behalf of its followers on countless occasions, demonstrating an ability to sublimate death itself. Prophecy from its holy book has been fufilled. Peaks into the future come to pass. The Faceless Men offer lives to Red God and are blessed with the gift of shape shifting. The truth is starring you in the face friends; believe in R'hllor, He believes in you.

Actually Hagar didn't say he worshipped the red god in the show, he said Arya saved him from the red god (ie burning to death) and thus he believed he must pay it tribute for the three lives stolen from it.

Nameless

Actually Hagar didn't say he worshipped the red god in the show, he said Arya saved him from the red god (ie burning to death) and thus he believed he must pay it tribute for the three lives stolen from it.

Hmmm.. I didn't take it like that. She saved him and his two companions from certain death, and he offers her the three assasinations to balance that debt to the Red God. After helping her escape Jaqen tells says she can join him and learn the skills needed to offer her names to the Red God.

Epix

Having a Game of Thrones party in my theater tomorrow night. Someone's bringing these....
cake pops

d2baad43feea3029e33d5a147715bb26.jpg

I don't read much about GoT because of the book readers.. So did they say this anywhere? For what reason? Why do it all the time and suddenly stop?

Lead actress who can't be replaced decides she wants no nudity in new contract. Nothing to do with the books I don't think, she just has the power here.

Nameless

Can someone remind me of who that guy was that captured Theon and ate his penis...

Roose Bolton's bastard son Ramsay. Roose tells Robb his bastard will retake Winterfell from Theon, which he does, only he sacks and burns it before leaving as part of House Bolton's betrayal of the Starks.

As mentioned Ramsay was just taunting Theon with a sausage. He sends his actual cock to his father Balon, demanding the Greyjoy forces surrender the northern territories they've captured.

Daenerys fanboys are unbearable.

Aren't they? Ignore that she doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the characters. Dragons and BOOOOOOOOOBS=best character. She's trash and until she actually has something to do with someone else, I will dread watching her scenes. Doesn't matter how big her dragons get, or how many times we see her nipples, or how many slave owners she has slaughtered like the insane inbred Targaryen she is. Seriously, she only saw the worst of the worst and decides she should kill EVERY SINGLE PERSON who owns a slave? I'm sure there were at least a couple of people in that city who didn't treat their slaves like dirt. No worse than the poor are treated in Westeros, at least. But she killed them all indiscriminately. No chance for repentance. No option to willingly turn away from owning slaves. Nope, I've seen the absolute worst of your society and now you all must die. And all of this with, it would seem so far, no way to take care of the people she's freeing and no system for the survival of their city (for the ones who are horrified by the way she freed them and don't think the sun shines out of her ass). I hope she either goes to Westeros or dies soon, so we can be rid of her sideshow I don't like or care about.

LET'S NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT her annoying, bratty, bullshit from season 2.

Dennis

Banned
Aren't they? Ignore that she doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the characters. Dragons and BOOOOOOOOOBS=best character. She's trash and until she actually has something to do with someone else, I will dread watching her scenes. Doesn't matter how big her dragons get, or how many times we see her nipples, or how many slave owners she has slaughtered like the insane inbred Targaryen she is. Seriously, she only saw the worst of the worst and decides she should kill EVERY SINGLE PERSON who owns a slave? I'm sure there were at least a couple of people in that city who didn't treat their slaves like dirt. No worse than the poor are treated in Westeros, at least. But she killed them all indiscriminately. No chance for repentance. No option to willingly turn away from owning slaves. Nope, I've seen the absolute worst of your society and now you all must die. And all of this with, it would seem so far, no way to take care of the people she's freeing and no system for the survival of their city (for the ones who are horrified by the way she freed them and don't think the sun shines out of her ass). I hope she either goes to Westeros or dies soon, so we can be rid of her sideshow I don't like or care about.

Loke13

Um wow.

Gigarator

I think this is a serious post, but I can't be sure based on your username. I'm all kinds of confused.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Roose Bolton's bastard son Ramsay. Roose tells Robb his bastard will retake Winterfell from Theon, which he does, only he sacks and burns it before leaving as part of House Bolton's betrayal of the Starks.

As mentioned Ramsay was just taunting Theon with a sausage. He sends his actual cock to his father Balon, demanding the Greyjoy forces surrender the northern territories they've captured.
for all this time i thought greyjoy and walder frey were the same character haha is greyjoy a powerful man in terms of his army? i can only remember 1 scene of him when theon asks him for the boats

I think this is a serious post, but I can't be sure based on your username. I'm all kinds of confused.

My username is a random thing and it's meant to poke fun at people who thought her name was kelly c. I thought it sounded like a pretty bad band some 14 year olds might make. So yes, that was a serious post. Not a fan of her. Look past her possession of dragons and the actress's attractiveness and you will see I speak the truth.

MMaRsu

My username is a random thing and its meant to poke fun at people who thought her name was kelly c. I thought it sounded like a pretty bad band some 14 year olds might make. So yes, that was a serious post. Not a fan of her. Look past her possession of dragons and the actresses attractiveness and you will see I speak the truth.

lol she is the best character

Cyan

Banned

how dare you

Indignate

Was Bolton already on the track to betray the Starks?

I always assumed Ramsay did it cuz of his sadistic psychopathic nature. I haven't read the books, but the little research I have done suggest it's even vague there.

UglyPony

I set myself to rewatch all previous episodes before the first season 4 episode, im at season 1 ep 2. I beter get to it then.

Nameless

daenerys_YAII.jpg

demolitio

I keep tuning into the GoT marathon on HBO2 but I'm having a hard time watching certain episodes after all that has happened. I don't know how book readers managed but then again, they've healed by now whereas I'm still grieving.

Amazing show, but damn if it's not hard to re-watch for me. Oh well, back to playing the GoT mod for Mount and Blade. I'm making sure the North wins in my game. :D

Nameless

for all this time i thought greyjoy and walder frey were the same character haha is greyjoy a powerful man in terms of his army? i can only remember 1 scene of him when theon asks him for the boats

Reasonably strong. Not as strong as they were before Balon rebelled against King Robert and failed, but they still have one of the most formidable fleets in the Seven Kingdoms, which is why Robb allows Theon to go negotiate for his father's support.

Was Bolton already on the track to betray the Starks?

I always assumed Ramsay did it cuz of his sadistic psychopathic nature. I haven't read the books, but the little research I have done suggest it's even vague there.

Roose was in the know when Walder asks up what really happened in Winterfell. Remember Roose married one of Frey's daughters around the time Robb was supposed to do the same. If I had to guess I'd say Roose began working against the Starks after Robb broke his promise to Walder and married Talisa.

The Greyjoy strength is in their ships. They have a large fleet and they are raised as sailors.

Currently a lot of the Greyjoy forces are spread across the Northern lands though, holding some of the castles.
HBO Go doesn't have live viewing, right?
It always goes up after the episode airs?
You can watch live-ish. The episodes go up as soon as they start airing on the east coast, but sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to show up.

It's also worth noting that they have had a few outage issues, the most recent one being during the season finale of True Detective. I don't think there was any widespread issues during any season 3 episodes of GoT that I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom