• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

I think this season is just one big filler, they're probably waiting for the 6th book to come out so they keep things very slow.
Too bad, I was really looking forward for this season. 6 episodes had gone by and it feels like nothing happend.

For the past two seasons it's been filler. Each episode they take babysteps in each arc and then shit gets catapulted forward in the last two episodes.

KooopaKid

Banned
I hope they hang her and kill Tommen, what a useless king. The Tyrells should rule until Stannis reaches King's Landing.

Why the hell would she do that?

Because Sansa married the family that killed her mother and brother and from an outside view, it could look like she's "working" with them.

Venture

And yeah I agree. Once Olenna spills the beans about Cersei's incest, the Faith people will execute Cersei and all her children as well.
As others have pointed out before the Faith Militant (love that name) probably already know about Cersei through Lancel. She may have made some kind of immunity deal in exchange for empowering them.

Not that they still couldn't turn on her of course.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Was there even anything Tommen could even do when they took his wife away? He stayed silent looking confused, but if he had even objected, would it have even helped?

Who

Banned
Was there even anything Tommen could even do when they took his wife away? He stayed silent looking confused, but if he had even objected, would it have even helped?

Do you think Robert Baratheon could of done nothing? He could of put his foot down but Tommen fucking lacks balls

Vashetti

Banned

He could have had his Kingsguard cut them all down. If he wanted he could send the Kingsguard, City Watch and Lannister armies into the Sept and take out the Faith Militant.

But... weak.

Linkhero1

Honestly not enjoying the season that much so far. Still 4 episodes left, so my opinion could change when it is all said and done. Also, what happened at the end there to Sansa made me feel really uncomfortable watching it (even if we only heard it). Just my 2 cents.

I feel like the Dorne parts with Jaime are very under par in a number of ways.

Pretty much my stance thus far. It feels like there's been minimal progression in the 6 episodes.

Ogni-XR21

Imagine if G.R.R. Martin would have had his way and this would have streched over several seasons instead of just one.

I'm fine with the pacing, but it really shouldn't be any slower.

Asami208

Banned
Do you think Robert Baratheon could of done nothing? He could of put his foot down but Tommen fucking lacks balls

Which is ironic because you'd think getting to bang Natalie Dormer on a fairly regular basis would have caused them to drop by now. Especially when faced with the prospect of NOT getting to do that (and her) anymore.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Which is ironic because you'd think getting to bang Natalie Dormer on a fairly regular basis would have caused them to drop by now. Especially when faced with the prospect of NOT getting to do that (and her) anymore.
Seriously. I know I sure as hell wouldn't let someone take away my wife if she looked like that.

Braag

Yeah the sand snakes fight scene was awful. It's easily the low point of fighting choreography in GoT so far and the entire scene just looked like a clusterfuck.

Karl2177

isn't stannis the mannis supposed to be the most gifted military commander in all of westeros? he has to crush shit, especially since he'll be taking melisandre along this time instead of just davos like he did at blackwater
Well Barristan was supposed to be the best fighter, but a bunch of street thugs took him down so it's all w/e at this point.

Ohhh I might get what LF is trying to do. Was he actually provoking Cersei to cut ties with Tyrells without actually saying it by promising support from the Vale? If Tyrells break up with the Lannisters the closest ally Cersei has at that point are the Boltons and I doubt Roose would go out of his way to war in the south again especially with Mannis on the loose. If Tyrells get pissed King's Landing might be pretty screwd especially when the current king has installed the Faith in the city and ain't nobody got time for dat. LF is in pretty good position considering the Vale didn't suffer any losses in the war and Dorne probably would jump at the opporturnity to strike at wounded Lannisters without allies.

Episode 9 ending will be Mace sitting on the iron throne with Petyr as his hand confirmed.

RangerX

Banned
I thought this was a great episode. Littlefinger is really stepping up his game. Its great to see how meticulous and well thought out his plans are. I like the chemistry between tyriion and Jorah, him fighting in the slave pits should be cool. The scene with Sansa was pretty bad but that was the point. It was more about breaking Reek even further than he already is. Anyway if your watching this show for happy endings then you should really just switch off. There have been far worse scenes than that in the show anyway. The red wedding was far more disturbing.

Ithil

d in quality to a tremendous extent. The Queen's brother is on trial and it looks like it takes place in pantry somewhere, for fuck's sake.

That was not a trial, it was a hearing. The High Sparrow literally said it was to determine whether the case needed to have a full trial or not.

Kaiken

Banned
Ohhh I might get what LF is trying to do. Was he actually provoking Cersei to cut ties with Tyrells without actually saying it by promising support from the Vale? If Tyrells break up with the Lannisters the closest ally Cersei has at that point are the Boltons and I doubt Roose would go out of his way to war in the south again especially with Mannis on the loose. If Tyrells get pissed King's Landing might be pretty screwd especially when the current king has installed the Faith in the city and ain't nobody got time for dat. LF is in pretty good position considering the Vale didn't suffer any losses in the war and Dorne probably would jump at the opporturnity to strike at wounded Lannisters without allies.

Episode 9 ending will be Mace sitting on the iron throne with Petyr as his hand confirmed.

LF has no idea about Snow and the Wildlings. I'm have a feeling Snow will return the favor and save Stannis at the end of this war.

brau

I thought this was a great episode. Littlefinger is really stepping up his game. Its great to see how meticulous and well thought out his plans are. I like the chemistry between tyriion and Jorah, him fighting in the slave pits should be cool. The scene with Sansa was pretty bad but that was the point. It was more about breaking Reek even further than he already is. Anyway if your watching this show for happy endings then you should really just switch off. There have been far worse scenes than that in the show anyway. The red wedding was far more disturbing.

The most promising lead is Cersei against Olenna sounds like a tough one. Who knows who will win, but i am looking forward to it. I hate Cersei.

Also, that ending... poor Sanza... but i kinda dislike her. I was rooting for Theon to do something. Well.. i guess she is no longer a virgin. so kudos to her.

mxgt

Banned
Alfie's acting at the end was so fucking good.

Sand Snakes pls go already, they're awful. At least Bronn's one liners made that segment somewhat worth watching.

Alfie's acting at the end was so fucking good.

Sand Snakes pls go already, they're awful. At least Bronn's one liners made that segment somewhat worth watching.

Those scenes were so bad. The snakes fought like ass and the knights were captured but didn't seem to be too worried about it. Zero tension.

They are really building up to a lot of potentially awesome moments in the near-future. We've got:

Stannis vs Boltons
Cersei vs Olenna, w/ crazy zealots
Fighting pits
Hardhome (wildlings vs wildlings?)
Tyrion meets Daenerys
Theon finally cracking
Arya becoming faceless + Meryn in Braavos
And going off the preview for episode 7:
winter finally begins

And surely Doran has to be planning something? If all this happens in the next 4 episodes it should be a good turn-around for the slowest season yet.

dmshaposv

Cersei's end is going to be at the hands of the Faith Militant when they take her to task over her relationship with Jaime. Then her son, whom she's groomed to do nothing but allow this shit to happen will do nothing and allow that shit to happen.

That's how i see it.

Olenna is not to be underestimated.I think she ll bring out the news of the incestous relationship, and then the tables will turn as the sparrows apprehend cersei.

aku:jiki

I was more annoyed by Cersei's smug faces this episode than ever. Can she even back these plays up with anything? Fucking with the Tyrells does not seem like a wise move.

God damn he's such a good actor
The worst part for him is that no matter how good of a job he does, he'll still never live down that song by his sister.

Jobbs

Banned
3664402-138689442368.gif

Why does the guy with the gun fall down o his own?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just cannot see Cersei meeting her end any time soon. Hopefully shit hits the fan with her though, and Tommen dies. Hopefully by Margaery's hand. :)

Is she just hoping that Franken-Mountain gets her out of all this shit? I don't get it.

Vashetti

Banned
I just cannot see Cersei meeting her end any time soon. Hopefully shit hits the fan with her though, and Tommen dies. Hopefully by Margaery's hand. :)

Is she just hoping that Franken-Mountain gets her out of all this shit? I don't get it.

Cersei has to live to see all her children die first, to fulfil the prophecy.

I watch dumbfounded, they were trained by their father?

I love the stutter step as the one on the right attempts to make an attack. Or how she is holding it like Jason with zero strength and is completely open to an attack, or how the left hand does absolutely nothing.

And I love how the middle one stumbles back after she does her little twirl and misses with her swing.

So amazingly bad.

effzee

Meh while the scene was bad, taking 2-3 seconds gifs is horrible.

Of course all of it looks bad or worse when you slow it down and over analyze.

I love the stutter step as the one on the right attempts to make an attack. Or how she is holding it like Jason with zero strength and is completely open to an attack, or how the left hand does absolutely nothing.

And I love how the middle one stumbles back after she does her little twirl and misses with her swing.

So amazingly bad.

The one on the right looks ridiculous no matter how you look at it, looks like a clueless child.

But, you've got the other one wrong. She had Bronn wrapped up by her whip, that was him breaking free and the reason why both of them spin around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom