• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

badb0y

The religious people have gained power because the King is a pussy...he should have never backed down the first time they questioned his authority. Weak command means there's nothing the soldiers can do and there isn't anyone that could guide the boy either.

The religious people have gained power because the King is a pussy...he should have never backed down the first time they questioned his authority. Weak command means there's nothing the soldiers can do and there isn't anyone that could guide the boy either.

Not to mention King's landing seems like a complete shithole now. With all the Smart lannister's gone everything has fallen apart even more and the city is probably in shamples.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Who's to say the 'cure' wasn't just water...

Well he was able to breathe after drinking it and wasn't dying anymore. Honestly, I just think that sand snake girl was more thirsty than blood thirsty by this point. If anything Bronn's life is still in danger because she's got them crazy eyes.

Best episode this season so far. Great tits also. Beatiful body. Also I saw Dany's nipple if I am not mistaken.

AND.

The Sand Snakes are like Shaes personality split into three women.

Druckmann approves, writers & actors are not fired.

druckmannlprrk.png

C4Lukins

Which goes along with Daenrys, and her discussion with dude. If you are not a butcher, then you are meat. I really think that people do not give this show enough credit for its writing. Not that this a specific intelligent thought, but they related it to the story directly in a single episode. There is a lot of stupid shit happening, but the writers are still doing an excellent job of keeping it all together.

Weird seeing Olena get bested in verbiage, but neat all the same. I'm sure she'll still come out on top, especially now with Cersei in the clink.

Scared for my fav Ramsay. He's more a monster every episode yet always entertaining. Sansa bores me, so I have yet to care what happens to her.

They have power now because Daddy lion is gone so the fanatics moved in and started doing shit. Cersei pulled a coup cause she thought this to be her big chance to play ball and gave the fanatics power and took over the table so that they could do her dirty work in her short sighted plans. Tommen, being a bitch baby, hasn't stumped them out yet because Cersei's been controlling him.

I'm sure he can crash this team of rag wearing barefooted starving sheep with ease ... but he's bitch made and doesn't know how to lead. Lets his mother spin w/e she wants.

Gonna be interesting seeing what he does now ...

Rur0ni

Best episode this season so far. Great tits also. Beatiful body. Also I saw Dany's nippel if I am not mistaken.

AND.

The Sand Snakes are like Shaes personality split into three women.

Druckmann approves, writers & actors are not fired.

druckmannlprrk.png
Yeah, I think there was just a touch of it. Honestly this no-nude thing is distracting because the cover up is so obvious, throws me into network sitcom for a minute.

Game4life

Banned
Has anyone else noticed a steep decline in the quality of this show? Almost everything about this season sucks.. And don't get me started on how ridiculous this faith militant thing is. In a show where most aspects of the plot are slow beyond description, these faith militant people are locking up queens over night.

And this whole thing in Dorne with Sand Snakes has been pretty dumb. Yeah, she has breasts, okay, that's nice, I guess, but I can get that anywhere... The show kinda sucks..

Honestly does no one else feel the bolded is a problem? It is so freaking ridiculous and unbelievable. The worst part is these faith guys come completely out of the blue this season with no hints as to what they were doing for so long. It is absolutely piss poor story telling.

jediyoshi

Honestly does no one else feel the bolded is a problem? It is so freaking ridiculous and unbelievable. The worst part is these faith guys come completely out of the blue this season with no hints as to what they were doing for so long. It is absolutely piss poor story telling.

Depends exactly what the point being made is, there's a distinction between it's believability and introduction as a plot device in the narrative sense. The later has been jarring, but the former? People should be more surprised religious societal upheavals didn't happen way sooner, it's more unbelievable we've gone four entire seasons without it.

Kickz

They better have that war between Stannis and Boltons happen before the last damn episode or I am going to seriously be pissed..

Jobbs

Banned
This is far and away the weakest season of the show.

It's horrible. I keep saying it. It's a joke. I have enjoyed the show, generally, from the first season -- But wow, this shit is just bad.

After the episode ended, I figured Neogaf would probably be hyperventilating because 1) we saw some nice breasts and 2) cercei got thrown in jail, and I wasn't wrong. I'm too old and grizzled to be swayed by just a pair of breasts, though. The show is sucking ass.

Overdoziz

Banned
What if Aemon Targaryen didn't burn because he's a true dragon and he'll wake up as a White Walker and kill everybody. The true King.

SURGEdude

I know. I want them to continue doing so.

While he does not deserve the shit that has happened to him, he also is undeserving of redemption.

I want neither Reek, not Brienne to play a role in Sansa's rescue.

She needs to do it herself.

I must have missed a previous episode that mentioned it, but why is Brienne waiting for a candle in the window when she knows full well who is in Winterfell and what's likely occurring?

Not too impressed with the season so far, with so many characters either dead or scattered across the entire world there's too little interesting conflict going on.

Cipherr

Great episode. Are people really that impressed by the topless chick? Was one of the weakest moments of the episode story wise brehs.

Shits about to get real. I hope Cersei dies man.

Game4life

Banned
Depends exactly what the point being made is, there's a distinction between it's believability and introduction as a plot device in the narrative sense. The later has been jarring, but the former? People should be more surprised religious societal upheavals didn't happen way sooner, it's more unbelievable we've gone four entire seasons without it.

No my issue is with the latter. I have no problem with religious fanatics becoming powerful. I just feel it was introduced randomly without any foreshadowing and this group is now within a span of a few episodes arresting the queen mother. The storyline was not constructed well at all.

SURGEdude

She met Sansa and Littlefinger before and Sansa sent her away.

I get that. But what is she waiting for? Did she tell Sansa to light a candle to signal her if she changed her mind? Guess I'm just not getting where they decided on that somewhat random signal. Like I said I'm sure I just missed it.

borborygmus

Maybe because I'm gay and impervious to the power of boobs, but I thought this episode left the sand snakes plotline in a even worse position than before.

Like, NONE of their motives make sense at this point.

She got Bronn aroused to get his heart pumping, which would diffuse the poison faster. She even kept asking "how's your arm now? How about now?" She was trolling Bronn.

At first I thought that the scene also revealed that they might not be such terrible people, since they have no reason for really wanting Bronn dead and so gave him the antidote... But this conflicts with their initial reveal, where they straight up torture and murder their informant just because he had the gall to ask for payment. So I guess that sand snake has the hots for Bronn.

As for this episode overall, I have mixed feelings. Prior to this episode, the show kept "saving up" outcomes for later, so we had 6 episodes of essentially just filler and setups that had yet to go anywhere. Some things actually went somewhere this episode, so that's good. But the season as a whole is irreparable I think, they just delayed the outcomes of all the interesting events for way too long.

Jamie might as well kick it in Dorne; there's not going to be any Lannisters left alive in King's Landing thanks to Cersei and her petty spitefulness.

TeddyBoy

Really good episode.

It was action packed from start to finish and it was good to see some of the build up from previous episodes pay off.

Bronn living was a nice surprise, I really expected him to die :)

Aemon dying was depressing but he's been sick this entire season so it was expected.

Tyrion seeing Daenarys was great and the fight seen between Jorah and the slaves was really well done (it was a nice touch him knocking them all out rather than killing them).

Not gonna lie I thought this fucking show will pull the rug underneath us for the 100000th time by having that Sand who just showed us her 10/10 tatas strip even further and whip out her dick in front of Bronn. When Bron got okay and there was no penis shown from either camps I was like
whew.png

Loakum

Banned
Man, what an great episode! So much awesomeness packed in one hour! Here are my favorite moments:

• Sansa's clevage shot was downright GLORIOUS!!!
  • That one Sand Snake is Hot as fuck! (She may have the best boobs in the 7 Kingdoms of Westeros)
  • Bronn Lives!!! I was sure he was a goner!
  • Bronn has an real nice singing voice!
  • Ramsey is such an sick sadistic bastard! I like his character!
  • Mr. Friendzone (Jorah) reunited with Daenerys (her repeated clothed bed scenes are beginning to annoy me)
  • Queen Margery fully expressing herself to Cersei
  • Sam finally end his streak of being a virgin.
  • It was so emotional seeing Aemon die...his last words got to me emotionally....I cried.
  • Cersei learns how starting an GoT version of Isis was an bad idea.

oti

Banned
I hate that Religious fanatics group. They slow everything down and I can't help but thinking they'll be gone in a few episodes and never be spoken of again.

Taramoor

Really good episode.

It was action packed from start to finish and it was good to see some of the build up from previous episodes pay off.

Bronn living was a nice surprise, I really expected him to die :)

I get the feeling Bronn's going to have to take that antidote more than once, and that he's going to have to work a lot harder for it in future.

TeddyBoy

I get the feeling Bronn's going to have to take that antidote more than once, and that he's going to have to work a lot harder for it in future.

That would be an interesting twist.

Carrying a small death preventing dose with you but requiring the full cure later would make sense as way to prevent your own death if you stab yourself and a handy way of getting someone else to help you.

No, not really. History has thousands of precedents of this. A power vacuum being filled by a sect, quickly and fiercly establishing their authority.
Locking up the Queen and Queen Mother is a powerful demonstration of their power.
Remember, Power is always a cultural construct, and with no one to oppose them, and ancient texts on their side to justify their authority, it's now or never.

Honestly, it's quite inconsequential that this sect wasn't hinted at in particular, since the show has always made it quite clear that there are religious fanatics (prior only shown through Melissandre) so when one like this is introduced I feel it's not the show runners fault if people feel lost.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why doesn't Cercei bring Lannister soldiers along with her anymore anyway?

shes the queen and she thought that those fanatics were her lapdogs
her arrogance got the better of her

whats ridiculous is the fact tommen cant just pass a law removing that group of their powers and getting everyone back

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yup. Have a gun in act 1, it'll go off in act 3.

Yeah, she's absolutely going to kill Ramsay. Which, thank the fucking old gods!

Or, she is going to fail and Ramsay will enjoy seeing her wife having killing intents, because Ramsay.

shes the queen and she thought that those fanatics were her lapdogs
her arrogance got the better of her

whats ridiculous is the fact tommen cant just pass a law removing that group of their powers and getting everyone back

For that to happen, he would first need to grow a pair, which I don't see him doing.

Blue Lou

Cersei can't die until Tommem and Myrcella are both dead. The flash back with the witch at the beginning of the season told us that.

I don't think Tommen has power over the sept or else Margaery and Cersei would have had nearly the same power, and wouldn't have been locked up. It seems like there's some sort of constitution that gives the sept superseding rule.

I don't think Tommen has power over the sept or else Margaery and Cersei would have had nearly the same power, and wouldn't have been locked up. It seems like there's some sort of constitution that gives the sept superseding rule.

It's not just that, they have turned the common people against Tommen. The people know he is a bastard so any move to remove them from power would probably cause an uprising.

With Cersei in jail and Jaime across the sea no one is left to protect Tommen, I don't think he is long for this world.

Loakum

Banned
It's horrible. I keep saying it. It's a joke. I have enjoyed the show, generally, from the first season -- But wow, this shit is just bad.

After the episode ended, I figured Neogaf would probably be hyperventilating because 1) we saw some nice breasts and 2) cercei got thrown in jail, and I wasn't wrong. I'm too old and grizzled to be swayed by just a pair of breasts, though. The show is sucking ass.

Wow..get over yourself! Ok, you have an opinion of the show's season..that's fine, but to say the main reason why we liked this episode/season is because of a pair of breasts (a mighty glorious pair of breasts, I might add). You comes off as being too full of yourself. We're all immature if we don't agree with your assessment of this season? Is that it? Shit post is shitty.

Cersei can't die until Tommem and Myrcella are both dead. The flash back with the witch at the beginning of the season told us that.

seeing Tommen die will please me greatly. I hope her prophecy proves true!

borborygmus

What the show is going through is called the long kiss goodbye. (fakespoiler)
I doubt there is an antidote.

Regarding Cersei: I'm entertaining the idea that she might finally take a long hard look in the mirror after she loses everything, and becomes a broken shell of a person, not too unlike Theon. Killing her off would be playing it straight and predictable. Sadly, I think she'll just die though.

Hyperbole much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom