• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this stannis red witch thing a mile away. I thought he would do it until that scene with his daughter the other night.

It almost makes me feel like he can't succeed. I'm not sure the writers would have the eventual king be a child killer, and he's not foreseen to win without great sacrifice per her words.

So either he sacrifices his daughter and the God of
Fire is a fraud or he doesn't and gets wrecked by the boltons for not listening to his right hand man when he should have.

I hope Stannis amounts to more than just the guy who saved Jon that one time. Jon bores me and I don't think he deserves any rank higher than he currently has.

Not sure if this has posted yet but the episode titles for the last two episodes have been announced:

Episode 9:
The Dance of Dragons
Episode 10:
Winter

Curufinwe

Dat High Sparrow death stare.
4334e9075fd74e9ace6e066f1c55f41b.jpg

I hope Stannis amounts to more than just the guy who saved Jon that one time. Jon bores me and I don't think he deserves any rank higher than he currently has.
Whats's weird is Stannis is the only King that knows and wants to defeat the white walkers. I thought he went north to help fight off winter but now he is attacking the Boltons for political gain again and risking it all.

Not sure if this has posted yet but the episode titles for the last two episodes have been announced:

Episode 9:
The Dance of Dragons
Episode 10:
Winter

90U6Oi4.gif

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It was so fucking satisfying to see Cersei's plan backfire in the worst possible way.
#TywinWasRight

I want Davos to finally say "fuck this" and go to KellC. Think about it. Varys, Tyrion, Davos as advisers? Dream team right there.

Oh yes. What an A-Team. Tyrion, the bitter wisecracking cynic. Varys, the enigmatic man whose loyalties are more mysterious than Littlefinger and Davos with the street smarts.

I'm calling it now. Twist will be the mother who seems to hate her is really cold and trying to leave her behind to avoid her getting sacrificed. She knows what's about to happen and loves her daughter even though it seems otherwise.

Well at least that's what I wish would happen. Of all the horrible stuff we've seen, as a new father, I wouldn't be able to watch a child getting sacrificed. :(

I could see Melisandre plotting with her behind Stannis's back for the sacrifice :(.

One of the best things about the Cersei and the High Sparrow scene is Cerei's darting eyes to left when she's hears the crack of the door opening. She doesn't turn her head. It's all in the eyes conveying her attention.

Had to rewatch it again to confirm it, but should have posted this on Sunday night anyway.

Whats's weird is Stannis is the only King that knows and wants to defeat the white walkers. I thought he went north to help fight off winter but now he is attacking the Boltons for political gain again and risking it all.

Well it's like he said, if they get stuck at the Wall they've lost. Castle Black doesn't have the resources to look after them indefinitely. It's better to take the risk in attacking Winterfell than slowly fade into nothing.

He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. No point in fighting winter if there's no kingdom left for him to return to afterward.

I mean, yes, I agree that he shouldn't fight the Boltons, but that's mostly because I enjoy the Boltons.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm calling it now. Twist will be the mother who seems to hate her is really cold and trying to leave her behind to avoid her getting sacrificed. She knows what's about to happen and loves her daughter even though it seems otherwise.

Well at least that's what I wish would happen. Of all the horrible stuff we've seen, as a new father, I wouldn't be able to watch a child getting sacrificed. :(

No way, she's gonna be the one to sacrifice her. Stannis will be pissed as fuck and either have Davos kill her or do it himself.

effzee

Well let's be real, he has a right to be pissed and ready to go to war in this situation.

I'd go to war for her!

No way, she's gonna be the one to sacrifice her. Stannis will be pissed as fuck and either have Davos kill her or do it himself.

It would be a nice twist. This whole time she keeps her hidden and out of he way so she can't be used. She probably suspects what the red witch wants to do with her daughter.

Would be a nice touch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It would be a nice twist. This whole time she keeps her hidden and out of he way so she can't be used. She probably suspects what the red witch wants to do with her daughter.

Would be a nice touch.

I'm saying the mom is gonna sacrifice her. Stannis really seems to love her too much to do it and the mom really seems to resent her for not being a boy and for having the disease. I think as much as Stannis wants the throne, he loves her more. Davos wouldn't follow him with such blind loyalty otherwise.

I'm saying the mom is gonna sacrifice her. Stannis really seems to love her too much to do it and the mom really seems to resent her for not being a boy and for having the disease. I think as much as Stannis wants the throne, he loves her more. Davos wouldn't follow him with such blind loyalty otherwise.

Does it work if it's not stannis that gives her up?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The entire religious mania plotline is weird considering the power the crown holds through both military and the gold cloaks, and the assumed intolerance for insubordination, punishable by death if need be. Especially now that Cersei is locked up tight. Just give the order to cleanse the city of nutbags.

Redhood

Its quite obvious what is gonna happen at winterfell! Stannis is not gonna kill Shireen but in his last desperate act of not losing the war he sacrifices himself to the red witch and she wrecks havoc on Boltons. Shireen is crowned the new Wardeness of North. It is quite obvious that GoT is always about the next generation of Kids and I don't see them finishing off the Stag line.

Better episode than the last one for sure. I really dont get why so many think Stannis will sacrifice his daughter. The way they build this relationship between them shows that this isnt going to happen. I bet my money on that Stannis will die regardless and Melissandre will survive. At the battle Roose will likely die too but Reek will do something "unexpected" in the end. What has become predictable for this show is that the old "rulers" or warriors are dying and the newer generation are more likely to survive for plot reasons.

kingkitty

Once Stannis follows the fire woman's advice, understanding that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, the Boltons are DONE. Ramsay will be skinned and burned alive. Roose will be skinned and burned alive. All traitors of the North will be skinned and burned alive.

Then they march towards the capital and it's game over. DONE. Sure...at this point Cersei will probably be dead due to her own stupidity, but whatever. Those crazy cultists will be skinned and burned alive. Also Margaery and Tommen if they're still alive at this point. Sorry, it's nothing personal. All loose ends must be tied.

One example of a loose end, Daenerys. Once Stannis has united the land, (wildlings too, I guess), she is DONE. The supposed "Mother of Dragons" is an idiot who can't control her dragons. And drunkard Tyrion, and stone skinned Fedorah Jorah will matter little.

Stannis is strong. Stannis is fire. Stannis is the One True King. I'm not even gonna mention the white walkers, it's game over for them. Stannis likes fire. White walkers don't. GG.

Tommen should have acted already when they were in that interrogation room.

I know, I know, he's just a child and wasn't trained to be a leader either but he really screwed up.

Artanisix

tommen isn't a worthless dumbass right? like his girlfriend and his mom are locked up, surely he's gonna do something

right

tommen please
DansGame.png

overcast

Caught up from episode 5-7 tonight.

This recent episode was a rebound from the atrocious 6th episode. Pretty decent one. Couldn't stand how they handled the Dorne aspect of episode 6, everything happened quickly and with virtually no development with anything on the screen. I even felt like the High Sparrow was given power too quickly in episode 6. Both of my complaints were slightly addressed in 7.

tommen isn't a worthless dumbass right? like his girlfriend and his mom are locked up, surely he's gonna do something

right

tommen please
DansGame.png
I don't care how much of a spineless punk you are, no one could stand down while your wife and mother have been kidnapped.

The Joff would've went full Mad King Aerys on these fools

Please no more Danaerys bed scenes. They suck. Seriously, I respect the decision of Emilia Clarke to not be nude anymore, but it looks just stupid with the blanket when anyone else in game of thrones doesn't seem to give a fuck about nudity.

So, it's been a long weekend and I just got around to seeing the episode about an hour ago.

I see they trotted out Sansa to shit on her some more. I'm glad they didn't break tradition.

Good to see Cersei taken down a peg or six. I'm pretty sure she's invincible though, so I doubt very seriously she's going to get anything close to what she deserves. How I despise her.

...Which means she's doing her job as a proper villain.

I don't think Stannis is going to sacrifice his daughter. I think his wife is going to go behind his back and do it.

I will withhold commentary on the prison scene.

Dany and Jorah... Ugh. I get why she's mad, but she wouldn't have been there if it weren't for him. He propped her up the whole time. Circumstances change, and as Queen, she should know better. Of course, we've been talking about how shit she is at ruling for the past year now, so there's that.

Also, good for you, Sam.

I forgot about this wasn't the converted Lanister the one who poisoned King Robert for Cersei?

One thing is incest but if becomes known she assassinated the King then all hell will break lose. even Tommen won't be on her side then.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Dany and Jorah... Ugh. I get why she's mad, but she wouldn't have been there if it weren't for him. He propped her up the whole time. Circumstances change, and as Queen, she should know better. Of course, we've been talking about how shit she is at ruling for the past year now, so there's that.

I never really thought about it but everything went to shit for Dany after she sent Jorah away. Jorah might be a good luck charm even if he doesn't have any of his own.

overcast

I just never got the sense that The Sparrows have enough power to essentially control the kingdom. Tommen is weak, sure but damn that was quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom