• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Dany's Non Nude Scenes (or anyone's for that matter).

My issue with these scenes have always been how unrealistic they are. It's not very common to have sex with someone, only for them to immediately cover up. So for that reason, if Emelia has issues with being naked, or the directors don't want her nudity to overtake the message or moment, then the answer is pretty simple...don't have that scene. Act the scene outside of that setting.

And this show/story was built on sexposition. It's weird to not see it playing out now.

Yeah. It is weird. In the end who ever pulls the strings felt the actresses became bigger than sex in those rolls though. It is what it is. The actresses are well within heir rights, but it does make scenes odd comparitively.

Thing is, I saw one nipple of Daenerys in the last episode.

Just rewatched that scene due to your claim. Nope. Bedsheet. Dario's on top, but there's the sheet between them.

the main thing is that covering up herself and being modest does not fit her character.

Exactly. The character stood up out of a bath exposing full frontal to Dario before they even knew each other. A little weird to see her being modest now that she's actually having sex with him.

Just rewatched that scene due to your claim. Nope. Bedsheet. Dario's on top, but there's the sheet between them.

Exactly. The character stood up out of a bath exposing full frontal to Dario before they even knew each other. A little weird to see her being modest now that she's actually having sex with him.

I'm pretty sure I saw the nipslip too

I'm surprised there isn't a site out there with hi res pics of all the boobies on this show, especially with all GAF's interest in a possible nip slip lol

I'm pretty sure I saw the nipslip too

It's there, when he's on top of her, you see it for a ms. Pretty unintentional it seems.

Nope. Bedsheet.

bedsheet_zpsqmrzccwu.jpg

void666

Banned
Watched the 7th episode yesterday. So the whole bronn is poisoned thing was just a lame excsuse to show a (beautiful) pair of boobies?

I love seeing naked women but the nudity in this show is so forced and out of context.

Watched the 7th episode yesterday. So the whole bronn is poisoned thing was just a lame excsuse to show a (beautiful) pair of boobies?

I love seeing naked women but the nudity in this show is so forced and out of context.

It's possible that scene may lead to Bronn working with the sand snakes in some way, I don't think it was added for the boobs alone.

It's possible that scene may lead to Bronn working with the sand snakes in some way, I don't think it was added for the boobs alone.

I honestly can't comprehend this mindset. This is a long form serialized television show, why does everyone keep complaining about individual scenes in the most recent episode being meaningless as if we are never going to see these characters again?

Respect

Finally caught up to the most recent episode...Cersei's plan backfiring and now she is in prison?

/CELEBRATE

elaine-seinfeld-dance-o.gif

Why is Tormund Giantsbane playing a wizard in rewards commercials?

This took me off guard as well and made me do a double take. "Is that...? No it can't be...it is."

a916

I don't care how much of a spineless punk you are, no one could stand down while your wife and mother have been kidnapped.

The Joff would've went full Mad King Aerys on these fools

You could say this but then Sansa did the same thing, Lady was beheaded wrongly because she couldn't stand up and take her sisters side, and then she watched Joffrey kill her father. That didn't stop her from being naive.

http://podbay.fm/
Just type in Game of Thrones in search, and a few GoT podcasts come up. I don't know which ones are just show watchers, but I'm sure they let you know in their summaries.
My favourite is featured at Watchers on the Wall, but there's always at least one book reader in the crowd. Wish I could be more helpful. Good luck. :)

Thank you!! Definitely checking it out. :)

Curufinwe

I don't care how much of a spineless punk you are, no one could stand down while your wife and mother have been kidnapped.

The Joff would've went full Mad King Aerys on these fools

Yeah, Tommen should be more like those two recent kings who got themselves killed by being irrational, violent scumbags.

jediyoshi

Just a little question. Are there any good podcasts YouTube cast videos out there for people that hasn't read the books? I've seen links and so forth but too afraid to venture too much, are there some that Gaffers can recommend?

Watch the Thrones
https://soundcloud.com/watchthethrones
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLklUd1gGvFl4V5rJvwFS8DX0NxcZLNf6O

Cast of Thrones
http://feeds.feedburner.com/CastOfThronesTheGameOfThronesPodcast

I've tried looking through a lot of show watcher only podcasts, but most of them either have bad audio quality or I wasn't big on the hosts

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You could say this but then Sansa did the same thing, Lady was beheaded wrongly because she couldn't stand up and take her sisters side, and then she watched Joffrey kill her father. That didn't stop her from being naive.

Yes, but Sansa didn't have an army behind her willing to cut down her enemies.

PaNaMa

Banned
The lack of her nudity has seemed blatantly obvious.

What's bad is, you can see during the bedroom scene the blanket started to slip. The actress was so mortified of it slipping any further, she clutches it and pulls on it kind of way too forcefully to prevent it from falling. As if acid was going to get her or something.

This knee-jerk reaction just kind of jars you right out of the scene, out of your immersion, because the moment this happens you stop seeing see Daenerys Targaryen and Game of Thrones. All I saw was a paranoid actress in a modern day tv show, who has put herself above the character/lore of the show/that made her famous.

I realize that's a bit ranty and one sided, maybe some will find my stance crude. But it really does take me out of the show when her scenes are shot to suit the actress and not the character/material/world.

a916

Yes, but Sansa didn't have an army behind her willing to cut down her enemies.

A very valid point... I really hope he does, and I'm shocked, even as a child, he wasn't like, um you took my Queen, I have an army under me... attack.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What's bad is, you can see during the bedroom scene the blanket started to slip. The actress was so mortified of it slipping any further, she clutches it and pulls on it kind of way too forcefully to prevent it from falling. As if acid was going to get her or something.

This knee-jerk reaction just kind of jars you right out of the scene, out of your immersion, because the moment this happens you stop seeing see Daenerys Targaryen and Game of Thrones. All I saw was a paranoid actress in a modern day tv show, who has put herself above the character/lore of the show/that made her famous.

I realize that's a bit ranty and one sided, maybe some will find my stance crude. But it really does take me out of the show when her scenes are shot to suit the actress and not the character/material/world.
This was the exact same little movement that pulled me out of the scene. Honestly, even if they decided they needed that scene, I don't know why they didn't reshoot that section, as the rest wouldn't have been so glaring without it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A very valid point... I really hope he does, and I'm shocked, even as a child, he wasn't like, um you took my Queen, I have an army under me... attack.

Well we saw he was more than willing to do it until Cersei talked him down. If not for her I imagine he'd have done it last episode.

I know what part you're talking about. It's when she sits up. I noticed that too and agree regarding the immersion part. Even if Dany was all of a sudden modest, she would have had her back turned to Dario with little reason to cover up her front.

And that's why I'm saying...if she won't play that part, don't do that scene. Find another way to deliver that dialogue or point.

Paskil

I'm guessing The Mountain is going to play a big role in the current Cersei business. Only seen a few glimpses of the laboratory since he was mauled.

WinFonda

I never would have expected a Jorah fight scene to trump all others of the season thus far, but it's true. His quick non-lethal dismantling of the other gladiators was pretty badass, and well done.

Jayof9s

I never would have expected a Jorah fight scene to trump all others of the season thus far, but it's true. His quick non-lethal dismantling of the other gladiators was pretty badass, and well done.

It's not like the other fight scenes this season set a high bar.

Jayof9s

Yeah I know, just thought it deserved a little bit of love for its competent execution after the well-deserved mockery of the other fight scenes.

Yeah, good point. I think even the parts before he joined in were decent. I at least doesn't remember them looking goofy, which is already a step up.

ShinAmano

100% agree.

Hopefully her scenes are out of the bedroom from now on.

J-Rod

I thought it was a bit unrealistic for jorah to turn into the batman and beat up a bunch of armed dudes with just his bare hands. I'm not complaining though, because I love jorah.

Jarnet87

I thought it was a bit unrealistic for jorah to turn into the batman and beat up a bunch of armed dudes with just his bare hands. I'm not complaining though, because I love jorah.

Ser Jorah of Mormont is a seasoned warrior, he was fighting a bunch of bums in some minor league arena.

I kind of hope that Brienne literally cleaves Ramsey in two. I mean, cuts him right in fucking half from the top of his head to the base of his groin. That would be so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom