• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of hope that Brienne literally cleaves Ramsey in two. I mean, cuts him right in fucking half from the top of his head to the base of his groin. That would be so satisfying.

As much as I would love for that to happen, gah damn that would be killing off one of the most interesting characters of this season.

Brienne needs to kick rocks already. You failed. Get over it. Nobody wants you. Everything you get near dies, which is probably a bad trait for a bodyguard.

Wavebossa

Brienne needs to kick rocks already. You failed. Get over it. Nobody wants you. Everything you get near dies, which is probably a bad trait for a bodyguard.

"You need a bodyguard for your bodyguard cuz your bodyguard cannot defend you"

epic battle..

On Topic: I need her to stay around cuz I need someone to completely obliterate the Boltons

overcast

Stannis is so fucked. Kind of have the feeling that the visions Mellisandra had were Jon Snow. On top of that there are so many things that can go wrong.

1) Will Stannis sacrifice his daughter? That would hurt his development as a character but if he doesn't he is dead in the snow.

2) What if his wife kills his daughter? I can see Stannis losing it or something.

3) What if that still doesn't work? I feel like Stannis is too likable to make it far honestly. A lot of things are pointing towards him losing and Jon Snow coming to the rescue IMO.

Lot of stuff can happen in these last few episodes. Wonder who can stop the Septum in KL.

I'm very curious what's gonna happen with Stannis.

I honestly never expected him to make it to the Iron Throne, but the way things are going that doesn't seem so far fetched anymore.

From the way they've been giving his wife screen time earlier this season I think she's going to go behind his back and sacrifice their daughter, which in turn will result in them taking Winterfell.

Then from there it's smooth sailing down to King's Landing what with Tywin dead and Cersei locked up. The town will be ruled by fanatics ready to be purged by the time Stannis arrives.

As much as I would love for that to happen, gah damn that would be killing off one of the most interesting characters of this season.

Real question. What is actually interesting about Ramsay outside of his sadistic nature?

Was the same thing with Jofftey. Well acted part but only interesting due to his sadistic and unpredictable nature

A lot of things are pointing towards him losing and Jon Snow coming to the rescue IMO.

I don't think he'll lose just yet, he might not make it to the Iron Throne, but I agree that Jon and the Wildlings, having lived in cold conditions will be what he needs to succeed, he's stupid for not waiting.

Would people really want to follow a man who sacrificed his own daughter to a crazy fire cult?

They've followed him this far considering he's burned other family members alive. Maybe it's the fear that keeps them following, either way they follow.

Jarnet87

Ramsay's time is up. He has to die.

Ramsay is evil John Snow, he lives til the very end. Deal with it. #Boltons, #Ramsayisthetrueking. So many people hate the Boltons, if those people get their wish and the Boltons get killed they are gonna regret it, they are the best part of the show in a long time.

Overdoziz

Banned
Rewatching some of the older episodes Jaqen tells Arya she owes the Red God (i.e. Lord of Light) three lives. Does that mean that the faceless god is the lord of light?

Rewatching some of the older episodes Jaqen tells Arya she owes the Red God (i.e. Lord of Light) three lives. Does that mean that the faceless god is the lord of light?

Not strictly speaking. The many-faced god is an amalgamation of every religion's god/arbiter of death. The lord of light has some control over death, so is one of the many faces of the many-faced god, and some of the faceless men's worship is based on the worship of the lord of light.

Prine

Banned
Ramsay is evil John Snow, he lives til the very end. Deal with it. #Boltons, #Ramsayisthetrueking. So many people hate the Boltons, if those people get their wish and the Boltons get killed they are gonna regret it, they are the best part of the show in a long time.

Fuck the Boltons. Mad Dany with Dragons vs Stannis is going to be far far more interesting.

Fuck Boltons, cut them down Lord Stannis.Hope Jon pisses on Roose's ashes, piece of shit.

#TeamStark true Northern rulers.

sangreal

Oh yeah, and doesn't Arya still have 1 death left?

No... not sure if you are referring to Melisandre's vision or the 3 deaths owed to her by the fire gods, but either way no. For the latter, she used one on the tickler, one on the guard or w/e that caught her, and one on Jaqen to escape Harrenhold

I brought this up several pages ago and the plausible explanation I got was that she owed the deaths tot he Red God because she saved them from burning to death, not because Jaqen worships the red god (they recognize the one many-faced god, death -- like syrio)

sangreal

Stannis is so fucked. Kind of have the feeling that the visions Mellisandra had were Jon Snow. On top of that there are so many things that can go wrong.

It was pretty obvious her vision was not of Stannis, since she only talks about herself seeing the Boltons fall, and not Stannis

1) Will Stannis sacrifice his daughter? That would hurt his development as a character but if he doesn't he is dead in the snow.

I really don't see that sacrifice happening

2) What if his wife kills his daughter? I can see Stannis losing it or something.

That could definitely happen

3) What if that still doesn't work? I feel like Stannis is too likable to make it far honestly. A lot of things are pointing towards him losing and Jon Snow coming to the rescue IMO.

Sounds about right. The funny thing is, while Melisandre preaches about Stannis' destiny as if the lord of light is backing him -- in Essos we see the fire priestess preaching about how Danaerys is the savior

Lot of stuff can happen in these last few episodes. Wonder who can stop the Septum in KL.

There has never been any evidence that the 7 have any power, so I feel any of the characters backed by the demonstrable gods can stop them. Not that they should be stopped -- they're kind of the good guys. The poor rebelling against the nobles

They were never together again. =(

tumblr_m396901GFh1roz5p1o1_500.png

royalan

What's bad is, you can see during the bedroom scene the blanket started to slip. The actress was so mortified of it slipping any further, she clutches it and pulls on it kind of way too forcefully to prevent it from falling. As if acid was going to get her or something.

This knee-jerk reaction just kind of jars you right out of the scene, out of your immersion, because the moment this happens you stop seeing see Daenerys Targaryen and Game of Thrones. All I saw was a paranoid actress in a modern day tv show, who has put herself above the character/lore of the show/that made her famous.

I realize that's a bit ranty and one sided, maybe some will find my stance crude. But it really does take me out of the show when her scenes are shot to suit the actress and not the character/material/world.

But see, here's the thing: this is not the actress' fault.

Emilia Clarke now has it in her contract that she doesn't do nude scenes. This is her right, and it's a right afforded to most male actors on the show without question. She has every right to keep herself covered.

Who's to blame are the writers and the people working the camera. If you have an actress who doesn't do nude scenes and you don't want it to be obvious to your audience, stop writing bedroom scenes. Stop filming close-up, top-down shots. Choose a smarter, more elegant angle if you do insist on bedroom scenes so the audience's eye isn't immediately drawn to the fact that your actress is staying covered.

This is totally on them.

Nameless

Love Brie, but her plan to rescue Sansa is about as stupid as Jaime's to rescue Myrcella. The candle is lit, then want? Storm Winterfell solo and fight her way out against packs of ravenous hounds and waves of Bolton bannermen while also protecting Sansa? All this takes place in untold amounts of ice & snow, btw.

If by some miracle she pulled it off she'd probably get Pod captured & flayed in the process, and just get her self killed trying to assassinate Stannis later.

I kind of hope that Brienne literally cleaves Ramsey in two. I mean, cuts him right in fucking half from the top of his head to the base of his groin. That would be so satisfying.

I don't see that happening... ramsay will be Sansa's and/or Theon's business. She will try to kill either Stannis or Roose.

Volimar

Love Brie, but her plan to rescue Sansa is about as stupid as Jaime's to rescue Myrcella. The candle is lit, then want? Storm Winterfell solo and fight her way out against packs of ravenous hounds and waves of Bolton bannermen while also protecting Sansa? All this takes place in untold amounts of ice & snow, btw.

If by some miracle she pulled it off she'd probably get Pod captured & flayed in the process, and just get her self killed trying to assassinate Stannis later.

That's assuming they went in alone. There might be some northern fighters that could help.

Nameless

That's assuming they went in alone. There might be some northern fighters that could help.

Yeah I was going to say, she should have been putting out feelers for people still loyal to the Starks. Hopefully she has.

The Karstarks have a sizeable force, but even with Robb dead we don't know if they'd once again fight for the Starks.

Well, now that i think about it, it could actually be John the one who is going to kill ramsay. I hope that at least he and his sister will have a chance to meet again

Jarnet87

Well, now that i think about it, it could actually be John the one who is going to kill ramsay. I hope that at least he and his sister will have a chance to meet again

If John kills Ramsay it won't be at Winterfell. You can't just have John killing Ramsay without any story between the two.

If John kills Ramsay it won't be at Winterfell. You can't just have John killing Ramsay without any story between the two.

Huge story between them. Ramsay is the son of the man who helped kill his Brother, his wife and unborn child. Killed his fathers wife. Ramsay has mutilated Theon mentally and physically and has abused Sansa, not to mention the other random people from Jon's home that the Boltons have fucked over. If that isn't a story between the two then I don't know what is.

Nameless

Huge story between them. Ramsay is the son of the man who helped kill his Brother, his wife and unborn child. Killed his fathers wife. Ramsay has mutilated Theon mentally and physically and has abused Sansa, not to mention the other random people from Jon's home that the Boltons have fucked over. If that isn't a story between the two then I don't know what is.

Agreed. Plus I like the idea of the Bastards of Winterfell, two polar opposites, finally colliding on the battlefield.

Linkhero1

I can definitely see this happening. In fact, I want it to happen, but it probably won't.

Jarnet87

Does Jon know any of this besides Roose betraying his family? Don't really remember if they show him learning of the red wedding, but I assume either through Raven or Stannis at the very latest that he knows of their betrayal. He probably doesn't even know of Ramsay.

Does Jon know any of this besides Roose betraying his family, or that Sansa is being held at Winterfell? Don't really remember if they show him learning of the red wedding, but I assume either through Raven or Stannis at the very latest that he knows of their betrayal. He probably doesn't even know of Ramsay in the show.

Did Jon Snu know how the city watch dude screwed his father over, and ordered Robert's bastards to be killed? It can be justice without the character knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom