• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Huge story between them. Ramsay is the son of the man who helped kill his Brother, his wife and unborn child. Killed his fathers wife. Ramsay has mutilated Theon mentally and physically and has abused Sansa, not to mention the other random people from Jon's home that the Boltons have fucked over. If that isn't a story between the two then I don't know what is.

But it wouldn't really make sense at this point. He doesn't deserve to be the one who ends Ramsey over Sansa or Theon.

Not only would the way the writers would handle it likely be stupid, but a lot of their shared history isn't even known by one of the people involved. And they have no shared personal history. For all we know, they've never even met, wouldn't even recognize each other, and Jon isn't aware of any of the individual cruelties Ramsay has inflicted on people. Their clashing would have no weight to most of the audience, especially when there are two people in that castle who not only have that same shared history, but have been personally victimized by him.

ramsay doesn't deserve to die by straight up battle, that'd be some bullshit

bitch deserves to be flayed by sansa and theon

Theon would probably try to help Ramsay if he was being held prisoner. Reek seems gonzo beyond repair. I think everyone wants to see Ramsay get his in a slow, horrible way and that is exactly why it won't happen like that, lol.

But it wouldn't really make sense at this point. He doesn't deserve to be the one who ends Ramsey over Sansa or Theon.

Not only would the way the writers would handle it likely be stupid, but a lot of their shared history isn't even known by one of the people involved. And they have no shared personal history. For all we know, they've never even met, wouldn't even recognize each other, and Jon isn't aware of any of the individual cruelties Ramsay has inflicted on people. Their clashing would have no weight to most of the audience, especially when there are two people in that castle who not only have that same shared history, but have been personally victimized by him.

Jon probably isn't aware, but that doesn't mean he won't learn of what's happened. If there's one thing we know about Jon is that he's very honorable and doesn't stand for the mistreatment of people, especially those who are close to him. If he even caught word of what Ramsay did to either Theon or Sansa, or even just the fact that they skinned and killed the people who lived in Winterfell, he would probably lose his cool and immediately try to seek him out at the start of battle.

Difference between him and the two people that have been victimized by him directly is that they're not capable. Sansa might be, we'll see, but Theon is too scared. Jon is at least a proven warrior who has and will risk his own life to protect the people he cares for.

It really doesn't matter who deserves to kill Ramsay, this is GoT remember, Ramsay will probably kill Jon just because we're not expecting it and it's something no one wants.

sangreal

Does Jon know any of this besides Roose betraying his family? Don't really remember if they show him learning of the red wedding, but I assume either through Raven or Stannis at the very latest that he knows of their betrayal. He probably doesn't even know of Ramsay.

He knows of the red wedding -- he didn't want to ask the Boltons for men because of it, but Sam forced him to. He also knows Bran is alive, and probably Rickon. Other than that, I'd say Jon Snow knows nothing

Even Baelish was fooled by Ramsay

yeah, I'm going to disagree with that cliché line as well. Ramsay and Jon being different goes to the beheading scene: "but you know why I had to do it, right?", which Jon has even repeated this season. Ramsay is just evil because he likes it, his father does too, and being a bastard was just his excuse. They are both very much the sons of their fathers. but in different ways.
But that's where the similarity ends. Ramsay will try to find a way out through any means, and Jon will take it as honor commands it. Which was kind of the point of the Red Wedding.

Sansa hasn't played her hand yet because she's still in 'Stark mode', if you will. She is probably
going to kill Ramsay at some point, or at least try to and accidentally kill Theon instead, so he can never tell her Rickon is still alive and that plotline conveniently fucks off and dies.
I mean, can you imagine if he just told her: "oh yeah, those are still alive" and Sansa would go: "Who?" to that?

btw, IF Reek decides to help Sansa anyway, he's obviously going to be killed by Ramsay. He has had that coming a long time already.

Fuck the Boltons. Mad Dany with Dragons vs Stannis is going to be far far more interesting.

Fuck Boltons, cut them down Lord Stannis.Hope Jon pisses on Roose's ashes, piece of shit.

#TeamStark true Northern rulers.
Seriously, fuck the Boltons. My wish is for Stannis to come to a claimed Winterfell with Sansa sitting on her throne. There is a blanket to the side, with a muffled noise. Stannis asks what it is and Reek pulls the cover to see a skinned Ramsay other than his face on wooden X. He yells in pain but has something in his mouth to keep him from making noise.

White Walkers are coming and Danny might turn full Targeryan crazie, so the possibilities of enemies is there. There's also this guy called Littlefinger whose been getting stronger and stronger, not sure if anyone's heard of him yet.

MikeyB

Stannis wife dies, he takes Winterfell, kills the Boltons, marries Sansa, is trapped by snow, Littlefinger rules King's Landing, Jon and the wildlings are fighting the White Walkers in the field, and Dany rides in.

Arya is rampaging with the Hound who somehow survived. The series ends with the Iron Bank's collection agency repossessing the entirety of the kingdom.

Well, things certainly moved in this episode.
Watching Cersei getting thrown into the dungeon right after humiliating Marge was incredibly satisfying.
So glad Bronn didn't die, that was a weird scene though, lol.
Tommen is such a wuss, he's really pissing me off.
I'm scared of what might happen to Sam and co.
I feel really bad for Sansa, revenge will be sweet.

Frog-fu

Banned
Have Jon and Sansa even ever had a scene together? I can't recall them even speaking on screen.

Just thinking about the Starks makes me wish they had some more time together before the show really kicked off or that Jon didn't join the The Watch so soon. They hardly feel like Jon's family to me.

Vashetti

Banned
Have Jon and Sansa even ever had a scene together? I can't recall them even speaking on screen.

Just thinking about the Starks makes me wish they had some more time together before the show really kicked off or that Jon didn't join the The Watch so soon. They hardly feel like Jon's family to me.

Nope, same as her and Theon prior to this season.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nope, same as her and Theon prior to this season.

Yeah, I thought it was the first time they spoke.

I also really liked the Robb/Jon relationship. It's too bad they didn't get more screen time together. I recall Richard Madden and Kit Harrington having good chemistry.

I really loved Sansa's conversation Ramsay. I was a bit confused listening to the only 2 podcasts that I listen in regards to GoT. They were saying she was desperate or didn't care what happens to her so she was just egging him on. It's a clear move to mess with his head, especially after the dinner scene where she observes how they work. They made Sansa sound dumb when they didn't get she was just playing him and even got some real information on one of her family members. I would have liked had she lied to Ramsay and told him at the end that she doesn't care about Jon either way, because he is a bastard. It would have added even more salt in Ramsay's wounds.

I really hope they have something unique set up for Sansa rather than something stupid like her trying to kill Ramsay with the corkscrew and get wrecked by Ramsay when she fails... Maybe a way to open the door and light that candle herself but who knows.

Curufinwe

I really loved Sansa's conversation Ramsay. I was a bit confused listening to the only 2 podcasts that I listen in regards to GoT. They were saying she was desperate or didn't care what happens to her so she was just egging him on. It's a clear move to mess with his head, especially after the dinner scene where she observes how they work. They made Sansa sound dumb when they didn't get she was just playing him and even got some real information on one of her family members.

There's some really poor analysis coming from GoT podcasts, unfortunately.

Jarnet87

Well, things certainly moved in this episode.
Watching Cersei getting thrown into the dungeon right after humiliating Marge was incredibly satisfying.
So glad Bronn didn't die, that was a weird scene though, lol.
Tommen is such a wuss, he's really pissing me off.
I'm scared of what might happen to Sam and co.
I feel really bad for Sansa, revenge will be sweet.

I think Sam leaves the Wall with Gilly, just a question of does he follow Jon North, or does he travel South.

PaNaMa

Banned
But see, here's the thing: this is not the actress' fault.

Emilia Clarke now has it in her contract that she doesn't do nude scenes. This is her right, and it's a right afforded to most male actors on the show without question. She has every right to keep herself covered.

Who's to blame are the writers and the people working the camera. If you have an actress who doesn't do nude scenes and you don't want it to be obvious to your audience, stop writing bedroom scenes. Stop filming close-up, top-down shots. Choose a smarter, more elegant angle if you do insist on bedroom scenes so the audience's eye isn't immediately drawn to the fact that your actress is staying covered.

This is totally on them.

If you sign a contract to do a show that requires nude scenes then when you get famous you want a new contract half way through the run that says "no nude scenes for me - to hell with the source material/themes/writers/fans -- I think that's that's a bit shoddy I guess. As you say, it is her right. I wouldn't begrudge her at all if that was in her contract before the show, and that was the direction HBO decided to go with the character. But she called their bluff and won. HBO wasn't going to replace her just to preserve character/lore/tv show integrity. And in truth, I wouldn't want her replaced. I'm sure no one would. I just think it kind of stinks.

I agree HBO must write and shoot her scenes in a better way, so as to night bring about these situations.

Indulge me for a moment, Let's imagine Dinklage decided he wanted to give up swearing. A personal choice, a career choice. He doesn't want to be typecast as someone who swears a lot, or he just develops (after all these seasons) a distaste for vulgarityl. He demands all his dialogue be changed to remove swearing. Or the guy who plays Bronn even.

Instead of saying "I want to fuck that whore" he will say "I want to snuggle that prostitute". Should fans be OK with it? I realize the analogy is over the top -- nudity is intensely more personal, especially with dozens of crew standing around you. But such a decision similarly detract from the characters of Tyrion or Bronn. I would be great for syndication I guess for network television down the road. But if fans are expected to go for a never nude Dany, who not a never cursing Tyrion? Maybe the guy who plays Hodor wants some more meaningful dialogue ..

Yes yes now I'm just being an idiot. I know. :) It is what it is I suppose. That one scene tho, I found, really pulled me out of the show for a moment is all. =p

sangreal

I really loved Sansa's conversation Ramsay. I was a bit confused listening to the only 2 podcasts that I listen in regards to GoT. They were saying she was desperate or didn't care what happens to her so she was just egging him on. It's a clear move to mess with his head, especially after the dinner scene where she observes how they work. They made Sansa sound dumb when they didn't get she was just playing him and even got some real information on one of her family members. I would have liked had she lied to Ramsay and told him at the end that she doesn't care about Jon either way, because he is a bastard. It would have added even more salt in Ramsay's wounds.

Geeze, the show really needs to spell things out for some people huh

Wait, is Aegon actually the first character in the show to die of natural causes? Lol

I can't think of anyone other than maybe if you count Cat's father(?), or whoever they went to that funeral for when Blackfish was introduced, but even then, its not like that was an actual character on the show beforehand

boxter432

Wait, is Aegon actually the first character in the show to die of natural causes? Lol
*Aemon
Aegon is:
His Bro who was king. Aemon called him Egg
Aegon is also the name of one of the kids of Rhaegar and Elia Martell and killed by the Mountain......and I think there might be a bunch of older generation Aegons.

sangreal

I've been struggling to like this season and it's finally hit me. I miss The Hound.

This one is for you bud.

I also miss the hound. He was wonderful last season

I am enjoying this season just fine though

Was he though?

He made a point of saying he didn't know anything about Ramsey when they met, so I would say he wasn't fooled.

Well that is what I mean by fooled. Baelish said his spies had nothing on Ramsay and then Ramsay was being friendly and promising not to hurt Sansa, etc. But granted, Baelish was probably lying

Epix

Reposted for reposting...

Game-of-Thrones-Infographic-Full-Screen.png

sangreal

Reposted for reposting...

Game-of-Thrones-Infographic-Full-Screen.png

Wylla?

I know they can't show us everything, but I'd really like to see some old faces and know what is happening to them, like Gendry, Brynden/Edmure Tully, Thoros of Myr, Beric Dondarrion and Balon/Yara Greyjoy. Also, I wonder if Benjen Stark has simply been forgotten or if we'll eventually know what happened to him all these years.

Trust me, it is not just you

sangreal

That's from the conversation between Ned and Robert in the second episode of the first season. When they were on the Kingsroad, they were talking about war and women, and Robert eventually asked about the name of Jon's mother. Ned replied "Wylla", but he didn't want to talk about it any further. That's all we know.

Interesting; I gotta go back and watch that again

Hoster Tully, Cat's dad died of natural causes didn't he?

He was never seen in character on the show until his death when they sailed him away to burn his body on the open waters, but it was still a natural death if I remember correctly.

Edit: missed this.

I can't think of anyone other than maybe if you count Cat's father(?), or whoever they went to that funeral for when Blackfish was introduced, but even then, its not like that was an actual character on the show beforehand

Venture

Hoster Tully, Cat's dad died of natural causes didn't he?

He was never seen in character on the show until his death when they sailed him away to burn his body on the open waters, but it was still a natural death if I remember correctly.

Edit: missed this.
He may have been murdered. When Lysa was threatening Sansa over the moon door she says, "My father, my husband, my sister. They all stood between us and now they're all dead!"

He may have been murdered. When Lysa was threatening Sansa over the moon door she says, "My father, my husband, my sister. They all stood between us and now they're all dead!"

I understood that as her father not wanting Lysa to be with Creepy Petey. I don't think she meant that she killed him for trying to stand in the way.

Frog-fu

Banned
Been watching a lot of GoT clips from previous seasons and I'm left more worried over Stannis. Not necessarily for his life, but what he'll do.

Eddard was honourable and died because of it. Honour is what brought him to King's Landing and honour is what kept him from outting Cersei when he had the chance. Eddard was too damn honourable to do what had to me done to avoid greater evils than were necessary. Honour is what killed him.

Robb believed strongly in justice. He acted to his own detriment for the sake of justice, most notably with Lord Karstark, who he sentenced to death for murdering two Lannister boys in their custody. Before that he was expending resources on captives of war because killing them wouldn't have been just. When he returned to the Trident to make amends with the Freys, he spoke of the importance of keeping one's word, especially in the case of kings, etc. It wasn't as straightforward or obvious for Robb, but it can easily said his own sense of justice is what led to his downfall. It made him lenient and merciful to great personal cost and it's what eventually had the Boltons turn on him.

Stannis is defined by his sense of duty. It's ingrained in everything he does. His accomplishments during Robert's Rebellion say as much and Ser Daavos has made it clear Stannis sees kingship as his duty no different than leading armies. What worries me about him is how far he may go to fulfil his duty. I get the unsettling feeling that the big shocker this season isn't going to his defeat at the hands of the Boltons, I think that quite possibly he will sacrifice Shireen for his cause. Because it's his duty.

If that were to happen, then Westeros would no longer have anything resembling an honourable lord vying for the throne. Jon Snow doesn't really count, and while Doran Martell seems like a good man, we don't know anywhere enough about him to draw any real conclusions.

I just hope Stannis the Miss stays true to his principles and gets to eat his cake too. Unlikely, especially in a show like this, but one can hope.

Been watching a lot of GoT clips from previous seasons and I'm left more worried over Stannis. Not necessarily for his life, but what he'll do.

Eddard was honourable and died because of it. Honour is what brought him to King's Landing and honour is what kept him from outting Cersei when he had the chance. Eddard was too damn honourable to do what had to me done to avoid greater evils than were necessary. Honour is what killed him.

Robb believed strongly in justice. He acted to his own detriment for the sake of justice, most notably with Lord Karstark, who he sentenced to death for murdering two Lannister boys in their custody. Before that he was expending resources on captives of war because killing them wouldn't have been just. When he returned to the Trident to make amends with the Freys, he spoke of the importance of keeping one's word, especially in the case of kings, etc. It wasn't as straightforward or obvious for Robb, but it can easily said his own sense of justice is what led to his downfall. It made him lenient and merciful to great personal cost and it's what eventually had the Boltons turn on him.

Stannis is defined by his sense of duty. It's ingrained in everything he does. His accomplishments during Robert's Rebellion say as much and Ser Daavos has made it clear Stannis sees kingship as his duty no different than leading armies. What worries me about him is how far he may go to fulfil his duty. I get the unsettling feeling that the big shocker this season isn't going to his defeat at the hands of the Boltons, I think that quite possibly he will sacrifice Shireen for his cause. Because it's his duty.

If that were to happen, then Westeros would no longer have anything resembling an honourable lord vying for the throne. Jon Snow doesn't really count, and while Doran Martell seems like a good man, we don't know anywhere enough about him to draw any real conclusions.

I just hope Stannis the Miss stays true to his principles and gets to eat his cake too. Unlikely, especially in a show like this, but one can hope.
The only way Stannis gets out of this on a good note is if his crazy wife kills their daughter and Littlefinger doesn't crush him once he reaches Winterfell. Everything else will lead to a disaster.

Stannis, proving to be a good guy. Death is certain.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only way Stannis gets out of this on a good note is if his crazy wife kills their daughter and Littlefinger doesn't crush him once he reaches Winterfell. Everything else will lead to a disaster.

Why would Littlefinger crush Stannis? Do you think he actually cares about what Cersei told him in King Landing? Especially now that she's imprisoned.

Why would Littlefinger crush Stannis? Do you think he actually cares about what Cersei told him in King Landing? Especially now that she's imprisoned.
I can't tell his plan exactly, but it's an option. Littlefinger crushing Stannis means one of the 7 houses is destroyed, the Vale is his, he owns Harrenhal and has the North onto his side thanks to Sansa. Dorne seems to stay away from the other Kingdoms, which leaves Kings Landing, Tyrells and the broken Lannisters as the only enemies he has to clean house before he's the undisputed ruler of the 7 Kingdoms (you know.. discounting the WW and Danny).

Of course, there is option B that he stays out of it and lets Stannis go to Kings Landing and crush the the enemies of King's Landing and Lannisters (since Kevan will join Tommen to help defend the crown).

Venture

Well, I for one hope Tommen goes Joffrey-mode. Just long enough though. Not like, all the time. Just enough to get shit done.
It may be too late now. I guess he's got what's left of the King's Guard and the city watch, but the Sparrows seem to have become pretty powerful and probably have more popular support than the king.

I understood that as her father not wanting Lysa to be with Creepy Petey. I don't think she meant that she killed him for trying to stand in the way.
Just a possibility. She was certainly crazy enough to do it, or let Littlefinger do it at least.

It may be too late now. I guess he's got what's left of the King's Guard and the city watch, but the Sparrows seem to have become pretty powerful and probably have more popular support than the king.

Just a possibility. She was certainly crazy enough to do it, or let Littlefinger do it at least.

Lysa? Crazy? Nahhhhh!

Littlefinger probably wouldn't even have go to battle with Stannis is he takes over Winterfell. As far as Sansa is concerned he helped her a great deal (playing that he doesn't know how awful Ramsay is, or legit might not know, which I doubt) Stannis takes Winterfell and gives it to Sansa, who then marries Littlefinger. That is, of course if she doesn't end up despising him for leaving her there and setting up the marriage. In which case, he'll have to fight to get it, lol.

Episode 10's name has been officially revealed, and it's called
Mother's Mercy

My previous post about it being called
Winter
was wrong, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom