• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one scene that is bothering me. It is when Sam tells Olly " don't worry, Jon always comes back "

In the context of the conversation that line made not much sense. This show likes to have premonitions hidden within actions or statements. I mean Jon receiving Dragonglass suddenly was a pretty big hint that Jon would need that Dragonglass wherever he may be going. Just so happens they would need it.

That statement was very out of place within that conversation. Something irks me about it. No doubt Jon returns to the Wall. I dunno. Maybe that was just Sam misreading Olly's facial expression. It just felt like one of those statements that meant more

I completely agree with you and after shit hit the fan I was certain Jon was dead.

The way it ended though, they better not freeze the fucking water. Because I think they can do it, Meli even says it in the clip Nameless posted some few posts back. "The cold breathe of winter will freeze the seas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OpEwhEMdc&feature=youtu.be at 45 seconds.

I'll be pissed.

Wait, when Jon saved the Lord Commander back a few seasons ago with the fire lamp, did he burn is hand?

Yeah he burned it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as that woman said goodbye to her kids, I knew she was die. Oh well, at least she was a good character.

How did the white walkers know what the wildlings have been up to? They can't be psychic, or else what's been stopping them from obliterating the wildlings this whole time? And I don't believe for a second that white walkers just coincidentally scheduled a massive attack at this time.

They knew Jon was coming to meet with the wildlings, and they knew why. Also, judging from the white walker general personally going to inspect the cabin, they also knew what Jon had with him. How did they know all this? This would have been interesting to explore on the show.

I was also wondering about the timing of the attack. It wouldn't surprise me if the WW kept tabs on what the wildlings were doing in a general sense, but for the specifics, I'm not sure.

I think it was a coincidence.

If not, maybe they do know what they're doing. I mean Craster was giving them babies and shit.

And now their baby farm has dried up. They know something's going on. I don't think it was a coincidence, but we have yet to be given the information that directly explains the attack.

What an awesome episode!

Finally an episode worthy!

If you were wondering why everyone should be scared shitless of the white walkers - well, this episode pretty much summed it up.

Epcott

Omg the end of that episode. This is like A Song of Ice and Fire: The Remix. Even after reading the books, I have no idea what will happen next.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
fucking ace, fucking aceeeeeeee

that sward scene gave me legit vibe of that scene from LOTR RoTK. If you have seen the movie then you know what I am talking about.

dork

Banned
Ok I lied. I had like 2 minutes left at my last post

That final scene...unnnnngghhhhhhhhh. He just multiplied his army. I honestly hope they never talk about any other storyline ever again except this one. Holy shit

demolitio

Glad the Valyrian steel works. I kinda figured it might since they made such a big deal about those rare swords and while they're stronger then most, they've never been really special besides being a status symbol and I thought its relation to Valyria and dragons would mean it could work against the WW. Fire and Ice afterall.

Still waiting for the one dragon to show up there. A clash of religions so to speak is what I've been wanting for quite some time now since they've been teasing it.

One of the central themes has always been about mankind's petty battles and greed taking focus away from the real threat to the kingdom and it looks like someone is going to need to unite them before it's too late.

Edit: Also, I guess this is what they meant about trying to switch it up a bit and not be so predictable. Instead of an episode 9 battle, we got one tonight and while I expected one tonight, I didn't expect it to be there. I figured Stannis would finally attack Winterfell. The story is definitely slower this season but I'm glad we're getting into the supernatural stuff more even if we don't see the end game players involved in that (an assumption on my part but I think Bran is the end game). Maybe the dragon shows up in the season finale and Bran takes control of it sometime next season to fight the WW's.

No one knows. That secret went away with Valyria. It stands to reason dragons might be involved though.

rofl, oh man.

Just think, Valyria was building arms to have a sure fire way to prevent the Walkers from ever rising again, then "The Doom" killed them all and that secret weapon went with them.

Plot Twist: Dragons are working with The Walkers and destroyed the only civilization who could make man made weapons to destroy them!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Gotdamn what an episode. The last two episodes were really good.

I found Season 5 to be the weakest of the series, but finally a return to form and it's damn good.

Boogie9IGN

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ I haven't been so tense during a scene for a long time. My palms are covered in sweat and my heart is still racing. Season redeemed

Ishan

If only the seven kingdoms has YouTube . That white walker shit would be getting 10 million views and everyone would give a shit ... Jesus the rest of the seven kingdoms have no clue the shitstorm that's about to hit them ... Fuck the wheel Danny .

royalan

I hope next week isn't another instance of Ramsay successfully taking on a superior fighting force with the power of shirtlessness.

He needs to get his, and it needs to happen already.

If only the seven kingdoms has YouTube . That white walker shit would be getting 10 million views and everyone would give a shit ... Jesus the rest of the seven kingdoms have no clue the shitstorm that's about to hit them ... Fuck the wheel Danny .

"Meh, it's North of the Wall, who gives a shit".

"Meh, I'm across the Narrow Sea, who gives a shit".

"Fucking White Walker alarmists!!!!!"

"Just the Nights Watch trying to get more men and funding!!"

Best episode of the season, not just because of the great battle, but also because those scenes with Tyrion and Dany were great. GoT spend seasons keeping the major characters apart but excels when we do finally get to see them interact with each other.

This season seem to have been 6 episodes of slow build up with few major story turns but the last two episodes have seen the threads start to make sense.
I suspect once the whole season has been broadcast, a lot of us will have different opinions.

I don't think the show has Jumped the Stark yet.

I hope next week isn't another instance of Ramsay successfully taking on a superior fighting force with the power of shirtlessness.

He's trying sooo hard to get the respect from his dad so that baby brother doesn't oust him. His end is coming.

Das Ace

So we've crossed into new content? Even for the book readers?

Yes and No. Dance with Dragons and Feast for Crows occur concurrently in the timeline, so this season lines up with them (with some deviations to the plot), so it is mostly still within the boundaries of those books. If GRRM doesn't release his book early next year than it gets interesting.

Ovid

How did the white walkers know what the wildlings have been up to? They can't be psychic, or else what's been stopping them from obliterating the wildlings this whole time? And I don't believe for a second that white walkers just coincidentally scheduled a massive attack at this time.

They knew Jon was coming to meet with the wildlings, and they knew why. Also, judging from the white walker general personally going to inspect the cabin, they also knew what Jon had with him. How did they know all this? This would have been interesting to explore on the show.
I just watched "Inside the S5 E8" on HBOGo and they said that everything that happened was part of the WW plan until Jon killed the Knight King's(?) lieutenant with the sword.

Well it seems like Ramsey already getting arrogant, not going with the safe route on winning the war.

Man if Dany does cross the sea with every intention to " break the wheel ", aka destroy every family so there will no longer be spokes going up and down , and the white Walker army crosses the Wall.

Going to be a very empty Westeros

Aces&Eights

OK, I don't know what rocked me more; Tyrion and Dany talking like salty old friends or the whole entire last 15 minutes. Jon has really come into his own and man, I respect and care for him more and more with each passing episode. So, there were 4 of the WW on the hill and one came down and that is who Jon killed, right? With Valareyn steel? Also, was the guy on the dock at the end supposed to be the same one who changed the baby over into a WW a couple seasons ago? He had horn things but looked a little different.

a916

Legit surprised that the Ice King didn't start walking across the water while freezing it, creating a frozen bridge for his army to come fuck up the fleet.

Totally expected that... or him to start flying. I honestly didn't expect Jon to make it out of there.

If you forge regular steel with Dragon Glass does that make Valyrian steel?

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking.

LEGIT expected a dragon to show up when those walkers threw themselves off the cliff, figured they were "running away" because they sensed something coming... but it wasn't the case.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Yeah I wish the 'bad' guys would suffer a reality check every now and then like the 'good' guys do. Ramsay sneaks his force into the Stannis camp, get spotted, surrounded and hacked down - just because that's what would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom