• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever talked about and dissected the world of Game of Thrones?

When they say winter they also say the night that never ends. Are they saying that for parts of Westeros during winter it's going to be constant night time, like in parts of Earth?

With the uneven length of seasons, is the world of GoT on a completely fucked up, un even axis? Would that cause the speratic seasons and year long nights?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I can't quite remember, but was there a Wikia that only followed the story from the TV series and didn't explain things based on the books?

I want to read the background on some characters that I don/t remember/some swords and I don't want to go down that hole of finding out something terrible happens because I researched something totally different.

Cidd

So Valyrian steel and Dragonglass are the keys to winning,.... we're fucked.

The silence at the end said it all.

I can't quite remember, but was there a Wikia that only followed the story from the TV series and didn't explain things based on the books?

I want to read the background on some characters that I don/t remember/some swords and I don't want to go down that hole of finding out something terrible happens because I researched something totally different.

Game of Thrones wiki is based on the show. At the end of each seaction there is a little thing talking about changes from the books, but you can easily not read that.

Do not, for the love of god, do not go to A Song of Ice and Fire wiki. That's for the books.

Aces&Eights

Dang, can't link it

White Walker come at me bro

PX3IuT8.jpg

Venture

That ending was the best ending I've ever seen.
Also, Arya's story now is completely boring.
I loved the Arya scenes. I don't know what to make of the Faceless Men organization. At first I thought of them as a some kind of high priced assassins guild. Then they seemed like a sinister cult. Now Jaquen is talking about helping poor widows and children. I'm intrigued.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm saddened that the wildlings female character got "killed" off, she really nailed her role and would of liked to have seen more of her in the series.

a916

"Many claim they wove magic spells into the molten metal and blasted it with dragon fire" - on Valyrian Steel

Found in the Season 4 Extras. LINK

Sorry if this considered against the thread... it's not book related, but tv related.

I would rather run into a sea full of the walking dead walkers than have to deal with one white walker. Horrifying ending, that I never saw coming.

Stop ruining other television for me GoT :(

I'm saddened that the wildlings female character got "killed" off, she really nailed her role and would of liked to have seen more of her in the series.
She was awesome, I wish she didn't die...

What an amazing episode. This is one of my favorites of the entire season. Incredible! 1/4 storylines that I want concluded in these last three episodes, three more to go in two episodes! Epic ensues ladies & gentlemen, epic ensues!!!

So one of my complaints about this show as each season has progressed was the lack of music, there seemed to be less and less of it unless there was a big battle. But man does Arya's new music get me going, really sends chills down my spine. I love it.

Ishan

Has anyone ever talked about and dissected the world of Game of Thrones?

When they say winter they also say the night that never ends. Are they saying that for parts of Westeros during winter it's going to be constant night time, like in parts of Earth?

With the uneven length of seasons, is the world of GoT on a completely fucked up, un even axis? Would that cause the speratic seasons and year long nights?

There is a YouTube video on this ... Don't have the link handy but iirc it said the whole seasons thing is hard to explain even with wierd orbits

Aces&Eights

I know, I was hoping Wildling Mom would be a new thing.

Agreed. That look of total despair when she saw the children....heartbreaking. I already liked her mountains (no pun intended) more than Igrid. Probably, because she never said, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". Fierce fighter, loving mother, what a great character and they go and kill her off right away. Typical.

Aces&Eights

Just imagine how the final season will be. Will the white walkers get as far as King's Landing? I'm thinking yes.

I dunno 'bout that. I predict Dany will get to KL with Tyrion but hear of what is happening up north and go fight them on their own turf. Regardless of who wins Winterfell (Stannis or the worst family in the world), Dany and her dragons will defeat them. I think Stannis does beat Bolton, but will perish to WW due to his ignorance. Jon will prob end up saving the day and then warning Dany and Co., and they will actually listen. Totally a guess, of course.

Can the white walkers raise someone who has been dead for years? Or do they need to be fresh? For example could they raise Renly if they came across his tomb?

That's a great question. I would say no because then all they would have to do is travel to graveyards and skip the whole battle stuff. Also, they would have a shit-ton of WW army animals, too, like bears and stuff. They have horses so it must work on animals.

I dunno 'bout that. I predict Dany will get to KL with Tyrion but hear of what is happening up north and go fight them on their own turf. Regardless of who wins Winterfell (Stannis or the worst family in the world), Dany and her dragons will defeat them. I think Stannis does beat Bolton, but will perish to WW due to his ignorance. Jon will prob end up saving the day and then warning Dany and Co., and they will actually listen. Totally a guess, of course.

Danny using her dragons could be a reason for the common folk to rally behind her.

Sober

Hmm, can't remember but the start of last season when Tywin reforged Ned's old sword, did he say he found someone who knew how to handle Valyrian Steel? Cause I sure hope Brienne's and Joffery's (?) swords aren't full of impurities or something and are worthless against WWs.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Game of Thrones wiki is based on the show. At the end of each seaction there is a little thing talking about changes from the books, but you can easily not read that.

Do not, for the love of god, do not go to A Song of Ice and Fire wiki. That's for the books.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted.

Volimar

Hmm, can't remember but the start of last season when Tywin reforged Ned's old sword, did he say he found someone who knew how to handle Valyrian Steel? Cause I sure hope Brienne's and Joffery's (?) swords aren't full of impurities or something and are worthless against WWs.

He knew someone that could work valyrian steel, but not forge it.

I'm going out on a limb and saying LF is a secret agent for the Night King.

I mean he is souly responsible for the utter decimation of so much of the armies in Westeros. What if he was tasked by the Walkers to weaken the defenses as much as possible before they arrive. So what does he do? He sets the most powerful armies of the North against the most powerful of the South. He gains control of one of the other most powerful armies and will send them during a hard winter to fight in the North against 2 other larger armies. All the while he keeps KL in dissaray by pitting the Tyrells against the Lannisters and vice versa.

As he said in season 1 as Rose(?) the whore was finger slamming that other girl. He is not going to beat those in power, he is going to fuck them. What better way to fuck Westeros then to weaken it right before a MASSIVE army hits it during a hard winter.

Far fetched. But LF is not a good guy in this story.

Just imagine how the final season will be. Will the white walkers get as far as King's Landing? I'm thinking yes.

I wonder if the Night's Watch will be forced to retreat at some point, or will other armies have to come forth to the wall. There's no way The Nights Watch, Stannis' army and the Wildlings can defeat that that force. For ever man lost, is a dead soldier gained.

Sober

Didn't Ducksauce brag about his vault being Valyrian Steel? I guess we can all take a trip back to Qarth in a season or two!

Jon

FUCKIN

SNOW

#TeamWolf

People talk about plot armor with him but he's the only Stark using his head.

Ned followed his heart instead of his head.......Dead
Robb followed his heart instead of using his head.......Dead and he got his mother killed in the process.

John has been tempted to follow his heart every season and has stepped back and done the smart thing every time.

Limit

Is that sigil on the royal white walker from one of the houses of seven kingdoms? Or is he repping his own thing entirely?

And ah mazing episode. I was already loving loving the Tyrion and Dany interactions but then the second half of the episode happened. I would have been completely satisfied if this is how this season ended. Hopefully it will be something equally as bombastic.

NolbertoS

Great episode. Those whitewalkers are something. I think the Whitewalkers ability is limited. They probably can burn out lamps, but freeze a whole body of water would be past there abilities. Or else the whitewalkers would've easily walked all the way to King's Landing. I still would like to know why the whitewalkers are coming back?? Didn't they state in previous episodes that its been a millenia or two since the last great war woth the whotewalkers and why the Ice Wall was created to prevent walkers and wildings to come south. Also seeing Tyrion and Dani are a great power duo. Loved the way she spoke about breaking the wheel.

Madrin

Unfucking believable episode. That was incredible. Better battle scene then all the hobbits put together

I liked the troll scenes. Them diving on him

That really is insane. Even just in terms of the CGI quality alone, one episode of GoT looked better than a blockbuster movie with a nearly $200 million budget.

I'm going out on a limb and saying LF is a secret agent for the Night King.

I mean he is souly responsible for the utter decimation of so much of the armies in Westeros. What if he was tasked by the Walkers to weaken the defenses as much as possible before they arrive. So what does he do? He sets the most powerful armies of the North against the most powerful of the South. He gains control of one of the other most powerful armies and will send them during a hard winter to fight in the North against 2 other larger armies. All the while he keeps KL in dissaray by pitting the Tyrells against the Lannisters and vice versa.

As he said in season 1 as Rose(?) the whore was finger slamming that other girl. He is not going to beat those in power, he is going to fuck them. What better way to fuck Westeros then to weaken it right before a MASSIVE army hits it during a hard winter.

Far fetched. But LF is not a good guy in this story.

He would see the whole kingdom burn if he could rule the ashes. Probably true for the opposite extreme as well.

Mother of god, I thought that I was watching a movie.

What a fantastic last segment. Jesus, I just love this whole plot of the dead vs. the living, while a bunch of other houses fight cluelessly for a throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom