• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Great episode. When the army of the dead / White Walkers attacked the camp, it makes you realize how insignificant and stupid all the other storylines are in comparison to the world potentially getting fucked. Seems like everyone else just has no idea.

Can someone gif the slow zoom in on the dead kids? That was creepy.

I kinda want to see that White Walker leader to take on the iron throne, and have the rest of the human armies band together to take him down. Although I don't think he cares very much for a throne :p

Dr.Acula

Banned
The Mormont family has history with Valyrian steel (that's where Jon got his sword), and old Valyria is filled with stone men, so the theory is Jorah goes into OV to somehow find the secret to creating more Valyrian steel.

Valyria is like 5000 miles away. How long does that disease take to kill, because it's gonna be a long time before anyone gets over there. It's like Vancouver to Tokyo.

But the show seems to play fast and loose with distances.

Roussow

maxresdefault.jpg

This scene just become much more plausible after this episode.
Sorry about quality.

What an episode my goodness!

Made me think of the other Swords. What if after the whole Sansa/Bolton thing is over and Briene knows about the white walkers and she takes another oath to protect the realms of men for the Nightswatch with her Valyrian steel sword "Oathkeeper".

Valyria is like 5000 miles away. How long does that disease take to kill, because it's gonna be a long time before anyone gets over there. It's like Vancouver to Tokyo.

But the show seems to play fast and loose with distances.

Pretty far from the wall, yes, but not super far from where Jorah is at the moment.

Disgraced

So, who has and where are all of the Valyrian steel swords again? Does Stannis have one? I thought he had one. I need a list of this.

So, who has and where are all of the Valyrian steel swords again? Does Stannis have one? I thought he had one. I need a list of this.

Jon - Longclaw
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Tommen - Widow's Wail
House Tarly (Sworn to House Tyrell) - Heartsbane
House Corbray (Sworn to House Arryn) - Lady Forlorn

Haven't seen or heard much of the last two though. There's also a few that have been lost over the years, whether in a battle or some other method.

Disgraced

What episode is this in?
The S2 finale, I believe.
Jon - Longclaw
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Tommen - Widow's Wail
House Tarly (Sworn to House Tyrell) - Heartsbane
House Corbray (Sworn to Houe Arryn) - Lady Forlorn

Haven't seen or heard much of the last two though. There's also a few that have been lost over the years, whether in a battle or some other method.
Sick, thanks. Feel like we need a larger, more comprehensive one though maybe since now it's like, way more relevant info than before. I could've sworn the Baratheons had one. Maybe that's just a book thing I heard about.

I hoped the blue eyed lady wasnt killed by letting those children eat her...seemed like her and Snow wouldve made a good couple 😍

Disgraced

So what do you guys think would be more effective, like 50 dudes with melted down Valyrian steel daggers or like 10 dudes with 10 V. steel swords? What about arrows? I bet you could make a lot of arrows with those swords.
isnt Arya's sword made of valyrian steel? the one she hid?
I think so!

Kimosabae

Banned
So checking this last page, it seems like the consensus has been that this season has been relatively weak up until now? I wasn't sure if my interest in the show was just waning or what. Just seemed like the most interesting dramatic beats kept getting held until the end of every episode. Maybe that's just what TV does today, I don't watch much of it.

In any case, yeah, this episode was awesome. Not just because of the last 20 minutes either - all those dramatic beats I mentioned finally took center stage the entire episode and it was all great.

Only thing that's annoying me right now is Arya. She's... not going the direction I hoped/expected. Maybe her path just isn't as linear as I'd like it to be.

Palpable

Was it ever explained what happened to Jon's uncle who was a Crow as well? He went out to scout or investigate some shit in season 1. Never heard from him again.

Lamel

Banned
The fight scene started off shaky as hell but then when Jon and the white walker motherfucker squared off it got so good. Seeing Jon on the floor bent over and spitting blood, I was legit scared.

That was an excellent episode, and the ending itself inspired so much fear. Damn.

Was it ever explained what happened to Jon's uncle who was a Crow as well? He went out to scout or investigate some shit in season 1. Never heard from him again.

Man, I bet that dude is part of the WW army, or one of the generals. They probably recruited him because he knows the lay of the lands (south) and how to attack Castle Black.

Lamel

Banned
Also when the first white walker showed up in the hut, I seriously thought it was Benjen Stark because of the hair/beard.

Palpable

Also when the first white walker showed up in the hut, I seriously thought it was Benjen Stark because of the hair/beard.

Every time I see a WW with that look, I think they'll hint at it being Benjen. I suppose his fate is something that wont ever come up.

Zaptruder

Banned
What's masterful about the deaths in GoT is that they let you know that no death is trivial. People have plot armor - but you don't know who, because anyone can die for any reason.

So you get situations like tonight, where Jon Snow, the hero that's been built up for seasons is in his most dangerous situation yet, and it's not a foregone conclusion that he'll make it out.

And that's what keeps the entire fight so incredibly tense and awesome - you could see GoT offing well loved characters for impact, because that's what's already been done.

Great battle scene, if a bit confusing to pick out who was fighting who. But gave our first real look at the scope of the WW army. I was pretty disappointed that the female clan leader got taken out, the actress did a great job, but we all knew as soon as her kids got put on the boat that they were crossing the wall alone. I'm actually surprised the giant made it though.

If they had to leave all the dragonglass behind, how much can they really have left at Castle Black? It's not like Sam brought back a wagon full of the stuff.

Olly seems up to something, encouraged by more of Sam's misguided advice (sometimes a man has to take actions that seem wrong to other people). Last time he listened to Sam, Olly killed my girl Ygritte. He's probably going to try to take out Jon this time, or one of the wildling leaders like Tormund.

Brienne's going to end up with one of the only valyrian steel swords in the north. Bet that will come in handy soon.

Great battle scene, if a bit confusing to pick out who was fighting who. But gave our first real look at the scope of the WW army. I was pretty disappointed that the female clan leader got taken out, the actress did a great job, but we all knew as soon as her kids got put on the boat that they were crossing the wall alone. I'm actually surprised the giant made it though.

If they had to leave all the dragonglass behind, how much can they really have left at Castle Black? It's not like Sam brought back a wagon full of the stuff.

Olly seems up to something, encouraged by more of Sam's misguided advice (sometimes a man has to take actions that seem wrong to other people). Last time he listened to Sam, Olly killed my girl Ygritte. He's probably going to try to take out Jon this time, or one of the wildling leaders like Tormund.

Brienne's going to end up with one of the only valyrian steel swords in the north. Bet that will come in handy soon.

Dragon Stone (Stannis home) is full of dragon glass.

KevinRo

What's masterful about the deaths in GoT is that they let you know that no death is trivial. People have plot armor - but you don't know who, because anyone can die for any reason.

So you get situations like tonight, where Jon Snow, the hero that's been built up for seasons is in his most dangerous situation yet, and it's not a foregone conclusion that he'll make it out.

And that's what keeps the entire fight so incredibly tense and awesome - you could see GoT offing well loved characters for impact, because that's what's already been done.

FUCK. YES. THIS.

When the fight ended I was doing air boxing punching the sky. SO GOOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom