• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
So why did the cool fighting lady just decide to get eaten again? Yes they were kids and she's a mom but come on. She still could've seen her kids after the fight. That didn't cross her mind?

So why did the cool fighting lady just decide to get eaten again? Yes they were kids and she's a mom but come on. She still could've seen her kids after the fight. That didn't cross her mind?

It clearly put her off guard. I mean even I was pretty jarred by that scene. Fucking creepy children.

DoubleYou

Viva+mantequilla+_9ec6738b0c6fc1ee53d28b1f98282b74.jpg

I was waiting for this sound when the white walker raised his arms.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

She couldn't handle the shock. I was shocked watching it

Because Moomommmommmssss™ lose all rationality when anything involves Children™ , haven't you paid attention to this show?

If a lady gets children in the GOT show/world, they have a major rationality relapse & do things such as feeding themselves to the cute child zombies.

Gandalf

What a fantastic episode. Not just the battle at the end, but the interaction between Tyrion and Dany was great too. Can't wait for next week!

pantsmith

To be fair she was a Mom™ clearly she'd completely abandon all and any rationality & just take it the moment Kids™ come into the picture.

The other implication here is that she realized what became of all of the children given away North of the Wall. It was a common tradition to give up newborns in exchange for being left alone - I imagine as one of the leaders seeing your own demise punctuated by your own tradition and lost young is fairly traumatizing.

Skux

It would be tough though. Imagine having to fight a terrifying undead army, and then seeing your best friend, face half-rotted away, running at you with a rusty axe. Then you remember you had to leave him behind after he got lost in the woods, and you could have stopped him turning into the wretched creature he is now.

rhino4evr

Guess I'm in the minority who thought this episode sucked too. Awful season so far.

If you thought this episode "sucked", maybe it's time to give this show a rest. The episode was firing on all cylinders , and I'm not just talking about the action sequence (which was the best in the series)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It would be tough though. Imagine having to fight a terrifying undead army, and then seeing your best friend, face half-rotted away, running at you with a rusty axe. Then you remember you had to leave him behind after he got lost in the woods, and you could have stopped him turning into the wretched creature he is now.

Thats in every zombie movie and tv show ever made. lol

effzee

Besides the amazing battle, the other stuff was amazing as well.

They packed a lot into this episode.

Is it me or did Cersei and guy who came to see her imply the Mountain is almost ready to be back in action? That storyline is going to wrap with the zombie Mountain killing all of the Faith.

I would have liked to have seen Tommen. Oh well can't fit it all.

EYEL1NER

Jon - Longclaw
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Tommen - Widow's Wail
House Tarly (Sworn to House Tyrell) - Heartsbane
House Corbray (Sworn to House Arryn) - Lady Forlorn

Haven't seen or heard much of the last two though. There's also a few that have been lost over the years, whether in a battle or some other method.
Not really a sword or a named weapon but there should be a valyrian dagger floating around in Winterfell. I decided to watch a couple season one episodes today. The dagger they took off the body of the assassin who tried to kill Bran in episode 2 had a valyrian blade. I have to imagine that is still around somewhere (unless Cate took it with her to try to prove that the Lannisters were behind it all, in which case it could be anywhere, I gotta watch more of the season to see if she took it with her). Edit: nvm I guess. The dagger was brought to King's Landing at the beginning of episode three and was shown to Varis and Littlefinger. Guess it's not in Winterfell anymore.

Man, I forgot how unlikable Sansa was in the beginning too. Getting Micah and her wolf Lady killed all because she wanted to marry Joffrey...

Curufinwe

Guys, make your Olly predictions:

They're building him up as a wild card -- what's Olly's end game purpose this season?

This is partially based on the preview so it's in spoilers.

In the preview you see Thorne acting like he won't let Jon and the wildlings in, so I think Olly will defy Thorne and open the gate.

JQub3d

Banned
With the amount of crazy things that happened this episode, this show has taught me the most important was the chat between Sam and the kid. That's all I can think about. Talk about nasty foreshadowing - this is like the third or forth time he's brought up his slaughtered village.

I really, really hope after escaping that battle the season doesn't end with the kid pulling an Omar.

inevitability

The Cowboy

Just finished watching and WOW, just WOW!!!.

The stuff with Tyrion as per the usual was great, but that ending battle was just incredible, it was so epic and over the top it was easily one of my favourite battle scenes of the show (right up there with the Battle of the Blackwater for me).

The final scene from above with the army on the land with the single boat drifting away in silence was an incredible shot, great GREAT episode.

a916

I wonder if this was a call back to the first scene of Game of Thrones. Looks like the same character to me.

Season 1, episode 1.

Season 6, episode 8

I don't remember the exact words but he made it sound like this blacksmith was one of a kind since he knew how to reforge Valyrian steel.

We've also seen how powerful Brienn's sword is. She cut through a solid tree trunk and then she shattered someone's sword.

It was mentioned in the S4 extras in the Valyrian Steel special that while the secrets of forging new Valyrian Steel have been long forgotten, there exist a few people that can reshape a Valyrian sword.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
It was mentioned in the S4 extras in the Valyrian Steel special that while the secrets of forging new Valyrian Steel have been long forgotten, there exist a few people that can reshape a Valyrian sword.

What else is made with valyrian steel?

I remember Stark's giant execution sword was melted for something...

huh? Is this hypothetical?

Holy shit, what a great episode.

Just everything in the final scene had me squealing like the fanboy I am. The whitewalker at the end starring up Jon being all big dick. The four Whitewalkers on the horses staring down from off the cliff. The giant smashing and throwing around skeleton warriors. Jon fighting the Whitewalker. I didn't realise my dick was out until the credits started rolling.

What a way to remember why I watch this show because the rest of this season has really made me worry. As long as they keep doing the cool shit I will always keep watching.

Ruruja

Hoooooooly shit! Best episode yet.

To think that was just a TV show episode... absolute madness.

What a time to be alive.

Also I liked that wildling lady, was hoping she'd stick around (without blue eyes anyways).

Does anyone know the actress?

EDIT: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen

Symphonia

Banned
That episode must of been hella expensive to make. Best episode in the season (so far) and probably one of the best episodes of them all. The four horsemen gave me genuine chills, and then Jon's swordfight with the one was just amazing. Snow living up to his title of Lord Commander. Fuck, I can't wait a whole goddamn week.

iNvid02

couldnt stay up to watch this yesterday but everyone was saying it was the best episode in a long time, holy shit they weren't kidding - 5cc fantasy injection right there.

jon vs icy geralt of rivia, what more can you ask for.

embrace the lord of light or pray to the dragons otherwise yer fucked

Crazy crazy crazy episode. That's how zombies are done. I've attempted a few times to watch TWD only to be incredibly disappointed. Everything else pales in comparison to this show.

Sansa, finally finds out that Bran and Rikkon are alive.

Arya on her way to being an assassin.

What? Are they seriously trying to get me to sympathize with Cersei? Damn. For a brief moment there...

Tyrion and Dany. Not enough compliments can be given to Peter Dinklage. That man man raises everyone's talent he's paired up with.

That end battle. Unfreakinbelievable! I watch the show with my wife who usually sits silent with the occasional comment here or there. I've never seen her so excited or tense during a scene. It was awesome. I got so wrapped up in the fact that Long Claw stopped the White Walkers blade, that I then completely MISSED the fact Jon killed the White Walker. What a moment. And what was even more amazing, is that other then the Wilding mom, everyone important made it out when it looked like many wouldn't.

couldnt stay up to watch this yesterday but everyone was saying it was the best episode in a long time, holy shit they weren't kidding - 5cc fantasy injection right there.

jon vs icy geralt of rivia, what more can you ask for.

embrace the lord of light or pray to the dragons otherwise yer fucked

Seriously, did you see the look on Jon's face?

You can't stop that, nothing on Westeros has the capability to even remotely stop that wave of death. Once they find a way to travel past the wall (they can't touch it, Children of the Forest put that magic shit in it) it's going to be GG unless Danny and her Dragons come in as support.

My theory. You have a huge army of the dead that is ranging in the tens of thousands at this point, to maybe 100K. Fuck going through the gate, you can literally make a wall of dead and scale over the wall and just rain down death over it to open the gate on the other side. Or they are literally waiting for Winter and can't survive in other climates, and once the seas freeze over they are just going to walk around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom