• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes down to his honesty. It broke that trust. What's to say he won't hide something else from her down the line? He didn't tell her out of shame, he didn't confide in her until she MADE HIM. That is not honorable, that is not trustworthy. He fucked up and she can no longer trust him without second guessing everything he says. I get that you want happy endings for everything, but she can't risk that for someone she can't trust.

It's not about honesty. Making her look weak? Two of her most important advisors were Barristan Selmy and now Tyrion Lannister. She's responded to the Harpys assassinations of her people by reopening the slave pits and marrying one of the masters. She's messing around with shit across the sea despite the fact that Westeros has never been more ripe for the taking. She looks weak enough through her own actions.

My issue with Dany is that she's never shown any ability to take care of the people closest to her. She stood back and watched her own brother killed--who was vile as shit yes, but family, and protected her. She threw Jorah to the bushes. She's locked her own kids in the basement.

Team Stannis

Stannis King!

JB1981

Man Stannis is so fucked. I'm assuming the big battle in the snow that Melisandre alluded to might involve the Knights of the Vale, Stannis army, Wildlings, Knight's Watch, Bolton's men and Walkers?

LevelNth

Banned
I guess so.

It irks me that this big baddie has moved virtually zero miles since season one and now all of a sudden is shown to be really damned fast. Not to mention they can add to their numbers in seconds, don't need a supply line, etc.
Have you missed the whole point that the White Walkers descent south correlates with the coming of winter? It's never been explicitly stated but I assume they only do so as winter comes, so it all makes perfect sense.

Jorah's storyline really needs to wrap up this season, and I imagine it will.

That final scene was fucking crazy. The action was shot well enough (better than the sand snakes fight certainly) and some of the imagery was just fantastic. It was truly impressive for a TV show.

mantidor

My issue with Dany is that she's never shown any ability to take care of the people closest to her. She stood back and watched her own brother killed--who was vile as shit yes, but family, and protected her. She threw Jorah to the bushes. She's locked her own kids in the basement.

Her brother was an ass he never protected her at all, he used her and was dumb enough to not see she was more than a prop and was beginning to be important to Drogo.

Chaining her dragons shows she does care about people, because she was heartbroken but she had to do it.

She is a very immature ruler without a doubt but she cares a lot for her people, the close ones and the common people alike.

Jackpot

Banned
I predict that when Ramsay leads his raid against Stannis Melly Sanders sees him but does nothing in order to allow Stannis's daughter to be killed rather than killing her herself.

Melon Husk

It's because he kept it a secret from her. He didn't trust her, and Tyrion basically explained it in his advice. It was hard advice to give but it was his first act at being her advisor that needed to be taken. If he'd softballed it she would have killed them both.

Would Jorah have told her about the stone skin infection? Of course not. Accepting Tyrion's advice was the wisest thing she could have done.

Jarnet87

I predict that when Ramsay leads his raid against Stannis Melly Sanders sees him but does nothing in order to allow Stannis's daughter to be killed rather than killing her herself.

Ramsay and 20 hand picked soldiers gonna take them all out.

tumblr_n52yogxxcP1qcurgyo2_500.gif

Return of Ramsay in battle, the hype is real.

What an amazing episode.. Jon Snow da real MVP.

I honestly thought JS was about to do the most gangster shit i've seen on TV by jumping back to water (from that boat,after the other dude raised al the dead), swimming towards the shore and whoop that frozen wrinkly ass of that walker general with that sword
kHYAB85.png

This was me the entire fight
1093966.gif

Ramsay reminds me of Bronn. Didn't Bronn tell Tyrion " give me 20 good men and some spiked shoes and I'll penetrate the bitch. " in response to Tyrionn saying no army has penetrated the walls of the Vale? Something like that.

Ramsay is probably going just to break the moral of the army even more then it already is. He isn't going to try and kill everyone. That's just dumb. I really hope real bad things happen to him but doubtful

I agree with you Future Phaze, Dany's motivations again Jorah are daft.

lol I mean pretty much everyone worth a shit besides Grey Worm have been people who've had a part in her families downfall but she wants to go by the book now on a guy who was actually there BEFORE she had dragons and was worth some shit?

like ok, I can accept her wanting to be that way, but then turning around and trusting Tyrion is fucking hilarious--dude killed his own father and was present for 90% of the fukkery that happened to the Starks

...but jorah sold some secrets that went straight to Varys and Tyrion doe

cant have that

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jorah will tourney fight his way out of the friend zone to finally get a little embracing from Danny and accidentally give her stoneman's disease.

Gotta wonder if the Others know about the dragons. They'd have to know that they have a chance at getting completely bodied by them with no real way to defend themselves. Wonder what they have up their sleeve to defend against it.

Yeah I was suspect of him the moment they started getting on that boat.

the thing that bothers me is that there was still a boat left there to begin with. With million wildlings freaking out and trying to bolt, I would assume every boat would definitely be gone, even if they had to kill someone trying to protect one and keep it there for Jon

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just caught up.

I'm in awe.

But what is more amazing is that historically speaking Episode 9 is the one when SHIT GOES DOWN. Ned's beheading, the battle of the Blackwater, the red wedding and the assault on Black Castle all happened at the ninth episode of their respective seasons. If the tradition holds...

Bruhs. Hold me, bruhs.

takriel

I just caught up.

I'm in awe.

But what is more amazing is that historically speaking Episode 9 is the one when SHIT GOES DOWN. Ned's beheading, the battle of the Blackwater, the red wedding and the assault on Black Castle all happened at the ninth episode of their respective seasons. If the tradition holds...

Bruhs. Hold me, bruhs.
Yeah well it's not hard to guess what it will be. The Boltons (Ramsay elite troup) versus Stannis.

Curufinwe

Yes.

It's more than a little disturbing that he's fostered such an obsessive romantic love for a girl that's literally young enough to be his granddaughter and whom he basically raised as such.

Do you know what their ages are supposed to be on the show? Cause the actors themselves are 53 and 28.

rhino4evr

I'll be real pissed if little farmer boy kills Jon snow. Considering they have revisited his characters motivations , I think it will be highly possible.

the thing that bothers me is that there was still a boat left there to begin with. With million wildlings freaking out and trying to bolt, I would assume every boat would definitely be gone, even if they had to kill someone trying to protect one and keep it there for Jon

Jon told one of the Night's Watch to return for them.

takriel

I'll be real pissed if little farmer boy kills Jon snow. Considering they have revisited his characters motivations , I think it will be highly possible.
Yes I thought that as well. But Jon has become too important to kill off. Then again, it is GoT after all...

I just caught up.

I'm in awe.

Bruhs. Hold me, bruhs.

Yeah but last season shit happen all throughout it. And wasn't it episode 10 that was the big one last year?

But yeah...things are crazy. And if that wasn't the big episode...wow.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I hope the surviving Night's Watch members that went to Hardhome help show how right Jon was. There's no way anyone can disagree with him now that they saw the horror that is the White Walkers first hand.

Yeah but last season shit happen all throughout it. And wasn't it episode 10 that was the big one last year?

But yeah...things are crazy. And if that wasn't the big episode...wow.

Last year insane shit was happeneing all season.

But specifically, Episode 8 was Trial by combat, Episode 9 was a whole episode for Castle Black and Episode 10 was wrapping the resolutions of those two episodes.

Yes.

It's more than a little disturbing that he's fostered such an obsessive romantic love for a girl that's literally young enough to be his granddaughter and whom he basically raised as such.

I didn't know there was that much of an age difference. It definitely doesn't show with the actors in the show imo. How old are they both supposed to be?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Holyfuck man...just...wow!! One of the best episodes of game of thrones ever. Completely unexpected. That shit was like watching a game of thrones movie. Blown away. Nothing is gonna top that this season but I'm cool with that.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yes.

This is so absurd.

Firstly, there's no strong evidence that the love/care is romantic.

Secondly, even if it were romantic, I'd shake my damned head at this contrived puritanism.

Thirdly, it'd be more disturbing if he exhibited these feelings towards some beautiful he didn't have such a storied history with. In fact, I'd find it more disturbing if any man in Jorah's position didn't develop some form of strong emotional attachment to Dany; romantic or otherwise.

FStubbs

I hope the surviving Night's Watch members that went to Hardhome help show how right Jon was. There's no way anyone can disagree with him now that they saw the horror that is the White Walkers first hand.

I hardly think Ser Alliser will agree easily if at all.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Great episode.

I really hope Cersei survives this season, the show wouldn't be the same without Lena Headey.

I'm not a book reader so I'm guessing, but the Stannis stans need to make peace with the fact that he is DONE. Ramsay is gonna wipe him out, and although I prefer Stannis to Ramsay, I hope Ramsay survives that battle.

Why? Because I want Sansa to stand up and be the one to end Ramsay. I'm hoping she drives that corkscrew she picked up a couple of episodes ago straight into his neck, I will SCREAM if that happens.

King Hippo

Neo Member
What an episode. Without a doubt 10/10, it was perfect.

I know we could complete the sentence, "If I was in that scenario, I would..." a million times.. But it would have been such a good idea for Jon to pick up the White Walker's weapon that it dropped. Not only does it have the power to break metal weapons and help him escape, but if he brought it back to Castle Black, there would be no way anyone would not take the situation seriously with evidence like that.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The CGI was incredible in this episode.

Surpassed any skeleton/undead CGI I've seen in any film. The White Walkers looked and behaved in a genuinely frightening way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom