• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risgroo

In Today's Game of Thrones

Jon Snow
tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o2_250.gif

Necromancer
tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o3_250.gif

(replace car with wildlings)
tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o5_250.gif

tumblr_n0hlomi7wY1tnddzto4_500.jpg

But how can you rule without devotion?
oHoqTnP.gif

This is BRAZIL HARDHOME

Siegcram

So either the reanimated Lord of Bones is a zombie wearing a skeleton or a bunch of interconnected zombies.

Either way, he is potentially the greatest undead of all time and I demand he shows up again.

I have a feeling that Olly is going to go against Jon's orders and Jon is going to have cut his head off.

Na, Olly is going to do something more stupid.

Did you see the way he looked at the food he gave to Sam? Olly totally hatched an idea to poison Jon, as he has direct access to his food.

So my guess is Olly is going to fuck up and Jon is still going to have to kill him. Unless of course we kill off Jon in one of the most anticlimactic ways possible.

The Hermit

I just realized that this is The first time in the entire show that something happens the way most people wanted. No monkey paw shit ( yet), the good guy everyone likes prevails against a very strong foe plus he sword is officially badass.

Nedd Stark - beheaded
Robb - butchered with his entire family
Obery - head exploded
Jon - DESTROYED A WHITE WILKER.

And I was so sure he was going to die this EP, after Sam said "he always come back".

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I just realized that this is The first time in the entire show that something happens the way most people wanted. No monkey paw shit ( yet), the good guy everyone likes prevails against a very strong foe plus he sword is officially badass.

Nedd Stark - beheaded
Robb - butchered with his entire family
Obery - head exploded
Jon - DESTROYED A WHITE WILKER.

And I was so sure he was going to die this EP, after Sam said "he always come back".

I screamed at my surface when Snow sliced him. It was the best.

JB1981

I actually thought the action was shot like shit. Edited to hell, very choppy, couldn't see what the fuck was going on. The assault on the Wall was much better done

Radec

Just saw the episode.. meh..

holy fucking shit, those white walkers doesn't give a fuck!

Amazing episode.

That shot of the mountain looked like they are the four horsemen. :O

Skux

It was kind of strange Daario wasn't there when Jorah and Tyrion were before the Queen.

As far as everyone else is concerned, Daario is just a captain of a bunch of the Second Sons. It would be weird having him there (and fuel suspicions that him and Dany were banging).

Would have been awesome though to have Jorah and Daario leer at each other from across the throne room.

I actually thought the action was shot like shit. Edited to hell, very choppy, couldn't see what the fuck was going on. The assault on the Wall was much better done

Ehh, to a degree I agree. It wasn't all that clear, lots of shaky cam, but I have to be fair and consider that we're dealing with fucking undead that are sprinting and just swinging like crazy. You can't have everyone trained to try to skillfully dodge and know how to properly getting fake hit. It's not a movie, yet it looked like any movie I've seen in the past 10 years with zombie shit like that.

I saw some rough sudden cuts a few times, but I can let it slide due to just how fucking insane the whole set and scene was.

Lots of extras doing lots of CQC, getting clear shots would probably make the scene look like Sand Snakes 2.0

Melon Husk

Legit surprised that the Ice King didn't start walking across the water while freezing it, creating a frozen bridge for his army to come fuck up the fleet.

I too expected him to freeze the waves and start running, or raise a gust of wind and topple the boat. Credit to the writers, they made me question Jon's survival chances.

So they did nothing while Jon and company rowed at 0.01 mph why?

That dinky boat really didn't go anywhere in those few minutes. In fact they were sliding forwards without even rowing.

Now to play the game of who's-going-to-die-in-Episode-9. Jorah can't die as it would be a waste of time to kill him in an arena fight just after saving him. It's probable that someone in King's Landing, Winterfell or The Wall could die. Those with obvious plot armor excluded. The Bolton family are unstable at the moment so anything might happen. I don't see Sansa killing anyone by her own hand.

What will almost certainly happen is Brienne will ambush Ramsay as she's perfectly set up camp outside, waiting. The trial will play out too and someone won't be happy with the final judgement. They haven't been explicitly clear on the nature of punishments. Tommen will learn new things about his mother. It would be brutal if she refuses to confess out of love for his son. It was satisfying enough to see Cersei lick the floor.

They won't show Bran until Episode 10, again. He'll have grown again. And he won't do anything notable, again. Obvious what creature they're saving him for to warg into. If they ever kill Bran, he'll live as a dragon. His character arc has been so boring he deserves something great.

So either the reanimated Lord of Bones is a zombie wearing a skeleton or a bunch of interconnected zombies.

Either way, he is potentially the greatest undead of all time and I demand he shows up again.

nito_fb_2075353.jpg

Venture

How great was it when Tormund just starts beating the living crap out of the Lord of Bones? I actually let out a little laugh. I'd forgotten about that with all the action that followed.

Legit surprised that the Ice King didn't start walking across the water while freezing it, creating a frozen bridge for his army to come fuck up the fleet.

Maybe the water area was too warm for special WW magic.

They clearly don't like warm shit, that ocean wind might have brought in some warm(in comparison to the ground/mountain) air to prevent that avalanche death shit.

Westeros needs a weather man god damn it. We need to see the Jet Stream in action and how the White Walkers are going to use it for their advantage!

Qurupeke

Btw, why there was a hooded guy on the boat that Jon Snow was boarded to? I was expecting him to be a zombie/whitewalker until the end.

JackelZXA

Jon. Always. Comes. Back.

Holy shit this is seriously the best episode the show has had. We finally get white walkers and it *actually* manages to live up to expectations. Jon lost the Dragon Glass (Save one shard and apparently a kickass sword) only to get half the wildlings and a Giant. I feel like the next step will be figuring out a way to create swords that can stand up to the white walkers. (Is it the stone islands that valerium came from?)

It seems like Bron took a whole season off. Feels like his character is in hybernation.

Tyrion + Danny = biggest fanservice pairing of all. Oh my gosh I cannot believe how EXCITED I AM to see where the Danny plot goes now.

I wonder where Jorah's storyline will go. It feels like he's in a weird spot now. He seemed to accept his banishment, but now he wants to fight in the pits? No idea there.

Sansa finding out about her brothers being alive seems real major. Ramsey confronting Stannis soon? That seems wild. Maybe it will lead to an accident with Stannis's daughter where the sacrifice to the lord of light will feel like mercy. There's no other way he'd follow through with it unless she was doomed anyways. I wonder what will happen wtih Brienne.

I'm also curious if there are any storylines that will not be continued in the next 2 episodes...Cercie's story seems like it's going to accelerate hard and fast. I feel like her son will just wither away and something will happen to her daughter.

Nameless

The first couple of minutes of the assault featured especially quick cuts and shaky camera work, which I thought succeeded in showing just how inhumanly ravenous and brutal the Wights are in combat. But things became less disorienting pretty quickly.

Granted, I haven't even had the chance to wash the dried jizz off my chest yet so this could change in time, but based off initial impressions this was the best battle the show has done to date, and it came out of fucking nowhere.

this_guy

What an episode my goodness!

Made me think of the other Swords. What if after the whole Sansa/Bolton thing is over and Briene knows about the white walkers and she takes another oath to protect the realms of men for the Nightswatch with her Valyrian steel sword "Oathkeeper".

That means the realms of men are fucked.

Kimosabae

Banned
Theon commenting on how deserving he is of his current fate implies that he isn't as brainwashed as he seemed, I think. There was a part of him looking to separate himself from his past all along. That's pretty interesting.

Still can't really make sense of the action sequence towards the end in terms of geography. Are the docks between the mountains and the gate? Why did everyone at the gates turn first? Like, what?

I would have preferred it if Jon spent a few episodes in Hardhome and struggled a bit more in flipping the Wildling's axes. One episode seems a little too quick for a social phenomenon such as that.

mujun

That was a great ep!

Didn't like the way the Walkers decided to rock up right in the middle of the meeting of the thanes, though.

The show is relying a lot on silly coincidences this season.

That was a great ep!

Didn't like the way the Walkers decided to rock up right in the middle of the meeting of the thanes, though.

I don't think that was a coincidence that they attacked when the Lord Commander showed up.

They probably saw the ships coming and knew what was going down.

Nameless

That was a great ep!

Given everything we've seen from the White Walkers chances are it was no accident. They were watching Hardhome and decided to attack before any more 'recruits' left.

mujun

I don't think that was a coincidence that they attacked when the Lord Commander showed up.

I guess so.

It irks me that this big baddie has moved virtually zero miles since season one and now all of a sudden is shown to be really damned fast. Not to mention they can add to their numbers in seconds, don't need a supply line, etc.

im still having a hard time getting over danys anger towards jorah

" Jorah did sell secrets to the man that I'm pretty sure has been secretly keeping you safe these years, nevermind the fact that I'm the brother of the man who killed your father of course....so.....exile"

I just don't really get it. If she's afraid to go back on her word...well she's already done that in Mereen by threatening to kill the masters and then marrying one of them. Selmy fukin oversaw the protection of Robert after FAILING her father and was behind sending some of the sell swords after her and Viserys.

I just dislike her quite a bit over the Jorah thing and I don't think I can get over it

Siegcram

Why wouldn't they attack when all leaders of the wildlings and even the Night's Watch are there? Especially since they were trapped against a coast line.

JackelZXA

Given everything we've seen from the White Walkers chances are it was no accident. They were watching Hardhome and decided to attack before any more 'recruits' left.

Yeah, I get the feeling that the Walkers had been lurking the settlement in a "They'll grow weak from hunger soon" sort of way, and Jon's intervention forced their hand.

" Jorah did sell secrets to the man that I'm pretty sure has been secretly keeping you safe these years, nevermind the fact that I'm the brother of the man who killed your father of course....so.....exile"

I just don't really get it. If she's afraid to go back on her word...well she's already done that in Mereen by threatening to kill the masters and then marrying one of them. Selmy fukin oversaw the protection of Robert after FAILING her father and was behind sending some of the sell swords after her and Viserys.

I just dislike her quite a bit over the Jorah thing and I don't think I can get over it

It's because he kept it a secret from her. He didn't trust her, and Tyrion basically explained it in his advice. It was hard advice to give but it was his first act at being her advisor that needed to be taken. If he'd softballed it she would have killed them both.

I guess so.

It irks me that this big baddie has moved virtually zero miles since season one and now all of a sudden is shown to be really damned fast. Not to mention they can add to their numbers in seconds, don't need a supply line, etc.

They have been moving, just not beyond the wall. I have a feeling they cannot march south until Winter, so they've been marching across the northern lands killing wildlings as they went, until the wildlings were "corralled" into that last village. It's the story you didnt "see" but were "told of" to build dread.

I guess so.

Zero miles? They have been roaming around The North for the past five seaons. They took The Fist of the First man.

They can't move down south till winter hits. There is a reason the last time they were in Westeros was thousands of years ago during the last decade long winter. No reason to alert the world and invade Castle Black when they can't even make it past Winterfell at this time.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

I think Jon has some of what ever Brad Pitt had in world war z which causes walls of zombies to appear where ever they go.

rhino4evr

May have been asked, but did they leave ALL the dragon glass in the hut?

From the conversation with the elders it sounded like they only brought some as an offering to tempt them to join.

really loved how the giant actually lived--so cliche of him to go down with the fort...but nah, fuck dat, just gonna literally walk through the ocean like a boss

Caleranatior

Neo Member

It all got a bit messy after the Wights first got over/through the gate, but actually I think it was quite a good technique to demonstrate the utter chaos happening.

It's because he kept it a secret from her. He didn't trust her, and Tyrion basically explained it in his advice. It was hard advice to give but it was his first act at being her advisor that needed to be taken. If he'd softballed it she would have killed them both.

I don't really buy it. Look at a mans actions--saved her from the poison, helped her get from nothing to something--she wasn't shit without his help back in the Dothraki situation, and she's been accepting traitors into her company ever since without any one of them doing a damn thing for her until she was worth something

jorah was there when she wasn't shit and has proven his loyalty 10x over

mujun

They have been moving, just not beyond the wall. I have a feeling they cannot march south until Winter, so they've been marching across the northern lands killing wildlings as they went, until the wildlings were "corralled" into that last village. It's the story you didnt "see" but were "told of" to build dread.

They mentioned that they were taking out Wildling settlements one by one?

I guess the part about them being stuck in the north until winter comes makes sense. They just seem like they've been a little neglected as a plot point up until now.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

I think she initially was so upset because she trusted him completely as a friend and he kept his earlier betrayal a secret. It wasn't the plotting, more that he never came clean. Now she wants to take him back but can't because it will make her look weak.

I loved the part where Tyrion nonchalantly dropped "oh and I think he is in love with you".

JackelZXA

I don't really buy it. Look at a mans actions--saved her from the poison, helped her get from nothing to something--she wasn't shit without his help back in the Dothraki situation, and she's been accepting traitors into her company ever since without any one of them doing a damn thing for her until she was worth something

jorah was there when she wasn't shit and has proven his loyalty 10x over

It comes down to his honesty. It broke that trust. What's to say he won't hide something else from her down the line? He didn't tell her out of shame, he didn't confide in her until she MADE HIM. That is not honorable, that is not trustworthy. He fucked up and she can no longer trust him without second guessing everything he says. I get that you want happy endings for everything, but she can't risk that for someone she can't trust. I like Jorah too, but he made a BIG fuckup and he can't take it back. :(

They mentioned that they were taking out Wildling settlements one by one?

I guess the part about them being stuck in the north until winter comes makes sense. They just seem like they've been a little neglected as a plot point up until now.

Okay I embellished slightly, but the Wildlings have been fleeing the White Walkers for a while. It's just that it hasn't been important to the events south of the wall, as it's been spring, summer, and fall during the show so far. Now that winter is here, the walkers are going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom