• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stunt doubles for "Game of Thrones"
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/389fej/stunt_doubles_for_game_of_thrones/

rRyMvDT.jpg

Stunt Dany is a better Dany than real Dany.

is that the girl from Broad City?

From Kit in regards to the battle..

It was three to four weeks of shooting for a sequence that should add up to [more than] 20 minutes,” Kit shared to Entertainment Weekly. “We shot less than a minute a day! It’s so CGI-heavy it’s unlike anything I’ve ever done on Thrones. I’ve always been proud of the way Thrones doesn’t go overboard with special effects, but in this sequence they had to.

For a little background on the Night's King Season 2 of the History & Lore feature covered him a bit(narrated by Ygritte) :

https://youtu.be/a2TQHjo3xzQ

The piece on Valyrian Steel from last season is worth a watch too(narrated by Jorah Mormont):

https://youtu.be/0_o9jpKYgYc

I actually just watched this last night and wanted to mention the speculation that Dragon fire was used to make Valyrian steel but PM'd Cornballer first to make sure it wasn't against thread rules.

Currently on Season 3 of the lore. Some really awesome stuff and I love that it's narrated by cast members.

Loakum

Banned
I was just watching episode #8 again...and I just realized how fucked Cersei is...Grand Maester Pycelle. He refused to go see Cersei in prison. We know he knows about all of Cersei's devious schemes through the years. Not to mention, she's been treating him like shit for the last 3 seasons.......she's so fucked.

XyaWfqZl.jpg

I was just watching episode #8 again...and I just realized how fucked Cersei is...Grand Maester Pycelle. He refused to go see Cersei in prison. We know he knows about all of Cersei's devious schemes through the years. Not to mention, she's been treating him like shit for the last 3 seasons.......she's so fucked.

XyaWfqZl.jpg

That lore video on Valeryan steel made me notice the chain link of the maesters which are made from from it.

KPJZKC

I will be quite suprised if that Theon moment ever comes - he's been shattered.

Despite his use of some, Mr. Martin seems to enjoy subverting a lot of tropes/traditionally expected things in fantasy literature. In this case, the predictable/heroic/fantasy thing would be Theon redeeming himself (not that he might not redeem himself in some small way, but I'll be extremely surprised if it's the sort of Gladiator way mentioned above).

Donos

Theon waits for a moment when it's 150 % clear that he can fuck up Ramsay for good. 99 % won't be enough. He fears Ramsays wit way to much.

Vashetti

Banned

XyaWfqZl.jpg

You misinterpreted that scene.

Qyburn tells her that Pycelle has called for Kevan to return to the city and he is now residing over the Small Council.

Kevan is the one Cersei requests to see but he won't come.

THRILLH0

Banned

Despite his use of some, Mr. Martin seems to enjoy subverting a lot of tropes/traditionally expected things in fantasy literature. In this case, the predictable/heroic/fantasy thing would be Theon redeeming himself (not that he might not redeem himself in some small way, but I'll be extremely surprised if it's the sort of Gladiator way mentioned above).

I know deep inside :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Local newspapers are saying that a bunch of scenes of the next season will be filmed at some new Spanish locations around the coast, more precisely Girona and Peñíscola.

The old quarter of Girona can be seen in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (amazing film, BTW).

4RO0AVP.jpg

takriel

Local newspapers are saying that a bunch of scenes of the next season will be filmed at some new Spanish locations around the coast, more precisely Girona and Peñíscola.

The old quarter of Girona can be seen in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (amazing film, BTW).

4RO0AVP.jpg
More of Dorne then?

takriel

I can see Theon being "reborn" through the Iron Island's drowning procedure, leaving Reek to die and being reborn as Theon. Of course that would have to mean that he manages to return there at some point...

edit: sorry for the double post!

Gnome

I can see Theon being "reborn" through the Iron Island's drowning procedure, leaving Reek to die and being reborn as Theon.

edit: sorry for the double post!

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Theon tried to become "reborn" and ends up just straight killing himself instead.

Loakum

Banned
You misinterpreted that scene.

Qyburn tells her that Pycelle has called for Kevan to return to the city and he is now residing over the Small Council.

Kevan is the one Cersei requests to see but he won't come.

Are ya sure? Cersei should know that Kevan wouldn't want to see her. He made it pretty clear what he thinks about her already. Also, it's pretty obvious Pycelle sees this as an opportunity to be rid of Cersi. I would be shocked if he didn't use this moment to his advantage.

Vashetti

Banned
Are ya sure? Cersei should know that Kevan wouldn't want to see her. He made it pretty clear what he thinks about her already. Also, it's pretty obvious Pycelle sees this as an opportunity to be rid of Cersi. I would be shocked if he didn't use this moment to his advantage.

It's abundantly clear, watch the scene again.

Curufinwe

XyaWfqZl.jpg

You know when he heard Cersei was in prison he was literally doing back flips.

Redhood

Question? If Ramsay is going to get captured or killed at Stannis's Camp what would be the payoff for the scene where Sansa picked the corckscrew? A makeshit key perhaps? Stab Reek?

Sendero

Mad props for the whole Hardhome sequence. From the Lord-of-very-broken-bones, to the awesome Giant with Mammoth armor, to the Thenn sacrificing himself, the dead of the bad ass female wildling and the World War Z avalanche of zombies.. ending with that Night king pose in silence. Damn. Wished I hadn't been spoiled by the Behind the scenes.

Fun fact from this interview
..the CGI elements meant that they were only getting about a minute of footage shot per day.
If I had to complain, is the pacing of these last chapters. Thought Tyrion/Jorah still had some adventures left: Both the pirates and the slaver felt like wasted potential. And after what it feels like a couple of days, he is already Danny's BFF?

I mean, would you readily trust a person sent by a Spymaster that (from her eyes) has been trying to kill you? All while you have 3 cities on rebellion AND your Security staff is kind of trashed?

But I won't complain, because hopefully Ramsey is about to skin the hell out of Stannis newly grown beard. Unless of course Melissandre (preferably naked) manage to concoct some Shireen soup for dinner. Either way, looking forward to it.

And yes, the time has come for the often-forgotten Maester Pycelle to make his comeback. I have had my eyes on him since season 1. Wonder if he has a solid end game or FrankenMountain has something to say.

Camwi

I mean, would you readily trust a person sent by a Spymaster that (from her eyes) has been trying to kill you? All while you have 3 cities on rebellion AND your Security staff is kind of trashed?

Credit Tyrion for having a way with words, plus she's running short on advisors.

Ok, so episode 8 was like a feel good blockbuster. That has me worried for episode 9...you know some main character we all love will die :(

More of Dorne then?

Slightly OT but GRRM said at the old GOT panel that they would like to show Highgarden or Casterly Rock at some point. I especially would like to see the latter but there is 0 characters we know present there. Even Kevan is in the capital now. Honestly the only way I can see present characters going there is if Cersei somehow gets released and is smoked out of capital.

Liked the first half of the episode, didn't care for the second. Big CGI battles with characters I hardly know or don't care about (aka everyone but John and the orangebeard wildling) are the reason I don't go to movies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If I had to complain, is the pacing of these last chapters. Thought Tyrion/Jorah still had some adventures left: Both the pirates and the slaver felt like wasted potential. And after what it feels like a couple of days, he is already Danny's BFF?

I think the scene with them made it abundantly clear that she is craving sound advice from someone. She is young and inexperienced, and her advisors since Jorah left have been next to useless.

Sooooooooo Im starting to suspect that Drogon is actually headed toward Jon Snow...

Is Drogon even " headed " anywhere? Seems to be like he has just been flying around on his own accord for awhile now. No evidence of the dragon actually heading in a certain direction.

How far was Valyria from Mereen? Cuz thats the last place we saw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom