• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

I feel like the start of winter is the start of the Starks rebuilding and making things right in their own way. They're the family that embraces winter and we're seeing some major developments with some of the children just as snow is starting to fall. By the time winter comes around, they'll be making moves and we'll see a resurgence in the Stark name I hope.

I just feel like the timing of some of the snow flurries are meant as symbolism as well. Sansa in Winterfell as she goes through more shit but is finally reaching the turning point I believe, Jon beyond the wall becoming a real leader (I swear Olly, if you harm him...) and beyond those scenes with snow in them, we know Arya is progressing in her storyline, Bran seemingly has a big role in the supernatural aspect of the show which we'll hopefully see next year, and Rickon is doing Rickon things somewhere but it doesn't matter because I'm sure he'll someday lead House Stark. :p

Edit: Oh, and Benjen Stark is probably chilling with the white walkers having a good time.

Their motto of "Winter is coming" is fitting beyond the obvious reasons.

Venture

I hope the white walkers have a good backstory with an interesting motive. What if they believe they are doing the good will of their god by clearing away the corruption of Westeros?

I can't help but think that there is a game being played that we're not seeing yet. There's the mortal game of thrones, which we've all seen, and then there seems to be a more covert game being played by the gods. The humans and white walkers are being moved around and influenced by different gods. Some of that influence is direct, like Melisandre, and some is more subtle like the old gods in the North pairing up the Starks with dire wolves, or Joaquin working with Arya.
I've wondered if there's some religious connection to the White Walkers. My first thought was their reappearance has something to do with humanity turning away from the old gods, but that doesn't fit. They attacked the First Men and Children of the Forest thousands of years ago. They must be something very old. Older even than The Children.

Limit

Check this out, my buddy made this haha

LAST EPISODE SPOILERS

Good stuff.

And I am not at all worried about Jon dying. It's Stannis who I am unsure will make it alive this season. The moment he hugged his daughter is the moment I initiated the countdown to his death in my head. You just can't be this likable of a person and continue to breathe for long in GOT universe.

funkypie

Banned
What was the point of this show making a big deal of noble ned writing Roberts will as true born heir, when that plot line pretty much got done away with straight away.

I know it's a while ago but was it because game was originally supposed to be a trilogy?

Thaedolus

What was the point of this show making a big deal of noble ned writing Roberts will as true born heir, when that plot line pretty much got done away with straight away.

I know it's a while ago but was it because game was originally supposed to be a trilogy?

"Big deal" being two seconds of screen time? It was just showing that Ned was trying to cover his bases. As soon as Cersei ripped it up and captured him it became moot...

mokeyjoe

M_Night said:
How the hell is the giant gonna get across the ocean?
I'm guessing on of the larger ships that were off in the distance.

Yeah. But made me think of this:

youre-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat-social-media-inspiration-from-jaws.png

MikeyB

That brief action had more potential to change the balance of power than several storylines that have spanned seasons. It is hugely important.

Because at that point, you didn't know how it was going down. Ned was still in the position to make a power play and force the Lannisters out of power. That's what got him thrown in jail and led to war. It is why the city guard killed babies and children - arguably contributing to a loss of public support for the crown that has allowed the High Sparrow to become a force. Also, "his" bastard is black of hair.

Wait, the more I think of it, was this a trolling post that just went over my head? Good job, if so.

effzee

What if season ends with Jon Snow turning into a White Walker?

And next season we find out there is a way to reverse the transformation? Then series ends with him returning to form?

What if?

Since the dead rise in the North unless you burn the bodies.

If winter reaches the south, do the buried come to life if dude raises the dead? It would seem so since a lot of the Wights were of skeletal form.

The return of King Joffrey is upon us.

Since the dead rise in the North unless you burn the bodies.

If winter reaches the south, do the buried come to life if dude raises the dead? It would seem so since a lot of the Wights were of skeletal form.

The return of King Joffrey is upon us.

I'm pretty sure it's only the recent dead who rise. What you're seeing is varied forms of decomposition, newer dead look better then ones who have died long ago.

I feel like the start of winter is the start of the Starks rebuilding and making things right in their own way. They're the family that embraces winter and we're seeing some major developments with some of the children just as snow is starting to fall. By the time winter comes around, they'll be making moves and we'll see a resurgence in the Stark name I hope.

I just feel like the timing of some of the snow flurries are meant as symbolism as well. Sansa in Winterfell as she goes through more shit but is finally reaching the turning point I believe, Jon beyond the wall becoming a real leader (I swear Olly, if you harm him...) and beyond those scenes with snow in them, we know Arya is progressing in her storyline, Bran seemingly has a big role in the supernatural aspect of the show which we'll hopefully see next year, and Rickon is doing Rickon things somewhere but it doesn't matter because I'm sure he'll someday lead House Stark. :p

Edit: Oh, and Benjen Stark is probably chilling with the white walkers having a good time.

Their motto of "Winter is coming" is fitting beyond the obvious reasons.

House Stark's "Winter is coming" is not just a warning, but a threat to the other houses in Westeros. The true and powerful house will emerge in Winter, while the rest suffer and quiver in fear.

You know, I half expected Benjen Stark in White Walker form to appear at the end of the episode instead of the Night King.

I fear it will happen against John Snow eventually, and like the woman that was distracted by the dead kids, JS will get thrown off by seeing his uncle in WW form and then BAM! right in the kisser.

This season has gone too long without Stannis kicking ass. I am really not looking forward to Ramsey and his 20 men trying to shit on his cake.
I can't wait for that confrontation! Just hope they get that in before the season ends. If history is any indication, I have confidence that GoT will get it done.

This season has gone too long without Stannis kicking ass. I am really not looking forward to Ramsey and his 20 men trying to shit on his cake.

Let's just accept that Stannis is probably going to die this weekend so it's not an Oberyn-like shock this time.

This show has a long history of arrogant twerps killing badass dudes.

Stannis can't die because he's the thing tying us to melisandre, who clearly is in this for the long haul given that the lord of light seems to be a nemesis of the cold gods of the WWs.

I expect that we'll at least see how truly committed to the cause he is because there's no way this season ends without us finding out whether he's willing to kill his daughter for the possibility of a throne or not.

I am close to rolling my eyes depending on what happens, so they better execute that segment well. It has a chance of being the most bullshit scene in all of GoT, which says something after the Dorne rescue/fighting scene.
Stannis can't die because he's the thing tying us to melisandre, who clearly is in this for the long haul given that the lord of light seems to be a nemesis of the cold gods of the WWs.

I expect that we'll at least see how truly committed to the cause he is because there's no way this season ends without us finding out whether he's willing to kill his daughter for the possibility of a throne or not.
That's kind of the point. If he doesn't do it, he might end up dying because of it this season.

I think Ramsey will deal a devastating blow to Stannis army, forcing him to give up his daughter to Melly.

I think Ramsey will deal a devastating blow to Stannis army, forcing him to give up his daughter to Melly.

It really feels that's what's being set up here...and unfortunately, it's a scenario with only bad outcomes for Stannis. Either Ramsay defeats Stannis or Stannis gives up his soul. I have a hard time seeing Stannis just beating Ramsay's 20 straight-up, without consequence. That'd be too rosy for GoT...

this_guy

Stannis will destroy Ramsay. Ramsay is demented but picks on the weak. Ramsay thinks he a badass by only taking 20 men against Stannis's army but he'll be surprised when Stannis charges in by himself and wrecks those 20.

I'm hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom