• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

After that dig Sansa made about him being made legitimate by another bastard he may be thinking Stannis can be the one to legitimize him and give him control of the North in exchange for helping him take Winterfell. He clearly detests Roose and this seems to be as good an opportunity as any to have him killed and secure his place.

Also I just don't think there's any way they aren't going to all end up fighting at Winterfell one way or another. After all the history these characters have it'd be really anticlimactic for anyone to die out in the snow.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. It just never crossed my mind. It would make a lot of sense -- though I'm not sure Stannis would go for it

Speaking of Stannis -- rewatched the scene with Melisandre and his wife and I noticed something strange. Melisandre shows her a vision in the flames and tells her that she needs to make sure Shireen comes with them to bring the vision to fruition. All that makes sense, since Melisandre wants to sacrifice Shireen and we know Stannis' wife hates her. The part that struck me as strange is that in this season Shireen says that her mother didn't want to bring her. Maybe she isn't as committed as portrayed? Or I suppose she could have just been acting like a dick to Shireen, as usual.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ramsay won't die. He won't even fight. He's going out there to cut a deal with Stannis. He'll sneak them back to Winterfell and let them in so they can kill Roose while he kills Walda.
Damn. this is actually a really good theory. So good that if it happens I'm gonna be a bit disappointed because this would have totally blindsided me.

Ramsay ends up being a hero by the end of the series, playing a huge role in defeating the WW.

In all honesty though, as much as I dislike his character I wouldn't mind that. It would be kind of shitty if only the characters we liked ended up playing a big role in the end game and not the horrible ones because I'm sure they'd like to continue living just as much as the rest of them.

Ramsay ends up being a hero by the end of the series, playing a huge role in defeating the WW.

In all honesty though, as much as I dislike his character I wouldn't mind that. It would be kind of shitty if only the characters we liked ended up playing a big role in the end game and not the horrible ones because I'm sure they'd like to continue living just as much as the rest of them.

Ramsay is a great villain, just like Cersei. The fact that I despise them so means they're doing their jobs.

And yeah, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone horrid like Ramsay played a key role in helping to secure Westeros from it's true enemy.

Why isn't it Sunday yet?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Stannis captures Ramsey, would he qualify as a sacrifice to the fire god?

Well, he is the son of the current lord of Winterfell....

It would be so good if Ramsay rides up to try and betray everyone only to get sacrificed. That would be my shit.

Ramsay is a great villain, just like Cersei. The fact that I despise them so means they're doing their jobs.

And yeah, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone horrid like Ramsay played a key role in helping to secure Westeros from it's true enemy.

Why isn't it Sunday yet?

Agreed, and it's why I was depressed when Joffrey died, as much as I hated him he was an amazing actor and played the role of Joffrey so damn well.

If Stannis captures Ramsey, would he qualify as a sacrifice to the fire god?

This was discussed on the previous page and I agree with what others said, he's not royalty so no, I don't think so.

What would he gain from this?

He'd be the controlling member of a House Bolton, married to Sansa, and presumably become Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell. Besides, by hitching his wagon to Stannis, he somewhat purges himself of the history that House Bolton has -- you know, the Red Wedding, which Ramsay himself had nothing to do with. Oh, and most importantly, he removes a challenger to his titles in Walda's unborn child.

I mean, had he gone this route and treated Sansa better, this would've been a fairly brilliant play.

Eos

He'd be the controlling member of a House Bolton, married to Sansa, and presumably become Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell. Besides, by hitching his wagon to Stannis, he somewhat purges himself of the history that House Bolton has -- you know, the Red Wedding, which Ramsay himself had nothing to do with. Oh, and most importantly, he removes a challenger to his titles in Walda's unborn child.

I mean, had he gone this route and treated Sansa better, this would've been a fairly brilliant play.

He's not dead, has no challenger and rules the north?
I don't think Stannis would let him live or be Warden of the North

Adding to that Ramsay cuts a deal with Stannis theory, it will also allow the story of reek and Sansa to play out where Sansa might try to kill him. Just not sure what Brienne and Pod are gonna be doing.

Adding to that Ramsay cuts a deal with Stannis theory, it will also allow the story of reek and Sansa to play out where Sansa might try to kill him. Just not sure what Brienne and Pod are gonna be doing.

An alliance between Ramsay and Stannis could potentially give brianne the opportunity to kill Stannis like she wants as well.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
If he bends the knee Stannis would happily go along with that offer.

I don't think so. I think Stannis would definitely prefer someone who not only has the respect of those in the North and would be able to help maintain peaceful relations with the rest of Westeros and not become a problem during his reign but also, why would he trust someone who is willing to kill their father out of jealousy of an unborn babe and a sense of entitlement/title? That's not someone I would have on my team because you never know when they'd march on you. Just my reasoning

I don't think so. I think Stannis would definitely prefer someone who not only has the respect of those in the North and would be able to help maintain peaceful relations with the rest of Westeros and not become a problem during his reign but also, why would he trust someone who is willing to kill their father out of jealousy of an unborn babe and a sense of entitlement/title? That's not someone I would have on my team because you never know when they'd march on you. Just my reasoning

It's either that or fight the boltons and kill his daughter.

I mean it's not like Stannis is the type of guy to kill a family member.........oh wait.

That's pretty brilliant but so far the show has characterized him as someone who wants to impress his daddy very badly.

The possibility of that kid from his father tho. He is officially a Bolton, married to Stark. If he eliminates Roose he would lead his house and rule the North for Stannis.

Ramsay won't die. He won't even fight. He's going out there to cut a deal with Stannis. He'll sneak them back to Winterfell and let them in so they can kill Roose while he kills Walda.

As much as I'd like for this to happen (and could have seen it happening in a world in which the writers wrote Sansa as a character capable of actually -manipulating- Ramsay's insecurities through all that she's been taught) I feel that they're going to draw us back into the whole "King's blood" scenario that the red priestess keeps harping on.

Ramsay's crew will be slaughtered and he'll be captured, but during the fight Stannis' daughter will be fatally wounded. In her final act her blood will be used to ensure victory for Stannis' army.

Sendero

My read on Ramsey has always been the opposite: that he craves for his daddy's attention and inflicts the pain in the others, much like he feels was raised himself.

On the other hand, Roose just confessed how she raped her mother under where her grandparents were hanged. And given his participation on the Red wedding (killing someone invited to dinner is apparently the worst sin ever)), no doubt he has an horrible destiny awaiting.

So, seeing his wife and unborn child brutalized by his own kin (much like Robb/Talisa) and thus ending his dynasty would be an interesting conclusion. It would show that Ramsey was also playing mind games with him all this time.

Thing is, Ramsey is not as idiot as to think that Stannis would forgive him. And the grammar nazi's campaign needs to be put in jeopardy for sure. So it can't be that simple. Finally we know that his girlfriend and Samsa/Reek will interfere with his plans anyway.

Either way: 2 episodes left!

rambis

Banned
Ramsey's crazy freaky girlfriend will probably kill him before anybody

My thoughts exactly.

Stannis isn't gonna win the North I think. Somehow I'm convinced that he returns in someway to help Jon on the wall. His association with Melisande and his time on the wall makes me think that he is far more important to that storyline than this increasingly meaningless iron throne stuff.

DarkKyo

The fighting pit stuff I don't care for. Especially in an episode 9.

I wonder how will they make us (a.k.a. me) care.

It should be AWESOME just due to the characters involved.. Jorah, Dany, and probably Tyrion and Dario. Something big is probably going to happen there.

Edit: Also anytime we get to see Jorah fight is a pleasure because he has such an awesome fighting style.

It should be AWESOME just due to the characters involved.. Jorah, Dany, and probably Tyrion and Dario. Something big is probably going to happen there.

Edit: Also anytime we get to see Jorah fight is a pleasure because he has such an awesome fighting style.
I just think there has to be more at stake than just Jorah's life, considering he already has a pending death sentence. Had he not been touched by the stone men, things would be different.

DarkKyo

I just think there has to be more at stake than just Jorah's life, considering he already has a pending death sentence. Had he not been touched by the stone men, things would be different.

I think it's more interesting due to the circumstances of the event. I really want to see Dany's reaction to him fighting and possibly dying.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of future events happening at the fighting pit, the 2nd trailer of season 5(released back in february i think?) spoiled it a little too much:

Look at your own risk, don't say I didn't warn you, it's not something minor :
Really curious to see how that turns out, i mean all the major characters(except Tyrion) seems in deep shit.

Dennis

Banned
Speaking of future events happening at the fighting pit, the 2nd trailer of season 5(released back in february i think?) spoiled it a little too much:

Look at your own risk, don't say I didn't warn you, it's not something minor :
Really curious to see how that turns out.

I fear that
Jorah will sacrifice his life defending his khaleesi - given that he is infected anyway

Do you guys think that the title of the episode will really prove to be that spoilery?
Dance with Dragons seems to be too on the nose and they usually try to not be that transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom