• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm little confused. So Jon Snow rescued about 5000 wildlings, many of which seem to be women and children. I thought his mission was to get manpower for Stannis' army. Did he only bring back about a thousand or so wildlings capable of fighting? If so that's a drop in the bucket for Stannis' army. I dont think he'll be pleased.

Even woman and children are formidable enemies. His goal wasn't only to secure strong men, but to lessen the size of the army of the dead.

John has plot armor because without him you have zero investment in what's happening at the wall. Same with Dany, without her you wouldn't give a shit about what's happening overseas.

John has plot armor because without him you have zero investment in what's happening at the wall. Same with Dany, without her you wouldn't give a shit about what's happening overseas.
except now Tyrion's there.

Even woman and children are formidable enemies. His goal wasn't only to secure strong men, but to lessen the size of the army of the dead.
It's also a political mission. Changing public perception, etc.

Volimar

I don't think that the handsome boy was the lannister sparrow, but rather the guy that testified against Margery and her brother. Remember that he works for Little finger. It's possible that he got him out of the city or will get him to recant at the trial.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

The thing about plot armor is at this point we are getting towards the end. You can kill a character with plot armor during the last season so their armor won't last TOO MUCH longer.

The thing about plot armor is at this point we are getting towards the end. You can kill a character with plot armor during the last season so their armor won't last TOO MUCH longer.
Exactly. Theres only 2-3 more seasons left. And plus if Jon dies they could simply stop focusing on things going on at the wall, or have another major character find their way there. I'm fully ready for Jon to die soon, he's just too good of a character and as we all know this series loves to do this to us.

Exactly. Theres only 2-3 more seasons left. And plus if Jon dies they could simply stop focusing on things going on at the wall, or have another major character find their way there. I'm fully ready for Jon to die soon, he's just too good of a character and as we all know this series loves to do this to us.

Wildling dude is getting some decent screen time and characterization.

If Jon gets axed he could easily take over for the perspective of the Wall/White Walker story.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

Really I thought it was 1-2?

If it's 3 seasons... that's a long time and I kinda take it back.

Hey no one said anything wanting to kill him! I also didn't want/expect all the other major characters to get wrecked season after season, so it's only logical to expect it at this point. Jon has been set up as the main hero on the show, and we know what that means for his fate.

I hope I'm wrong though.

And yeah, D & D said that the show may go one season past the books, so 8 seasons total. So 2-3 left at this point.

I don't think that the handsome boy was the lannister sparrow, but rather the guy that testified against Margery and her brother. Remember that he works for Little finger. It's possible that he got him out of the city or will get him to recant at the trial.

oh wow. good call

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Stop talking about Jon dying you wildlings. Dude is the only good Stark we have and you all want to kill him.

Knowing this show, they'll probably kill him.
It appears to me at least that Dany along with Tyrion is the only who is definitely safe. There is no tension in Dany scenes, because I know she's too popular a character with the viewership. She's obviously the character the show runners want to centre this show around as a result.

it's not about we want to kill him, it's we know they will him and we are just embracing the fact...

history proves all good starks die...
Na, history proves all the dumb Starks die like Ned and his righteous 'i'll expose the Lannisters' crap and Robb doublecrossing a dangerous man.

it's not about we want to kill him, it's we know they will him and we are just embracing the fact...

history proves all good starks die...

If that's the case then he's safe since he's a Snow and Arya is dead since she's not ready and that makes no difference to the many faced God.

wiibomb

Na, history proves all the dumb Starks die like Ned and his righteous 'i'll expose the Lannisters' crap and Robb doublecrossing a dangerous man.

as if going to Hardhome wasn't dumb enough.. sure..

his intentions were good, as with Ned and Robb who had "brilliant" ideas

If that's the case then he's safe since he's a Snow and Arya is dead since she's not ready and that makes no difference to the many faced God.

well yeah.. a snow.. we all know hes stark at heart... may be targeryen... and when arya becomes a faceless woman, she will be as good as dead since she will be stark no more..

Hardhome didn't backfire. It was actually a pretty successful mission.

his goal was to unite the tribes and convince them to join the forces at the wall so as to be better prepared for the WWs.

pretty sure after that brutal attack he's got little convincing to do at this point. Now, the only thing that stands between Jon uniting the free folks and the crows is Olly and his simmering, unrelenting angst.

wiibomb

his goal was to unite the tribes and convince them to join the forces at the wall so as to be better prepared for the WWs.

pretty sure after that brutal attack he's got little convincing to do at this point. Now, the only thing that stands between Jon uniting the free folks and the crows is Olly and his simmering, unrelenting angst.

I don't like that boy.. I know something bad will come out of his anger ... and I reaaaally hope I'm wrong, I want him to erase that vengeance

Hardhome didn't backfire. It was actually a pretty successful mission.

doesn't made it a less risky mission, because of things that risky Ned and Robb died, this one time Jon was forgiven

I'd be shocked if they killed of Jon. Now that they are finally getting into his lineage, I think it's pretty clear he needs to be around for the endgame.

Please?

pretty sure after that brutal attack he's got little convincing to do at this point.

The really unfortunate thing about this statement is that it's because they're all dead, and not because they realized it's better to join forces with the Night's Watch.

I wonder how many made it on the boats, but I'm assuming it was a small amount considering how crowded this shot is moments before the attack.

6MtqQxj.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The really unfortunate thing about this statement is that it's because they're all dead, and not because they realized it's better to join forces with the Night's Watch.

I wonder how many made it on the boats, but I'm assuming it was a small amount considering how crowded this shot is moments before the attack.

6MtqQxj.png

I'm going to assume almost 80-90% of the wildlings died/got zombified in the attacks considering how many were on the other side of the gate they closed, and how many got killed afterwards.

Which makes me wonder why the Night Watch would even care about the Wildlings(not like they actually cared much before anyway). They're not gonna need them anymore, with how little there is left of their army.

as if going to Hardhome wasn't dumb enough.. sure..

his intentions were good, as with Ned and Robb who had "brilliant" ideas

well yeah.. a snow.. we all know hes stark at heart... may be targeryen... and when arya becomes a faceless woman, she will be as good as dead since she will be stark no more..
His plan is a lot better than his brother's or father's. The only problem was him going with Tormend there, that was the huge risk but it paid off big time since Tormend isn't an idiot and didn't backstab him.

moltonasty said:
Olly gonna kill Jon and take his place as the Lord Commander.
I'm fairly confident Jon will make it until season 7 at least. If he or Sansa die this season however, I'm going to rage. -_-

Bisnic said:
Which makes me wonder why the Night Watch would even care about the Wildlings(not like they actually cared before anyway). They're not gonna need them anymore, with how little there is left of their army.
They have 50-200 soldiers at the moment. I'm sure several hundred actual soldiers made it onto the ships, so their numbers for warriors will multiply regardless.

Also +1 Giant.

They're not gonna need them anymore, with how little there is left of their army.

If I had the option of having Tormund and Wun Wun fighting along side me I sure as shit wouldn't turn it down, lol. Like they said, they'll take any help they can get.

They're going to need a lot more help though. I love this excerpt from the History and Lore of S3 as narrated by Jon Snow.

"Southerners may now mock my black brothers as thieves, rapists and worse, but not without cause. But the North remembers why we're there, and if we fall, the south will get a very harsh, and very cold reminder."

I don't want Jon to die, but I want the south to get that reminder.

They never explained how that giant got into the hut. The door is way too low and there didnt seem to be any other entry ways. did they just build the hut around him?

morikaze

Banned
Jon will tell Olly how much he loved Ygritte and how he never held it against him for the greater good and then he will understand. I'm pretty sure that would be the first time Jon even mentioned it to him.

Was the WW kings face CGI this time? Cause I thought it looked a lot better in season 4:

YeaPl7h.png

His face in the latest episode just looks kinda off compared to the other WWs.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I noticed the changes right away. Like the new one a lot more.
The old one looked like rubber and his crown looked like fleshy horns. With the new design you can tell that he has grown an ice crown.

I noticed the changes right away. Like the new one a lot more.
The old one looked like rubber and his crown looked like fleshy horns. With the new design you can tell that he has grown an ice crown.

Yeah I mean the new one has better skin and details but it's just something about the face, it looks fake compared to the other ones which look real and creepy as hell.

Disgraced

Night King looks improved and better for me in his current form than when he shown last year, my opinion of course.
lack of noticeable eyelids in the new version of the king makes him look infinitely more menacing.
Agreed. The more inhuman you can make him while still maintaining a vague, decrepit human shell the creepier. More of a spirit inhabiting the the body and using it as it will than a regular undead.

Agreed. The more inhuman you can make him while still maintaining a vague, decrepit human shell the creepier. More of a spirit inhabiting the the body and using it as it will than a regular undead.

Also there is a particular touch I like about him, and that is that they didn't make him swole, in fact he looks rather skinny, when people are designing something "menacing" or intimidating it is very easy to make the character beefy to convey this, I like how this is not the case here. Of course some might say he is a skeleton that's why, but I think it is a smart and very well done design.

Lorcain

I hope the white walkers have a good backstory with an interesting motive. What if they believe they are doing the good will of their god by clearing away the corruption of Westeros?

I can't help but think that there is a game being played that we're not seeing yet. There's the mortal game of thrones, which we've all seen, and then there seems to be a more covert game being played by the gods. The humans and white walkers are being moved around and influenced by different gods. Some of that influence is direct, like Melisandre, and some is more subtle like the old gods in the North pairing up the Starks with dire wolves, or Joaquin working with Arya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom