• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

I don't think it was that bad

drogon.png

This though.... just no.

cunt2.png

cunt.png

It seemed to me that Davos left shortly before it happened. If he gets word of it before he reaches The Wall, that message will not be delivered.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Newsflash: The CGI compositing in a 10 hour season of television might not be quite as good as what you see in a $250m movie.

Just finished watching now. I hope Stannis gets locked up and tortured for the rest of his fucking life. He doesn't even deserve death, only pain and misery for what he did to his daughter Shireen. I am honestly filled with so much anger right now.

I seriously had thoughts of dropping this show right now and then because of that. I dont typically mind the deaths but that was brutal.

If the dude burns his own daughter alive, what wouldn't he do? I'm intrigued to see how far this fucker will go now.

But did she die (specifically this exact scenario) like that in the book? We can't say it was for Hollywood shock value unless it is different to the book in this regard.

From the after show thing I got the impression that burning her alive wasn't in the books. One of the creators said specifically that Martin told him about that scene. I think this is one of the scenes that hasn't been written in the books yet.

Aces&Eights

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU STANNIS STANS AT NOW, HUH?!

I've always disliked this cunt of a man. Since day fucking uno. I never understood why anyone would back this jackass who ain't shit without an evil sorceress. I mean for fucks sakes, his most prized ally is an EVIL SORCERESS. HOW DID YOU NOT SEE HE WAS A CUNT?!

Man, I am so livid right now. Hearing that sweet girl scream like that. Fuck Stannis.

As a father the man makes my blood boil. I always had hoped that he was just trying to take what he thought was his and would never cross a line this deep in the sand. Milesandre is just evil, evil evil. Now, we have psycho Boltons against daughter killing Stannis. Do I want cancer or alzheimers? Jesus!

Chumly

I thought they were going to do a swerve with who gets burned.

Bah...

Well, Stannis downfall probably just begun.

Well if you think about the game of thrones world and what happened with the Demon Baby. I imagine (fucked up) that sacrificing his daughter will actually do QUITE well for him at Winterfell. Now it may be the start of his downfall since he might be running out of people to fuck, suck blood or sacrifice but I imagine that he will do very well into at least halfway through season 6? with the good luck of killing his own daughter.

As a father the man makes my blood boil. I always had hoped that he was just trying to take what he thought was his and would never cross a line this deep in the sand. Milesandre is just evil, evil evil. Now, we have psycho Boltons against daughter killing Stannis. Do I want cancer or alzheimers? Jesus!

The only way I will be satisfied is if they kill each other off, with the final blow being Stannis and Ramsay stabbing each other.

Aces&Eights

The only way I will be satisfied is if they kill each other off, with the final blow being Stannis and Ramsay stabbing each other.

That's almost getting off too easy, IMO. I want to see the giant Jon brought in pickup Stannis and then beat Ramsey with him. Both end up unable to walk or use their arms so they just put them up in the town square for the rats to slowly eat.

I swear, if this cunt Olly kills Jon Snow...

I'm going full Team Night King if that happens.

Yeah, all this just isn't sitting right with Olly and they keep panning to him which means something horrible is going to happen. Can't blame the boy due to what he went through but goddamnit, Jon is doing what he has to! If he ends up killing Jon I will quit television forever.

Chumly

Liked Stannis prior to this episode, thought he was the true King, but I can't respect this. Waaaay too monstrous.

I never thought he was the true king but I liked him especially after his RECENT incredible touching moment with Shireen. All down the drain with the fucked up witchcraft.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Let's not forget the 'Lord of Light' did resurrect a dead dude the Hound practically sliced in two. And that wasn't the first time. And assinated Renly with a freaking shadow sex-baby wraith lord.

I mean Stannis is a bastard but it's not like his belief is unfounded.

I fucking hate this show, and I fucking love this show.

Literally went from straight pissed with Stannis to fuck yeah when the Dragon came down and burned some fools.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I thought the CGI was really bad in that last scene tbh. Drogon also looked smaller than in previous scenes imo.

That's almost getting off too easy, IMO. I want to see the giant Jon brought in pickup Stannis and then beat Ramsey with him. Both end up unable to walk or use their arms so they just put them up in the town square for the rats to slowly eat.

I like your way better, that shit was just straight up tough to watch

jesus fuck #TeamStannis is dead, no longer worthy of being called The Mannis.

The pool of characters to root for grows ever smaller, im gonna be joining #TeamNightKing at this rate.

Chumly

Let's not forget the 'Lord of Light' did resurrect a dead dude the Hound practically sliced in two. And that wasn't the first time. And assinated Renly with a freaking shadow sex-baby wraith lord.

I have to imagine that he would get more out of this then just snow melting. I mean common........... Ramsey and Roose better go up in smoke.

Aces&Eights

That's a fair point, however, shadow sex-baby wraith lord does not exactly display unicorns and puppy dogs. You would have to think, hmm, maybe this dude is from the dark side. Either way, Stannis has made his bed. There is no turning back for him now.

HE BURNED HIS DAUGHTER ALIVE.

Christ!

When Olly glared down Jon I actually shouted "MAN FUCK YOU OLLY YOU LITTLE SHIT" at my TV

Can't blame the kid. He watched his whole family get butchered by Wildlings. In any other show, he would try something stupid and then see the error of his ways and it would all end happily ever after. Since this is GoT, someone is going to die, all hell will break loose and we will be left shouting at our TVs.

Man the harpy guys are some brave SOBs, if I saw a goddamn dragon coming down to roast my ass you better believe my ass is out of there.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I still can't get over how many people were going to bat for this fucking dude, avatars and all LOL (and most of them shitting on Dany of all people in the process. Ha! But I'll leave that alone).

This is the same guy who burned his relatives alive because they disagreed with his new religion. The same guy who cheated on his wife acting like he's so god damn honorable 24/7. The same guy who assassinated his brother. The same guy who was willing to sacrifice his nephew to kill his enemies. The same guy who takes orders from an evil fire witch.

And now he's the cunt who burned a sweet little girl alive, his own daughter, for a better shot at a crown he doesn't deserve, and is no more entitled to than some others (Dany, Gendry, Jon(if the theory holds), off the top of my head)

Fuck Stannis Baratheon

redman2.gif

royalan

I still can't get over how many people were going to bat for this fucking dude, avatars and all LOL (and most of them shitting on Dany of all people in the process. Ha! But I'll leave that alone).

This is the same guy who burned his relatives alive because they disagreed with his new religion. The same guy who cheated on his wife acting like he's so god damn honorable 24/7. The same guy who assassinated his brother. The same guy who was willing to sacrifice his nephew to kill his enemies. The same guy who takes orders from an evil fire witch.

And now he's the cunt who burned a sweet little girl alive, his own daughter, for a better shot at a crown he doesn't deserve, and is no more entitled to than some others (Dany, Gendry, Jon(if the theory holds), off the top of my head)

Fuck Stannis Baratheon

redman2.gif

Amen

Griss

It's interesting that the forces of fire and the forces of light both appear to be so obviously evil - I mean, what is the end-game there? The lord of light is delighted by child sacrifices burned alive by their parents. The forces of ice kill indiscriminately and turn the dead to their evil bidding. Where's the good? Humanity? Some of humanity? Death itself? Do we have any single thing left to root for?

As for Shireen, I hated it so much. The show has had plenty of surprises and plenty of shocking scenes but this was predictable shock value. Predictable today, predictable a year ago. Everyone knew it was coming, why show it?

Show - "Here, let's introduce the sweetest character we can on a show full of cunts with no angels"
Audience - "That's odd... She's dead, isn't she."
Show - "No, no... get to know her. Look how sweet she is! She melts everyone's hearts"
Audience - "You're just doing this to get a shitty rise out of us when something horrible happens. You're above this. Stop."
Show - "No, look, we'll use her to humanize Stannis, the fan favourite."
Audience - "Okay we like that, but you'd better not just be doing all this to kill her off to shock us."
Show - "Alright some last desperately sad scenes before a long, drawn out, desperate, hellish death that we showed a grown man terrified of. Listen to this child suffer the most agonising fate a human can suffer at the hands of the father she thought loved her, what a twist!"
Audience - "The fuck? We knew you'd do that. It was obvious. No one wanted or needed to see that. The fuck is wrong with you?"

Go back and read the threads at the time if you want. Every time there was an idyllic Shireen scene multiple people called exactly where it would end up. It was so blatant. I'm pretty sure there's a trope where you introduce a child or disabled person just to kill them off to shock or make the bad guy look 'real fuckin super evil and shit, yeah' and it's distasteful as fuck. Had they not shown it I could have accepted the plot point as acceptable (as it's fully foreshadowed and in character with everyone involved) but showing it tells me it was more than half just cheap shock value.

Still upset, two and a half hours later.

NolbertoS

Man, Princess Shireen, I would never forgive Stannis for killing his daughter T_T. Hope Lord Bravos avenges me. Man those screams will haunt me. Also Dang riding that dragon was pretty cool. The dragon queen with her fleet of dragons now.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is a TV show after all guys, CG cant always be amazing. People seem to forget cause it doesnt feel like tv a lot of the times. But i appreciate their ambitiousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom