• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

i really hope Arya doesn't lose her v-card to meryn trant

Arya will be repeatedly raped by Trant before killing him, Jon will be killed by Olly, Dany will discover she has greyscale or some other unspeakable illness, Drogon will die from his injuries, Sansa will commit suicide.

There's your episode 10. Enjoy.

Would have been nice if they at least SHOWED him and his men. I mean half the fucking camp just magically went up in flames.

To the point that I was convinced it was that evil cunt witch's vision. My god I hope she dies incredibly slowly.

Oh shit Stannis there is no coming back from this.

Some one needs to edit Stannis his face onto this.

Unlimited_Power.gif

Chumly

Arya will be repeatedly raped by Trant before killing him, Jon will be killed by Olly, Dany will discover she has greyscale or some other unspeakable illness, Drogon will die from his injuries, Sansa will commit suicide.

There's your episode 10. Enjoy.

To the point that I was convinced it was that evil cunt witch's vision. My god I hope she dies incredibly slowly

That is exactly what I thought. Even afterwards it took a few seconds before I was really like ok they are really going with this and it wasn't a vision.

So who has King's Blood? I mean, is there some sort of line that the houses come from?

Baratheon became king after the rebellion, but is there a connection between the houses and the Targaryen, who are the true kings?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
This is a TV show after all guys, CG cant always be amazing. People seem to forget cause it doesnt feel like tv a lot of the times. But i appreciate their ambitiousness.

I feel like people are expecting 2015 Hollywood blockbuster summer movie level CG or something.

I'm not sure what was worse, the camp magically sprouting up in flames, Stannis killing Shireen even though it's had obvious foreshadowing the entire season (so it wasn't shocking) yet it was still completely out of character, the Unsullied suddenly being able to fight against the Harpies even though it was in an even more frantic and outnumbered situation than Grey Worm and Selmy, the terrible CGI with Dany flying off or the Harpies suddenly stopping attacking Tyrion and co. as soon as Dany left. Awful episode, awful season - even episode 9 which is supposed to be the season saver sucked. Oh well, guess it's time for an icon change.

So who has King's Blood? I mean, is there some sort of line that the houses come from?

Baratheon became king after the rebellion, but is there a connection between the houses and the Targaryen, who are the true kings?

The Baratheons gained 'Kings Blood' after claiming the Throne. As it stands right now, their claim is right. Therefore all the Baratheons claim Kings Blood, as recognized by the Seven.

Daenarys doesn't. If she takes the throne, and claims Queenship she and her offspring will have 'Kings Blood'.

It's....I don't know how the fuck they 'gain' kings blood, but I suppose the Seven empower them when they take the Throne.

Askani

I was hoping against hope that Stannis was going to send the wife instead of Shireen. That they were going to say she had kingsblood also so she would be a suitable sacrifice. I was wrong.

Man...that sucked hard.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Fuck you Stannis, I'm Team Dany now. I hope she burns you into a crisp like you burned your own daughter you fuck face. Sir Chopped up Fingers better be taking a boat ride to Meeren.

One of the reasons that Robert Baratheon was chose to take the Iron Throne is because House Baratheon has blood ties to the Targaryens. The founder of House Baratheon is a Targaryen bastard.

MikeyB

I'm not sure what was worse, the camp magically sprouting up in flames, Stannis killing Shireen even though it's had obvious foreshadowing the entire season (so it wasn't shocking) yet it was still completely out of character, the Unsullied suddenly being able to fight against the Harpies even though it was in an even more frantic and outnumbered situation than Grey Worm and Selmy, the terrible CGI with Dany flying off or the Harpies suddenly stopping attacking Tyrion and co. as soon as Dany left. Awful episode, awful season. Oh well, guess it's time for an icon change.

The CGI wasn't so bad. The choice of angles was pretty weird. Never ending story, much?

I agree with you about the season though. I'm worried that the show writers without written dialogue to pull from are hacks. I have had a tough time understanding a lot of motivations this season. You either have to assume a ton or put up with them acting out of character, it seems.

It's hardly a consolation after that Shireen scene but holy SHIT were my predictions on point today.

I do like that fact that she was shown to be losing Mereen throughout the season because she couldn't rule it properly and now instead of a turnaround she has simply lost it for good. Will she ever come back? She'd have to torch it all. Better to let Tyrion, Jorah and Daario fight out of there with the cute assistant girl and meet up somewhere that isn't crazy.

You better be careful

As much as I liked Stannis' daughter, her death was inevitable and telegraphed multiple times throughout this season. Moreover, considering we saw a man get his head brutally crushed on-screen, I find it difficult to be disturbed by any death scene at this point, let alone an off-camera one.

Nothing remotely compares to Elia's blood-curtling scream. Nothing.

sangreal

This is getting into the supplemental material but yes they mean targaryen blood. There is some link between them and the baratheons

- Fucking Stannis
- Shareen :'(
- The end was epic but totally predictable thanks to the pre-season trailer. I predicted the entire event which hurt the epicness a bit.

I have to say Ramsay going and burning their food and horses is the first major plothole that's total fucking bullshit. Isn't he supposed to be the greatest general in Westeros, and he supposedly didn't see a sneak attack where his food lies? Wouldn't a great amount of the soldiers guard horses, food and where the King/family lie? Ughhh... An obvious plot device that is completely nonsensical just to get to push the narrative to a certain point, I thought I was watching just another episode of Arrow.

Amazing episode mind you.

sjboi

Few people seem to be talking about Dany getting grayscale. They made a point to show Jorah touching her repeatedly, and then made a point to show Dany holding hands with her translator girl (who also has the disease now, presumably). Not telling his queen about his infection would fall right in line with Jorah's character, too.

Apt101

I really found Stannis's actions shockingly out of character too. Apparently this was GRRM's idea according to the post-credit reflections on HBO Now. I don't know what he's thinking. Stannis suddenly goes from hard and kingly to outright fanatical? Eh. I guess the man lives on shock value (and long boring descriptions of food, aromas, and oaths).

It seems to point to Melisandre as being responsible. She is clairvoyant though. Maybe Ramsey's men really did do it. We'll find out I guess.

And I thought the Dany scene was great, and I didn't think the CGI was bad. This was the first time I found myself rooting for her since, like, maybe season 3.

Cartman86

Banned
I feel like people don't pay attention to actual history and religious stories. People kill for a god they don't even have evidence for. In GoT we've got a god who actually does shit. That is truly terrifying and not at all surprising to see someone with ambition take advantage of that.

Askani

I really found Stannis's actions shockingly out of character too. Apparently this was GRRM's idea according to the post-credit reflections on HBO Now. I don't know what he's thinking. Stannis suddenly goes from hard and kingly to outright fanatical? Eh. I guess the man lives on shock value (and long boring descriptions of food, aromas, and oaths).

It seems to point to Melisandre as being responsible. She is clairvoyant though. Maybe Ramsey's men really did do it. We'll find out I guess.

Go read Forceatowulf's post. It's full of truth.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

And I thought the Dany scene was great, and I didn't think the CGI was bad. This was the first time I found myself rooting for her since, like, maybe season 3.

Stannis was always a fanatic. He's been burning innocent people since the day he met Melissandre.

Apt101

Go read Forceatowulf's post. It's full of truth.

I read it and don't agree with it. He's a king in that world and of his time (explaining his actions to this point). He has as much a claim as any other. It's an opinion that Mel is evil. Etc. But I respect his opinion and can see where he's coming from.

royalan

Stannis has always been fanatical and dead-set on winning the Iron Throne at all costs. He's been burning people since season 2.

Ralemont

not me

Not out of character at all. Stannis has been sacrificing people since his very first scene. The show has never given any indication that he wouldn't kill someone in his family to get what he wants. His first major act in the show was actually exactly that, when he assassinated Renly.

In retrospect, his touching scene with Shireen is unnerving. "You are the Princess Shireen of House Baratheon, and you are my daughter." The former trumps the latter. Her worth as a royal blood sacrifice won out.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, I think that's completely within character for Stannis to do. He literally says his reasoning to Shireen earlier in the episode of why he has to do this, and it makes sense. That's his mindset.

Ridli

Few people seem to be talking about Dany getting grayscale. They made a point to show Jorah touching her repeatedly, and then made a point to show Dany holding hands with her translator girl (who also has the disease now, presumably). Not telling his queen about his infection would fall right in line with Jorah's character, too.

Until we have a medical paper detailing more information about greyscale, it's hard to get worried. Shireen is shown having lived through the disease and not infecting anyone else. It's possible that it's not contagious until later stages, like when the stonemen become feral.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Dany holding hands w/ Missandei was more about fearing they would die at the hands of the Harpies.

Apt101

What I'm saying is this: everything Stannis has done has been completely in character for a motivated claimant of the throne in Westeros. Including killing people for disagreeing with him (religion), attacking his own blood, and living by his oaths and what he believes are his claims. This, murdering his daughter, is a whole other level.

Yeah, so Fuck Stannis.

I was hoping Shireen had some wicked demon power or something to get out of the bindign and kill the red woman. Damn

I love how Dany peaces the fuck out and leaves her loyal friends behind. Terrible special effects in the end there.

So the other two dragons are untamed and don't heed to Dany, right? I know the black one was named after Drogo and I believe after her father's dragon, but the other two sound like they are going to be a problem. I take it that it knows when Dany is in distress or what?

What I'm saying is this: everything Stannis has done has been completely in character for a motivated claimant of the throne in Westeros. Including killing people for disagreeing with him (religion), attacking his own blood, and living by his oaths and what he believes are his claims. This, murdering his daughter, is a whole other level.

I dunno, he's in a position where he WILL die and lose in the blizzard, where he has no faith in Davos coming back, and he is in a position where if he doesn't march then everyone dies and it's all for nothing.

So sacrificing his daughter because melisandre says it's the only way..yeah I can see him doing that.

hwateber

CG drogon and arya scenes aside, pretty good episode. Jorah with that cvs2 roll tho! Man, I don't even care if Stannis takes down the Boltons anymore. As long as Brienne gets Sansa out then I'm fine with Stannis getting demolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom