• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they say The Titan of Bravos came to life and defended the city against some invaders? I want to see the White Walkers come at Bravos...
Titan_of_Braavos.jpg

oti

Banned
I really can't see where this show is heading, what the endgame is. I guess that's a good thing. But it also feels a bit headless.

oti

Banned
Even after episode 8? It's pretty damn clear that the threat in the north is where this is all headed.

So will it be all of the houses against the WW or will they fight each other first what is Aryas purpose here when will Sansa wake up what's up with Littlefinger and that other guy that travelled with Tyrion the sand snakes and and and. And where are Wizard Stark and Hodor?

mokeyjoe

Expected the spears to bounce off the dragon - I would have been so pissed if it had died there.

I liked the fact the dragon was shown as being somewhat vulnerable. Simply being an invincible death machine makes any fight with them inevitable. Even so, they've got more growing up to do.

Bearthgar

Banned
There better be a pay-off for the Dorne storyline, otherwise it was just a lazy way to get Jamie out of Kings Landing so they could screw over Cersei.

I suspect they'll all end up en route to King's Landing. The city is nearly deserted by the main cast and they need to fill the void.

Visceir

Considering the state King's Landing is in I fear for the life of anyone who is heading there. Things won't end well if something happens to the prince.

Bittercup

Why was the audience boohing when Jorah was winning?
I still don't like Arya's hair as the oyster seller.
The ending was great. I was just shouting "Dragon!" before he appeared. Such a nice moment for the dragon to return.
I hope she frees the other two and then starts some burning #TeamMadQueen

Sheroking

I suspect they'll all end up en route to King's Landing. The city is nearly deserted by the main cast and they need to fill the void.

Jamie needing the Dornish to fight off the faith, Marcella and Trystane replacing Tommen and Margery as King and Queen?

The season did open with a young Cersei hearing a prophecy about her "blonde haired children" all dying.

mokeyjoe

So will it be all of the houses against the WW or will they fight each other first what is Aryas purpose here when will Sansa wake up what's up with Littlefinger and that other guy that travelled with Tyrion the sand snakes and and and. And where are Wizard Stark and Hodor?

Arya' purpose is still revenge for the Starks, and if she gets round to knocking people off her list it'll have repercussions. But I have to say her 'training' has been rather dull. She's so far learned to be a successful seafood vendor and a mortician. Wasn't really where I was expecting her to go. She did better undercover on her own as a boy.

PepperedHam

Why was the audience boohing when Jorah was winning?
I still don't like Arya's hair as the oyster seller.
The ending was great. I was just shouting "Dragon!" before he appeared. Such a nice moment for the dragon to return.
I hope she frees the other two and then starts some burning #TeamMadQueen
I believe they were booing because he wasn't from Meereen. Like a home team crowd sorta thing.

Loakum

Banned
It may have been cruel and tough to watch, but Stannis did what he had to do. The fate of the 7 kingdoms of Westeros are on his shoulders. I have a feeling that his sacrifice of his daughter, will aid them in the war ahead vs the Boltons. The Lord of Light commands it. Now as for Arya....it's looking like she may pose as an child prostitute, just to get at dude (alla Kill Billl's anime flashback).

That's possibly the darkest thing I've ever witnessed in a TV show or Movie. The end of season 4 was gruesome, the red wedding was horrific. But this..... Those screams....

Side note, I love how hilariously oversized Arya's food tray was when she went into the brothel. It was like the size of a Foosball table.

Also, she sucks at lurking. Get it together Arya.

Jackpot

Banned
Stannis has no heir now. What sort of dynasty can he possibly have?

Is Trant still played by the same actor? His voice seemed different from Tyrion's trial.

Why did the Harpies start killing the ex-slaves and the slave-owners?

dsp

Wizard Stark and Hodor were left out this season. I assume they'll be back in next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they recast young John Oliver.

Loakum

Banned

Is Trant still played by the same actor? His voice seemed different from Tyrion's trial.

Yes, he's very much the same actor.

As bad as eps 1-7.

Ramsay is stupidly overpowered. Food stores would be doubly guarded to stop your own men from looting them when you're that hard-up.

Stannis is just a joke. What was the point of building him up as caring for his daughter and building his wife up as hating her to do a 180 on both characters? Just so they can go "wat a twist!!!!!!!!!" to viewers?

Stannis kinda sucks as a commander. His only big 'win' in the show is killing his brother, and that's through black magic. People thought he was cool when he showed up to 'rally' against the wildlings, but that was after the fact that the Night Watch already defended against them. Stannis failed his attack on Kings Landing, Stannis has so far failed to convince the Wildlings that he'd help them out(Jon Snows been the one doing all of that) and now he decided to lead the charge against Winterfell. During Winter.

So Ramsay somehow destroying Stannis' supplies to me isn't that farfetched. Stannis just sucks.

Raonak

Banned
Right, but, like, why? I get that you're upset he murdered his kid but do you not want him to fight the Boltons and the white walkers?

After what he just did, i'd rather whitewalkers win than Stannis. I mean I knew he was obsessed with red pussy. but goddamn.... what a giantic asshole he's become.

It's funny how the lannisters really don't seem that bad now. Tyrion is awesome, jamie is pretty cool. Tommen and his sis are alright. Only Cersei is the only shitty one remaining.

Great episode all in all, very haunting death, man, feels like that was the big death of the season.

nubbe

he's a fuckup fanatic, what else to expect?

Yes, he actually has more than one line now

They kill everyone that support Daenerys, like in every revolution

hohoXD123

This is easily the most shocking/controversial episode in the series. Child prostitution and murder, I really don't see how they can do worse than that. Not sure how I feel about this episode. I understand that they want to show that the world in GoT isn't all hugs and rainbows, and that tired old tropes of the good guys winning don't necessarily apply here, but it seems like they're trying too hard to shove the horrors of the world in our face between this and the last few episodes.

Like I said a few weeks ago, this show is doing a good job in creating a scenario where you actually want these Walkers to come down and just end these people. Just wipe em out, get it over with.

The only person I am rooting for in this entire show is Dany / Sansa and Arya / Jon Snow. And Sansa / Arya aren't even fighting for the throne. Neither is Jon Snow really.

Meh. The season of " everyone making dumb decisions " continues.

Stannis killed his own brother by fucking his witch mistress, he set out to kill his nephew until he was freed, and now people are all like "well that was fucked up."

Dude's been fucked up for a while, you just didn't have a couple of seasons worth of character building to make you hate his previous moves.

Stannis killed his own brother by fucking his witch mistress, he set out to kill his nephew until he was freed, and now people are all like "well that was fucked up."

Dude's been fucked up for a while, you just didn't have a couple of seasons worth of character building to make you hate his previous moves.

Don't forget burning his brother-in-law for not accepting the Lord of Light.

Jackpot

Banned

His brother was a usurper he was about to face in battle and neither liked each other growing up, the other was a random guy he'd just met. Not really on par with burning your own daughter.

mokeyjoe

Like I said a few weeks ago, this show is doing a good job in creating a scenario where you actually want these Walkers to come down and just end these people. Just wipe em out, get it over with.

The only person I am rooting for in this entire show is Dany / Sansa and Arya / Jon Snow. And Sansa / Arya aren't even fighting for the throne. Neither is Jon Snow really.

Meh. The season of " everyone making dumb decisions " continues.

Yeah, Westeros is a mess. I think I'm team White Walker now. Pretty much everyone left with an army deserves to get screwed. Even the good characters are so inept you wouldn't trust them. Except Jon - which probably means he's going to die.

Stannis' actions were justified. It was either make a sacrifice or die.

Their food supplies were destroyed. If they retreated they'd starve to death before reaching The Wall, and there's no way they'd take Winterfell in their current state. Now they can use some black magic to take down the Bolton's and save themselves.

It was still fucking heartbreaking to watch. Shireen was one of the most likeable characters in the show :(

Hollycat

Anyone else feel like arya is going to "be someone else" in that brothel so she can murder the heck out of Trant? The authors better not pull a Sansa on us if she does.

KorrZ

After what he just did, i'd rather whitewalkers win than Stannis. I mean I knew he was obsessed with red pussy. but goddamn.... what a giantic asshole he's become.

It's funny how the lannisters really don't seem that bad now. Tyrion is awesome, jamie is pretty cool. Tommen and his sis are alright. Only Cersei is the only shitty one remaining.

Great episode all in all, very haunting death, man, feels like that was the big death of the season.

Yeah, good guy Jamie. He only tried to murder a child in the first episode, but he's not so bad.

Qurupeke

Wow what an episode. Pretty horrible scenes. Sheerin's death has probably topped any other moment for me as the most horrific. The whole scene was just so sad. At least now Stannis will live I guess? I don't know if it's worth it. And that knight that apparently is into little girls. Oh my.

The Meerin battle was pretty good too. No Hardhome good but still some great scenes. Jorah being awesome all the time, Drogon descending and burning people. Also, I guess this isn't the last we've seen from the guy she was supposed to marry. Something is too suspicious about his behaviour. Oh and I couldn't help it but laugh at Dany leaving the rest of her company to fly on Drogon. lol

The less child actors on the show, the better.
I mean he's a grammar nazi, and a failed one at that so he can go fuck himself, but they should kill every single kid on that show, especially the ones that are involved in boring plotlines that goes nowhere.
If we're killing off bad actors Daenarys deserves to die before Shireen.

cameron

Stannis and hocus pocus lady need to die in a fire. The only thing good about that storyline was Shireen and Davos.

At Meereen, where are the army of Unsullied warriors and Second Son mercs? Were they sent away in a previous episode? It's been established the city has a Harpy problem. I don't get how Daario and his men aren't on high alert. He's showing off his amazing knife handling skills while some random assassin sneaks up behind Daenerys.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
The Meerin battle was pretty good too. No Hardhome good but still some great scenes. Jorah being awesome all the time, Drogon descending and burning people. Also, I guess this isn't the last we've seen from the guy she was supposed to marry. Something is too suspicious about his behaviour. Oh and I couldn't help it but laugh at Dany leaving the rest of her company to fly on Drogon. lol

He was stabbed multiple times.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, good guy Jamie. He only tried to murder a child in the first episode, but he's not so bad.
I think he redeemed himself several times throughout the show. Brienne brought out the good in him. I'd like to see them two reunited at some point. Anyway, truly brilliant episode, though not up to par as last weeks. Seeing Shireen burnt alive was pretty hard to watch, and I could've sworn Jorah was so close to dying, but he's now back on good terms with Daenerys, so there's that. And speaking of good ol' Danys, dat ending. Truly the mother of dragons.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
wrgWfkc.gif
wrgWfkc.gif
wrgWfkc.gif

The Stannis fans are in shambles. Like, how did this guy get such a following in the first place? They've shown numerous times that he and his fire witch are COMPLETE trash. This is the guy the burns his relatives, had his little brother killed like a coward by a shadow, and disfigures a man loyal to him when it's not needed or deserved. Poor Davos :( Let's not pretend either that if his daughter wasn't disfigured, this would never have happened (as her mother would have probably loved her if she was "normal"). Poor Shireen :(

On the bright side, these events solidify the fact that Queen Danaerys has one less obstacle on her way to the throne. NO ONE in Westeros is here for a man that would burn his own daughter alive, regardless of what he does in the White Walker battle to come (if he even lives that long).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom