• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

And none of it really hit it's mark. Very few of the storylines were actually wrapped.

It's the problem GoTs faces because it doesn't stagger out its storylines. Instead of balancing its roster of characters and having some stories start and end in the beginning of the season, then the middle, then the end, they spend the first 7-8 episodes delaying everything for a super compact final 2 episodes. The result is they don't have any time to properly wrap up any stories. This finale was a crammed mess.

Episode 9 is really the only episode I gave a shit about this season.

That's the problem for this season. In my opinion previous seasons have done a good job (or at least a much better job) of pacing. This one has had a lot of questionable pacing. There's a lot of things they should have split and some areas they should have hastened through and some they should have slowed up on a bit. I mean, really, we get Stannis going straight from Shireen's death to an entire battle (which was barely even shown) and then his death in 2 episodes? Spread that shit out.

Even if they're just playing us and John gets resurrected or something how do we know that he'll be the same? The mountain is all grey and zombified plus that whole "vow of silence" thing.

Mountain wasn't resurrected by the lord of light. Barric was and he was mostly fine.

Brojito

Neo Member
Sure you did, everyone was waiting for something like that after all she did for several seasons.

What's so crazy about this show is that it's not even really satisfying or enjoyable to see someone like Cersei endure that. Even though she's done a bunch of horrible shit throughout the entire show I couldn't even watch that scene without feeling sympathy for her.

The only two characters I could watch and absolutely enjoy whatever horrific thing happens to them are Ramsey and Joffrey.

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
The show where nothing happens for 9 episodes, then you still feel like nothing really happened in episode 10 -- up until the final seconds when they pull a cheap cliffhanger.

fucking bad show, honestly.
The entire season was...a set-up for the next season.

I don't know how I feel about that in retrospect.

Ploid 3.0

Lord of Light brought back Beric Dondarrion...IN RED LADY WE TRUST

b7hKs3F.jpg

Yeah I really hope this happens. I want to know who John's mother is. Maybe the show writers are trying to buy time for GRRM to finish his books.

Fuck that ending god damn.. that annual stark tax is real.

Yeah :(

What's so crazy about this show is that it's not even really satisfying or enjoyable to see someone like Cersei endure that. Even though she's done a bunch of horrible shit throughout the entire show I couldn't even watch that scene without feeling sympathy for her.

The only two characters I could watch and absolutely enjoy whatever horrific thing happens to them are Ramsey and Joffrey.

Yeah I did not expect that.

Jon Snow will come back...

...as a wight/zombie. They'll forget to burn his body.

The White Walkers are gonna bring back the Westeros all-star team aren't they?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Slow start but a good finial. The year long wait begins a new.
Cant get over how much the mountain resembles Velstadt, The Royal Aegis from DS2.
starting to think somebody that works on the show lurks this thread or maybe it has become extremely predictable at this point? Seems like all the fan theories have turned out correct.
Jon was the hero we deserved. Had to “Press F to Pay Respects.”

Loakum

Banned
Yeah I really hope this happens. I want to know who John's mother is. Maybe the show writers are trying to buy time for GRRM to finish his books.

But Melisandre was surprised by this. She said he shouldn't be able to have that power. So I doubt she will be able to do it. Jon is as dead as Ned now.

Curufinwe

Anyway, that was a boring finale. All the big moments fell completely flat. Didn't need to see Cersei walk through spit for damn near 10 minutes. Crappy cliffhanger is crappy...

I just don''t think this show has anything left.

Nothing is more shocking about Game of Thrones than the absolutely ludicrous criticism it gets. Calling this finale boring is utterly insane.

Jobbs

Banned
Has anyone made an Oprah gif for "You get a cliffhanger! And you get a cliffhanger! And you get a cliffhanger!" etc yet?

Is this why the book is taking forever to finish because he has no idea what the fuck to do with Jon?

He probably has like #JonDies #JonDoesn'tDie pros and cons for the last few years.

Now I'm wondering this. It feels like such a weird move.

Well, I definitely enjoyed it at first. But halfway through I was looking at my clock like, "Hurry up! We got more storylines to get to!"

That's true.

TheContact

Definitely Dothraki -- not sure if it was Drogo's Khalisar or another one. I imagine there was some significance to her taking that ring off

In the post show synopsis they say she did it
as a breadcrum thing so that whoever is looking for her finds the ring and has a clue where she might be

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Be advised you do not know everything that's happened in the books. I know this only because of a major event that has not yet happened in the show that was spoiled for me. I assume it will happen eventually.

Oscar

Jon's eyes turned a way lighter shade of brown before the cut, seemed like some magic is at play. I expect a battle rez via Melisandre/Lord of Light like they did with Beric. They can't get rid of Jon, there's nobody left to cheer for lol.

Also, holy shit at Zombie/Frankenstein Mountain (It's him right?). Final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom