• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Anyway, that was a boring finale. All the big moments fell completely flat. Didn't need to see Cersei walk through spit for damn near 10 minutes. Crappy cliffhanger is crappy...

I just don''t think this show has anything left.

Cersei's walk of shame was the best part of the ep for me. Loved seeing the bitch suffer

sangreal

Loved watching arya kill meryn. Now she's blind. did not see that coming at all

I wonder if that had to do with her stabbing Meryn's eyes out?

Who were those guys surrounding dany? Dothraki.
Definitely Dothraki -- not sure if it was Drogo's Khalisar or another one. I imagine there was some significance to her taking that ring off

RDreamer

He'll be back. Melisandre is conveniently back and The Mountain gets resurrected in the same episode. Yup, snow ain't staying dead.

And I saw a meme two days ago, but I didn't believe it. Now it's true, what's wrong with all that people spoiling things for pleasure.

Shit, I'm fcking crying??
Only Game of Thrones.

I love how Stanis' dumbass still rode to winterfell even after half his men deserted, and Mel rode off. What a fucking dumb fuck. Good on Reek or whatever his real names is. Nice to see Tyrion and Varys back in control of some shit.

royalan

Really? More happened in that episode than the rest of the season.

And none of it really hit it's mark. Very few of the storylines were actually wrapped.

It's the problem GoTs faces because it doesn't stagger out its storylines. Instead of balancing its roster of characters and having some stories start and end in the beginning of the season, then the middle, then the end, they spend the first 7-8 episodes delaying everything for a super compact final 2 episodes. The result is they don't have any time to properly wrap up any stories. This finale was a crammed mess.

Episode 9 is really the only episode I gave a shit about this season.

Can people please stop talking about how many times he was stabbed in the book or about how his "death" was spoiled for you before the show aired tonite. As far as we know in this thread he may come back by some red god magic or something.

Silvawuff

That episode was brutal. Every single main character got royally screwed in some way. Not my favorite season. Disappointment all around. I guess the long night begins.

That episode was almost entirely comprised of cliffhangers...they went all out with this one

RIP Jon (?)
RIP Stannis (?)
RIP Myrcella
RIP Meryn and Myranda you bastards

Mel you better revive this man ASAP

BG my brother I know you had the strangest boner during Cercei's part.

I know you man.
Me
LOicMJA.gif

past boners don't matter, 2015 is a bust

Brojito

Neo Member
FUCK.

At the little after-episode recap the showrunners were talking about Jon's death and how its tough because Ollie isn't a "bad guy" and you can "understand where he's coming from..."

NO YOU FUCKING CAN'T. HE'S A FUCKING BRAT WHO JUST STABBED HIS OWN COMMANDER BECAUSE HE SAVED THE LIVES OF SOME PEOPLE THEY DON'T LIKE. WTF.

Curufinwe

Tommen lets all this happen....

I can't believe people are still making the same dumb complaint even now. Tommen never had the power to storm the Sept, kill all the faith militant and rescue and his wife and mother. All that would have done is start a civil war in the city. Just look at who the masses support; it's not the fucking royal family. Kevan is in charge now and he didn't do anything, either. Because he couldn't.

Can people please stop talking about how many times he was stabbed in the book or about how his "death" was spoiled for you before the show aired tonite. As far as we know in this thread he may come back by some red god magic or something.

No fucking shit.

Seriously people what the hell. It's pretty much confirmed thanks to the comments.

Nameless

My Top 5 characters got fuuuuuuucked up, down, around and sideways this episode.

1. Arya - blind
2. Stannis - dead
3. Meli - dream is dead
4. Cersei - shamed
5. Jon - dead temporarily

Atleast Bronn made it

TheContact

Main characters who possibly died this episode:

Myrcella
Arya
Reek
Sansa
Stannis
Jon Snow

That's a lot.

Myrcella definitely dead. Arya definitely blind but not dead. Reek and Sansa probably not dead. Snow breaks a fall pretty well. Stannis I don't think is dead only because they didn't show it. Jon snow is dead but like others have stated I think he comes back somehow with the lord of light. Maybe mellisandre finds baleric(sp?) and he resses him. Jon snow is just too damn important. Way more important than any other character killed in the whole show.

Edit: I re watched the scene with brienne and Stannis and it -does- make a fleshy slashing sound when she swings the sword but still they don't show it and we all know how that goes in film

sangreal

Can people please stop talking about how many times he was stabbed in the book or about how his "death" was spoiled for you before the show aired tonite. As far as we know in this thread he may come back by some red god magic or something

Seriously.... this is the no book thread, and I already feel spoiled for next season

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Even if they're just playing us and John gets resurrected or something how do we know that he'll be the same? The mountain is all grey and zombified plus that whole "vow of silence" thing.

FUCK.

At the little after-episode recap the showrunners were talking about Jon's death and how its tough because Ollie isn't a "bad guy" and you can "understand where he's coming from..."

NO YOU FUCKING CAN'T. HE'S A FUCKING BRAT WHO JUST STABBED HIS OWN COMMANDER BECAUSE HE SAVED THE LIVES OF SOME PEOPLE THEY DON'T LIKE. WTF.

i'd have stabbed the shit out of jon for saving the people who murdered the shit out of my family in front of me

being honest about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom