• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

So .. Melisandre's visions. I'm guessing and she saw Bolton banners burning and herself walking along the battlements after Jon 2.0 takes Winterfell with the Wildlings.

Wonder if that's also the 'Great Battle in the Snow' she showed Stannis, or maybe it was Hardhome. If Jon comes back it definitely means he's the Warrior of Light/Son of Fire and most of her flame visions were really about him. It would also likely mean that Shireen's sacrifice would have 'paid' for his life.

That's a pretty interesting way to look at it, I wouldn't mind that outcome. I figured she just said "fuck this lol, I'm out" and retreated to castle black once she found out half the troops bailed with all the horses.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I hope the Night's King wins. This land deserves destruction.
The only thing that makes sense, everyone sucks at Westeros.
This season ended okay, I guess. Season has been so bad that Ive grown completely detached to most characters. Gonna keep watching tho, alredy feel commited, gotta see how it ends

Kusagari

Night's Watch shit makes no sense.

Jon has now brought over thousands of wildlings and was the only one that could keep them in line.

Nights Watch guards saw the zombie apocalypse with Jon. None of them told the others about seeing this shit to prove Jon wasn't making it up?

oatmeal

Banned
So that's what it was. Harsh man.

I can say though at least you got to brace yourself, lol.

I don't know how it was for you and others but I figured it would be the final scene so when Ollie THE FUCKING CUNT grabbed him I knew what was up. :(

Was it shocking?

The red wedding was spoiled by my mom. She called me and said "crazy episode can't believe the king died"

I assumed Joffrey so when he didn't die and I watched things happen I was like "oh no they're all gonna die"

Spoilers suck :(

I like how in episode 10 last year Stannis' army swarmed the wildlings, and in episode 10 this year the Bolton army swarmed his. He really got fucked over this season.

MikeyB

Well, that's my patience burned through. If tonight's finale wasn't a demonstration in choosing smell the fart acting over good dialogue, I don't know what would be. I would love to see a season by season count of long "meaningful looks" in seconds and number.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Night's Watch shit makes no sense.

Jon has now brought over thousands of wildlings and was the only one that could keep them in line.

Nights Watch guards saw the zombie apocalypse with Jon. None of them told the others about seeing this shit to prove Jon wasn't making it up?

This is what bothers me the most.

Should have at least kept the gates closed. I mean it's impossible for this to have been a last minute decision but it certainly feels like it.

it was fucking Olly that piece of shit rat fuck.

This entire Night's Watch storyline is so fucking unbelievably stupid to begin with.

They fucking KNOW what's coming. Regardless of how you feel, the enemy of your enemy is your friend. It's not like there's a question. There is literal frozen death coming for EVERYBODY and they're mad because a few fucking rangers died.

I hope Jon comes back if only so he can string all of the real traitors by their necks. I don't really care about the subject of his parentage.

Holy shit that's depressing but honestly d&d don't know what's going to happen so I don't know how they can claim he's not coming back and was probably stupid of them to tell him he was done with the show for good

That link seems like spoilers so I dont think people should click.

I don't know how it was for you and others but I figured it would be the final scene so when Ollie THE FUCKING CUNT grabbed him I knew what was up. :(

Was it shocking?

The red wedding was spoiled by my mom. She called me and said "crazy episode can't believe the king died"

I assumed Joffrey so when he didn't die and I watched things happen I was like "oh no they're all gonna die"

Spoilers suck :(

I had Robs death spoiled early that season thanks to google autofilling it when searching...

I had Tywins death spoiled for me in a BF4 thread on gamefaqs a few hours before the episode aired...

People man...google man...fuck, lol.

The show isn't exactly going to drop a cliffhanger like that and they have both the actor and the showrunners come out and say "lol guys, jk Jon Snow is back next season". Of course they're gonna say he's dead.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Holy shit that's depressing but honestly d&d don't know what's going to happen so I don't know how they can claim he's not coming back and was probably stupid of them to tell him he was done with the show for good

Or maybe they are selling it real hard so when he comes back alive next season they can be all "omg we fooled you guys!"

Two battles I actually wanted to fucking see some emphasis on....

Both felt anticlimactic as all fuck.

Stannis vs Wildlings worked a lot better imo, this year's battle just felt rushed. I feel like Stannis can't really be dead, because that was a completely shit death for his character. At least show him being killed HBO, don't cut away.

McLovin

Kind of felt bad for Cersie but then I remembered what a bad person she was. I still want to see her get revenge and maybe die in the process *crosses fingers*

mokeyjoe

So .. Melisandre's visions. I'm guessing and she saw Bolton banners burning and herself walking along the battlements after Jon 2.0 takes Winterfell with the Wildlings.

Wonder if that's also the 'Great Battle in the Snow' she showed Stannis, or maybe it was Hardhome. If Jon comes back it definitely means he's the Warrior of Light/Son of Fire and most of her flame visions were really about him. It would also likely mean that Shireen's sacrifice would have 'paid' for his life.

Not just that but Shireen's death contributed to Stannis' defeat, which is the point she scarpered back to Castle Black in time to save John. So it fits into some 'grand scheme' if that's how she wants to interpret it. The rest of her prophecies make more sense for Jon. I'm not saying he's going to come back or die/stay dead, but it's weirdly 50/50 at the moment. Let's just say he's in a bit of bother.

Curufinwe

This entire Night's Watch storyline is so fucking unbelievably stupid to begin with.

They fucking KNOW what's coming.

The Night's Watch is made up of thieves and rapists and guys who had their friends and family killed by wildlings. It's not unrealistic or stupid for them to turn on Jon Snow.

Kusagari

It's been pretty obvious for a while that Mel's visions might be correct but that she herself was interpreting them incorrectly by thinking they meant to back Stannis.

Stannis, like it or not, was expendable. Mel isn't because she's one of the few with any knowledge of how to stop the walkers.

ReiGun

CONGRATULATIONS

You're all now caught up (and past really) with the book readers.

We are one now.

Hey that's awesome. Don't have to be as scared of spoilers, and maybe we'll all get to be in the same thread next year (provided GRRM does what we expect him to do and the new book isn't out by next season).

Also, I'm now on TeamWhiteWalkers. I think GRRM is trying to destroy everyone good you like and making it to where the WWs are the true savors that come through westros and kill everyone.

Road

So, cliffhangers:

Arya
Sansa and that guy
Kahleesy
Brienne and Stannis
Religious trial
Lannister girl death
Jon (believe)

I'm still so hot over this episode. Like, the only satisfying death was Meryn Fucking Trant, and it ended up with Arya getting boned.

That was the only satisfying anything in this episode. Everything else was mega disappointing.

I don't think this episode worked on me like they intended it to. Aside from Stannis dying(or not), every story from season 4 continues.
It was so deflating to not see any of this resolve that I'm not anxious for what happens next.
I'm not shocked by anything, I'm just numb. Nothing here mattered really.

I'm curious if the writers thought we wouldn't notice that they're stalling.

You're absolutely right.

Ridli

I'm still so hot over this episode. Like, the only satisfying death was Meryn Fucking Trant, and it ended up with Arya getting boned.

The Night's Watch is made up of thieves and rapists and guys who had their friends and family killed by wildlings. It's not unrealistic or stupid for them to turn on Jon Snow.

It is absolutely stupid to go against your best interests and hold a grudge against someone who's done the best he can for his subordinates while also doing what he can to uphold the code. The Night's Watch is fucking formed for this moment, not just to kill wildlings.

iNvid02

ollys gonna kill jon or hes gonna lure him somewhere, he'll let his guard down and someone else will ice jon.

i thought it would be a little more thought out but that little cunt olly literally went "HEY JON BENJEN" and he took the bait lol

ah god damn it jon, melisandre better revive you or get you to beric. lone woman at castle black doesnt sound good but davos is still there, and unaware of what she did to shireen, so maybe he'll look out for her long enough to bring jon back.

I'm of two minds.

I would love for Jon's whole "Who is his mother!?", "He has plot armor!" shit to be a huge distraction to the obvious nature of the state of the Nights Watch and how everyone hates his guts.

On another hand, Red Witch coming back just in time for Jon to get offed, as well as us seeing direct resurrections makes me feel that Jon isn't staying dead.

Either way, I didn't really like this episode. Good season endings wrap up story lines and hive hints of new ones. So many cliff hangers were thrown in here with little resolution for the relatively sparce plotlines introduced this season. This season was slow, and honestly they could have easily paced it better with putting some major things near the middle of the season, mainly Aria's.

Loakum

Banned
EEnh1Yz.gif

RIP Jon Snow

I don't think this episode worked on me like they intended it to. Aside from Stannis dying(or not), every story from season 4 continues.
It was so deflating to not see any of this resolve that I'm not anxious for what happens next.
I'm not shocked by anything, I'm just numb. Nothing here mattered really.

I'm curious if the writers thought we wouldn't notice that they're stalling.

Curufinwe

It is absolutely stupid to go against your best interests and hold a grudge against someone who's done the best he can for his subordinates while also doing what he can to uphold the code. The Night's Watch is fucking formed for this moment, not just to kill wildlings.

They don't think having Jon in charge is in their best interests.

You're just mad a character you liked got shived.

Oscar

Stannis vs Wildlings worked a lot better imo, this year's battle just felt rushed. I feel like Stannis can't really be dead, because that was a completely shit death for his character. At least show him being killed HBO, don't cut away.

Yeah I don't think Stannis is dead. HBO really likes to make it clear when someone is officially dead. They'll throw all the gore they can at ya, I don't see why they would opt out of a "Stannis' head gets chopped off and it goes flying" scene yet show Arya landing an ultra combo fatality on Meryn Trant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom