• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
TMountain wasn't resurrected by the lord of light. Barric was and he was mostly fine.
This gives me the tiniest sliver of hope, but Melissandre looked like she completely fucked up and is questioning her faith. My boy Jon. (._. ) My boy...

For real? Can someone confirm? I don't want to read any spoilers, wouldn't mind going into the spoilers thread to read their thoughts.

Book stuff, I guess?
For the most part, yes. At this point the books and show have converged and are going in different directions it seems.

NYR

Be advised you do not know everything that's happened in the books. I know this only because of a major event that has not yet happened in the show that was spoiled for me. I assume it will happen eventually.
Oh snap. Thanks for the heads up, staying away from the spoilers thread.

TheContact

Even if they're just playing us and John gets resurrected or something how do we know that he'll be the same? The mountain is all grey and zombified plus that whole "vow of silence" thing.

The mountain was ressed by potions and whatever. The lord of light brings back people like normal

Eos

Jon
B5G5Jk_IcAEHr2O.jpg

Having to wait 10 months to see what happens next
B5G5Jk_IcAEHr2O.jpg

Road

We need a mod in here ASAP banning all this book talk.

Cersei has the most plot armor of all.

Maybe I need to switch teams.

"Oh, no, I got shit on my face."

Maybe a White Walker will kill her.

Probably not, he'll trip and fall on an obsidian knife in front of her.

Curufinwe

What's so crazy about this show is that it's not even really satisfying or enjoyable to see someone like Cersei endure that. Even though she's done a bunch of horrible shit throughout the entire show I couldn't even watch that scene without feeling sympathy for her.

You're supposed to feel sympathy for her, despite all the evil things she's done. That's the whole point.

isual

i strongly believe Jon will be revived by the red witch. I think its because she had a vision to come back to castle black.

mokeyjoe

For the first couple of episodes I thought that other girl in the Many Faced God place was blind. The way she stared, the way she moved. Then I was like, um, no, hang on... Now with that thing with Arya - is there some weird Daredevil thing going on?

oatmeal

Banned
To those that saw me talk about a spoiler. Another forum had a thread titled "Jon Snow gets stabbed tomorrow"

That's it.

That wasn't Lena Headley either. Stunt body with face replacement. But they did a good job with it.

TheContact

Jon's eyes turned a way lighter shade of brown before the cut, seemed like some magic is at play. I expect a battle rez via Melisandre/Lord of Light like they did with Beric. They can't get rid of Jon, there's nobody left to cheer for lol.

Also, holy shit at Zombie/Frankenstein Mountain (It's him right?). Final boss.

I checked the scene out and his eyes don't lighten up but they dialate. Not sure if that was a natural real life thing or if that was intentionally done by the show

And now I don't see zombie mountain as a bad guy.

RDreamer

This gives me the tiniest sliver of hope, but Melissandre looked like she completely fucked up and is questioning her faith. My boy Jon. (._. ) My boy...

I'm reasonably confident he's coming back.

It'd be some really bad writing if he didn't...

I mean look at how they wrote things. As I said, The Mountain comes back this episode, and Melisandre is back at castle black, suddenly. They also went out of their fucking way for Melisandre to meet Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. It'd be the strangest writing in history if that thread just stopped there. I mean really you're going to have people randomly resurrecting some dude who the story obviously doesn't give a fuck about only to have that not come up again at this point, too? No way.

Oh, also that reminded me of Melisandre's prophecy with Ayra:

"eyes you'll shut forever"

NYR

That wasn't Lena Headley either. Stunt body with face replacement. But they did a good job with it.
Yeah. She has a bunch of weird tattoos in real life, so your could tell.

What is up with the actresses in this show refusing to do nudity now?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm guessing that was an act. I figure everything that happened was all according to keikaku.
The one other thing besides the red witch suddenly showing up, what in the world was up with the blood? Looked like figures rising up or something.

Curufinwe

From the OP, since there seems to be some confusion.

-ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

Tcab96

Does anyone actually believe Jon is a goner?

Part of me does, part of me doesn't. The part of me that does think Jon is dead is the one that considers this is Game of Thrones. Characters have been dying left and right and a lot of them don't come back. Killing a big character seems just like the Game of Thrones formula.

Not to mention it would be pretty cheap if they just brought him back in the next season. Don't get me wrong. Jon is one of the characters I care about and would love to see him alive.

The part of me that hopes and thinks Jon is alive reminds myself that Melisandre is at Castle Black who worships the Red God who can ressurect people. Earlier Melisandre seemed interested in Jon Snow, so maybe her interest will entice her to bring him back.

Then again, what would Jon even do from there after his own men killed him?

TLDR: I'm on the fence and crying.

iNvid02

robo mountain now programmed to destroy all lannister enemies was fun, as was the first glimpse at arya embracing the assassin lifestyle, cersei's walk of shame was interesting - is this and the news of myrcella going to break her, or will she come back with a vengeance?

but man otherwise this season just ends with a low blow sucker punch and a ton of cliffhangers.

- what the fuck happened to arya btw?
- the viper kiss was cool but then myrcella just goes ahead and professes to jaime that "hey incest is ok i get it lets hug it out" seconds before her nose starts bleeding lol - on a boat with no antidote, she probably dead right?
- theon and sansa are literally in mid air somewhere
- is stannis dead? it cut to ramsay before we got to see brienne put him down like the fucking animal he is (got a bit carried away there)

blackflag

If John is dead, there's literally no reason to keep watching. I'll go ahead and assume he isn't....well he is, but I mean, he'll be brought back to life.

To those that saw me talk about a spoiler. Another forum had a thread titled "Jon Snow gets stabbed tomorrow"

That's it.

So that's what it was. Harsh man.

I can say though at least you got to brace yourself, lol.

Nameless

So .. Melisandre's visions. I'm guessing and she saw Bolton banners burning and herself walking along the battlements after Jon 2.0 takes Winterfell with the Wildlings.

Wonder if that's also the 'Great Battle in the Snow' she showed Stannis, or maybe it was Hardhome. If Jon comes back it definitely means he's the Warrior of Light/Son of Fire and most of her flame visions were really about him. It would also likely mean that Shireen's sacrifice would have 'paid' for his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom