• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wore me out. Kinda feel angry and a little sick. That walk of shame really pissed me off, and what happened to Jon ended it all with the bitterest taste imaginable.

Oh well, at least I got to see that giant zombie knight.

Night's Watch shit makes no sense.

Jon has now brought over thousands of wildlings and was the only one that could keep them in line.

Nights Watch guards saw the zombie apocalypse with Jon. None of them told the others about seeing this shit to prove Jon wasn't making it up?

Agreed on both of those.

Did they even tell them about the shit they saw? Not that I didn't see it coming that Jon would get caught up in petty bullshit even after what he witnessed.

They don't think having Jon in charge is in their best interests.

You're just mad a character you liked got shived.

Why are you taunting me?

I'm not even a Jon Snow fan. Him dying wasn't the big shocker of the episode to me, and I'm only mad because the way he went out was shitty.

Cagey

Banned
Also, I'm now on TeamWhiteWalkers. I think GRRM is trying to destroy everyone good you like and making it to where the WWs are the true savors that come through westros and kill everyone.
Pssh I was on that bandwagon way back in season 1 when I realized Westeros and everyone in it fucking sucks and wanted Khal Drogo to bring the Mongolian Dothraki horde to rape and pillage the entire continent.

I will gladly take the Night's King stunting on fools as a suitable replacement.

Road

So the Hound's alive too?

They showed Arya leaving The Hound to die.

They didn't show Brienne leaving after killing Stannis. In fact, they made a point of not showing the kill blow (or maybe they did show and my cable feed skipped it). When has that ever happened in this show?

Edit: It doesn't matter either way. It was a terrible decision to use this as soap opera cliffhanger.

Makai

It is absolutely stupid to go against your best interests and hold a grudge against someone who's done the best he can for his subordinates while also doing what he can to uphold the code. The Night's Watch is fucking formed for this moment, not just to kill wildlings.
They probably made the right call, honestly. Worst Lord Commander ever.

MikeyB

I'm curious if the writers thought we wouldn't notice that they're stalling.
They must know. There is so much padding. The long walk of nudity, Dany's pick a bad strategy all season, pointless nudity in general, and the long meaningful looks? Padded as fuck.

I've gotta write this all out. To go from four great seasons to flaming dogshit requires some kind of catharsis.

So much for rightful heirs to the throne. Ramsey will be a good king.

That bastard made out like a bandit due to Stannis being Stannis lol.

Tyrion is going to ride into Westeros and burn the whole place down.

LOL

Also, I'm now on TeamWhiteWalkers. I think GRRM is trying to destroy everyone good you like and making it to where the WWs are the true savors that come through westros and kill everyone.

They're totally gonna resurrect the Westeros "all-star" team as their walkers or zombies.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I had Jons death spoiled by my boss. All I did was ask if she watches game of thrones, her reply? "No I don't want to finish the books because Jon Snow got stabbed."

Wtf? Out of fucking nowhere. I've been pretty good about avoiding spoilers for this show. Until someone irl decided to throw one my way.

They probably made the right call, honestly. Worst Lord Commander ever.

I won't disagree that his ability to lead was shit, but he made the right call with trying to get the Wildings on board.

That it would foster so much animosity from the Watch just means they deserve what they get.

If I were to weep for the demise of the Seven Kingdoms, it would only be because Dorne seems really chill.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wtf? Out of fucking nowhere. I've been pretty good about avoiding spoilers for this show. Until someone irl decided to throw one my way.
Repay the favor by spoiling the books for her when next season starts.

They must know. There is so much padding. The long walk of nudity, Dany's pick a bad strategy all season, pointless nudity in general, and the long meaningful looks? Padded as fuck.

I've gotta write this all out. To go from four great seasons to flaming dogshit requires some kind of catharsis.

I'm not even talking just about this episode, this entire season was nothing but stalling. Like the writers were afraid to take meaningful steps forward with the story.

I won't disagree that his ability to lead was shit, but he made the right call with trying to get the Wildings on board.

That it would foster so much animosity from the Watch just means they deserve what they get.

If I were to weep for the demise of the Seven Kingdoms, it would only be because Dorne seems really chill.

Yeah

I never watch the previously on clip that airs before the episode because I feel it spoils shit, I don't even watch previews but man I'd watch the living hell out of them right now if there was something for next season.

Minion101

Banned
Poor Jon...

yO5yVjJ.gif

Red queen is set up to do "something" with him though.

Curufinwe

I'm not even talking just about this episode, this entire season was nothing but stalling. Like the writers were afraid to take meaningful steps forward with the story.

Stannis going from being on top of the world with a massive army, to being dead or at least completely fucked is a huge step forward for the story.

MikeyB

Stannis going from being on top of the world with a massive army, to being dead or at least completely fucked is a huge step forward for the story.
See pre-blackwater to post-blackwater. At least in that battle, the plot to kill Tyrion came to light, Joffrey showed his true colours and the Hound moved on. And hadn't Stannis killed his brother in the same season?

Curufinwe

See pre-blackwater to post-blackwater. At least in that battle, the plot to kill Tyrion came to light, Joffrey showed his true colours and the Hound moved on. And hadn't Stannis killed his brother in the same season?

He killed his daughter (and his wife by proxy) this season. And the woman who was there when his brother was killed by his shadow finally caught up with him and got her revenge.

Road

Stannis was never on top of the world and his only victory was a meaningless one against Wildlings. It didn't change anything for anyone except for Melisandre.

By the way, where's Littlefinger? Any Tyrel at all? Rubbish.

Bran knew better by staying the fuck off this season.

Zeliard

That's the problem for this season. In my opinion previous seasons have done a good job (or at least a much better job) of pacing. This one has had a lot of questionable pacing. There's a lot of things they should have split and some areas they should have hastened through and some they should have slowed up on a bit. I mean, really, we get Stannis going straight from Shireen's death to an entire battle (which was barely even shown) and then his death in 2 episodes? Spread that shit out.

Yeah, I completely agree. I've felt for a while this season that the pacing has been abruptly quick for some of the more important things, with a lot of build-up for various events happening a lot faster than it has previously. It feels like they're racing to the finish in some ways.

Since the show's producers know how it all unfolds, and there's no more pretense about waiting for the book series to finish, they're now essentially in the midst of wrapping up final storylines. So the pieces, i.e. characters, are being moved to where they need to be quicker, and stuff in general that would have taken course over a few episodes in the past now gets a lot less.

There's the whole deal with Stannis vexing over how to keep his men alive to storm Winterfell, getting ambushed by Ramsay, and finally reaching the breaking point in deciding to torch his own daughter alive as he buries himself, his family, and his army. Stannis after leaving Castle Black is something that feels like it would have been notably more prolonged in past seasons (including the first two). As it stands his end felt anti-climatic.

If certain character deaths or other major events from this season aren't hitting as hard for some people as they think they should, the pacing is probably part of it (and possible desensitization, as people die an awful lot here, after all).

Nasser

Fuck the night watch I'm done with those fuckers.

Now there should be a special episode next week. They can't leave us for a whole year like this. NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom