• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summoner

it did seem kinda weird, i don't remember her boobs being that big
They definitely weren't that big, either they CGI her bigger boobs or they CGI her head on a body double.

Did anybody notice Cersei's face was CG'd on that body?
That's my thinking, her boobs and body in general were too voluptuous for Lena Heady.

As for Jon Snow....I'm 60/40 he will make it, otherwise Mel conveniently being there was for nothing. Besides, she needs a new prophesied King to follow to make her existence worthwhile, and of all the people there it's Jon Snow for now.

Curufinwe

Arya was nowhere close when Joffrey died, so I don't know why the Hound would need to be the one who kills the Mountain.

Stannis was never on top of the world and his only victory was a meaningless one against Wildlings. It didn't change anything for anyone except for Melisandre.

Literally, he was at the top of the civilized world, beat the wildlings easily, and had a massive army ready to march south and take control of Westeros.

Brojito

Neo Member
WTF is with all this Jon Snow hate? Jon defended the Wall against thousands of wildlings and giants. Jon walked out into the wildlings camp alone to kill Mance. Jon went to save a bunch of people from being turned into undead and faced down a WW, and killed it.

I fail to see how any of that made him a "poor leader". He was the best fucking leader the Nights Watch had.

I hope season 6 starts with all the Night's Watch still loyal to Jon going and slaughtering all the traitors who betrayed him. Let's get a closeup of Thorne and Olly's heads on a spike.

Road

Literally, he was at the top of the civilized world, beat the wildlings easily, and had a massive army ready to march south and take control of Westeros.

He was at the top of the world. If you look at a map, the North is at the top, yeah.

-----

Just remembered a post I made this season:

Jon tried his best Ned impersonation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTzbOA6cTYM (Shame about Ned's sword btw)

It would be too predictable of a parallel if Jon has the same fate as Ned, right?

GoT writer god doesn't really like when people behead others as a sentence for a frivolous crime.

VeeP

WTF is with all this Jon Snow hate? Jon defended the Wall against thousands of wildlings and giants. Jon walked out into the wildlings camp alone to kill Mance. Jon went to save a bunch of people from being turned into undead and faced down a WW, and killed it.

I fail to see how any of that made him a "poor leader". He was the best fucking leader the Nights Watch had.

I hope season 6 starts with all the Night's Watch still loyal to Jon going and slaughtering all the traitors who betrayed him. Let's get a closeup of Thorne and Olly's heads on a spike.

Maybe at this point the Nights Watch is full of illiterates and idiots who don't understand the sacrifices Jon made and why he made them.

Oscar

I think some users just want to watch the world burn so they'll hate on the current fan favorites to be edgy.

Minion101

Banned

I guess he was too focused on the big picture (white walkers) and not the dip shit crazy people around him. Much like Ned.

I think some users just want to watch the world burn so they'll hate on the current fan favorites to be edgy.

I thought he was talking about the people who stabbed him

RS4-

Red lady is clearly going to revive Jon

Going with this. I half expected him to blink or the blood forms into new Jon.

Saw the final two eps in theater. I think the Cersei stuff went on far too long. After a minute or two, I got the point.

FOR FUCK SAKES. Just finished watching now. Jon dying makes literally zero sense at all. Tie that to Arya and Sansa and this season just shit on the Starks all over again... though this time Sansa lived only so they can have a Stark to kill off next season.

ReiGun

Maybe at this point the Nights Watch is full of illiterates and idiots who don't understand the sacrifices Jon made and why he made them.

It's almost like filling an important fighting force with nothing but rapists and killers and other such criminals is a bad idea.

Dat Westeros leadership.

Makai

Did you see the part with that dude groveling for his life and Jon killed him anyway so he could get payback for Ned?

jon_snow_chop.0.gif

He made a lot of unpopular decisions. Wildlings was just the haybale that broke the camel's back.

Agreed, he was great. Though it's true he didn't do a great job massaging the egos of his group of detractors (and that brat Ollie).

Man it would be glorious if a decent number of the Night's Watch is fucking pissed about what went down when they find out since the vote of who should take over showed there should be a bunch who feel Jon had proved himself to be their best chance of survival.

I'd argue that a good leader can make people believe in you. I don't hate Jon, but the fact that he had people within his own camp at odds with him constantly despite his list of achievements might say something.

Of course, it could also argued that the people who betrayed him were down on him to begin with, and just needed a push by Thorne.

I dunno. I don't think he brought it on himself, and I don't think he deserved to go out like that. I think they were stupid for killing him for trying to do the right thing.

Of course, if it turns out that Mellisandre does try to bring him back with a blessing from the Lord of Light, there's going to be hell to pay.

God, I hate one year cliffhangers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did you see the part with that dude groveling for his life and Jon killed him anyway so he could get payback for Ned?

jon_snow_chop.0.gif

He made a lot of unpopular decisions. Wildlings was just the haybale that broke the camel's back.

That wasn't for payback, that was because that guy was a little shit and Jon had to do what he said he would.

ReiGun

Jon racked up an L for every W he got. In the end, not listening to his subordinates and going to the Free Folk was the L that cost him.

I guess he was too focused on the big picture (white walkers) and not the dip shit crazy people around him. Much like Ned.

Yup, I expected he was returning to hell after he was badass enough to face down the WW as he did and he and the rest of that group knew what was really awaiting them in the future.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm. That finale sure left almost every storyline at very, very abrupt moments. Everyone's super fucked, more than before.

Night's Watch is hardcore racist, simple as that. Fuck logic and rational concerns, gotta kill Wildlings and everyone near them.

Brojito

Neo Member

jon_snow_chop.0.gif

Jon didn't kill him to get back for Ned. He had nothing to do with it.

Jon killed that guy because he was a cowardly little shithead who basically told him to fuck off in front of everyone and refused a direct order. Even Thorne didn't stick up for that moron. Jon absolutely did the right thing in that situation. If he didn't kill that guy because he was pleading for his life everyone in the Night's Watch would walk all over Jon.

Chie Satonaka said:
I'd argue that a good leader can make people believe in you. I don't hate Jon, but the fact that he had people within his own camp at odds with him constantly despite his list of achievements might say something.

To me, it pretty much says that the Night's Watch are all idiots and unable to put aside their personal feelings in the face of clear and present danger. They're so stuck in their own beliefs that they would commit treason and kill their own Lord Commander for saving thousands of peoples lives that they hate when there is a literal undead army at their doorstep. If that isn't shortsighted I don't know what is. I can't even express how stupid their decision is, I hope either Melisandre revives him and he beheads them all, or the White Walkers show up the next day and fuck them all up. Then when they're getting ripped apart by undead maybe they'll stop and think, "hey, maybe we should've gotten the fuck over the wildlings and not killed Jon Snow".

Agreed, he was great. Though it's true he didn't do a great job massaging the egos of his group of detractors (and that brat Ollie).

Man it would be glorious if a decent number of the Night's Watch is fucking pissed about what went down when they find out since the vote of who should take over showed there should be a bunch who feel Jon had proved himself to be their best chance of survival.

I agree with this.

He shouldn't have had to, and you'd think Thorne being made First Ranger would have been good enough.

Summoner

FOR FUCK SAKES. Just finished watching now. Jon dying makes literally zero sense at all.........
This happened in the books, so they stayed the coarse. It's what happens afterwards that matters.......do they keep him dead like they have for a lot of characters? Or give him another lease of life like FrankenMountain.

Tuck

Yeah figured they were gonna end there. Pretty solid episode overall, though I wish we got Stannic-Death confirmation (I admit it was heavily implied)

I think having Jon Snow get revived at the end of the episode would have been a great cliffhanger instead of this supposed cliffhanger they decided to go with. It wouldnt even need an explanation. Everyone would understand and I personally would look forward to seeing what happens next.
Having possibly the most well liked and respected character on the show be saved by a character people dislike/despise like Melisandre complicates things in a whole new way. Not to mention that it screws with the viewers in a more meaningful way than obvious false death.

But instead theyve pushed that off til the next season.

JJP12

At the end of season 3, Melisandre told Stannis to let Davos live because he has a part to play in the war to come. Well he hasn't played his part yet. She knew she would need him to help revive John.

#JonSnowLives

Grifter

We weren't the only ones that gasped when it looked like the red haired woman reaching Castle Black could be Sansa, right? Fuck this show.

Ridli

At the end of season 3, Melisandre told Stannis to let Davos live because he has a part to play in the war to come. Well he hasn't played his part yet. She knew she would need him to help revive John.

#JonSnowLives

At this point Melisandre's word means nothing. She was legit shook before she bounced.

i dont care if melisandre has to dabble in some necrophilia you bring jon snow back

I get the feeling that she will. There has to be a reason she returned to the Night's Watch and ditched Stannis, right?

At this point Melisandre's word means nothing. She was legit shook before she bounced.

What if she was legit look about Stannis not being the one? Like she said, she has no powers - she's just human, so she can make mistakes. She could have misinterpreted her visions.

Seesaw15

I mean lets be honest, the Night's Watch aint shit so if that means we don't have to waste anymore time at the wall then great. All the mean mugging Ollys been giving Jon this season/ Sam's goodbye kind of robbed Jons death of any impact.

Curufinwe

Stannis couldn't even make any more shadow babies. Unlike Jon, assuming she can get him back up.

We weren't the only ones that gasped when it looked like the red haired woman reaching Castle Black could be Sansa, right? Fuck this show.

I think you might have been. To go from being in mid-air holding Theon's hand to being on a horse by herself at Castle Black would have been a bit of stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom