• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone gif Jon at the end. I want to see this change to his eyes everyone is on about.

I don't see it. His eyes do go from dark brown to light brown, but that seems to be just because the camera zooms in close enough to see his real eye color.

Hot-Kit-Harington-Pictures.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So... do we think Melisandre knew everything that was going to go down? Or at least knew she was misleading Stannis?

I don't see it. His eyes do go from dark brown to light brown, but that seems to be just because the camera zooms in close enough to see his real eye color.

God damn he is beautiful. <3

Daenerys is the only one safe to root for.

Honestly, no one is safe at this point.

So... do we think Melisandre knew everything that was going to go down? Or at least knew she was misleading Stannis?

I don't think she was misleading Stannis, by the look on her face when the bad news started pouring down for Stannis - she knew right then and there that she misinterpreted her visions.

Ridli

What if she was legit look about Stannis not being the one? Like she said, she has no powers - she's just human, so she can make mistakes. She could have misinterpreted her visions.

We already have proof that Mel's words do have some weight.

She likely just completely misread her visions by backing Stannis.

I think she thinks she got dropped by the Lord of Light. And I'm trying to remember what the last power she has expressed since the Shadow. Maybe she's being played too.

Sean*O

I don't even think I'll watch this episode. This show has become a parody of itself and tries too hard to be depressing. Not spending anymore time on it.

royalan

God damn he is beautiful. <3

I don't think she duped Stannis. I think they both learned that, in a war, serving the Lord of Light doesn't mean fuck all if you can't keep the loyalty of your men.

Like the selfish prick he is, Stannis tried to run for the easy way by using more of Melissandre's blood magic. But he never stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, his sell swords would be disgusted by a man willing to burn his own daughter alive.

Hahaha at all the people who are like "you killed my favorite character, i'm done". No one is safe. Jon had a nice run but his fate was always sealed up at the wall. No way he'd survive against the walkers long anyway.

Dice//

Banned
I don't even think I'll watch this episode. This show has become a parody of itself and tries too hard to be depressing. Not spending anymore time on it.

I'm not terribly hot-blooded about the "Sansa rape" situation as much as I think it's weird when stuff like this is happening outside of the books. Then I raise an eyebrow; and yeah I could see it being a bit aggravating to add "sad shit for the sake of it" (** if I'm wrong about any of this let me know, I haven't read the books)

Lord of Light brought back Beric Dondarrion...IN RED LADY WE TRUST

b7hKs3F.jpg

Pretty much this.

The clues?

Melissandre has a blood magic spell to use because she sacrificed shereen.

The night watch didn't burn Jon Snow which is what you are supposed to do.

Bolton flags are supposed to burn, Jon will be burning them.

iNvid02

I get the feeling that she will. There has to be a reason she returned to the Night's Watch and ditched Stannis, right?

she looked visibly shaken so faith in stannis and maybe even lord of light lost. shes only demonstrated that shes good at taking life thus far, if jon is going to be revived then i cant see her doing shit aside from getting that beric guy involved - maybe they are two sides of the same coin in taking life and returning it via lord of light?

on the bright side at least they didnt behead him. jesus lol

I feel like Jons story has too many loose ends left untied. Uncle Benjin, his mom (and maybe even his father). No way he stays dead.

Benjin is long dead. His mom is some tavern wench who's probably dead. These things are kind of useless to learn in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think she duped Stannis. I think they both learned that, in a war, serving the Lord of Light doesn't mean fuck all if you can't keep the loyalty of your men.

Like the selfish prick he is, Stannis tried to run for the easy way by using more of Melissandre's blood magic. But he never stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, his sell swords would be disgusted by a man willing to burn his own daughter alive.

Exactly. The man is an idiot and so is Meli.

I really don't see how that was never considered by either of them. That these sacrifices would have other consequences especially considering that so many of those men weren't of the same faith.

They might be sell swords but everyone has boundaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzbLYrUqmTg

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

Nah, she looked legit shook. The vision she saw was most likely someone else's victory. Or the Lord of Light was messing with her because other things are in motion and Stannis had to lose.

Vestal

Pretty much this.

The clues?

Melissandre has a blood magic spell to use because she sacrificed shereen.

The night watch didn't burn Jon Snow which is what you are supposed to do.

Bolton flags are supposed to burn, Jon will be burning them.

His watch has ended, now rise and take your place as the true King of the North. Like I said in the other thread, it would be a way to get around the oath of the Watch.

Zeliard

Melisandre looked genuinely rattled once she heard that half of Stannis' army had deserted. I think she has her own agenda, but that agenda at least at the time centered on Stannis, and what happened is something she definitely was not expecting.

dLMN8R

I'm starting to think that the White Walkers are actually the power of "light" and good since humans are all fucking trash!

Kusagari

We could see actual growth in Mel's character if she does revive Jon and decides to back him against the Walkers.

He is not going to go along with the whole burning shit like Stannis did.

Hahaha at all the people who are like "you killed my favorite character, i'm done". No one is safe. Jon had a nice run but his fate was always sealed up at the wall. No way he'd survive against the walkers long anyway.

It's not about favorite characters being killed, it's about unresolved plot points. Which is why I don't think he is done.

Phionoxx

So... Sansa and Theon are dead, right? You don't jump off the wall of a castle into a sheet of ice waiting below and survive that.... right?

iNvid02

season 6 opens with jons mutilated corpse on a pike to dispel all resurrection theories

So... Sansa and Theon are dead, right? You don't jump off the wall of a castle into a sheet of ice waiting below and survive that.... right?

if the ice melted for the battle to take place then there is deep snow below

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom