• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridli

I am intrigued by the Dani's encounter with the Dothraki.

At first it seemed hostile, but then it seemed a little...celebratory?

Is it possible that they remember her as Khal Drogo's wife, and that still holds some sway with them?

Someone might recognize her, but I don't think they are gonna bend the knee after all this time. Once Drogo died nobody gave a damn about her. They bolted immediately back in S1. Unless she trains her dragon immediately, she has no power that they respect.

It'll be weird if Stannis got the Hound treatment.

Not fully convinced he's dead but really, what reason is there for him to live at this point? He's lost everything.

Melisandre has got to be bringing back Jon Snow from the dead. That was a painful betrayal, but Melisandre just showing up at the Wall just can't be a coincidence.

Also I'm super interested to see what the hell is gonna happen with King's Landing and Dorne after Jamie's daughter was poisoned by a poison ivy kiss from Oberyn's crazy girlfriend

Overall, the reason I did not like this episode besides the stuff I mentioned like how abrupt it was, is I cannot actually gauge its quality until the next season. Which I am not a fan of. I can finally see why people are so frustrated with the end of the last two books as it leaves much to be desired. This season felt like a beginning and a middle with no end. I am not jumping ship from this show or anything and am anticipating season 6 more than I did season 5. I am just bummed out that the finale ends abrupt cliffhangers. Especially since the consequences are probably a lot of bait and switches with making characters looking like they died but not really. Maybe my opinion of this episode will change the more I think about it.

Pretty much how I feel. This was easily the worst season so far, not saying it's terrible tho. It's just towards the last few episodes, gauging how much they had set up, you just knew there wasn't going to be satisfying or even clear conclusions to all of it. With all the padding this season had, it's odd how much it felt like they barely got everyone's plot threads tied off before the episode ended. As finale's go, it's a far cry from last season's glorious finale with Arya boarding a ship to Braavos with that uplifting choral arrangement of the main theme behind it.

Derwind

I wouldn't say "definitely," but I'm not expecting them to avoid injury from that. Wouldn't surprise me if one (or both?) of them is severely injured or disabled.

Okay, I shouldn't say its definite that they died at that height but just as you said, if they come out unscathed from that, my eyes will be rolling a 180 into my skull. I promise you that.

My eyes.... they shal roll.

Okay, I shouldn't say its definite that they died at that height but just as you said, if they come out unscathed from that, my eyes will be rolling a 180 into my skull. I promise you that.

My eyes.... they shal roll.

As we are taught in frozen " it's like falling into a pillow " when you jump from 200ft into fresh powder

Nameless

My only question is, if Jon does come back (which I agree is likely), and he does ultimately march on Winterfell (also likely), who will be his army?

The few wildlings that survived seemed to be mostly women and children...and Wun Wun.

A few thousand Wildlings with the Northern muscle Stannis hoped to corral by naming Jon Lord of Winterfell. Part of Davos's role under Stannis was to convince houses to fight for him, so good thing he's at The Wall too.

Blader

Fuck. I was NOT expecting that. I really thought, more than anyone besides Dany and Tyrion, that Jon was safe until the endgame.

I have to imagine he'll be revived. Melisandre's convenient return to Castle Black, the lingering mystery of Jon's mother, and the fact that he's the only one (with Stannis now dead) who actually gives a shit about putting up a defense against the White Walkers...I find it really hard to believe he's dead for good. But even still...goddamn.

Overall I liked the finale, liked where most of the stories ended up even if there was little way in the way of resolution (then again, books aren't finished, so of course there isn't). Arya's kill was brutally satisfying, Stannis' defeat was anti-climactic but felt appropriately so... I kinda wish we'd seen the battle, but at the same time it wasn't altogether necessary, he knew and we knew that he was fucked once the Bolton army came into view; it was a foregone conclusion before it even began. At least Brienne got her revenge out of it.

I think I liked the season more than most, but it's the first time where I felt the show didn't top its previous year. Some plots seemed rushed, others felt artificially drawn out. But as always, I'm intrigued as hell to see where it goes next.

Ridli

Melisandre has got to be bringing back Jon Snow from the dead. That was a painful betrayal, but Melisandre just showing up at the Wall just can't be a coincidence.

Also I'm super interested to see what the hell is gonna happen with King's Landing and Dorne after Jamie's daughter was poisoned by a poison ivy kiss from Oberyn's crazy girlfriend

Yeah, Ellaria really pissed me off. She knows her kinda-nephew is now basically a Lannister hostage, since he was going w/ Myrcella to King's Landing. But she decides to keep at it and kill Myrcella. Dr. Bashir isn't going to back her up. Honestly, the only logical thing for Dorne to do is immediately send Ellaria's head in a box to King's Landing.

a916

Lol, the show where all the good guys die/suffer and the bad guys get redemption stories only to die/suffer.

This show was never going to have a happy ending, but a satisfying ending might be putting it out of the realm as well.

Also, the battle of Winterfell happened off screen? Lol. The thing they were building all season?

More them obvious that Sansa and Theon will now be hunted by Ramsay. He will catch up to them. Probably kill Theon and right before grabbing Sansa to take her back Brienne walks out and they fight. Brienne will win and her and Sansa will make for the wall. Which according to this show is like 2 days walk from Winterfell lol.

All that buildup of Stannis for ... That? So sad.

Arya is beginning to see what it is to be a faceless man. Next season should be most interesting for her . Her arc is the only one I like so far this entire show

Dany Is now surrounded by Dothraki with a hurt Drogon. So shocked. They will kill off Drogon next since that dragon has personality and we like it a little bit. Can't have that in this story now can we

I dunno. I guess the death of Jon was supposed to be surprising but that shit was choreographed weeks ago. " for the watch ". Fuck the watch.

Guess this story is about nothing more then making you want Westeros to burn. They hav done well at it.

Thank god this season is over. So bad. Just hope there is a good story somewhere in this giant clusterfuck that this show has turned into

Here's the thing, they want us to root for the White Walkers and be all like, "Whoo #TeamNightsKing #TeamWhiteWalkers, kill everyone in Westeros"

And then...
the WWs somehow get wiped out off-screen and Ramsay and 20 good men continue their slaughter in the 7 Kingdoms.

Imm0rt4l

-'Kill the boy so the man can be born'
-'Jon always comes back'
-'There's power in you'
-Meli's perfect timing in showing up at The Wall
-Visions of her at Winterfell surrounded by burning Bolton banners.

Kit will have to sign on as a series regular on Walking Dead or something before I believe Jon is gone for good. The Snow will Rise

They also didn't make it a point to have Beric and Thoros discuss resurrection with Melisandre for no reason.
I want to believe.

Didn't Melisandre encounter a man who brought back the dead or was that just the one guy who had died several times over?

Dahbomb

Of all the people to fucking die in this episode....

Fucking Ramsay got away AGAIN!!!

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That cersie scene. wow. Fuck I feel sorry for her, and wtf was that ending. So unexpected and unneeded. These fuckers are going to get it when white walkers march in.

Of all the people to fucking die in this episode....

Fucking Ramsay got away AGAIN!!!

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

lol perfect reaction

patchday

Pretty much how I feel. This was easily the worst season so far, not saying it's terrible tho. It's just towards the last few episodes, gauging how much they had set up, you just knew there wasn't going to be satisfying or even clear conclusions to all of it. With all the padding this season had, it's odd how much it felt like they barely got everyone's plot threads tied off before the episode ended. As finale's go, it's a far cry from last season's glorious finale with Arya boarding a ship to Braavos with that uplifting choral arrangement of the main theme behind it.

yeah I also feel this was the worst season (still enjoyable but had some issues). This finale was so full of cliffhangers.

Still a good show and I'm sure I'll be back for more :)

demolitio

Jon is definitely not dead. A little too coincidental that Melisandre shows up just before this happens when she's the one that believes he's got a higher calling in life. She's not perfect, but we've seen people get revived before so who knows what someone with her abilities could do...

I guess this would relieve him of his oath so he could go kick some ass, right? I feel like he's more likely to rule Westeros than Dany.

rando14

Amidst dankness and despair, let us not forget, Sansa and Theon are FREE!!

Oh, I imagine the hijinks those two will get into!! I can hear the fake sitcom audience laughter now :')

Loakum

Banned
Yep, it was the Dothraki. Confirmed from HBO's Inside the Episode.

Well.. they said that "it didn't work out well for Jon Snow." That leaves the door still wide open imo

It's safe to say Daenarys is gonna have a non nude rape seen next season. We all know what the Dothraki is gonna do to her.

Kusagari

Amidst dankness and despair, let us not forget, Sansa and Theon are FREE!!

Oh, I imagine the hijinks those two will get into!! I can hear the fake sitcom audience laughter now :')

Until Ramsay and his good men, and maybe some hounds too, find them in episode 1 of next season.

Watching this shit again, i'd like nothing more than for Jon to come back somehow and impale Olli and be like "Oh you're a big boy now are ya? Doing murder like a big tough guy? Look here guys, it's the only person ever to have lost loved ones. I can give you the peace you seek, you ungrateful little shit." Then boom, off with his head Slynt style.

iNvid02

Where's podrick he should be at briennes side

Man I wish Jon would've said something like "I hope you fuckers burn when they come".
Far too honourable for that, actually thought he was gonna be courteous and wait until everybody had stabbed him before dropping to the ground.

a916

So... isn't the whole point of having a satisfying end to the series, we actually have an invested party to root for? They've effectively erased off all fan favorites in the first 5 seasons save for Dany (who people find annoying) and Tyrion (which means he'll be next)

gosox333

So books spoilers are a thing of the past now eh?

Next season's gonna be something else. And no I don't believe for a second the next book will be out by then.

rando14

Until Ramsay and his good men, and maybe some hounds too, find them in episode 1 of next season.

;_;

Stannis sacrificed his daughter so.. what did he get in return?

A fitting end!!

Watching this shit again, i'd like nothing more than for Jon to come back somehow and impale Olli and be like "Oh you're a big boy now are ya? Doing murder like a big tough guy? Look here guys, it's the only person ever to have lost loved ones. I can give you the peace you seek, you ungrateful little shit." Then boom, off with his head Slynt style.

He'd have to kill a LOT of nights watch, would reduce their roster to like 10 dudes lol

Madrin

I got spoiled on Jon's death and Arya going blind by some piece of shit on YouTube. I've managed to avoid all GoT spoilers except for those two and I'm so mad because I was just waiting for them to happen for the whole episode.

Great episode, though. The one good thing about characters dying off is that it might mean more screen time for Tyrion in future seasons, who is still the best character on the show.

I think Brienne doesn't kill Stannis, this is GoT they would show it. I think she will take him as a prisoner or hostage, and till the point where the Boltons get what is coming to them and Stannis gets last laugh. The show does a good job trying to change the perception of the Lannisters. I didn't even feel for Cersei she seems to have gotten her power up in a restored Mountain apparently. Jaimie is whatever but he continues to fail at anything he does. Fuck Reek forever as if he shows signs of Theon after everything he has done. I hope Sansa turns him and lands on him making him absorb the heavy fall. Dany search is probably going to be the plot of next season with Tyrion doing what he did as Kings hand before for Joffrey. Arya going to become daredevil like but again this show continues to fuck over the Starks even Jon Snow. Who the fuck saw that happening to Jon Snow after surviving the White Walkers

iNvid02

on the bright side the adventures of daario and mormont. 2 disgraced fighters searching for their queen, a woman whom both their hearts and swords belong to.

where will their journey take them? Tune in Sunday's at 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom