• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... isn't the whole point of having a satisfying end to the series, we actually have an invested party to root for? They've effectively erased off all fan favorites in the first 5 seasons save for Dany (who people find annoying) and Tyrion (which means he'll be next)

Well, there's Bronn...

At this point, as far as non-Dany invested parties that I can root for, there's... Prince Dr. Bashir of Dorne? Olenna Tyrell? I'm shocked that Tommen wasn't offed yet, given the season's prophecy, but he's worth pulling for if he grows a spine between seasons.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Some asshole in my WoW raid said Jon died a few months back and I saw about 2 people saying he was going to die on Twitch today so I sort of knew it was coming.

Still fucking broke my heart, goddammit. Jon was my favorite character left and now he's gone from the show. Now that Stannis is dead and Jon is no more, I'm not sure who I want to see succeed.

Man, I feel gutted. Someone hold me.

Someone might recognize her, but I don't think they are gonna bend the knee after all this time. Once Drogo died nobody gave a damn about her. They bolted immediately back in S1. Unless she trains her dragon immediately, she has no power that they respect.

Except at the time they left, Dany had accomplished really nothing of worth besides hatching the dragons and taming Drogo (which they absolutely despised her for). However, since then, she has had some big accomplishments. She has amassed an army for herself, looted Qarth, one of the biggest cities of the known world, steamrolled through Slaver's Bay (though she is having difficulties on the ruling front), and has shown her ruthless streak. Based off what we have seen in Volantis, with the Red Priestess there painting Dany as the savior and whores dressing up as her, Dany is probably one of the most famous pesons in the world. The Dothraki would know of her feats. It is very likely that they now respect Dany and that she can lead them. I think it is wrong to say that "she has no power that they respect". The Dothraki are a meritocratic people, I would say she has done enough to prove herself to them.

a916

Well, there's Bronn...

At this point, as far as non-Dany invested parties that I can root for, there's... Prince Dr. Bashir of Dorne? Olenna Tyrell? I'm shocked that Tommen wasn't offed yet, given the season's prophecy, but he's worth pulling for if he grows a spine between seasons.

You mean Prince of "I refuse to fight at any costs"... which in GOT gets you killed. If that prophecy is true from the first episode of Season 5,
he's not long for the world either.

Well, there's Bronn...

I thought they would pull something where Tommen comes down and is like 10 years older, to show a jump in time. But that's only because I thought it was at the end of the episode.

Ridli

How do we know arya went blind vs just getting knocked out or some shit?

She made a big point about screaming how she can't see. If they wanted to tease her getting hurt in another way I think they would have changed up her dialogue.

Except at the time they left, Dany had accomplished really nothing of worth besides hatching the dragons and taming Drogo (which they absolutely despised her for). However, since then, she has had some big accomplishments. She has amassed an army for herself, looted Qarth, one of the biggest cities of the known world, steamrolled through Slaver's Bay (though she is having difficulties on the ruling front), and has shown her ruthless streak. Based off what we have seen in Volantis, with the Red Priestess there painting Dany as the savior and whores dressing up as her, Dany is probably one of the most famous pesons in the world. The Dothraki would know of her feats. It is very likely that they now respect Dany and that she can lead them. I think it is wrong to say that "she has no power that they respect". The Dothraki are a meritocratic people, I would say she has done enough to prove herself to them.

Like, I kinda of get that. But 1 on 1 combat challenges are kind of their thing and she's out in the wilderness alone and unarmed. If she was in her seat of power I would be more likely to believe it. At the very least, I consider her to be in danger.

Something grabbed Brianne of Tarth...look at that scene again...

Absolutely nothing grabbed her or even suggested that she did anything but swing her sword. Watch again and if you're watching it on Go then freeze it frame it.

If she killed him or not is another question.

Raynes

Some asshole in my WoW raid said Jon died a few months back and I saw about 2 people saying he was going to die on Twitch today so I sort of knew it was coming.

Still fucking broke my heart, goddammit. Jon was my favorite character left and now he's gone from the show. Now that Stannis is dead and Jon is no more, I'm not sure who I want to see succeed.

Man, I feel gutted. Someone hold me.

Can we stop talking about spoilers ffs? Those spoilers have come from the book, we don't discuss book shit here, is that particularly difficult to comprehend? There is still stuff which has happened in the books which has not happened in the show. Some of us are speculating that Jon is still alive, the fact that your book spoiler confirmed him dead is an indirect spoiler for us.

Jarnet87

So the person who Arya thought was Jaqen wasn't really Jaqen. Is the real Jaqen that Arya met back in season 2 out there somewher else, or maybe he wasn't really Jaqen at all? Basically Braavos was just a giant bag of nonsense as of now in GoT,

So even if you read all the books that are out right now...we are caught up with the show, except a few smaller plot lines?

No one - tv how watchers or book readers know if Jon is brought back to life...right?

Phionoxx

I think they committed suicide. At that height, even landing in a pool of water can be dangerous depending on how shallow it is. Falling on snow and ice will definitely kill them.

It'd be very disappointing if they cleared that height unscathed.

I'm with you. Suicide jump so they could both die on their own terms, and not be subjected to Bolton anymore.

wqj0AaO.jpg

I mean, you don't survive that jump - even if it is snow, and not ice.

mm04

Well, that was a way to end the season. Thanks for making the Starks the most cursed house ever, GRRM. I hope all those f'ers in Castle Black get castrated by the WWs.

Can we stop talking about spoilers ffs? Those spoilers have come from the book, we don't discuss book shit here, is that particularly difficult to comprehend? There is still stuff which has happened in the books which has not happened in the show. Some of us are speculating that Jon is still alive, the fact that your book spoiler confirmed him dead is an indirect spoiler for us.

book -
he's wrong, it's not confirmed, it's ambiguous like the show. Total cliffhanger. Don't worry you haven't been spoiled on anythingm

Well that certainly was a downer. Season 4's finale ended all hopeful with Arya sailing towards Bravos and now Season 5.

I'm definitely hooked to see if they've actually gotten rid of Jon Snow since they've previously introduced the ability for the Lord of Light to bring someone back. I'd also be more likely to think he is perma dead if they did it earlier in the episode instead of right at the end. At the same time GRRM seems like the kind of guy who would just knock off a character like that, in which case fuck everything, I hope the White Walkers rip every miserable piece of crap in Westeros to shreds.

My thinking is that Melisandre saw the flaming banners of the Boltons when she goes there with Jon as they possibly flee the White Walkers who have begun their assault on the wall and the Boltons won't let them through so they murder them.

Another interesting thing if Jon is indeed dead, now that Theon and Sansa have fled Winterfell there next destination is likely either back to the Vale and Littlefinger or towards Jon and The Wall.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Someone in this very thread said we're caught up to the books now. I completely hate spoilers as much as anyone but that's just dumb. People were spoilering that he was going to die tonight, come the fuck on.

You're being ridiculous.

demolitio

Besides thinking Jon Snow will be healed/resurrected due to Melisandre showing up, I also don't think Brienne killed Stannis. When he said, "Do your duty" or whatever, I think that made her realize what she should be doing. Executing him like that does nothing for the rest of Westeros and I think she's too honorable to kill him like that while forgetting about Sansa.

book -
he's wrong, it's not confirmed, it's ambiguous like the show. Total cliffhanger. Don't worry you haven't been spoiled on anythingm

The Entertainment Weekly interview flatout had Kit confirm he's dead. It's not a book spoiler or show spoiler anymore, it happened hours ago. You saw him bleed out and not blink. Like I said, the only thing now is if he's resurrected or just stays dead, and none of us will know till this time next year barring an on-set pic leaking.

NolbertoS

Wait.. do we know this for sure? Please for the love of God tell me the show has caught up

I recall the producers and directors of the show statinf that next season they'll be in new geound as GRRM will now reveal to them the dirextion the books were going to go, had he finished them. I doubt GRRM will finish the remaining books in his lifetimes

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Entertainment Weekly interview flatout had Kit confirm he's dead. It's not a book spoiler or show spoiler anymore, it happened hours ago. You saw him bleed out and not blink. Like I said, the only thing now is if he's resurrected or just stays dead, and none of us will know till this time next year barring an on-set pic leaking.

well... yes... you have to die in order to be reborn :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom