• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynes

Someone in this very thread said we're caught up to the books now. I completely hate spoilers as much as anyone but that's just dumb. People were spoilering that he was going to die tonight, come the fuck on.

You're being ridiculous.

No don't call me ridiculous for pointing how very reasonably what you're doing is moronic and unfair. And there is a VERY big book spoiler going around, I can PM you the details if you so wish. Have a nice day.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm very depressed right now. Thank God E3 is tomorrow...

"And we're very proud to announce that coming this time next year Microsoft and the Lord of Light will be bringing Jon Snow back to life"

No don't call me ridiculous for pointing how very reasonably what you're doing is moronic and unfair. And there is a VERY big book spoiler going around, I can PM you the details if you so wish. Have a nice day.

I'm sorry that I didn't spoil anything for you and if you want to PM me a spoiler then go right ahead.

Again, you're being ridiculous. I didn't spoil shit.

After reading the EW article I just can't believe that's how they end it with his character.

Why leave the mystery surrounding his parents open? Why have him and the Night's King make the epic standoff? Why have Mel say all this shit about him and have it lead nowhere?

To just off his character like that is lame.

Decado

So...what are the odds
the lady Melisandra revives Jon like the Red Priest does with the dude The Hound nearly split in half?
Haven't read the latest book, but I gotta feel that is a potential scenario. There is practically no-one left...

Einchy

A character dying and then bring brought to life is always one of the dumbest things a piece of media can do.

In this case, though, fucking do it GRRM. I don't care how dumb it looks, just bring Jon Snow back.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
The fact that your book spoiler confirmed him dead is an indirect spoiler for us.

Oh come on. You already knew in your heart of heart he's dead and he's not coming back. He got Julius Ceasar'd. The Mountain wasn't dead dead when he got the zombie blood transfusion. He was just wounded and poisoned. And the other guy the Hound killed was already a loyal lord of light devotee prior to his death. And it's Game of Thrones!

But yeah FFS no book spoilers. I didn't actually KNOW he was DEAD dead. Thanks

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So...what are the odds
the lady Melisandra revives Jon like the Red Priest does with the dude The Hound nearly split in half?
Haven't read the latest book, but I gotta feel that is a potential scenario. There is practically no-one left...

Man, they'd better pull some shit out of their ass. Because this show is going to be shit nex season. I don't have any characters left to give a shit about.

I'm team White Walkers now. I hope they come through and destroy everything in sight.

Raynes

I'm sorry that I didn't spoil anything for you and if you want to PM me a spoiler then go right ahead.

Again, you're being ridiculous. I didn't spoil shit.

I gave you a reasonable response as to why pointing out what book spoiler you got here is problematic for show watchers. Your response "You're being ridiculous...I didn't spoil shit". Nice well thought out response man.

my nigga Bron when that sand snake whispered in his ear
images

The books and the show ARE NOT CAUGHT UP with each other. There's plenty of things that have not been shown that may be shown at a later time. Even some of the smaller plotlines tend to tie back into the main plot.

So for show watchers, we are ahead in some stories, and behind in others. Don't go thinking you're all caught up. Just a warning.

well... yes... you have to die in order to be reborn :>

They're under the assumption he didn't die at all and that was the cliffhanger. The cliffhanger was "will he stay dead or is this it"

I hope he is resurrected because he rules and who the fuck who isn't terrible is left to root for otherwise, but this is Game of Thrones and I'm moving on assuming he's permadead

NolbertoS

Well obviously Jon Snow is "dead" now. Kit Harrington can just confirm this season and not next seasons plotholes, if he comes back. As much as GRRM loves whacking people off, there's too mich foreshadowing and coincidence that Melisandre arrival and Davos being there and now Jon Snow is "dead", too ambiguous of an ending. Olli was focused specificially for many episodes as the person to most betray Jon. I saw that a mile away. Read shaskespeare and wars of the roses hostory to kinda see GRRM mind in telling his story.

So we're fully caught up with the books now?

Yes and no. There are major plotlines that never occurred in the show, and it is unclear for some whether they were flat out cut or just haven't occurred. In some cases it's obvious, others not so.

So I wouldn't go about reading any wikis or heading into the other thread just yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, they'd better pull some shit out of their ass. Because this show is going to be shit nex season. I don't have any characters left to give a shit about.

I'm team White Walkers now. I hope they come through and destroy everything in sight.

Amen, the only ones left alive worth a damn are Tyrion, Varys and Bronn. Everyone else can die horrible deaths at the hands of the White Walkers for all I care. So long as those three survive and can bro out I am good.

Einchy

I gave you a reasonable response as to why pointing out what book spoiler you got here is problematic for show watchers. Your response "You're being ridiculous...I didn't spoil shit". Nice well thought out response man.

People who have read the books replied to you telling you it wasn't a spoiler.

What exactly do you want me to apologize for?

But the book is caught up with the show for most plot points..what he posted was after the show ended. Book readers literally know nothing more than show watchers now except for some minor stuff. You actually are overreacting.

White Walkers rule, no shame in that. They revive the people they kill, and save babies by doing so.

Please dont tell me that Jon Snow is legit dead.

Please tell me he has magic blood that resurrects him

What the fuck was that. It was so unceremonious. What the hell was this whole episode. So left and right.

What happened to all the theories, I thought he was the hero, what the hell

Ok, #TeamNotDead also for Sansa/Theon. There is absolutely no way they killed off not one, but two huge characters in a suicide jump from the top of a wall that they cut away from. This is the North, there is a ton of freshly fallen snow down there and that's how they'll handwave it. It would be less silly for them to survive the jump than it would be for the show to take 2 characters with seasons worth of unresolved arc's and to simultaneously end them in a spontaneous suicide jump they show absolutely no aftermath or fallout from.

a916

Cersei redemption story baby! Then after she get's offed, we'll get a Ramsay redemption story and he'll save all of us from the White Walkers.

Eyeh4wk

At this rate I seriously believe that the white walkers are going to conquer Westeros, since all the "good guys" are dropping like flies (even Stannis).

rexor0717

Have any other major deaths happened in the last episode? I don't think so. Tywin doesn't count btw.

Ok, #TeamNotDead also for Sansa/Theon. There is absolutely no way they killed off not one, but two huge characters in a suicide jump from the top of a wall that they cut away from. This is the North, there is a ton of freshly fallen snow down there and that's how they'll handwave it. It would be less silly for them to survive the jump than it would be for the show to take 2 characters with seasons worth of unresolved arc's and to simultaneously end them in a spontaneous suicide jump they show absolutely no aftermath or fallout from.

Oh, they for sure aren't deed. I don't even think thats a question.

Josh5890

I kept waiting for Cersi to be stabbed or something during her walk. I acually thought she might jump on the bridge. Nope, that woman will live on.

Jon dying sucked horribly. I thought he was going to be a key player after the white walker fight.

Tyrion being placed in charge makes me think the search party is going to be out for a while.

Overall I dont know why I bother rooting for the Starks at this point. Look at the remaining family members. Arya is going blind. Sansa is (probably) stuck in the wilderness alone with a man who is as stable as a table missing a leg. Bran is hundreds of miles away from the wall and can't walk. And who knows where the hell Rickon is.

MG310

I'm going with Stannis living because when was the last time something went the way Brienne wanted it to go?

Kinda wish they gave The Mountain a helmet that covered up his whole face. I don't think anybody is buying the vow of silence thing from the very clearly purple skinned guy.

Well obviously Jon Snow is "dead" now. Kit Harrington can just confirm this season and not next seasons plotholes, if he comes back. As much as GRRM loves whacking people off, there's too mich foreshadowing and coincidence that Melisandre arrival and Davos being there and now Jon Snow is "dead", too ambiguous of an ending. Olli was focused specificially for many episodes as the person to most betray Jon. I saw that a mile away. Read shaskespeare and wars of the roses hostory to kinda see GRRM mind in telling his story.

I've noticed a few people mention Davos being there and it being a clue.

What does Davos have to do with Jon and whether or not he dies or gets resurrected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom