• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic episode. It's all building up nicely.

Love that last interaction between Roose and Littlefinger. No love lost between those two.

Has she even been called that since season 2

Mmm I guess not... Cliffhanger ruined, it's not likely it he is going back to Cersei now. Great Episode though, Sansa X Ramsey <3, Jon being a badass, that piece of shit getting killed, Podrik is going to be trained. Better than the other two by far.

munchie64

Mmm I guess not... Cliffhanger ruined, it's not likely it he is going back to Cersei now. Great Episode though, Sansa X Ramsey <3, Jon being a badass, that piece of shit getting killed, Podrik is going to be trained. Better than the other two by far.
I don't even see it as a cliffhanger honestly. It's more of a "hey cool Jorah's back. And Varys was right, shoulda stayed in the box"

That was a fun episode.

Jon Snow being a boss is so much fucking better than a whiny confused Jon Snow. Ordering his men, cutting people's heads, saying no to kings. But that clean swipe. I said damn.

Arya's stuff is sorta depressing now. Losing her Stark identity is not cool.

Ramsay x Sansa is outta nowhere. I can get why Sansa wants to marry the Boltons (destroy them from within), but why are Boltons so trusting of Sansa, especially Roose when he stabbed her brother in the chest? I need more explanation.

Tyrion you goof. Vaerys you had one job. ONE JOB.

I don't even see it as a cliffhanger honestly. It's more of a "hey cool Jorah's back. And Varys was right, shoulda stayed in the box"

I saw it as a cliffhanger, in a shit! He is going back to Kings Landing. Will Varys save him before he is back to hell! or did they just set all this up so he can fail and die.

Ridli

So yeah, super great episode!

1. Jon being a boss. He knows that Alliser may be a jackass, but he still defends the wall. Slynt on the other hand is useless and his insubordination can't stand. Plus, Jon knows that the man that passes the sentence should swing the sword.

2. Littlefinger v Bolton - takes one to know one.

3. Theon can't look Sansa in the eye. Maaaaan, I don't know what to think. I had written off Theon as completely gone. I can't let him back into my heart again.

4. The North Remembers!

5. Shae broke Tyrion! Like, completely. No whores? What's next, no wine?

6. Plus gotta love Davos finding them loopholes.

Ploid 3.0

I'd say that moment where Dragon Queen lady walks by Jorah would make for a awesome response gif but it would have to be heavily censored.

Theon can't look Sansa in the eye. Maaaaan, I don't know what to think. I had written off Theon as completely gone. I can't let him back into my heart again.

I don't think it's so much as can't look her in the eye as much as it's doesn't want her to be shocked that he's there. She doesn't know right.

Maybe, just maybe reek has it in him to fight back and help her get revenge.

Kusagari

Why would he take him to Dany?

By "Queen" I thought he meant Cersi.

Because all he cares about is getting back with his Dragon Queen.

Going to Cersei doesn't really make any sense. Just look at his reaction to seeing the Dany whore cosplay in this episode.

He wants back in her good graces bad.

I don't think it's so much as can't look her in the eye as much as it's doesn't want her to be shocked that he's there. She doesn't know right.

I can just imagine it already.

Ramsey: Yes Sansa, I love you. I'll kill my father and we will rule as King and Queen of Winterfell. No more Flaying!

Theon: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

*Kills Ramsey*

Everybody, facepalms.

Ridli

It's hard to know what Sansa knows. She was prisoner for so long, but she had to have known that the Iron Islands went rogue. People in King's Landing would have talked about it, they were even represented in Joffry's "history lesson" at his wedding.

I don't think Theon has been playing the long con this whole time. Ramsay broke him. If it was just him going back to Winterfell that might be painful but Reek would still be Reek. Having to see Sansa back there too though, is that enough to tip him back? Gah.

Love it when Jon finally lops the head off, and Stannis is like

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

It's hard to know what Sansa knows. She was prisoner for so long, but she had to have known that the Iron Islands went rogue. People in King's Landing would have talked about it, they were even represented in Joffry's "history lesson" at his wedding.

I don't think Theon has been playing the long con this whole time. Ramsay broke him. If it was just him going back to Winterfell that might be painful but Reek would still be Reek. Having to see Sansa back there too though, is that enough to tip him back? Gah.

I definitely don't think he's playing the long con either, but seeing Sansa might be what he needs to snap out of it.

But yeah, who knows what she knows, but I have a feeling she doesn't.

Ramsiege

So it did it seem like Jaquen hinted that all the different gods were just different names for the one true faceless god?

And Tommen, my man! #thethirstisreal

So it did it seem like Jaquen hinted that all the different gods were just different names for the one true faceless god?

If that is true, why does the Lord of Shadows gives power to evil people? Is Melisandre the equivalent of Satan? Why is Melisandre so fucking hot!!?

Xamdou

Best ep this season!

1. Tomen getting some of that Margery.

2. Cersei playing the game and buttering up to Margery, as well gaining an alliance with the High Sparrow.

3. Jon being the one true boss of Castle Black, love the bit of the head execution just like Ned did with deserters.

4. Little Finger feeding Sansa to the Boltons, he knows what he did to steal Sansa would anger Cersei so he has no choice but to ally with Roose and gain an alliance with the North with them just in case.

5. Lol at the Daeny Cosplay, we all know that's the closes we will ever be seeing her at that state indefinitely.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I figured Snow would give some words before the execution... they went with the hesitation instead.

Idk... it worked. But I think I would have preferred Stark-like words.

The scene seemed to imply to me that they consider death to be the one true god (or that that's the "gift" the Many-Faced God gives all men) behind every religion. I was thinking it before they cut to the dead man.

Oh Shit, Ser Jorah!

I initially thought Cersei when he said the Queen but yeah, sounds more like he might offer Tyrion to Dany. They're obviously setting up Cersei and High Sparrow for their own arc
part of this was spoiled by the newspapers when there issues duing the filming
. Either way, I hope to see some interaction between Jorah and Tyrion on the way to Mereen.

Ayra's last scene has me worried where the spare 'faces' come from.

Great to see they've got the Mountain percolating away, ready for future use.

The bit where Brienne and Pod chat was great.

And oh jesus, Sansa and Ramsay. and Reek there in the background.

A good episode. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Evolved1

No to me it was a nod back to her dancing lessons... iirc dude said the one true god is death, "And what do we say to death? -- Not today."

Oh Shit, Ser Jorah!

I initially thought Cersei when he said the Queen but yeah, sounds more like he might offer Tyrion to Dany. They're obviously setting up Cersei and High Sparrow for their own arc
part of this was spoiled by the newspapers when there issues duing the filming
. Either way, I hope to see some interaction between Jorah and Tyrion on the way to Mereen.

Ayra's last scene has me worried where the spare 'faces' come from.

Great to see they've got the Mountain percolating away, ready for future use.

The bit where Brienne and Pod chat was great.

And oh jesus, Sansa and Ramsay. and Reek there in the background.

A good episode. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Yeah is pretty obvious that sinse Cersei isn't a real Queen and she is losing power by the minute. She is trying to get Religious power.

Littlefinger's game confuses me as always. Probably the only guy who we can never figure out. What does he get out of this deal, outside of some gold maybe?

Evolved1

Littlefinger's game confuses me as always. Probably the only guy who we can never figure out. What does he get out of this deal, outside of some gold maybe?

This is what I'll be thinking about all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom