• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
Clearly episode #3 was the best episode of the season, thus far. Four things I've noticed:

• It's Good being King Tommen
  • Jon Snow is a G!
  • The Stark girls are dominating my interest this season
  • It appears all the main female characters are keeping their clothes on this season.

The high sparrow, I think that's his name. The one feeding the poor, who is he and was he on the show before? Looks familiar but I don't remember if that's just because I've seen him on other shows.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Does anyone north of that wall have a damn clue what's occurred at castle black?

That Stannis is there with a damn army, and that there was a freakin war against giants? Snow should send a giant's head to King's Landing.

And you'd think the Boltons would be shitting their pants. Hard to believe Littlefinger would intentionally maneuver Sansa into that kind of mess.

Vhagar

Neo Member
The high sparrow, I think that's his name. The one feeding the poor, who is he and was he on the show before? Looks familiar but I don't remember if that's just because I've seen him on other shows.

He hasn't been in the show before. The actor is Jonathan Pryce and he's been in a few big movies. You might have seen him in Brazil.

Ridli

He's played by Jonathan Pryce, and has no prior GOT credits on IMDB. I could understand someone mistaking him for the Stark's maester though (can't remember his name).

Xamdou

Does anyone north of that wall have a damn clue what's occurred at castle black?

That Stannis is there with a damn army, and that there was a freakin war against giants? Snow should send a giant's head to King's Landing.

And you'd think the Boltons would be shitting their pants. Hard to believe Littlefinger would intentionally maneuver Sansa into that kind of mess.

Nice point! Maybe LittleFinger knows that Stannis is heading south to take over Winterfell? But when Stannis reaches there and see's Sansa, he will give her the title Lord of Winterfell since Jon Snow declined the offer?

Guri

I got to say that I am very surprised with how tolerant Stannis is to Jon. Now he seems to be convinced, but he wasn't that way before.

Psycho Ramsay seems to be taken by Lady Sansa. Unfortunately psycho Ramsay's psycho girlfriend seems upset about that.

OH yeah Ramsey has a girlfriend. She will probably try to torture Sansa, which might turn on Ramsey... Maybe Sansa will kill her and Ramsey will fall in love.

Where's my Sansa X Ramsay Fan Art??

Jonathan Pryce, he's a pretty famous actor. He hasn't been on the show before.

He hasn't been in the show before. The actor is Jonathan Pryce and he's been in a few big movies. You might have seen him in Brazil.

He's played by Jonathan Pryce, and has no prior GOT credits on IMDB. I could understand someone mistaking him for the Stark's maester though (can't remember his name).

Thanks!

I've definitely seen him several times before I just forgot if he was on this show for some reason.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nice point! Maybe LittleFinger knows that Stannis is heading south to take over Winterfell? But when Stannis reaches there and see's Sansa, he will give her the title Lord of Winterfell since Jon Snow declined the offer?

edit: nvm that was all dumb, since Stannis isn't even going to Winterfell without the men Jon won;t give him.

Loakum

Banned
Ramsay at least knows how important it is to the Bolton house to have Sansa in the family. Sansa needs to be watching her back for Ramsay's side girl though.

Psycho Ramsay seems to be taken by Lady Sansa. Unfortunately psycho Ramsay's psycho girlfriend seems upset about that.

Yeah, I would have to give Ramsey's psycho side girl the advantage in that fight. I hope not...Sansa is just so damn beautiful. It would hurt my soul, if they kill her. Now as for Ramsey....he's a freakin psycho! Joffery may have been a arrogant, abusive momma's boy, but he wouldn't hack Sansa to pieces on a moment's notice....like Ramsey would.

Joffery was in power with or without Sansa. Sansa puts Ramsey in power.

great point. but does Ramsey crave power? I think he just wanted to be accepted by his father. Just like that poor creature formerly known as Theon.

Yeah, I would have to give Ramsey's psycho side girl the advantage in that fight. I hope not...Sansa is just so damn beautiful. It would hurt my soul, if they kill her. Now as for Ramsey....he's a freakin psycho! Joffery may have been a arrogant, abusive momma's boy, but he wouldn't hack Sansa to pieces on a moment's notice....like Ramsey would.

great point. but does Ramsey crave power? I think he just wanted to be accepted by his father. Just like that poor creature formerly known as Theon.

Didn't Joffrey send Sansa to be decapitated once? I remember because of his "I like it pretty" phrase.

Road

Jon tried his best Ned impersonation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTzbOA6cTYM (Shame about Ned's sword btw)

It would be too predictable of a parallel if Jon has the same fate as Ned, right?

Didn't see the Sansa being married to the Boltons twist coming.

AT least something happened this episode. Should have been episode 1. =P

I saw it as a cliffhanger, in a shit! He is going back to Kings Landing. Will Varys save him before he is back to hell! or did they just set all this up so he can fail and die.

I don't think he's going back to Kings Landing. I think he's taking him to Kelly C. She is his queen, not Cersei.

Duxxy3

He just became a lord and part of a great house. If he does anything to sansa, roose might kill him just to prevent an uprising.

The psycho GF...well it's lose/lose for her.

Ridli

Ramsay's motivated by family. The thing is that the family that he loves is not bound by morals and that flaying is a-ok. I don't really fear for Sansa from Ramsay directly, but hey I've been burned before. Like.. quite a few times.

Loakum

Banned
Didn't Joffrey send Sansa to be decapitated once? I remember because of his "I like it pretty" phrase.

No, he just had his King's guard beat Sansa, but he instructed him to not hit her pretty face. He wanted to do that to send a message to The King of the North (her brother Rob). Joffery was no angel, but he's not psychotic like Ramsey....except that time he "played" with Ros (the red haired whore) with his all those arrows. Yikes.

mm04

Good episode. Now it's getting interesting. Redeem yourself, Theon! You're still in there somewhere. Damn, Jorah...it's time to move on, buddy.

Loakum

Banned
Ramsay's motivated by family. The thing is that the family that he loves is not bound by morals and that flaying is a-ok. I don't really fear for Sansa from Ramsay directly, but hey I've been burned before. Like.. quite a few times.

He just became a lord and part of a great house. If he does anything to sansa, roose might kill him just to prevent an uprising.

The psycho GF...well it's lose/lose for her.

For a minute I thought Sansa has changed, and became a tougher badass with dark hair...but then I seen her crying to Peter, "oh please don't marry me off to the Boltons..." That shows she's still pretty much that same weak red haired sexy Sansa Stark of Winterfell. Ramsey's psycho chick would make mince meat out of her. This worries me greatly.

Ridli

For a minute I thought Sansa has changed, and became a tougher badass with dark hair...but then I seen her crying to Peter, "oh please don't marry me off to the Boltons..." That shows she's still pretty much that same weak red haired sexy Sansa Stark of Winterfell. Ramsey's psycho chick would make mince meat out of her. This worries me greatly.

I'm *hoping* that particular outburst was her realizing what the true stakes of the game was. That playing the game meant literally sleeping with the enemy. I'm pretty sure we'll find out for certain in the next week or two.

B-Dex

This new twink king was doing it for me in bed with Margery. But then the next scene he wasn't as hot. Also probably under age. Lol

royalan

Ramsey, easily. Joffrey is emotionally abusive, whereas Ramsey will rape and bite you regularly.

Just emotionally abusive? You remember the part where he tortured and killed a prostitute just 'cuz, right? And that he threatened to rape and torture Sansa as well?

Joffrey would have eventually become just as terrible as we've seen Ramsey be.

Pepiope

Just emotionally abusive? You remember the part where he tortured and killed a prostitute just 'cuz, right? And that he threatened to rape and torture Sansa as well?

Joffrey isn't badass enough to do half the shit Ramsey is capable of.

But Tyrion has a bounty on his head.

Jorah was a sellsword before meeting Dany.
He's more than likely still in love with her. I can't see it.

Loakum

Banned
This new twink king was doing it for me in bed with Margery. But then the next scene he wasn't as hot. Also probably under age. Lol

It's been a lot of that on my favorites shows lately. I seen a rather passionate son to mother kiss on Salem....the son is about 5 or 6 years old.

DarkKyo

I saw it as a cliffhanger, in a shit! He is going back to Kings Landing. Will Varys save him before he is back to hell! or did they just set all this up so he can fail and die.

I don't think he's taking Tyrion to King's Landing. He's probably taking him to Daenerys to prove he can still be valuable to her.

carlsojo

Joffrey would have had other people do terrible things for him, whereas Ramsay does the terrible things himself (flaying).

Duxxy3

Question - Is Ramsey indiscriminately cruel, or is there a purpose to that cruelty? I always found Joffery to be cruel without reason.

Ramsey was incredibly cruel to Theon, but there was a reason behind it. He needed to break him so he could be used.

What if she was just using one of her two weapons (as per cersei said) , the tears. Then Baelish told her was up and she realized that she could be using her other weapon, between her legs to make Ramsey do her bidding. And take back Winterfell!!

star_wars_the_empire_strikes_back_yoda_using_the_force.jpg

as Yoda once said.
The cooch, use the cooch Sansa.

Valhelm

contribute something

So sorry, I'm in the wrong thread. I was thinking about the less-evil book Joffrey.

Loakum

Banned
What if she was just using one of her two weapons (as per cersei said) , the tears. Then Baelish told her was up and she realized that she could be using her other weapon, between her legs to make Ramsey do her bidding. And take back Winterfell!!

star_wars_the_empire_strikes_back_yoda_using_the_force.jpg

as Yoda once said.
The cooch, use the cooch Sansa.

Hmmmmmmm......perhaps you may be on to something Master Yoda. Wisdom, Yoda speaks....

Dr.Parity

Banned
Why would Jorha go back to Kings Landing to "see the queen"?

He has a royal pardon, he can go back whenever he wants. Dude is going back to Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom