• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Great episode, so much tension!

There were a couple of call back scenes to the very first episode. First was Sansa coming back to Winterfell and everyone was there to greet them which echoed the scene where the Starks lined up to greet the King. The second was Jon beheading Janos like he father did to the deserter. Really illustrates how far we've come with those characters since then.

Madrin

I was so sure Jon was going to have mercy on on Janos. Once it turned into an execution scenario, I thought the scene was intended to parallel Dany's execution moment last episode but show Jon being more merciful ruler. And then he just lops the dude's head off lol.

Kimaka

By not revealing her emotions. It shows weakness. Weakness will get you killed in Westeros.

To the wrong people. She is capable of hiding her emotions because that is all that she did at King's Landing. Littlefinger is a father figure to her and she feels that she is safe around him so she isn't afraid of showing her true feelings around him. Agreeing to marry Ramsey has shown how much she has changed and willing to play the long game in order to get back Winterfell and, possibly, revenge. She isn't a master manipulator, but she is learning.

Venture

I was looking forward to seeing Volantis and they didn't disappoint. That establishing shot was gorgeous.

WFT8dwF.jpg

Not what I was expecting. It looks very different from anything else in Essos so far.

Loakum

Banned
To the wrong people. She is capable of hiding her emotions because that is all that she did at King's Landing. Littlefinger is a father figure to her and she feels that she is safe around him so she isn't afraid of showing her true feelings around him. Agreeing to marry Ramsey has shown how much she has changed and willing to play the long game in order to get back Winterfell and, possibly, revenge. She isn't a master manipulator, but she is learning.

Varys said it best, "Peter Belish is the most dangerous man in Westeros..." It's hard to know his motives, but "father figure"? he's definitely not. Hell, he wants to sleep with Sansa more than Ramsey does.

By not revealing her emotions. It shows weakness. Weakness will get you killed in Westeros.
lol what? She smiled when she saw the man responsible for a 1/3rd of her family getting killed. I guess she should turn into a robot when addressing Littlefinger. This is one of the silliest complaints I've seen.

Have you by any chance seen Tyrion, the 3rd smartest person who can't keep his mouth shut at any point during any of the seasons so far in the show? He's supposed to be much smarter than she is and the guy can't stop talking back to anyone.

Dr.Parity

Banned

At this point I don't think she feels all that safe around Littlefinger.

I think, well, I hope she is just playing her own little game, cause if she's actually trusting Littlefinger than she's an idiot.

Littlefinger is all she has to go on right now, but I don't think she actually looks to him as any type of figure.

Kimaka

Varys said it best, "Peter Belish is the most dangerous man in Westeros..." It's hard to know his motives, but "father figure"? he's definitely not. Hell, he wants to sleep with Sansa more than Ramsey does.

She doesn't know that. He is the guy who helped her out of King's Landing and continuing to protect her and get back Winterfell unawares that he is doing it for his own gain.

At this point I don't think she feels all that safe around Littlefinger.

I think, well, I hope she is just playing her own little game, cause if she's actually trusting Littlefinger than she's an idiot.

Littlefinger is all she has to go on right now, but I don't think she actually looks to him as any type of figure.

I think is going to slowly figure out that Littlefinger is playing his own game. She has her doubts, but I think she trusts him for now.

With all the incest going on, he might be a father figure and a lover. Since he loves that he looks like Cathelyn and lust after her, but also sees her as a step-daughter of sorts. Is a very twisted relationship.

ivysaur12

Banned
Good episode, even if it still feels like it's setting up the pieces for the season. And I imagine that Gay of Thrones will have a lot of fun with the girl slapping Arya.

Madrin

Yup. The complaints about it moving slowly are insane.

I think the problem is not necessarily that this episode was slow, but that all of the significant parts of it could have happened in the first episode. The past 3 episodes have basically just been setting the stage for future events, so it feels like more should be happening by now.

Kimaka

With all the incest going on, he might be a father figure and a lover. Since he loves that he looks like Cathelyn and lust after her, but also sees her as a step-daughter of sorts. Is a very twisted relationship.

Yeah, not literally a father like Ned, but an authority figure that she looks up to and is teaching her how Westeros politics work. Littlefinger sometimes treats her like the daughter that he believes he was supposed to have with Catelyn while also being attracted to her because of her resemblance to Catelyn.

Kusagari

I think Sansa doubts/doesn't trust Littlefinger, but he's also the only person she has as any sort of ally/friend right now.

I think it's understandable that she broke and showed emotion to him in that moment.

SiteSeer

I was so sure Jon was going to have mercy on on Janos. Once it turned into an execution scenario, I thought the scene was intended to parallel Dany's execution moment last episode but show Jon being more merciful ruler. And then he just lops the dude's head off lol.

i had the opposite thought, that he'd go through with it like his father did. that scene is trying to establish him as a leader, now and for the future (where some fan theories are going). i mean he already gave the guy a chance in the meeting hall, but the guy doubled down and insulted jon's position. that's something a leader could not let fly or else he will be seen as weak.

NolbertoS

I see LittleFinger's lust of Sansa, more like him trying to redeem himself in his own eyes of failing to land Cathelyn and will woo the daughter instead. Littlefinger isn't stupid enough to marry her though, as he knows the wrath he'll incur with other seven kingdoms, therefore Sansa is a chesspiece for him to gain military alliances. Sansa is also using Littlefinger knowing that being sneaky, forging fake alliances and having a poker face keeps you alive and may give you the upper hand. This marriage of Sansa, will obviously be a sham, as Sansa detests the Boltons for betraying her father and brother, and seeing the old woman greet her, saying "The North remembers" means that her kinsfolks will side with her when the time comes.

Arya refusing to throw away Needle ;.;

It's sentimental for her, as her dad gave her the sword, plus Needle is her last belonging that remained of her Arya persona

bill0527

What is the name of that actor who is playing that high priest that Cersai befriends? Not the old septum dude they paraded through the streets, but the other guy who seemed to be the one running the homeless shelter. His face looks so familiar to me. I can't remember where I've seen him before.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What is the name of that actor who is playing that high priest that Cersai befriends? Not the old septum dude they paraded through the streets, but the other guy who seemed to be the one running the homeless shelter. His face looks so familiar to me. I can't remember where I've seen him before.

Jonathan Pryce. Been in a lot of stuff like Brazil.

Jonathan Pryce. He was in Brazil and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Gobias

Banned
Jon Snow means business. I hope they don't friggin kill him off.

I know Game of Thrones is a show that prides itself on the anyone can die mentality, but if there's any character that has long lasting plot armor it's Jon ( and Danny).

I see LittleFinger's lust of Sansa, more like him trying to redeem himself in his own eyes of failing to land Cathelyn and will woo the daughter instead. Littlefinger isn't stupid enough to marry her though, as he knows the wrath he'll incur with other seven kingdoms, therefore Sansa is a chesspiece for him to gain military alliances. Sansa is also using Littlefinger knowing that being sneaky, forging fake alliances and having a poker face keeps you alive and may give you the upper hand. This marriage of Sansa, will obviously be a sham, as Sansa detests the Boltons for betraying her father and brother, and seeing the old woman greet her, saying "The North remembers" means that her kinsfolks will side with her when the time comes.

It's sentimental for her, as her dad gave her the sword, plus Needle is her last belonging that remained of her Arya persona

Rob gave her the sword.

Ridli

Oh yeah, and Podrick is gonna start taking ass kicking lessons from Brienne. Want to see him put Tyrions axe to good use.

Kimaka

I know Game of Thrones is a show that prides itself on the anyone can die mentality, but if there's any character that has long lasting plot armor it's Jon ( and Danny).

Arya and Bran too. They are all disconnected from Westeros' politics right now that I don't expect them to have any chance of dying until they get more involved. Also, if any of them die, there isn't another character in their area that their POV stories can transfer over to. I guess there is Samwell for Jon, but it seems unlikely.

Gleethor

Disappointed that they still haven't added any new map locations to the opening sequence this season despite the fact that we've been to Sunspear and Volantis already. But all things considered its a pretty minor thing.

Loakum

Banned
lol what? She smiled when she saw the man responsible for a 1/3rd of her family getting killed. I guess she should turn into a robot when addressing Littlefinger. This is one of the silliest complaints I've seen.

Have you by any chance seen Tyrion, the 3rd smartest person who can't keep his mouth shut at any point during any of the seasons so far in the show? He's supposed to be much smarter than she is and the guy can't stop talking back to anyone.

calm down internet "tough guy". It wasn't a "complaint, it was an observation/opinion. No one's arguing here. I do agree with Tyrion being an idiot, though. Which made it easy for him to be abducted. ^_^

BTM

Season 5 is off to a wonderful start. Each episode just keeps getting better and better. What I really love about this season is how all of the characters and their arcs are finally being intertwined with each other.

Also, for some reason when Roose was talking about Ramsay getting married I thought for a split second that it was going to be to Reek's(Theon's) sister. Except there is no way the Greyjoys would ever agree to that.

Can't wait for Podrick to start kicking some ass with Brienne

Gobias

Banned
Arya and Bran too. They are all disconnected from Westeros' politics right now that I don't expect them to have any chance of dying until they get more involved. Also, if any of them die, there isn't another character in their area that their POV stories can transfer over to. I guess there is Samwell for Jon, but it seems unlikely.

Probably Arya too, at least for now. I think she's fair game after her story line for this season wraps up though. I kind of forgot about Bran, but yeah he's obviously going to play a big part towards the very end.

calm down internet "tough guy". It wasn't a "complaint, it was an observation/opinion. No one's arguing here. I do agree with Tyrion being an idiot, though. Which made it easy for him to be abducted. ^_^
I'm not being tough at all :p I just don't think it's valid. If she didn't have a reaction when talking to Littlefinger, it would have not made much sense. She acted the part when it mattered when talking to Roose.

Gobias

Banned
I've been thinking the season has had a pretty brisk pace so far. I really don't understand the constant complaints about nothing happening in an episode when it seems like every story line this season has been pretty lean and a nice mix of character moments with plot. It's not like this isn't a show that spent 10 episodes looking at a guy get tortured on a wooden x.

Why would Jorha go back to Kings Landing to "see the queen"?

He has a royal pardon, he can go back whenever he wants. Dude is going back to Danny

Yep, Queen Dany. It's his chance to show his worth to the woman he admires and hopefully get back in her good graces.

Edit:

I didn't know that Rila would be in the show. That's cool.

Good for you Jon. That wuss needed to die. You ain't got no time for fraidy cats that won't take orders. One less loser to deal with. No go save your sister without even knowing she's there.

Edit 2:

Joanna killin' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom