• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For new page, just so everyone is aware:
To be perfectly clear here, if people continue to discuss which episodes might have leaked, how the 'reported' quality is, how 'your friend' found them, make up fake spoilers, etc..., I'm going to start handing out bans. Find somewhere else on the internet to chat about it. Thanks.

Dennis

Banned
SqpKj5q.gif

omg Arya looks so young. Well, it has been how many years since the show started? 5?

Speevy

Banned
Mods, in all seriousness, I feel like the big elephant in the room just took a large dump. Dozens of neogaf members probably going to pirate this show as they always have, and your job is going to become near impossible for about a month. This is basically a pretend surprise thread now.

This was supposed to be the season when show watchers and book readers discovered stuff together, but now it's just a tongue-holding masquerade.

I have no idea what the correct solution to all this is, but I feel like if only honest to goodness HBO subscribing show date watching folks are posting, it's gonna be an awfully lonely thread.

Also,it bears mentioning that no neogaf member caused these issues.

Tubie

Mods, in all seriousness, I feel like the big elephant in the room just took a large dump. Dozens of neogaf members probably going to pirate this show as they always have, and your job is going to become near impossible for about a month. This is basically a pretend surprise thread now.

This was supposed to be the season when show watchers and book readers discovered stuff together, but now it's just a tongue-holding masquerade.

I have no idea what the correct solution to all this is, but I feel like if only honest to goodness HBO subscribing show date watching folks are posting, it's gonna be an awfully lonely thread.

Also,it bears mentioning that no neogaf member caused these issues.

This is the solution:

To be perfectly clear here, if people continue to discuss which episodes might have leaked, how the 'reported' quality is, how 'your friend' found them, make up fake spoilers, etc..., I'm going to start handing out bans. Find somewhere else on the internet to chat about it. Thanks.

Please respect the thread rules.

Gr8one

Damn that leak sucks for HBO but only fools are going to watch a it. GoT every Sunday is a tradition for me every spring. It's one of the few shows I watch during the original airing, instead of just binge watching on netflix or the blu-ray. I'm furious, for the next month I better not hear any spoilers at work or on internet or the red wedding will have nothing on the blood that will be spilled.

Speevy

Banned
This is the solution:

Please respect the thread rules.

I have every intention of doing so. I will watch the first episode tomorrow when it airs. I just wish I could discuss tomorrow's episode with people who aren't already halfway through the season. Anyway, don't take this as whining. I mean well.

BTM

Tis a shame, would have preferred to watch them along with everybody else and discus each episode weakly.

edited

I have every intention of doing so. I will watch the first episode tomorrow when it airs. I just wish I could discuss tomorrow's episode with people who aren't already halfway through the season. Anyway, don't take this as whining. I mean well.

I'm sure most of the people here will wait to watch it each week. At least I hope they will.

This is the biggest television related leak that I am able to recall. It's going to be hilarious seeing what happens to people on this forum who brag about or try to discuss the episodes.

Dahbomb

This is the biggest television related leak that I am able to recall. It's going to be hilarious seeing what happens to people on this forum who brag about or try to discuss the episodes.
This is IMO as big or bigger than the nude leaks that happened not too long ago.

If it was any other show I wouldn't make much of it... but it's fucking Game of Thrones man.

I wonder if HBO might be considering releasing these at once now Netflix style to curb the inevitable spoilers floating around and affecting the viewer base. It's not like they have sponsors to answer to or anything. I'm sure it conflicts with various providers/isp deals in some way though. As an aside, seriously screw Comcast for their lack of support for HBO GO on ps3/4 :/

Excellent.

Now I just have to be extra careful of which sites I visit so not to be exposed to any spoilers...

Pretty annoying to have so many episodes leak though.

Vashetti

Banned
Just woke up and wondered why the thread had jumped a few pages. What an absolute arsehole whoever that person was that had access to screeners.

I hope HBO are able to find out who did it.

That's my piece.

Now I'll have to double watch out for random spoilers from random GotT youtube videos and discussions in other places... This is the hardest part for me.

Christ people, the man with the red name said stop discussing the leaks.

I'd suggest that there would be a thread to discuss the ramifications of the leaks but I guess that could give them more exposure. I apologize for discussing it, but man this is huge.

Carl

Sooo i had no idea this wasn't being simultaneously broadcast in the UK and that wr had to wait until 9pm tomorrow to see it. Screw that

Ah damn, speculating is half the fun in these threads. But I'm too scared to get spoiled by the internet...
How ironic, this time I didn't even watch any trailers for the new season.

edit: might want to address the giant pink elephant by adding it to the OP. I know it's technically covered by the regular TV thread rules but it should specifically warn people from discussing leaked content. Basically, for a month there will be now a ton of "temporary" book readers (actually worse) but in the last years most people still managed to not spoil anything while discussing the newest (aired) episodes.

Nizz

Damn that leak sucks for HBO but only fools are going to watch a it. GoT every Sunday is a tradition for me every spring. It's one of the few shows I watch during the original airing, instead of just binge watching on netflix or the blu-ray. I'm furious, for the next month I better not hear any spoilers at work or on internet or the red wedding will have nothing on the blood that will be spilled.
Agreed. GoT Sundays for me are always nice. 9:00pm (eastern) coffee and a cannoli and my ass in front of the tv, don't bother me for an hour lol. Sucks that episodes have leaked but I'm not interested in seeing them that way. Need to watch on the big screen with the sound bar blasting.

Can't wait till Sunday night!

Lakitu

st5fu
Are there any reviews of the first 4 episodes? Well, actually I'd rather know if they've been well received. Man, I haven't been in this thread for ages. Looks like I missed a shitstorm.

A few eps of Doctor Who (black and white work prints used for localization) were leaked last year. Most people kept a lid on ruining for others so you should be able to keep as spoiler free as you would have with the books already out there.

Roll on, episode 1

Moaradin

This is not good. Game of Thrones is like the most widely spoiled show in the world. It's almost impossible to avoid major spoilers on the internet. Next month is gonna be rough :(

Truant

Holy shit, what a disaster. Hopefully people will hold off, but I can't blame anyone for wanting to get ahead early.

Alpende

This is not good. Game of Thrones is like the most widely spoiled show in the world. It's almost impossible to avoid major spoilers on the internet. Next month is gonna be rough :(

No it's not. I started season 1 after season 2 had ended or something and nothing was spoiled for me.

If you just ignore everything GoT related and don't click on anything it's not hard.

If you just ignore everything GoT related and don't click on anything it's not hard.
I think the only times I've been spoiled about GoT have been from random threads/sites that had nothing to do with GoT at all where people have been dicks on purpose.

Skux

Remember to turn off Twitch chat! No one knows when some idiot will put a spoiler in the chat box.

Turn off public chat in all video games you play as well.

Moaradin

Twitch chat, video game chat windows, pretty much anywhere on the internet where you can socialize with random people is gonna be a minefield. I wouldn't even be surprised if we get a few account suicides in this thread. It's happened before with book spoilers.

Twitch chat, video game chat windows, pretty much anywhere on the internet where you can socialize with random people is gonna be a minefield. I wouldn't even be surprised if we get a few account suicides in this thread. It's happened before with book spoilers.

Time to go hide in my bunker, seal the door, bolt the floor, and well.....

Cilla

No it's not. I started season 1 after season 2 had ended or something and nothing was spoiled for me.

I had a few old FB friends update their FB statuses the moment the Red Wedding happened.

Skux

My heart sank when I found out. Imagine working on the show, you put in 16 hour days and work for months on it, and some fuck ruins the surprise and excitement for everyone.

I don't think HBO will be sending out previews anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom