• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Yeah, but it had already been a long Summer at the start of the show. All the old men are like "you kids haven't even seen Winter yet!"

Winter's taking longer to get here than The Last Guardian.
Winter actually exists whereas The Last Guardian is a figment of our imagination like a new Silent Hills.

Loakum

Banned
Melisandre. Stannis is looking to be a worthy king but meli(hottest character in the show, I'm so glad for boobs)sander is clearly evil

I will say Melisandre is definitely the only female main character that still don't minds showing some skin this season. I will say that scene basically confirms a longtime rumor about Jon Snow. It's too potentially spoilery for me to say what that rumor is, because it's looking more and more like it's legit.

GQman2121

Banned
Are we suppose to know that Oberyn's daughter's are from multiple women? Has that been mentioned on the show before? I don't recall ever seeing them until tonight, so I was taken aback when the producers explained that fact in the after show wrap up thingy.

Brashnir

Look's like Cersei is seeking new allies in her campaign against Margery and the Tyrells. Now she is seeking LittleFinger's expertise, isn't the King's Gaurd under LF's control or something or was it some other private army in King's landing?

It was the City Watch, not the Kingsguard. He had influence over them at the time because he was the master of coin, and thus paid their salaries.

Ferrio

Banned
I will say Melisandre is definitely the only female main character that still don't minds showing some skin this season. I will say that scene basically confirms a longtime rumor about Jon Snow. It's too potentially spoilery for me to say what that rumor is, because it's looking more and more like it's legit.

You mean the rumor I discussed extensively in the previous page?

Makai

How are the White Walkers going to get past The Wall anyway? I didn't see any climbing gear. Just seal up the entrance and take a nap.

Winter actually exists whereas The Last Guardian is a figment of our imagination like a new Silent Hills.

Why do we think winter exists? Because there have been winters before. Well, Team ICO have released games before. We've seen teases of winter, but we've also seen a teaser for The Last Guardian.

It'll be a cold day in Westeros when we see The Last Guardian.

Are we suppose to know that Oberyn's daughter's are from multiple women? Has that been mentioned on the show before? I don't recall ever seeing them until tonight, so I was taken aback when the producers explained that fact in the after show wrap up thingy.

They're all Sands, or bastards from Dorne, so it's probable. Especially when in the backstory the one girl mentioned not growing up in the palace until Oberyn brought her there.

Imagine how awesome it would've been for a shadow with Jon's face to roll up to Roose and stab him.

Well maybe not awesome for Jon.

Loakum

Banned
Poor weak King Tommen. I feel so bad for laughing at his facial expression, when Margery said, "I need to spend time with my family." lol, Gosh he's such a weak King. he's so weak, it kind of makes me miss Joffrey.

Ovid

Melisandre. Stannis is looking to be a worthy king but meli(hottest character in the show, I'm so glad for boobs)sander is clearly evil
Sometimes I have doubts about her.

The ominous music, the looks she gives, giving birth to shadow babies. What if the twist is she's good gal (opposite of good guy)?

Other than killing Renly and burning those people alive (possibly for the greater good of the realm), she hasn't done anything bad.

demolitio

Looks like we were right about Cersei using the Sparrows against the Tyrells and I was right about Tommen being extremely gentle and peaceful yet will meet an untimely end because of the enemies his family has made for him when he's done nothing wrong besides look weak. Perfect irony.

Jon Snow be like, "I rep the Old Gods you witch. Get off me!"

I still definitely feel like Stannis is a representation of some of the early Medieval kings who thought they ruled but are just puppets to a religious figure that uses them for power. He would be a just ruler if it wasn't for Melisandre using him for her own means.

Nameless

Poor weak King Tommen. I feel so bad for laughing at his facial expression, when Margery said, "I need to spend time with my family." lol, Gosh he's such a weak King. he's so weak, it kind of makes me miss Joffrey.

The Joff would have had his Kingsguard slaughter the Sparrow's men before taking the tongues of all those calling him bastard/abomination.

Talon

Why do we think winter exists? Because there have been winters before. Well, Team ICO have released games before. We've seen teases of winter, but we've also seen a teaser for The Last Guardian.

It'll be a cold day in Westeros when we see The Last Guardian.
I can literally hear your tears as you typed this.

Thank God for that, I was getting really worry. This show had a lot more nudity than the ones before it. And Melisandre body is just rocking man.

Loakum

Banned
Thank God for that, I was getting really worry. This show had a lot more nudity than the ones before it. And Melisandre body is just rocking man.

But it was Spooky as fuck when Melisandre said, "You know nothing Jon Snow." I got the chills......but I would had still hit that though.

Released

I would agree that there's tons of evidence that Jon isn't Ned's from the show.

'Not Ned's way', 'left and came back with a baby boy, never said from where', 'the next time we meet I'll tell you about your mother' etc. Those hints have been blatant. But why is it supposed to be Lyanna's? We know fuck all about her other than what we got in this episode, really. I guess that would explain why Ned went and took a child that wasn't his (even though it upset his wife massively) but what else matches up? When was Jon born? Before or after Robert's rebellion? How old is he?

If he's the same age as the rebellion is old then I can understand maybe Lyanna siding with Rhaegar and the Targs, getting killed, and Ned taking the kid to spare it death. But I don't feel like we've actually had any characters say any of that and thus still feel like Jon could be anyone's kid.

He's actually a
Mormont.

In the 2nd (I think?) episode of the first season, Cat says to Ned something like "17 years ago you went off to war with Robert and came home with another woman's son. And now you're leaving again."

He was definitely born during the Rebellion. I'd say it's a solid theory.

Jobbs

Banned
Something about this episode just seemed a bit off to me. Fights seemed lame -- Something about the pacing and writing of the ep just felt off.

And the "Sand Snakes" -- They're nice to look at, but I am having trouble taking them seriously. They seem like silly comic book characters, complete with stilted monologues they recite to eachother when a yes or no would have sufficed.

Above all, their quest for vengeance makes no sense. Their father volunteered to duel someone, and he lost. It was a fair fight. His death was his own fault. Why start a war to get revenge against the Lannisters, when the Lannisters didn't kill him? He volunteered to fight The Mountain to the death, and he did. No one interfered.

demolitio

The way they're bringing up Lyanna's story while also portray Rhaegar as a friendly guy seems pretty obvious as to what it pertains to after Stannis said that's not something Ned would do which we all already knew. Melisandre has an interest in Jon for a reason and it's not because he's a leader now.

Ned's a good fucking man. Or was. Or...IS?!!? Zombie Ned with someone else's head stitched up after the Mountain's success... :p

I agree about the fights being lame.

televator

At this point it's becoming more obvious. The fine, fine, oh so fine... Mmmm... Red woman isn't interested in commoner blood, and even Stannis openly questioned Jon's origin right there in the show.

Getting back to Melisandre though, I would be sooooo fucking dead in Jon's shoes. OMG!

How did she fuck herself? It seems like all is going according to plan.

Cersei's stupid power play with the religious cult is going to end up completely fucking her and probably getting Tommen killed.

She's so dumb.

What he said. She's arming fanatics that have shown they do NOT respect anything. They took the Queens brother and then punked the king. This is only going to end with blood. Cersei thinking she's so smart is going to create the Al Qaida of Westeros.

Guri

'Not Ned's way', 'left and came back with a baby boy, never said from where', 'the next time we meet I'll tell you about your mother' etc. Those hints have been blatant. But why is it supposed to be Lyanna's? We know fuck all about her other than what we got in this episode, really. I guess that would explain why Ned went and took a child that wasn't his (even though it upset his wife massively) but what else matches up? When was Jon born? Before or after Robert's rebellion? How old is he?

If he's the same age as the rebellion is old then I can understand maybe Lyanna siding with Rhaegar and the Targs, getting killed, and Ned taking the kid to spare it death. But I don't feel like we've actually had any characters say any of that and thus still feel like Jon could be anyone's kid.

He's actually a
Mormont.

I think it's more likely that Jon isn't Ned's son than his with another woman, actually.

Loakum

Banned
At this point it's becoming more obvious. The fine, fine, oh so fine... Mmmm... Red woman isn't interested in commoner blood, and even Stannis openly questioned Jon's origin right there in the show.

Also they mentioned Rhaegar Targayan more in this one episode, then they have the previous 4 seasons combined. They even mentioned at what he done to Ned's sister Lyanna. It's too many things pointing at the rumor being true.

Kimaka

agreed! Joffrey was an total evil little puss! He was crying when Arya had his sword up to his throat. He was lucky that was the old Arya, and not the new Arya.

He would have had his guards with him so he would have called the order to kill them. Although, it would have been highly likely he would get killed in the process because of the Sparrow's men and the crowd overwhelming them and no Hound to save him, Joffrey would be too stupid to see that.

Loakum

Banned
Cersei is a moron.

Jorah is a moron.

rip worm.

I don't think Grey Worm is dead. If this was The Walking Dead, then yeah..that would be one dead worm. However, he just got stabbed on his side. I doubt that would be enough to kill an Warrior who probably had worse injuries in battle before.

When he's challenged one on one sure, but remember he had people killed in the streets for throwing cow shit at him.

And started a riot that almost got the entire royal family killed, and that was just against a mostly unarmed mob. This was against an unarmed mob backed by armed Faith Militants.

televator

He's actually a
Mormont.

If you noticed this season had like 2 back to back episodes... in one Lyana is mentioned and then Raegar is mentioned in the following episode... and for what? When Sansa says Lyana was kidnapped and raped, Little finger does not follow up or confirm it... I don't think Little Finger knows for sure, but I think he's clever enough to question it -- if he doesn't already have good reason to suspect something fishy about the story.

Venture

What he said. She's arming fanatics that have shown they do NOT respect anything. They took the Queens brother and then punked the king. This is only going to end with blood. Cersei thinking she's so smart is going to create the Al Qaida of Westeros.
Not to mention her war against the Tyrells is completely idiotic. Without the Tyrell's gold the Lannisters are screwed. Cersei's just lost it at this point.

Loakum

Banned
Tears of laughter, maybe. I could hardly care less about that game, and am just poking fun at some of the fans on this forum.

^_^

That's exactly what she did.

Danny's stupid is infecting everyone in vicinity of her.

Why anyone thinks she is fit to rule after the shit she has done is a mystery to me. I hope Jorah shows up with the city burning and her head on a pike, thats what he gets for falling over such an idiot.

Vaar I can cut some slack, Danny is their last option that doesn't involve traveling the Seven Kingdoms and he hasn't had the first hand experience of Danny's incompetence.

Sober

He's actually a
Mormont.
Going by only the material from the show (including those huge compiled histories snippets voiced by the cast on the box sets) yeah I'm sure that's eventually where they're headed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan all along.

Quick question...why does Cercei have soo much power than the queen(cant remember her name). why cant she give orders as the Queen.? i mean as the queen you could order some guards to go get your brother. and why is sir merin always with cercei and not with the King?
I'm presuming there will be a moment where she will be publicly overruled by the younger, prettier one.

Oberyn's daughters were allright.. they don't have the swag that he does though, at least not yet. The accent and cool factor wasn't there all that much, but I will give them a chance. I miss Oberyn. :'( Where is a phoenix down when you need one...

Book fans pretending to make the Lyanna story bullshit have been waiting some time to put this up. Or tv show watchers who heard the theory for book readers. People just can't fucking help themselves when it comes to this series.

I hope Barristen isn't dead. A legendary fighter getting killed by a bunch of scrubs? C'mon breh..

Cersei, is she's setting up her own son?

No, she's trying to set everyone else up around him.

But she's also too stupid to see the impending doom when she's setting up radical nuts with weapons and power.

She's gonna get her own son killed. For some reason she thinks she is playing that High Sparrow dude, or is at least in mutual understanding of what's going on.

The moment he has the chance to take full control, he's going to go medieval on her ass considering her worst kept secret is that she's fucking her brother and the king is possibly product of that incest.

demolitio

Cersei, is she's setting up her own son?

Nah, trying to get control of her son back from Margaery by using them to take down the Tyrells.

She just doesn't know what she's unleashing on the people yet, but that's her specialty. Care only about herself and the prophecy when it's going to ruin her entire family.

She's the most dangerous character on the show and it's mostly danger to her own family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom