• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
After tonight's episode, how can anyone say King Stannis won't be a worthy King of the 7 Kingdoms of Westeros? I cried like a baby watching that scene between him and his daughter. You can see he still feels guilty for her condition. Folks need to wise up and bend the knee to the one true king. The son of the Andals, the rightful claim to the throne...King Stannis.

Ferrio

Banned
I would agree that there's tons of evidence that Jon isn't Ned's from the show.

'Not Ned's way', 'left and came back with a baby boy, never said from where', 'the next time we meet I'll tell you about your mother' etc. Those hints have been blatant. But why is it supposed to be Lyanna's? We know fuck all about her other than what we got in this episode, really. I guess that would explain why Ned went and took a child that wasn't his (even though it upset his wife massively) but what else matches up? When was Jon born? Before or after Robert's rebellion? How old is he?

If he's the same age as the rebellion is old then I can understand maybe Lyanna siding with Rhaegar and the Targs, getting killed, and Ned taking the kid to spare it death. But I don't feel like we've actually had any characters say any of that and thus still feel like Jon could be anyone's kid.

He's actually a
Mormont.

Well, let's see.

-As you said, yes Ned's whole personality leads credence to the theory. Ned isn't the type of guy to have an affair. To me this is the biggest flag. He is the type of guy that would claim to be the father to save the life of his sister's child though, even if it meant a hit to his honor.
-Littlefinger's talk today shows how much Rheagar liked Lyanna .
-Barriston's talk put some insight into the type of guy Rheagar was. Along with his infatuation with Lyanna, doesn't sound like the type of guy that'd kidnap and rape her.
-Robert Baratheon is a very stubborn guy, could easily see him coming up with his own narrative to justify war against Rheagar for stealing his girl.
-Lyanna was buried at Winterfell, not just because that's where she belongs but she never loved Robert in the first place. She would not want to be buried beside him.

This series will so end with Jon surviving dragon fire and/or commanding the dragons. That or martin/writers will do a Uturn because so many people predicted it.

Guri

I don't think Lyanna is Jon's mother. Ned told on the first season her name was Wylla. Sure, he could have lied, especially because Robert loved Lyanna, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Ovid

lol no she isn't. The High Sparrow is simply aligned with her because it seems like she's for his cause. Once he gets confirmation she's in love with incest and Tommen is the product of that he'll turn on her in a second.
So you're saying that this is sort of setting up Tommen to die?

Where would he get confirmation? Is he investigating off camera?

Davos freed him before Stannis could burn him. We haven't seen him since he rowed away from Dragonstone.

Every time there's a scene of someone rowing, I still think it's Gendry. :(
That's right.

Okay.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't think Lyanna is Jon's mother. Ned told on the first season her name was Wylla. Sure, he could have lied, especially because Robert loved Lyanna, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Robert would have the boy killed if he knew it was Rheagars, Ned would lied on purpose to save the boy's life.

Griss

Well, let's see.

-As you said, yes Ned's whole personality leads credence to the theory. Ned isn't the type of guy to have an affair. To me this is the biggest flag. He is the type of guy that would claim to be the father to save the life of his sister's child though, even if it meant a hit to his honor.
-Littlefinger's talk today shows how much Rheagar liked Lyanna .
-Barriston's talk put some insight into the type of guy Rheagar was. Along with his infatuation with Lyanna, doesn't sound like the type of guy that'd kidnap and rape her.
-Robert Baratheon is a very stubborn guy, could easily see him coming up with his own narrative to justify war against Rheagar for stealing his girl.
-Lyanna was buried at Winterfell, not just because that's where she belongs but she never loved Robert in the first place. She would not want to be buried beside him.

This series will so end with Jon surviving dragon fire and/or commanding the dragons. That or martin/writers will do a Uturn because so many people predicted it.

I'm with you on the first three points but not the last. She never married Robert, right? So why would she be buried anywhere near him? She was an unmarried woman, Winterfell was her rightful resting place.

And how do we know she had a baby and when or that it's Jon? Could be anyone. Maybe some soldier came up to Ned and was like 'Ned this is your sister's baby, like, for reals,' and Ned murmered 'Honour...' and just accepted the kid. It could be anyone's.

Did she even have enough time between being kidnapped and the Rebellion to have a kid? We don't really know any of this stuff. The one thing that would make me believe it was the juxtaposition of two scenes about Rhaegar in the same episode where Melly starts to get hot for Jon. Tells you that he's something special, because Melly knows all sorts of secret shit.

Kusagari

So you're saying that this is sort of setting up Tommen to die?

Where would he get confirmation? Is he investigating off camera?

The most prominent member of the Sparrows after the High Sparrow is the cousin that Cersei fucked.

I see no reason that the High Sparrow won't believe such a devout follower if he spills the details on Cersei.

After tonight's episode, how can anyone say King Stannis won't be a worthy King of the 7 Kingdoms of Westeros? I cried like a baby watching that scene between him and his daughter. You can see he still feels guilty for her condition. Folks need to wise up and bend the knee to the one true king. The son of the Andals, the rightful claim to the throne...King Stannis.

I think he would be a just king. He would be 50x better then the shit Lannisters who have been in power up to this point. The Iron Bank calls in 10% of its debt and the KINGDOM OF WESTEROS can't even pay half of that and will have to borrow more to pay off the debt. Sounds familiar .....

Anyway. Stannis would be a worthy King yes. My only pause is how close he is with the red witch. There is just something that is off about her, besides the whole giving birth to assassin shadows thing. She is incredibly sexy though I will give her that, goodness

Ferrio

Banned
I'm with you on the first three points but not the last. She never married Robert, right? So why would she be buried anywhere near him? She was an unmarried woman, Winterfell was her rightful resting place.

And how do we know she had a baby and when or that it's Jon? Could be anyone. Maybe some soldier came up to Ned and was like 'Ned this is your sister's baby, like, for reals,' and Ned murmered 'Honour...' and just accepted the kid. It could be anyone's.

Did she even have enough time between being kidnapped and the Rebellion to have a kid? We don't really know any of this stuff. The one thing that would make me believe it was the juxtaposition of two scenes about Rhaegar in the same episode where Melly starts to get hot for Jon. Tells you that he's something special, because Melly knows all sorts of secret shit.

Robert asks Ned why they buried her at Winterfell, he obviously wanted her buried with him or at King's Landing. Robert was friendzoned man.

As for the timeline, well it was enough time for Ned to claim to have fathered a son during the War... so it'd of been enough time for Rhaegar and Lyanna to have a child.

televator

No way in hell Cersei's plans wont blow up in her face horrendously. WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT. She alienates and antagonizes probably the wealthiest family in Westeros and legitimizes what is basically Westeros' Al-Qaeda. Margery and Grandma Olenna Will definitely plot against her... Olenna matched Tywin in cleverness! The Sparrows are a ticking time bomb in her hands. They are puritans... She didn't stop to think that perhaps that common knowledge about her, her brother, and her children might not fly so well with them? It's just a matter of time before they've run out of other targets.

She will be the direct cause of the death of her remaining kids.

RIP, Ser Baristan. :( He went out like a legend though. Better than having the Lanisters do some underhanded shit like they did to the Starks.

Now I shall see if my prediction is right or wrong. Will dragon mom lose some dragons?

Loakum

Banned
I think he would be a just king. He would be 50x better then the shit Lannisters who have been in power up to this point. The Iron Bank calls in 10% of its debt and the KINGDOM OF WESTEROS can't even pay half of that and will have to borrow more to pay off the debt. Sounds familiar .....

Anyway. Stannis would be a worthy King yes. My only pause is how close he is with the red witch. There is just something that is off about her, besides the whole giving birth to assassin shadows thing. She is incredibly sexy though I will give her that, goodness

That debt will be meaningless because of the fact......Winter is Coming..

Loakum

Banned
The most prominent member of the Sparrows after the High Sparrow is the cousin that Cersei fucked.

I see no reason that the High Sparrow won't believe such a devout follower if he spills the details on Cersei.

I hate to admit it, but Cersei Dun Goof'D Up Dis Time.

I don't even think Winter is coming anymore. That's just a Stark slogan.

lol, you climate change denier! (It does seem this season has forgotten about that....so far)

No way in hell Cersei's plans wont blow up in her face horrendously. WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT. She alienates and antagonizes probably the wealthiest family in Westeros and legitimizes what is basically Westeros' Al-Qaeda. Margery and Grandma Olenna Will definitely plot against her... Olenna matched Tywin in cleverness! The Sparrows are a ticking time bomb in her hands. They are puritans... She didn't stop to think that perhaps that common knowledge about her, her brother, and her children might not fly so well with them? It's just a matter of time before they've run out of other targets.

She will be the direct cause of the death of her remaining kids.

RIP, Ser Baristan. :( He went out like a legend though. Better than having the Lanisters do some underhanded shit like they did to the Starks.

Now I shall see if my prediction is right or wrong. Will dragon mom lose some dragons?

Fighting some random rabble with daggers and losing is " going out like a legend? "

Legends die in Wars or during battles of meaning. He did neither. He died to a bunch of slavers with daggers and no armor on. Yeh It took a lot of them but why not just slide into a corner and start slicing ankles at anyone who comes forward? Legend.

I'm pissed about Barristan. Dude was supposed to be one of if not the greatest swordsman who lived and he goes out like that?

He told fully armored knights of the kings guard he could cut through all eight of them like carving a cake. Then gets killed by that group.

And that was the first time we got to see him fight!!! AUGH

Yeah he had to know in the back if his head he may get found out about his time with cersei

Loakum

Banned
Did anyone else notice that Sansa seems to be down with Peter Belish kissing her in the mouth. It was really noticeable when she said, "I will probably be married when you come back." It's like she wanted Peter's littlefinger (aka tha D) right then and there, before he left.

Redhood

Cersie is plotting like crazy. First she sends of the Tyrell to some place else under the ruse of Bravos. Then she has captured Loras. She is obviously trying to stick it to Tyrells at this point. It is gonna blow up in her face when the sparrows go crazy and kill her and Tommen. Poor Jamie will be left all alone to raise Myrcella. Also Littlefinger going back to king's landing is not going to end well for him.

Cersie is plotting like crazy. First she sends of the Tyrell to some place else under the ruse of Bravos. Then she has captured Loras. She is obviously trying to stick it to Tyrells at this point. It is gonna blow up in her face when the sparrows go crazy and kill her and Tommen. Poor Jamie will be left all alone to raise Myrcella. Also Littlefinger going back to king's landing is not going to end well for him.

Him answering Cersei is a very odd thing to me. I mean .... He is responsible for Sansa going missing in the first place. You have to think it is going to get out that Sansa Stark is alive and well and was with Littlefinger at some point. The Boltons did have an allegiance with the a Lannisters so you have to think the Lannisters have eyes in Winterfell.

So it would be downright idiotic for them not to put 2 and 2 together. Fuck Littlefinger though for what he did to Eddard Stark. Jealous prick. But yeah I doubt he is able to leave Kings Landing again.

Kusagari

Melisandre is the most interesting character in the show to me.

Everyone else you have some idea what they're thinking, even if you don't know how they'll get to that point.

With her I legitimately have no clue what the fuck she's thinking.

Xamdou

Look's like Cersei is seeking new allies in her campaign against Margery and the Tyrells. Now she is seeking LittleFinger's expertise, isn't the King's Gaurd under LF's control or something or was it some other private army in King's landing?

televator

Fighting some random rabble with daggers and losing is " going out like a legend? "

Legends die in Wars or during battles of meaning. He did neither. He died to a bunch of slavers with daggers and no armor on. Yeh It took a lot of them but why not just slide into a corner and start slicing ankles at anyone who comes forward? Legend.

I'm pissed about Barristan. Dude was supposed to be one of if not the greatest swordsman who lived and he goes out like that?

He told fully armored knights of the kings guard he could cut through all eight of them like carving a cake. Then gets killed by that group.

And that was the first time we got to see him fight!!! AUGH

At least he wasn't assassinated while breaking bread or betrayed in some way. He went out fighting against overwhelming numbers for the sake of a queen he believed in, WITH NO ARMOR, and no one came out alive... Save for comrade Grey Worm who owes his life to him and will surely speak of his valor in combat.

Kimaka

Didn't she accuse him once and he laid on the charm?

I kind of recall her getting mad at him not helping her father and Littlefinger explaining that they would have killed him too if he tried to help. I don't think she knows that he said he was going to help Ned and then betrayed him. It has been a while so I might be mixing things up.

Xamdou

Isn't Sir Barriston a Queensguard? He's off in the streets to maintain the peace with no armor on... kinda whack he went down like that though. Another honorable and legendary figure in Westeros departing so soon.

Melisandre. Stannis is looking to be a worthy king but meli(hottest character in the show, I'm so glad for boobs)sander is clearly evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom