• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

i can hold off until tonight at least, mainly because i want to see how my hbo now trial will work with a VPN.

Aiii

So not worth it
i can hold off until tonight at least, mainly because i want to see how my hbo now trial will work with a VPN.

Everything will be inverted, have a purple greenish tint and occasionally Tyrion will break the fourth wall and yell at you for not adhering to Geolock's.

Alpende

I had a few old FB friends update their FB statuses the moment the Red Wedding happened.

Didn't Twitter had an option to filter out certain words for Netflix shows? IIRC they had it with House of Cards or something.

FB should have something like that.

Fuck, 4 episodes got leaked?

Not-Like-This-Angry-Headshake-Reaction-Gif.gif

What? Really 4 episodes?

Didn't Twitter had an option to filter out certain words for Netflix shows? IIRC they had it with House of Cards or something.

FB should have something like that.

Google's patented something like that, so maybe one day in the not too distant future.

Is it true that episodes go up on HBO Go a full hour after the episodes have aired? That would suck, as I don't want to watch it in SD live... At least I get HBO for free from Comcast so I'm not paying to be in the exact same situation as pirates.

Is it true that episodes go up on HBO Go a full hour after the episodes have aired? That would suck, as I don't want to watch it in SD live... At least I get HBO for free from Comcast so I'm not paying to be in the exact same situation as pirates.

No they go up pretty much as it soon as it starts airing on TV. Whether or not HBOGo will be functioning at that time is another matter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Twitch chat, video game chat windows, pretty much anywhere on the internet where you can socialize with random people is gonna be a minefield. I wouldn't even be surprised if we get a few account suicides in this thread. It's happened before with book spoilers.

Time to turn off all chat channels in WoW. Outside of that, my main interactions with random people on internet is here on GAF, so I should be safe.

Wouldn't watching them have you wait 4 weeks until the next episode releases? I'm not confirming or denying if I have watched them but dawn, I would be so depressed.

Radec

Holy fuck at the leaks.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Spoilers Are Coming [Read the OP]

Curufinwe

To be perfectly clear here, if people continue to discuss which episodes might have leaked, how the 'reported' quality is, how 'your friend' found them, make up fake spoilers, etc..., I'm going to start handing out bans. Find somewhere else on the internet to chat about it. Thanks.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these threads. This is the only place on the Internet I discuss GoT so I'm not worried about this kerfuffle.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
is there a good catchup video of all four seasons?
I'm going to be rewatching them but I wanna watch the new episodes as soon as they air
edit; nevemind, found one

A brief word on how we’re going to handle the Game of Thrones leak going forward:

There’s a passage on piracy in the Terms of Service that is written with respect to Gaming Side, and this more or less gets carried over to the OT for television, music, and other media. If you want to discuss the business implications of the leak for HBO, what this means for them going forward, and the mechanics of how they might have been stolen from the network, this is fine.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get torrent software and the like to work, reviews and impressions of pirated content, talking about how you're currently watching/plan to watch illegally obtained episodes, and anything else like that is strictly prohibited. Obviously, posting spoilers from the leak is going to cop you a lengthy ban, as well. This applies for any television show that we talk about in the OT.

All discussion of this subject is being redirected to this thread. You should not bring up the leaks in either of the two main Game of Thrones threads. The primary reason for this is avoid derailing threads that are intended for discussion of the television show as it airs on HBO as scheduled. We're going to keep those threads on track as best we can.

Hope that makes sense. Please contact moderation if you have specific questions.

EDIT: The OP has been updated to reflect this, as well.

Sendero

A shame, was looking forward for the comments. Have a small party planned for tonight, hope the initial episode delivers.

I was checking several of the past previous episodes, and still finding a lot of stuff didn't know about, including a lot of characters making predictions on what will happen (like Osha). Odd that Jojen never stop and said: hey, my visions tell me that I'm going to be cocktail-molotoved under the tree.. let's run!. He probably would have survived a few more days.

Also, this might not be a popular opinion, but found that some of the Tyrion scenes were acted... poorly. Quite so, actually.
Wasn't expecting that. But his high notes, are still quite awesome.

Qurupeke

Umm, I heard some episodes were leaked. I guess discussion for them before the official premiere is prohibited right? Just asking to make sure.

Edit: Nevermind just saw Cornballer's post. :)

2-3 months after the season 4 end I couldn't think of anything else and suddenly season 5 is there.

I am not as hyped, but I think that will change after the first epsiode.

Here I was thinking I could finally get through a season without getting spoiled by memes, the book readers(not talking about Gaffers just the internet like FB, twitter) and etc.

Posted this in Book spoiler thread by mistake

styl3s

2-3 months after the season 4 end I couldn't think of anything else and suddenly season 5 is there.

Game of Thones is like The Walking Dead for me. When it's on i am 110% laser focused, in and riding that hype train all day every day week after week month after month. But then it ends and for like a couple of weeks i am sad there are no new episodes but then i forget and next thing i know it's like 10 hours till the premiere and i am not like foaming out of the mouth to watch it but once that intro hits it's like going 0-60 in 0.1 seconds.

I think it's some anti-crazy mechanism my brain has developed so i can cope without having these shows for a year without snapping. But the good news is this season goes past book 5 which means i can finally start reading the books.

PFD

Same here. Was hyped as fuck when Season 4 ended last year. But now I'm strangely ambivalent towards S5. I watched the trailer and I felt nothing

Hoping this will change with the premiere tonight

Dennis

Banned
Has it been confirmed that there will be no
- Bran -
storyline this season?

If so, a return in Season 6, right?

BraXzy

God I am so hyped! I have missed this show! I came on board during I think around the end of season 3, so it was nice being able to marathon a lot of it. It's going to be torture waiting week by week again.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a good recap video to get us back up to speed? I can't remember everything that happened.

yodandy

Anyone have a sweet video recap? Of all seasons or just the last one? Preferably all seasons, I need to brush up on my lore a bit!

Edit: saw one was just posted above me. Any other recommendations appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom