• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* Disappointed and upset of the news. How does one avoid spoilers online now? I've had things spoiled in the strangest ways in the past. Now this? It's reassuring that others in this thread are struggling with this as well. Wait 9.5 month for the season to start only for some moron to leak the episodes. What is it about this show that makes so many people want to spoil things for others?

Hopefully this thread stays safe. But I'm tempted just to dig a big hole in my back yard and just throw any and all electronics in there that can access the internet. Then bury them. And anyone else who I think might spoil things as well.

Although I will say there is some irony here. For the first time this year book readers were facing a decision to watch the show, or wait for the books. And now, they're going to be facing the landmine of spoilers that us TV viewers have had to deal with for the past four years.

So what happened to Baratheon's bastard child? He was a main character for a while and then just...was never mentioned again. (The blacksmith)

Xamdou

Woo spoiler free! Still funny that the show will spoil book readers but we won't go into that.

Will ep 1 be on HBO Go at exactly 6:00pm pacific time?

Vashetti

Banned
So what happened to Baratheon's bastard child? He was a main character for a while and then just...was never mentioned again. (The blacksmith)

gendry-checks-in-tweet.jpg

Jrmint

gendry and stannis have the most claim to the throne, everyone else should back the fuck up.
Not Danarys? Her family was the last one to legitimately hold the throne without being murdered. Remember Jaime killed the last Targaryan to allow Robert to take the throne.

iNvid02

Not Danarys? Her family was the last one to legitimately hold the throne without being murdered. Remember Jaime killed the last Targaryan to allow Robert to take the throne.

hmm true, but there should be a rule that if at any point you turn into a crazy motherfucker while ruling you void 1-2 generations of your bloodline from the throne just to be on the safe side

No, Stannis is the only true king.

or this. the actor that portrays stannis is just really cool, makes him very likeable in addition to his no-nonsense style

Daemul

The Iron Throne belongs to House Baratheon by right of conquest, Daenerys has no claim to it.

The Cowboy

or this. the actor that portrays stannis is just really cool, makes him very likeable in addition to his no-nonsense style
Stannis is a man who gets shit done - 1st up the wall at kings landing, likely 1st riding into battle at the wall - he is the GOAT (apart from Tyrion - i'd follow Tyrion for sure).

Jrmint

The Iron Throne belongs to House Baratheon by right of conquest, Daenerys has no claim to it.
That's debatable. She could just as easily say it was stolen from her family.

Just for the record I'd be fine with Stannis taking the throne, I'm just playing devils advocate and I think Dany has a claim.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Honestly I don't really care about spoilers at this point. If every single lead character was killed godfather montage style I would barely bat an eyelid. The biggest shock for me will be when the good guy doesn't die.

Honestly I don't really care about spoilers at this point. If every single lead character was killed godfather montage style I would barely bat an eyelid. The biggest shock for me will be when the good guy doesn't die.

He did go overboard with the killing the good guys routine, you know exactly what is coming Season 4:
sand prince last season

Nekofrog

Banned
That's debatable. She could just as easily say it was stolen from her family.

Just for the record I'd be fine with Stannis taking the throne, I'm just playing devils advocate and I think Dany has a claim.

no, she can't

her family was conquered, not burgled

I started this series just last month and I must say it has lived up to the hype thus far. I'm excited to see where this season takes us. Hopefully I can avoid any spoilers due to the leak.

Fuck the Boltons

Portugeezer

So did we find out in Season 4 if the Hound eventually died? I can't remember what happened, he was left to die but did we see him die?

Out of curiosity, what was Renly's claim to the throne? I never truly understood how he amassed such a large following.

Well didn't he have edit: sorry confused the family names Tyrell's support, I think it is speculated that Stannis and Renly have their own armies.

I started this series just last month and I must say it has lived up to the hype thus far. I'm excited to see where this season takes us. Hopefully I can avoid any spoilers due to the leak.

Fuck the Boltons

Hate the Boltons so much, unlike the Lannisters whose characters have started to grow on me, this Bolton family is the definition of evil. Fuck the Boltons.

Out of curiosity, what was Renly's claim to the throne? I never truly understood how he amassed such a large following.

Renly (rightfully tbh) realised that strong poltical alliances leave you better placed for the iron throne than blood right, rights by conquest they call it in Westeros.

Renly looked like Robert Baratheon did in his youth, the spitting image, so he was way way more popular amongst the Storm Lords compared to Stannis. Combine this with his own charisma, a powerful friendship within the Tyrells, and tolerance from the Martells, Starks, Tullys and Arryns; and you'll see that Renly was all set for taking the throne.

But once again unrealistic Lannister luck saves the day, and he gets wildcard killed by a shadow.

For anyone who claims this series is realistic, it isn't. The Lannisters get as lucky as a team within a children's sport movie would.

Raw64life

Just ran through the 4 seasons of this over the last month or so. Finished season 4 last night and was wondering how I was going to be able to endure having to wait a week between episodes. Wake up today and what do you know. Especially since Mad Men airs at the same time, it's a godsend for me. It was painful avoiding spoilers to whole time and I'm not about to be spoiled now.

Curufinwe

Renly (rightfully tbh) realised that strong poltical alliances leave you better placed for the iron throne than blood right, rights by conquest they call it in Westeros.

Renly looked like Robert Baratheon did in his youth, the spitting image, so he was way way more popular amongst the Storm Lords compared to Stannis. Combine this with his own charisma, a powerful friendship within the Tyrells, and tolerance from the Martells, Starks, Tullys and Arryns; and you'll see that Renly was all set for taking the throne.

But once again unrealistic Lannister luck saves the day, and he gets wildcard killed by a shadow.

For anyone who claims this series is realistic, it isn't. The Lannisters get as lucky as a team within a children's sport movie would.

I don't even know if I'll watch season 5 now I've find out from Renly's number one fan that this show about magic, ice men and dragons isn't realistic.

Guri

The first episode airs in 45 minutes here in Brazil. It is later in the US, right? Just making sure so I can avoid coming here to spoil it to people.

Venture

How was that lucky for the Lannisters? They would've been much better off if Renly wasn't assassinated and his and Stannis' armies fought against each other. The Lannisters were almost defeated because of Renly's death.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
So fucking excited! 40 mins to go. Had to re watch the season 4 finale in anticipation. Is season 5 seriously going to exceed the books? I'm assuming GRRM is working closely with HBO this season if true? Just read that today and it's sort of blowing my mind lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom