• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 8 |OT| A Song of Icy and Fiery Fandom

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Hahahahaha

Oh my fucking God, this is literally the worst writing ever in any TV show.

arpBg30.gif

It's Euron's entire motivation. What the fuck?

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
No hype for Battle of the Bitches then?
I'm sure at least one of this seasons episodes is going to be really good. Surely it will be this one?

I'm sure at least one of this seasons episodes is going to be really good. Surely it will be this one?
Hype has been deflated

Of course I am still gonna see how it all ends.

I just waiting for some cheesy Golden Company double cross or something.

JimiNutz

Banned
We already had a good episode, The Long Night. its just in the wrong order

I'm not in the camp that thought the episode was awful but compared to some of the previous big battle episodes The Long Night was a letdown and not what I expected/hoped to see from the final season of Game of Thrones.

Hype has been deflated

Of course I am still gonna see how it all ends.

I just waiting for some cheesy Golden Company double cross or something.

Yeah we haven't really seen anything from them yet. Good shout on the double cross.

Starfield

I'm not in the camp that thought the episode was awful but compared to some of the previous big battle episodes The Long Night was a letdown and not what I expected/hoped to see from the final season of Game of Thrones.

Yeah we haven't really seen anything from them yet. Good shout on the double cross.
Agree. Nothing like Hardhome, but better than BotB imo.

the music saved it.l

Kadayi

Banned

I'm interested to see how things play out, however, I'm expecting the battle itself will be somewhat shorter. we've got both the hound and Arya as well as Jamie presumably in Kings Landing as well as Johns army turning up and Dany having to navigate all the scorpions.

Oddly enough I rewatched the Battle of the Bastards today. The scene with Jon and Sansa.

Just before that Jon is talking about how if Ramsey was smart, he'd stay behind the walls...

Jon sort of forgot about Winterfell walls in the Long Night. smh

Geki-D

Banned

If a fan can take your footage that aired, edit it, and make it 100x better... you probably fucked up

We gonna need a Phantom Edit of this season to make it not terrible. This is a good sign it's possible and I'm sure some people are already thinking about it.

Hahahahaha

Oh my fucking God, this is literally the worst writing ever in any TV show.

This can't be. He must be saying that because he doesn't want to spoil anything but in the next episode this has to have an effect, It just has to. This season can't be so terrible that Euron didn't pick up on the obvious fact Tyrion knowing about the baby is impossible if it's his. No, I hate this season but it can't be that bad. ...Can it?

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Agree. Nothing like Hardhome, but better than BotB imo.

the music saved it.l

See I really enjoyed Battle of the Bastards. It was chaotic and brutal but still easy to see and follow, it had interesting tactics and twists/turns in the battle and had a satisfying conclusion. As a bastards myself I have a soft spot for the name of the battle as well lol

I'm interested to see how things play out, however, I'm expecting the battle itself will be somewhat shorter. we've got both the hound and Arya as well as Jamie presumably in Kings Landing as well as Johns army turning up and Dany having to navigate all the scorpions.

Yeah I'm not expecting the battle to last as long but there are a lot of interesting characters in play so I'm expecting something awesome from at least one of them! I was thinking that maybe the battle will spill over into the next episode as well? Like maybe the last 30 mins of this episode is the beginning of the battle and it concludes in the next episode?

I'm on this train until the last stop.

Fxeb0uX.gif

I mean we only have two stops left, why get off now?!

Oddly enough I rewatched the Battle of the Bastards today. The scene with Jon and Sansa.

Just before that Jon is talking about how if Ramsey was smart, he'd stay behind the walls...

Jon sort of forgot about Winterfell walls in the Long Night. smh

The problem with that tactic is that the undead don't starve/die so although a normal army would eventually freeze or starve if they tired to wait outside the walls, the dead could just wait there outside the walls for months/years?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This can't be. He must be saying that because he doesn't want to spoil anything but in the next episode this has to have an effect, It just has to. This season can't bo so terrible that Euron didn't pick up on the obvious fact Tyrion knowing about the baby is impossible if it's his. No, I hate this season but it can't be that bad. ...Can it?

Best get moving, only a few hours until the next cycle.. ;b

iYKlOuU.png

The problem with that tactic is that the undead don't starve/die so although a normal army would eventually freeze or starve if they tired to wait outside the walls, the dead could just wait there outside the walls for months/years?
Not really.

The Army of the Living had ONE HIT KILL weapons on all their soldiers including arrowheads. In top of that they had a Fire Trench (not positioned properly) and 2 Dragons doing fire runs.

And consider this... how where the Dorthraki intending to kill Wights anyway? Sure a fire sword would, but the fire part wasn't part of the plan. No one knew that was gonna happen until 10 seconds before the charge. Where their curvy swords Dragon Glass? I didn't think they were.

Geki-D

Banned
Best get moving, only a few hours until the next cycle.. ;b

iYKlOuU.png
cdZ1CSc.gif

And consider this... how where the Dorthraki intending to kill Wights anyway? Sure a fire sword would, but the fire part wasn't part of the plan. No one knew that was gonna happen until 10 seconds before the charge. Where their curvy swords Dragon Glass? I didn't think they were.
Already argued about this in the thread earlier. Yeah, the Dothraki were sent out to die. No their weapons weren't dragon glass. *MAYBE* they had dragon glass side arms. A bit silly and pointless to not have them as their main weapons though.

Last edited:
cdZ1CSc.gif

Already argued about this in the thread earlier. Yeah, the Dothraki were sent out to die. No their weapons weren't dragon glass. *MAYBE* they had dragon glass side arms. A bit silly and pointless to not have them as their main weapons though.
Yeah they were but I’ve seen it argued on the internet that it was part of the plan.

Dany’s face says... nope or at least no one told her.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hoi i am new,
Can't wait

not sure what is spoiler spoiler or not

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I hope people screaming not enough death from previous episode are satisfied now

I hope these character kills for shock value purpose satisfied you

Last edited:
Well.....yikes

They did it.

I guess I’m an idiot because I just didn’t really see it coming. I didn’t believe they would just go full heel turn after all we’ve been through with Dany.

I’m a little stunned.

I’ll rewatch the episode and think on it before posting more.

Some terrific individual scenes, as always, just wow at how that’s they went with for the ending of characters invested in for so many.

I honestly don’t understand the decision making. Bad Dany doesn’t feel earned. The deaths we got tonight didn’t feel fulfilling to me.

I guess I just don’t get it. But maybe I’m a dumbass.

Great scenes and music, as usual.

I dunno man. I just don’t know. I feel weird about it.

Cersei and Jaime deserves better imo

Starfield

I think Jaime's Character arc hasn't been undone by going back to Cersei. It would have been if he stayed at Winterfell. The whole point of it was that after all he STILL loved his sister, like noone else. No matter what has happened if you truly love someone and you know that the person you love the most is going to be in danger, you rather go and help her instead of sitting on your arse. Doesn't mean he suddenly turns into a villain again, he never was really if we are serious.

But to see his and Cerseis desperation in the end, going out like that...

Denarys Tagaryen, I hereby sentence you to death by Arya Stark.

Edit: Cersei in the end got what she wanted, just not in the way she wanted.

Last edited:

Catphish

So, an entire fucking fleet of ballista boats, countless ballistas on the walls, and no one thought it might be a good idea to point a few IN DIFFERENT FUCKING DIRECTIONS!?

Bleh. So much disappointment in how this is wrapping up. I haven't been this let down since Lost. Actually, this is probably fucking worse.

The only bright spot is now I won't have to spend any money on the box set.

I must have missed the news that Rian Johnson was directing this entire season. What a spectacular way to shit the bed.

👎

Last edited:
Top Bottom