• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen from SA

always_leave_a_note.jpg

The ultimate purpose of the AD/GOT captions, fulfilled.

RaidenZR

That was a good episode. I was dying at the Podrick stuff. Hilarious little scene, and the 'Meereenese Knot' joke was fucking grand.

Both Tully additions are welcome. The Blackfish was pitch-perfect, I thought. Well-delivered lines and looks. Fantastic casting. I actually liked the Tully decor and setpieces, too. More of this is welcome to me, despite nothing major happening right this second.

And poor Hot Pie. I thought Arya was gonna give him a hug.

But contrary to everyone so far, I thought the closing song was pretty terrible. So out of place and off-sounding. And coming after such a major event... I think it sucked the drama out of the moment for me. Weird choice and not one that sits well.

Everything was fantastic this week. I love what they're doing with Theon and how long it seems they're going to keep it going.

ASOS
Anyone think its gonna get more and more obvious what's gonna happen with Robb? They're really showing his coalition coming apart at the seams. LOVED him chewing out Edmure for the move that essentially lost the war for the North.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Some of you guys shouldn't worry about the other thread. Let them worry about it. They have a mod to PM if they feel anything was posted that shouldn't have been.

Everything was fantastic this week. I love what they're doing with Theon and how long it seems they're going to keep it going.

ASOS
Anyone think its gonna get more and more obvious what's gonna happen with Robb? They're really showing his coalition coming apart at the seams. LOVED him chewing out Edmure for the move that essentially lost the war for the North.

ASOS
This isn't really any different then what happens in the book. And actually I think it the book it's telegraphed more how screwed he is. He lost Winterfell and Jaime, married Jeyne, had to behead Karstark and kinda hit a low point. But then Balon Greyjoy dies, and he has plans to make amends with Frey, and head back up North and reclaim it so things start looking up and you feel like they're about to turn things around and then BAM! The RW.

UraMallas

Some of you guys shouldn't worry about the other thread. Let them worry about it. They have a mod to PM if they feel anything was posted that shouldn't have been.
It's about catching the offenders before they spoil something for the non-book readers. If we let a person posting in that thread do it, that means at least one person was spoiled and possibly more.

Fuzzy

It's about catching the offenders before they spoil something for the non-book readers. If we let a person posting in that thread do it, that means at least one person was spoiled and possibly more.
And trying to catch people can end of confirming spoilers that they don't know they're even posting. Unless you know for sure that the person has read the books then stay out of it and ignore it.

EDIT: :lol at the gif above me.

The dude I posted about admitted to reading the books in his post, has posted in this thread and was saying stuff that could've been easily misinterpreted. Readers simply need to stay out of that thread.

UraMallas

And trying to catch people can end of confirming spoilers that they don't know they're even posting. Unless you know for sure that the person has read the books then stay out of it and ignore it.

EDIT: :lol at the gif above me.
I understand what you're saying but the poster we are directly talking about right now confirms he's read the books in the post he hints in. He should be reminded in a friendly manner not to post on the thread. Maybe he was but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it here. Highlighting it in the book readers thread through discussion might help alleviate some of the posters from here getting the urge to post hints there.

Lkr

anyone got a link to that rendition of the bear and the maiden fair used in the credits? it was so fucking out of place with how upbeat it was lmao

Fuzzy

The dude I posted about admitted to reading the books in his post, has posted in this thread and was saying stuff that could've been easily misinterpreted. Readers simply need to stay out of that thread.
Then PM ThoseDeafMutes and have him banned.

Levi

Banned
I really hate seeing the reactions of non readers. Do you guys have to shit up this thread by constantly quoting the other one in here? Everyone who wants to read that thread can.

Excellent episode tonight (save for that dumb Stannis scene).

Loved the Mereenese knot line and "You little bastard". ACOK/Season 3
Can we stop pretending he isn't Ramsay?

I really hate seeing the reactions of non readers. Do you guys have to shit up this thread by constantly quoting the other one in here? Everyone who wants to read that thread can.

Ugh. Forgot about this. There's no middle ground with Stannis on this show. They either nail him perfectly or do dumb shit like this.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Lighten up.

Ugh. Forgot about this. There's no middle ground with Stannis on this show. They either nail him perfectly or do dumb shit like this.

Yeah, his desire for Mel doesn't mesh well with what I think of him. Seems off.

Lkr

OMG. I just now got the "bastard" line. I'm slow tonight.

lol it was so obvious to me that i wasn't even sure what you guys were even talking about for a minute.

i assume based on the title of the next episode that asos
lord commander mormont dies in it

btw i laughed pretty hard in the other thread when someone posted carl drogo

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That music at the end... I guess I don't get the joke. Way to immediately kill any possibility of lingering tension from the episode.

S3 is off to a pretty rough start for me. I feel like they're spread way too thin.

I cannot rewatch these episodes like I could with previous seasons.

Lkr

I guess you don't remember some of these things from S1?

PKqCSRv.jpg

Or calling Dany Kelly C?

i didn't know this was a thing
That music at the end... I guess I don't get the joke. Way to immediately kill any possibility of lingering tension from the episode.

S3 is off to a pretty rough start for me. I feel like they're spread way too thin.

I cannot rewatch these episodes like I could with previous seasons.

have you read the books? the song is sung quite often in it, in very big moments as well...

ASOS
They are NAILING Ramsay. I love how they're setting up his character, like the bit with giving his captives a head start before bringing down the hammer.

And oh god, that ending, so good.

Series
I'd say they're doing him better/more interestingly than the books. Killing his own men and going THIS far with Theon? Amazing. I cannot fucking WAIT for the reveal. I'm DYING to see how Iwan interprets the actual character, not the put-on he's doing now.

Loved it. End was so sudden, I am sure that itself was shocking for many.

Dany's scene was also nicely done. That translator actress is so hot.

E4 preview looks great, can't wait!

Trasher

Dumb as it is, it's an important scene. Shuts up all the people who would ask "Why don't they just keep fucking and make a huge shadow baby army that kills everything like in Return of the King?"

I even thought to myself a while ago why they didn't just keep making more shadow babies. Had to look it up in the books: (Series?)
Stannis' eyes started to turn a hue of blue.

cj_iwakura

Question about someone who's supposed to appear in this season, [ASOS]
where the heck is Stannis' daughter? Bring on the Greyscale!

Dysun

D&D did a killer job directing this episode, was totally engaged all throughout. Not sure about that outro music though...

Evolved1

have you read the books? the song is sung quite often in it, in very big moments as well...

I recognized the song from earlier in the episode... it was the music that I didn't really get.

-griffy-

Banned

I thought it was a perfect cap off to that moment. What tension did it exactly ruin? We got an "OH SHIT HAND" moment followed by a rendition of an in-fiction song that conveyed the idea of "FUCK YOU AND YOUR HAND THIS SHOW DON"T PLAY BY NO RULES!" It was great! It left you gobsmacked twice over.

Evolved1

I thought it was a perfect cap off to that moment. What tension did it exactly ruin? We got an "OH SHIT HAND" moment followed by a rendition of an in-fiction song that conveyed the idea of "FUCK YOU AND YOUR HAND THIS SHOW DON"T PLAY BY NO RULES!" It was great! It left you gobsmacked twice over.

Well I don't really watch the show as a joke, but you're entitled to watch however you like. I'm glad for you, that you enjoyed it. I didn't really get it. I thought it ruined the moment even before I was able to process it.

rar

that version of the bear and the maiden fair was offensive to my ears

why did they think that was a good idea?

rar

i also didn't find any of the podrick/tyrion/bronn stuff funny at all. way too heavy-handed, i'd rather they cut that garbage and spend more time with important stuff

I recognized the song from earlier in the episode... it was the music that I didn't really get.

My take on the music was that this is the first time in the series where a major "villian" actually has to suffer significantly. Thus upbeat metal for that moment of "FUCK YES! Finally!" that the audience likely had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom