• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Boo

oh man i remember in school how so many women liked theon and
roose's bastard pairing. now i see who is playing him, and he's so pretty so i am sure these fangirls are going to grow in numbers.

-griffy-

Banned
It looks like it yes. As for the second question, I don't think its supposed to be the same place, but it looks like they reused the set and hoped no one would look too closely haha.

It's definitely supposed to be the exact same inn. Arya asks the Hound, "Do you remember the last time you were here?" and of course he doesn't because he doesn't care. But Arya DOES remember because the last time they were there the Hound killed her friend for when they "attacked" Joffrey. It was the start of the shit in Arya's life.

Eidan

So did they actually use the same set for Hot Pie's inn as in episode 2 or 3 or whatever when Ned killed lady and the Hound killed Micah?

AND, is it the same place that Cat captured Tyrion?

AND... were all three incidents the same inn in the books or not? I don't quite remember.

The interior of the Crossroads Inn looked pretty much the same as it did when Catelyn captured Tyrion. I can't recall if we ever see the inn proper when Ned kills Lady.

As for the books.
I remember that Catelyn does capture Tyrion at the Crossroads Inn. I can't remember where on the Kingsroad the Lady incident happened, it could have been at the Crossroads. Arya and the Brotherhood run into the Hound in another village though.

I think Lady was killed when everyone was staying in tents constructed along the (King's)road so they could take a break from traveling for a bit or something.

800px-Sansa_and_Lady.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
The song cuts in early after the dude from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is talking about Tywin and says "and that's it, all your troubles are gone". Drowns out the end of his speech and Jamie's screaming.

HBO Go was fine, what you're talking about is from a torrent group trying to troll viewers.

So did they actually use the same set for Hot Pie's inn as in episode 2 or 3 or whatever when Ned killed lady and the Hound killed Micah?

AND, is it the same place that Cat captured Tyrion?

AND... were all three incidents the same inn in the books or not? I don't quite remember.

Yes to the first. At least it looked like it and Arya asked the Hound if he remembered when they were there last.

Yes to the second, I think. At least I always took it as the same place, but I don't know if it was ever explicitly stated as such.

No to the third. The incident with Arya/The Houd/Lady/Mycah, etc. takes place at the home of a minor lord. Cat does take Tyrion at the Crossroads Inn. The scene in the last episode I don't think takes place at the Crossroads Inn in the book where Hot Pie gets left behind (correct me if I'm wrong), but the Crossroads Inn is featured many times in the different books.

Dawg

Would Ramsay have been Theon's friend if he DID kill the stark boys? Like, did he think he found a psychopath like himself when he first found out about Theon?

-griffy-

Banned
I think Lady was killed when everyone was staying in tents constructed along the (King's)road so they could take a break from traveling for a bit or something.

No it was definitely at this same inn. They are all inside the inn, not a tent, when they are trying to figure out how to deal with the situation and decide to kill Lady, and as Ned is walking out to do it he passes the Hound carrying the dead body of the boy, Arya's friend. Which is why in this episode Arya asks the Hound if he remembers the last time he was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOAC0qeGe9M

Would Ramsay have been Theon's friend if he DID kill the stark boys? Like, did he think he found a psychopath like himself when he first found out about Theon?

Pretty sure Ramsay/Reek was playing him from the start. It is all a game with him, no matter what he did.

Okay, I just looked it up and:

In the books:

(I'm not going to spoiler tag this because I can't imagine it matters at all)

There are two inns. The Crossroads Inn, where Cat captured Tyrion, and The Inn of the Kneeling Man where the Brotherhood takes Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie and they dump Hot Pie. And of course, the latter is the same place where the Hound killed the boy early in Season 1/Book 1.

In the show, it seems to be the same, but as Zerokku points out, maybe they used the same set for all three scenes. And whether that means they consolidated the two places in the show, who knows.

(EDIT: looks like Count explained it better)

Ithil

The Small Council scene with them going for the chairs was pretty funny, Littlefinger dashes for the chair next to Tywin, Cersei pulls a chair up closer, and Tyrion pulls a chair to the opposing end of the table.

Violater

Entire Series Spoilers
Because Sansa doesn't spend an entire book pining away for one of the worsr characters in the entire series.

Also because Sansa is awesome.

Ha, Series Spoiler:
Dario is like Drogo with swagger
And Sansa is a mindless fiddle.
You people are insane, Sansa get's by on her looks and nothing else Series Spoiler:
Hopefully Petyr can impart some knowledge on her so she can become useful at some point

Enosh

iirc it's the same inn as where arya was now, hence the comment to the hound if she remembers the last time he was here

the tents were for all the soldiers and other people they had with them

Daenerys haters can suck it.
Seriously how Sansa get's a pass while Dany is constantly scrutinized is beyond me.
because dany sucks and ! series spoilers !
is probably bat shit crazy herself, or at least i remember some characters speculating that some of the tag insanity did rob off on her, anyway her stay in that city shows that she is completely incapable to rule anything ever and should be kept as far away from westeros as possible

For fucks sake, why can't book readers stay out of the non-book readers thread? Even if they ask a question, it's not your cue to jump up and answer it for everyone. I cringe every time one of you answers a question. If they specifically ask a book reader to answer a question they have, pm it to them or something. Just stay the fuck out of the thread it shouldn't be that hard

Violater

because dany sucks and ! series spoilers !
is probably bat shit crazy herself, or at least i remember some characters speculating that some of the tag insanity did rob off on her, anyway her stay in that city shows that she is completely incapable to rule anything ever and should be kept as far away from westeros as possible

Series Spoiler:
What do you suggest that she should/could have done differently? People keep forgetting how old she is and the fact that everyone she has trusted in her life has betrayed her. I think if anything she has acted selflessly in trying to rid the people of Mereen of slavery and suffering.
Everyone on that show has a little bit of crazy if you ask me, even the most honorable characters are either crazy or naive.

For fucks sake, why can't book readers stay out of the non-book readers thread? Even if they ask a question, it's not your cue to jump up and answer it for everyone. I cringe every time one of you answers a question. If they specifically ask a book reader to answer a question they have, pm it to them or something. Just stay the fuck out of the thread it shouldn't be that hard

Huh?

Dysun

Daenerys haters can suck it.
Seriously how Sansa get's a pass while Dany is constantly scrutinized is beyond me.

Dany is a player and Sansa is a pawn. More scrutiny is imposed on real players I would imagine
Although Sansa may be a player eventually, not for now

Magnus

I'm puzzled by how directing/crew credits are assigned for this show. I mean, with only 1 or 2 scenes in each locale, the on-location shoots have to be filmed totally out of order. It makes far more sense to film all the Jon/Mance scenes for the whole season, for example, all at once. Then do all the King's Landing ones, then all the kingsroad ones, etc.

Makes it seem as though the credits are semi-arbitrary.

Gvaz

Banned
Don't quote people from the other thread, your posts show up in their user control panel. Or at least remove their user name and post id from the tag.

When was this featured added and why? I was banned for some stupid reason for a year.

Magnus

Was the archer that saved Theon at the end the same person that freed him from torture?

My facial recognition is garbage.

Gvaz

Banned
Like a month ago. Hence the big Stickied thread on every Forum for three weeks about the new features.

I never really go to the major forum things unless I've run out of threads to read in my ctrl panel, also I only got unbanned like a week ago.

ronito

That was a brilliant episode.
I think the things they added (the chair scene, theon running away, the intro to the blackfish and Edmure) were just damned brilliant moves.

The only thing that I don't get is:
- The scene with Robb's wife (that seemed just there to be like "HEY! Don't forget they have Lannisters and Robb's still married!"

- The Pod scene.

Perhaps I'm forgetting about the books but does Pod play a much larger role than I remember him playing? I thought his main deed was done.

Also WTF at that song?
That scene with Jamie had me like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH(credits start)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!"

dubq

This is the BOOK SPOILERS thread, you twit. Stick to the other thread if you don't want to hear from us horrible book readers.

Eidan

That was a brilliant episode.
I think the things they added (the chair scene, theon running away, the intro to the blackfish and Edmure) were just damned brilliant moves.

The only thing that I don't get is:
- The scene with Robb's wife (that seemed just there to be like "HEY! Don't forget they have Lannisters and Robb's still married!"

- The Pod scene.

Perhaps I'm forgetting about the books but does Pod play a much larger role than I remember him playing? I thought his main deed was done.

ASOS
It's important to show the two Lannisters as they play a part in the Karstark subplot.

As for Pod. AFFC
After Tyrion's trial, Pod embarks on a quest to find Tyrion. I think it's a good move to show the level of camaraderie between Pod and Tyrion so the audience believes Pod's motivation.

This is the BOOK SPOILERS thread, you twit. Stick to the other thread if you don't want to hear from us horrible book readers.

To be fair, I've seen book readers shit up that thread(as well as the ones for the previous seasons) quite a bit. Hell, even now they've still got twats in there spouting shitty, vague bullshit.

To be fair, I've seen book readers shit up that thread(as well as the ones for the previous seasons) quite a bit. Hell, even now they've still got twats in there spouting shitty, vague bullshit.
Which is what I'm talking about. There's a list of people in the op that they can pm with any question. I don't understand why book readers still feel the need to answer questions being asked in the thread with what is often knowledge only given by the books

Pocks

Edmure's arrow scene was great. I watch the show with non-book readers, and one of them commented on how funny it would be if he missed. That got a good chuckle. Craster's line was great as well..

Also, this quote from the non-book thread is amazing [ASOS]
I don't understand why Tywin is sending Littlefinger to the Eyrie considering how the lord of the Eyrie feels about the Lannisters (who they blame for the death of their previous lord). "Bringing them into the fold?" How do they expect to do that? Littlefinger has a golden tongue, but I don't think he's THAT good. I'd put him in that sky prison as soon as he arrives.
Will his grand planning be revealed in S3 or S4?

Dysun

Which is what I'm talking about. There's a list of people in the op that they can pm with any question. I don't understand why book readers still feel the need to answer questions being asked in the thread with what is often knowledge only given by the books

You aren't saying anything we dont know, the threads are clearly labeled. Anyone posting vague shit over there should be pointed out to a mod, not shit this thread up for the 500th time with the same complaint

Eidan

Yeah, I think it's best for book readers to simply not post in the other thread. The entire idea behind it is for people who have not read the books to have a discussion of their own, free of the critiques, line of thought, and spoilers that come in the book reader thread. I for one like it because it's a good opportunity to see how people are reacting to the series with "virgin eyes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom